Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FitFortDanga posted:

I like it, but I'm usually familiar with most of the clips he plays. Also I don't find Fogelnest that annoying, but I don't think he's an amazing host or anything.

He irked me a lot in the latest one, I thought he was just-okay in the other ones.

Familiarity with the clips definitely help. Like the "A Tooty Ta" video? Works so much better once you actually see the video. The podcast definitely isn't going to be a "must-listen" for me anymore but if I have time to kill in front of a computer I'll probably end up catching up on them while watching the videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah it really ought to be a video podcast; playing along with the clips is basically essential.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

So, I've listened to a couple Fogelnest Files episodes now and I don't think I like it.
Well I got AIDs, but other than that I'm doing pretty good.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

A fun thing to do is look at the photos for the latest Fogelnest Files, I don't know if DocEvil is really tall or if Fogelnest is just some short weird looking guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fogelnest is definitely a little guy.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Fogelnest Files is a pleasant enough listen while it's happening but drat if I can remember a standout bit from any ep so far. And it seems like a weird gripe when I'm clearly already nerdy enough to seek out podcasts, but asking me to sync the thing up with a youtube channel is kind of a tall order compared to all the other podcasts that satisfy my comedy kicks just from the audio side.

Yo is this racist is still so lovely that I'm starting to wince when the theme music kicks in again after, like, two minutes of content, but god dammit I can't NOT listen as long as Howard Kremer is on the mic. I'll follow that guy anywhere, but even he sounds bored. Hopefully they just recorded a bunch of episodes in a bundle and there will be a sudden overhaul once they burn through their initial stockpile.

The clear answer to all these problems is that Jason Mantzoukas needs to start making the Earwolf rounds and revitalize all this poo poo literally immediately.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
How dare they trick me with that Mike Detective snafu. I've been waiting for like a year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cast No Engine posted:

How dare they trick me with that Mike Detective snafu. I've been waiting for like a year.

It burned me too :(

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Alright that latest Fogelnest Files is really hurting me, I can't help but see Jake Fogelnest in my head whenever he starts talking and now that I know what he looks like there's something that really annoys me about him. The whole show is just him taking a bunch of old clips and doing a spastic nerd rant after them, if he calmed down or let the guests do all the talking it would be such a better show.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Has anyone ever got through a full episode The Apple Sisters? It's loving terrible.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Politicalrancor posted:

Has anyone ever got through a full episode The Apple Sisters? It's loving terrible.

I listened to one episode because I'll listen to anything Paul F. Tompkins is on. What's that, he's on more than one episode? I'll listen to almost anything Paul F. Tompkins is on.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I made it through 34 eps. What did I win?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I made it through 34 eps. What did I win?

The job of explaining "why?"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I imagine it'd be funny if you were into that sort of thing, but I am not. I think a UK chat show is right up their alley.

The one of them getting furious at PFT over every little thing was funny though.

e: oh for some reason I thought we were talking about Ronna & Beverly. The Apple Sisters seemed too focused on playing up their own individual characters for laughs rather than producing a good, cohesive show.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 7, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Politicalrancor posted:

The job of explaining "why?"

I'm able to listen to podcasts all day at work so for the last two years I've basically heard every Earwolf show.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 7, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm able to listen to podcasts all day at work so for the last two years I've basically heard every Earwolf show.

Me too but I can't do that show at all. I think I got 15 minutes in when I realized they weren't going to stop talking like assholes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holey Moley, I just watched that Smiley movie that Lowtax talked about in GBS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511675
The only reason I could see it be made was to be featured on How Did This Get Made. I don't know if they do movies currently in theaters, but I threw it their way over on the forums.

I'm still in schock after seeing that movie, jesus christ.
There is literally a scene where the heroine splashes some water in her face, just to get refreshed and when she looks back up in the mirror A HORRIBLE MONSTER IS BEHIND HER, then she turns around and IT'S NOT ACTUALLY THERE!
It's like it was lifted right out of the Paul F. Tompkins joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72XBnJFJeDM

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That bit works because that scene is in every lovely horror movie.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 15, 2012

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The How Did This Get Made guys don't seem like the type to be as close to internet minutiae as we are to properly understand exactly why it's so awful. Unless they get Jon Hendren, I guess, since he's been on an Earwolf show already.

edit: holy poo poo going through the Fogelnest Files who thought it was a good idea to get this teenaged girl on to talk about classic MTV.

Al! fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 15, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is the Kim Gordon fashion show clip he played on the internet? I couldn't find it on YouTube.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I'm not sure if Yo Is This Racist? is better this week because Howard Kremer isn't on it anymore, or because it's basically a third installment of Sklarbro Country/County.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
HDTGM is really hit and miss but this weeks episode was amazing. Basically any time they mentioned a fun fact about Bob Hoskins I was dying.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Wow, I have a feeling the next HDTGM is going to be a good one. Watching Sleepaway Camp now and it's one hell of a doozy. The jokes pretty much write themselves.
It's on youtube for those that want to partake in the shitfest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I

e: Every single time someone is murdered:
"It's you! It can't be you! What are you doing here!"
It's going to be such a shock when YOU are revealed at the end!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 23, 2012

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Is "Yo, Is This Racist" not refreshing for anyone else, either through RSS or the Earwolf iPhone app? Twitter claims PFT is on this week which I want to give a listen, but I can't find any evidence of new episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zsinjeh posted:

Wow, I have a feeling the next HDTGM is going to be a good one. Watching Sleepaway Camp now and it's one hell of a doozy. The jokes pretty much write themselves.
It's on youtube for those that want to partake in the shitfest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I

e: Every single time someone is murdered:
"It's you! It can't be you! What are you doing here!"
It's going to be such a shock when YOU are revealed at the end!

Sleepaway Camp is a fantastic bad movie. They're gonna have so much fun with it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

SKULE123 posted:

Is "Yo, Is This Racist" not refreshing for anyone else, either through RSS or the Earwolf iPhone app? Twitter claims PFT is on this week which I want to give a listen, but I can't find any evidence of new episodes.

It was changed to 1 episode a week, which will be out on Thursday.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Sleepaway Camp is a fantastic bad movie. They're gonna have so much fun with it.

It is and they are, though I am a much bigger fan of Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers where Angela drowns a camper in feces.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy crap, Matt Walsh, Seth Morris and Brian Huskey on this week's I4H. This is gonna be great.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Holy crap, Matt Walsh, Seth Morris and Brian Huskey on this week's I4H. This is gonna be great.

Do you mind if I smoke pot in this thread, since it's not addictive?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I listened to the last Yo, Is This Racist? and thought it was pretty funny. It could've just been PFT though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

I listened to the last Yo, Is This Racist? and thought it was pretty funny. It could've just been PFT though.

I think it's a pretty good podcast and will be a lot better now that it's only coming out once a week. That said, PFT is pretty much the perfect guest for this podcast. He's a great guest on any podcast of course, but it's really obvious he actually thinks about this kind of stuff and talks about it from a more genuine place than Jon Daly or Howard Kremer did. Not that I blame them, they were pretty funny on the show, but I prefer PFT and to a lesser extent the Sklar brothers' approach.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dammit. We've got a classic good news/bad news situation this morning thanks to the fine people at Earwolf.

Good News: Jason Mantzoukas is on the Totally Laime Podcast.
Bad News: I actually have to listen to the Totally Laime Podcast.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked Totally Laime when I first started listening because I was just picking out episodes with awesome guests like Paul Scheer, PFT, Andy Daly etc. After that though I was stuck with like a hundred episodes of guests I didn't know, and I wasn't willing to put up with the soundboard stuff/Oprah game etc anymore.

I never listened to the Earwolf Challenge but I'm kind of surprised that Totally Laime won.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 26, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
With the way the Earwolf Challenge was set up it made it pretty unlikely that a non-"chat show" podcast would win just due to the sort of challenges that had to be done

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Hsien-Ko posted:

I never listened to the Earwolf Challenge but I'm kind of surprised that Totally Laime won.

Yeah, I could only stomach to listen to a few episodes of totally laime after they won but I still listen to the little dum dum club once in a while, the show they beat in the last round. It still holds up for me even when I don't know who the guests are. Would have been a nice change of pace for earwolf instead of another show that interviews the same LA comedians and actors that 100,000 other podcasts interview. They've diversified some since then but that was 95% of their shows in one form or the other.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
New Ronna & Beverly with Tony Hale! Arrested Development fans check it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

With the way the Earwolf Challenge was set up it made it pretty unlikely that a non-"chat show" podcast would win just due to the sort of challenges that had to be done

The Earwolf Challenge is basically Who can Best Ape Comedy Bang Bang.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

This is a really good episode, but again Matt resorts to narration in one of the sketches. I can't help but be annoyed when that happens. Still love the show though.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

So I've been catching up on shortwave today, so far I'm digging all the artists on it. So much that I've bought a couple albums already, this is going to be an expensive podcast for me if they keep playing stuff I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ugghh, Jesus. Leave it to Totally Laime to make listening to a conversation with Jason Mantzoukas seem like a chore.