Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

who is spain
Oct 28, 2010

Viggen posted:

We don't. I swear. That it has factory wheels, though, just makes me cringe. I will pretend that the rear end got smacked hard, and that it has a replacement trunk which is nearly the same color, but not quite.

I've never seen a tarted-up 95. Just 93s.

:sweden:

I saw this one on spring break in Panama City, FL

It seemed so perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Viggen posted:

We don't. I swear. That it has factory wheels, though, just makes me cringe. I will pretend that the rear end got smacked hard, and that it has a replacement trunk which is nearly the same color, but not quite.

I've never seen a tarted-up 95. Just 93s.

:sweden:

Same dealer where I got my car. drat good dealer.

To contribute:

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

angryhampster posted:

To contribute:

It looks like a bumper car.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

angryhampster posted:

How else is it supposed to get the juice to run into others?

Oxford Comma posted:

t:mad:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I once worked with the dumbass who had this plate in AZ, or at least had it at one point. He actually had RU18SXY first but someone complained to the MVD and they took it back.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Oxford Comma posted:

You don't know. You weren't THERE!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I once worked with the dumbass who had this plate in AZ, or at least had it at one point. He actually had RU18SXY first but someone complained to the MVD and they took it back.
I occasionally wonder if not being allowed to shag until they're 18 or drink until they're 21 is why so many American teenagers you meet online are pissed off at the world in general.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

InitialDave posted:

not being allowed to shag until they're 18

What?

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003

Powershift posted:

I bet it doesn't even float.

edit: dammit, russia, stop doing this poo poo.
potential :nws: ads http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic482740.html

Choice cuts:

This is what i think of when i hear "rebuilt title"

They do that poo poo out here in socal (North Hollywood, Glendale, Sun Valley, and Van Nuys) on a daily basis to Mercedes, BMWs, and Audis. Weld poo poo on not even in factory spot weld locations. That car's left rear quarter is now way too strong compared to the rest of it, and will not crumple up correctly in another accident.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

front wing flexing posted:

I remember that post. Broke my heart. Wasn't the car your from your grandpa?

Yep. The good news is the chassis stuff is done, just lookng for decent body parts to finish it up.

uncle_skin
Feb 23, 2004
I think this is the right thread for this.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

A buddy of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday. Not that it's necessarily "terrible car stuff," but it's not how you want to get your Karma home. He said there was another white one right behind this one on the shoulder that appeared to be operational.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

DropShadow posted:

A buddy of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday. Not that it's necessarily "terrible car stuff," but it's not how you want to get your Karma home. He said there was another white one right behind this one on the shoulder that appeared to be operational.

I was out (drunk as gently caress) with a bunch of friends in Old Town Scottsdale last weekend and there was a Karma rolling through. One of my chick friends has to run over and knock on his window because "JUSTIN BEIBER! HE DRIVES A KARMA, IT MUST BE HIM!". :lol:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Bahaha, was it a red SRT4?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I was out (drunk as gently caress) with a bunch of friends in Old Town Scottsdale last weekend and there was a Karma rolling through. One of my chick friends has to run over and knock on his window because "JUSTIN BEIBER! HE DRIVES A KARMA, IT MUST BE HIM!". :lol:

Aww man, I just got this thing detailed and now it's all covered in pussy shrapnel.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

InitialDave posted:

I occasionally wonder if not being allowed to shag until they're 18 or drink until they're 21 is why so many American teenagers you meet online are pissed off at the world in general.

There's no law against having sex before 18, just against having sex with someone who's under 18 when you're over 18. Are things different over there?

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
And it's different in every state.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

uncle_skin posted:

I have actually seen this truck in person in public.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geoj posted:

There's no law against having sex before 18, just against having sex with someone who's under 18 when you're over 18. Are things different over there?

16 is legal and it's only the frowns of other people that tend to stop men who are 'too old' from going after the 16yr old girls.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

88h88 posted:

16 is legal and it's only the frowns of other people that tend to stop men who are 'too old' from going after the 16yr old girls.

poo poo, I just turned 25 and after too many bad experiences I will no longer hook up with girls under 21. :lol:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 8, 2012

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
wrong thread! -snip-

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 8, 2012

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
...wrong thread, bro?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

uncle_skin posted:

At least they have human proportions and no wheels. In bad taste definitely, but the airbrush job is very well done.

PreacherNutshot
Dec 8, 2005
I love children, but I can't eat a whole one.

odiv posted:

So somehow both my cars were hit and run last night.

:waycool:

The Echo had the bumper ripped off, the fence was nicked and the Sonic was pushed forward a good 6 or more feet and the back is in pretty rough shape.

I can't even get the police to come out.

This is terrible car related stuff, right?

I'm sorry about your cars, but what do you mean "I can't even get the police to come out"? As in "sorry, today's Larry's birthday and we're not going on calls until the cake gets cut" or "You live in a lovely neighborhood, what did you expect?"

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Probably more or less "it was a hit and run with zero known witnesses it's not worth the manpower to have someone come out for a crime that has a very small chance of being solved". They should at least send someone out for a police report so you can claim it properly on your insurance though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlackMK4 posted:

was it a red SRT4?

