Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zxqv8 posted:

It's not exactly exclusive knowledge these days, but it's still somewhat useful to know just how much punishment the kroguard can really take.

Psh, I loved the Kroguard back when he was merely good instead of the most overpowered class in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

precision posted:

Charge triggers Rage now?! Eleventy billion new classes and guns?! I just re-bought this drat game let's do this.

psn: zerodrone
You chose... poorly (this game is dead on PS3 except for missile glitchers)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Elotana posted:

You chose... poorly (this game is dead on PS3 except for missile glitchers)
What's the missile glitch? I haven't seen anyone using missiles in any weird way.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think I want to respec my Destroyer to try the Hawk missile launcher. Let's assume I was to put six points in it - how would you do this? Mostly, is the shield penalty worth reducing at evo 4? And then Hydra or Cobra at evo 6?

also refire or armor effectiveness at evo 5, but I think the Hawk's primary virtue is stagger so probably refire there. Antiarmor is why I have guns.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 7, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's the missile glitch? I haven't seen anyone using missiles in any weird way.

It was something that could be triggered so that some projectile weapons (Scorpion, Striker, etc.) could fire full-on missiles instead of their normal ammunition. You couldn't pick up more ammo from ammo boxes, but that wasn't much of a downside. Imagine your missile stock multiplying by the spare ammo of a gun and you'll have a good idea how much that trivializes the game.

The most recent method involved specifically a N7 Destroyer/Striker combo, but I think that's squashed. Dunno how they're managing it now.

Psion posted:

I think I want to respec my Destroyer to try the Hawk missile launcher. Let's assume I was to put six points in it - how would you do this? Mostly, is the shield penalty worth reducing at evo 4? And then Hydra or Cobra at evo 6?

also refire or armor effectiveness at evo 5, but I think the Hawk's primary virtue is stagger so probably refire there. Antiarmor is why I have guns.

The one thing I gleaned from a morbid click on a "no the HML is awesome, really guys" BSN thread was that the Hydra evo smashes into walls much less than the Cobra, and thus isn't useless.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Felinoid posted:

The one thing I gleaned from a morbid click on a "no the HML is awesome, really guys" BSN thread was that the Hydra evo smashes into walls much less than the Cobra, and thus isn't useless.

Yeah I expect that to happen a lot. But hell I've never even used it and respecs are easy to get now, so...

e: wait the Hydra is the triple rocket. Does it smash into walls less often by virtue of firing 3 missiles instead of once? :raise:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 7, 2012

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I'd go all top row unless you want a no-weapons bronze run. HML is mostly useful as a distraction, especially for phantoms. Enemies that are dodging or staggering are enemies that aren't shooting at you.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
So, uh, I guess shockwave is still bugged? Cause it sure as hell wasn't working for me after wave 6 yesterday.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
So I just took the FQE for a spin now that Cryo explosions work

[img-dog-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing]

Firstly, I'd like to mention that this 20 second countdown change is the stupidest thing ever. Force an AFK person to start and ... you'll get an AFK team-mate. So there's this big complex etiquette about readying up now. Then I joined this lobby of loving assholes who immediately readied up on Glacier Cerberus Gold, so I had 20 seconds to desperately change from a sniper-oriented build into something shotgun-oriented and in my haste I grabbed a GPS and slapped a barrel and shredder on it.

Correct choice, as it turned out.

Anyway I'm not entirely sure how to use this build, but spamming Cryo/Incinerate certainly looks flashy, and I definitely felt like I was carrying the team at certain points... except I finished bottom (though everyone's scores were almost identical). Cryo is very spammable and it does a decent job of locking down Phantoms, but ultimately the DPS for this class just isn't there, and I don't really feel like much of a force magnifier either.

I swear though, if I had a PSP for every time we got pincered by Atlases...

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mr Dog posted:

Then I joined this lobby of loving assholes who immediately readied up on Glacier Cerberus Gold, so I had 20 seconds to desperately change from a sniper-oriented build into something shotgun-oriented and in my haste I grabbed a GPS and slapped a barrel and shredder on it.

FYI, you can ready then un-ready and the countdown resets.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Went U/U/G deliberately for the first time today (and not randomly thrown in while looking for Bronze) and did a Glacier Cerberus speedrun with my lvl 14 Krogan Soldier.

And finished 2nd with partial extraction in 15:45 (someone got downed and then stamped).

I'm not as terrible as I thought I was and I'll stop White/Geth/Gold farming now.

I've unlocked all the characters and weapons, I'm just levelling them all up now.

It looks like the Hazardous environment thing is another thing to crack down on farmers (and I'm betting the Geth bomber is also there to make life harder for farmers) so feeling confident to do speedruns (and having plenty of level V gears and a few Gold weapons at X) is probably for the best.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was unclear to me from reading the DLC notes whether environmental hazards would be added to already existing zones, or if there would be separate versions containing them. Sounds good to me so long as it works both ways and I can force push Phantoms into omni-spike traps.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

precision posted:

Tell me what guns got nerfed and/or buffed because seriously I haven't played since Rebellion (was that the Vorcha one?) came out.

Here's the complete list:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143

The main change is that the Krysae got nerfed into oblivion and tactical clock took a big nerf so you can't solo objectives without speccing for duration. Lots of other tweaks mostly buffs though.

Psion posted:

I tried to spec for Armor damage and it's pretty worthless since it's unreliable and the damage is poo poo. I've been meaning to try the Hydra Evo though since the staggering is useful and extra missiles should mean less whiffing. Someone else in this thread has tried it and likes it, they went reduced shield penalty, shorter refire time, and hydra.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
I thought I'd play a quick silver match with a Krogan Vanguard before work. I could run, I could get into and out of cover, but reviving a teammate was impossible. The reticule would flash green, but then I'd just end up standing there like an idiot. That was a new one for me.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

Mr Dog posted:

So there's this big complex etiquette about readying up now.
Yeah, I've seen that a few times. Two people ready up quickly; the two others eventually equip gear but neither one wants to rudely force the other guy (and/or risk bringing in an AFK teammate). So they both just sit there until someone shouts at them to hurry the hell up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lagomorphic posted:

I tried to spec for Armor damage and it's pretty worthless since it's unreliable and the damage is poo poo. I've been meaning to try the Hydra Evo though since the staggering is useful and extra missiles should mean less whiffing. Someone else in this thread has tried it and likes it, they went reduced shield penalty, shorter refire time, and hydra.

I tried shield/refire/hydra. Shield is important, for sure: 25% is still a big hit for Gold etc. I could not imagine this class with a 50% shield hit since its entire point is not staggering and ROF bonuses. Might switch from my Warfighter to Stronghold package for gear to help buff it up.

Refire rate is critical; I cannot even imagine this ever being useful without that bonus also.

Hydra vs Cobra evolution? Not sure. Three chances to hit is better than one, I guess, but in two games I saw all three hit or none of them hit. Not sure what to make of that.

I did enjoy chasing a Nemesis around not firing my gun but letting my missiles slowly chip shields and health as I just followed them around the White landing pad. This was stupid, but enjoyable.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Mr Dog posted:

So I just took the FQE for a spin now that Cryo explosions work

Oh yeah about that. Is it worth taking incinerate on the Paladin now? It should work well with snap freeze now its working as intended.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It was unclear to me from reading the DLC notes whether environmental hazards would be added to already existing zones, or if there would be separate versions containing them. Sounds good to me so long as it works both ways and I can force push Phantoms into omni-spike traps.

I haven't heard any clarification, but I suspect that there will be something popping up behind the counters in FB-White and in that room in FB-Glacier.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Pumpking posted:

Oh yeah about that. Is it worth taking incinerate on the Paladin now? It should work well with snap freeze now its working as intended.

But does the Paladin still have that tech burst bug?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

subroc posted:

I haven't heard any clarification, but I suspect that there will be something popping up behind the counters in FB-White and in that room in FB-Glacier.

You could always just not install the dlc, right? If that's the case, then they'll probably just have them be additional maps.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Tremors posted:

You could always just not install the dlc, right? If that's the case, then they'll probably just have them be additional maps.

If you don't install the DLC you'll only be able to play with people who have also not installed the DLC. The number of which will shrink very rapidly, most likely.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
I don't think I'd seen this before:

We had a package delivery objective and the slayer in our party repeatedly picked up and dropped the package, which allowed him to more or less run with the package.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

jpmeyer posted:

I don't think I'd seen this before:

We had a package delivery objective and the slayer in our party repeatedly picked up and dropped the package, which allowed him to more or less run with the package.
Yeah, Tactical Granny mentioned that a while back.

I've never seen anyone attempt it - does the team get barraged with "The package has been dropped! The package has been acquired!" soundbytes for the duration of the run?

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

GulMadred posted:

Yeah, Tactical Granny mentioned that a while back.

I've never seen anyone attempt it - does the team get barraged with "The package has been dropped! The package has been acquired!" soundbytes for the duration of the run?

Yes, but if you do it right, they clip each other out and the actual sound effect from picking it up drowns it out.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Do Uncommon Gear items come from PSPs or Veteran Packs? I have so few pieces.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TacticalGranny posted:

Yes, but if you do it right, they clip each other out and the actual sound effect from picking it up drowns it out.

I've only seen one person do it successfully, and it was hilarious how much it trivialized the objective (and thank god because gently caress wave 10 Condor). I've never tried it myself, to be honest.

Gerdalti posted:

They can theoretically come from PSPs, Spectre Packs or Vet Packs, but they're not a guaranteed drop. I got most of mine from PSPs.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gerdalti posted:

They don't drop from anything. :v:

Seriously though, they can be found in anything from veteran up but they're extremely rare.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zoran posted:

They don't drop from anything. :v:

Seriously though, they can be found in anything from veteran up but they're extremely rare.

Uncommon Gear is rare now? Wait what.

Had no trouble finding pub games today. Got two Ultra Rares in the first two PSPs I bought (Indra 2 and Saber 3) but only one new character (BF3 Soldier woooo...) I still don't even have all the Rebellion classes.

Also so basically they just buffed everything? KroGuard and PhoenixGuard with a Talon 5 let me just steamroll through Gold without even talking to my partners or knowing the map layouts.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
The patch has done some good work but something about health gate is off now. Before you could count on attacks taking you down to a sliver of health with a few seconds of grace period to get in cover, but some attacks just take you down immediately now. I've noticed this most with phantom sword attacks (the regular ones, not the executions) and geth turrets.

Best solution : More battlemasters on the battlefield, less demolishers and asari.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

UnknownMercenary posted:

I've only seen one person do it successfully, and it was hilarious how much it trivialized the objective (and thank god because gently caress wave 10 Condor). I've never tried it myself, to be honest.

It took him a couple drops to get the rhythm down, but then all of a sudden he just took off. It was on Condor so he had a pretty straight path.

Also, looking at my manifest just now, it looks like they split the promo weapons back out from the ultra rares.

EDIT: Any new builds for CA now that singularity is redesigned? I was going 0/6/6/6/6 before but obviously that's gotta change.

jpmeyer fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 8, 2012

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would try somethiiiing like this? http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#04PLRID@0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

I honestly dunno which is better for Singularity at 6, as I haven't gotten a chance to experiment with it yet, but from what I've seen, this seems like the best option. I would think the best option would be to throw Singularity and then get behind a wall and abuse Smash, like, a lot.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Odd new bug: the in-game sound completely cut out in the middle of a match. XBox live notifications still made noise, so I know it wasn't the TV.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

precision posted:

Uncommon Gear is rare now? Wait what.

It's not technically "Rare" but it is functionally rare.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

Odd new bug: the in-game sound completely cut out in the middle of a match. XBox live notifications still made noise, so I know it wasn't the TV.

Yeah that happened to me once, thought it was very weird. And yeah, you can ready up constantly to reset the timer. I usually just see 3 of us ready up, and if the other guy doesn't ready up within 10 seconds, one of us unreadys to kill the timer. It's all bit roundabout now, but I don't think its so bad.

So I was doing some W/G/G farming earlier, and I forgot just how much easier it is with a Decoy. And not being able to grab Pyros hasn't become a big deal because as soon as some show up, me and the rest of my team focus on them until they're done, or they get caught with the decoy anyway. However, during a White/Geth/Platinum game, a few Phantoms came around the backdoor, so I think that strategy isn't viable now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paracelsus posted:

Dude this happened to me like three games in a row last night and I had no idea why. I was afraid my TV had crapped out on me. :confused:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Gerdalti posted:

You can get them in PSP's, Veteran or regular Spectre packs. I find regular Spectres to be the best pack to buy if you want to fill out the uncommon gear, unless you also want to get a bunch of uncommon guns then you can go with veterans.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

VJeff posted:

I would try somethiiiing like this? http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#04PLRID@0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

I honestly dunno which is better for Singularity at 6, as I haven't gotten a chance to experiment with it yet, but from what I've seen, this seems like the best option. I would think the best option would be to throw Singularity and then get behind a wall and abuse Smash, like, a lot.

I don't bother with the exploding singularity since you'll be recasting it for the priming and the extra DoT really adds up. I've only taken Lash to 6 since the singularity overhaul since you don't need it to prime explosions anymore. I'm rolling with 6/6/3/5/6 and it's pretty great especially for Platinum farming.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That sound bug happened to me in the PC version to.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I just unlocked both the n7 shadow and slayer classes. I am become anime, destroyer of worlds.

Seriously though, they're both awesome. I love the fact that the slayer can dodge through walls, though I'm still pretty bad at it. Shame their heavy melee is such a chore to actually land.

What weapons do people use on soldiers? Whenever I play one, I always seem to be dead last in points and general usefulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

For the regular human soldier try the Piranha, Talon (use a scope and piercing), Sabre, Hurricane or Mattock. They're all pretty good. Take hardening and shield boost on AR and fitness to 6 you'll need the toughness on Gold. Also use cover whenever possible it helps with stability and accuracy and keeps you alive when AR is in cooldown.

• Locked thread