I remember that guy. So glad I fell out of contact with most of the 2nd run SRT crowd.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

rscott posted:

Probably more or less "it was a hit and run with zero known witnesses it's not worth the manpower to have someone come out for a crime that has a very small chance of being solved". They should at least send someone out for a police report so you can claim it properly on your insurance though.
One time as I was cruising on the highway, a concrete block fell off the side of a trailer one lane over from me, slid into my lane, was struck by the SUV in front of me, and exploded, showering my car with concrete bits at 70mph. Not only did I get his license plate, I got a photo of the loving pickup truck & driver including the rest of his trailer full of poorly secured concrete blocks.

The state police refused to even take a police report because nobody was hurt and there was less than $2500 damage. Even when I called back with a body shop estimate for $5k worth of damage (windshield and bumper needed to be replaced, and about half the car needed to be repainted), they refused to do gently caress-all about it. Believe their response was "poo poo happens, people get hit with rocks off trucks all the time, quit yer bitching and suck it up." Insurance company wouldn't do poo poo about it, either, without a police report. Frustrating as hell.

grover fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 8, 2012

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
I know in Florida, debris falling out of a vehicle and hitting your car is not a claim for auto insurance, since it didn't involve a "crash", so it would have to be handle by small claims or civil suits, or something to that nature. A buddy who works for a body shop doing primarily insurance work told me about this.

dor1
Jun 5, 2011

I think i want it.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Fermunky posted:

I know in Florida, debris falling out of a vehicle and hitting your car is not a claim for auto insurance, since it didn't involve a "crash", so it would have to be handle by small claims or civil suits, or something to that nature. A buddy who works for a body shop doing primarily insurance work told me about this.

Not even with comprehensive?

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

astrollinthepork posted:

Not even with comprehensive?

Good question, I do not honestly know.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Bahaha, was it a red SRT4?

I wouldn't put it past him but at the time it was a piece of poo poo minitruck (a Nissan I think?) that he had installed magnesium blocks on so he could go up and down the then-brand-spanking-new San Tan 202 "leaving sick sparks yo".

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Fermunky posted:

Good question, I do not honestly know.

My wife and I have full coverage, 0 deductible, and Insurance paid 100% of the repair when we were hit by huge chunk of steel while driving down the highway. It didn't noticeably come plying off a nearby car, more like the guy in front of us drove over it and kicked it up into the air. It hit the front quarter panel, creasing the metal and killing the paint. New painted quarter panel was the repair. This was in FL, Allstate.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

grover posted:

One time as I was cruising on the highway, a concrete block fell off the side of a trailer one lane over from me, slid into my lane, was struck by the SUV in front of me, and exploded, showering my car with concrete bits at 70mph. Not only did I get his license plate, I got a photo of the loving pickup truck & driver including the rest of his trailer full of poorly secured concrete blocks.

The state police refused to even take a police report because nobody was hurt and there was less than $2500 damage. Even when I called back with a body shop estimate for $5k worth of damage (windshield and bumper needed to be replaced, and about half the car needed to be repainted), they refused to do gently caress-all about it. Believe their response was "poo poo happens, people get hit with rocks off trucks all the time, quit yer bitching and suck it up." Insurance company wouldn't do poo poo about it, either, without a police report. Frustrating as hell.

You have a lovely insurance agent then. Comprehensive is made specifically for this type of poo poo. Something random happens to the car but it isn't technically a collision. Also, now you know to follow the trailer to it's destination and handle it with a tire iron (shitthatdidnthappen.txt)

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

veedubfreak posted:

You have a lovely insurance agent then. Comprehensive is made specifically for this type of poo poo. Something random happens to the car but it isn't technically a collision. Also, now you know to follow the trailer to it's destination and handle it with a tire iron (shitthatdidnthappen.txt)
Let me rephrase: my insurance company was uninterested in chasing down the rear end in a top hat who lost the block, and wanted to charge it against my insurance, with the deductible coming out of my pocket, potentially increased rates, etc. Fought with them for 3 months trying to get them to track the guy down before giving up.

grover fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 8, 2012

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ah, I had to eat a "collision" claim a few years back when the fuckhead driving the snow plow at my apartment took out my hood/grill. Didn't count as an at fault because it happened when the car was parked, but I still had to eat the deductible and it's still a "mark" on my insurance. Still better than paying the 2k out of pocket.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

dor1 posted:

I think i want it.
Wow, James May's second project after the Alfaab limo was pretty garish.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Car insurance is designed to screw you whenever possible. I was successful taking a trucking company to court over having a large chunk of gravel fall out an unsecured trailer and go through my windshield, nearly hitting me in the face. It was the size of my face and probably would have killed me or something horrible.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
More pics from the junkyard crawl.

Graffiti on a VW.

More graffiti on the same VW.

Whitetrash interior job on a Jeep XJ.

Great job painting, buddy! :thumbsup:

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

dor1 posted:

I think i want it.

Please tell me that is yellow duct tape. Also, I would drive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

On the back of a yellow H3: