Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zoran posted:

It's not technically "Rare" but it is functionally rare.

Yeah. Silver card, incredibly difficult (in practice) to get it to drop. My uncommon gear selection is pitiful, my rare gear selection is basically filled out. Go figure :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Psion posted:

Yeah. Silver card, incredibly difficult (in practice) to get it to drop. My uncommon gear selection is pitiful, my rare gear selection is basically filled out. Go figure :confused:

Apparently this is what's happening for just about everybody, especially for the stuff that came out with Earth... just do a google search for "uncommon gear ME3", and you can see just how many people are complaining about it.

It seems like they just didn't implement the drop rate properly.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Extraction round, host disconnects midway through.
We fight up to the end, another lucky player drops in with less than a minute to go.
"Shuttle's here! Clean sweep, well done!"
Full Extraction

MISSION FAILED WAVE 11 dun dun dun dun dun dun

:raise:

edit: And then I lost connection to the server.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Psion posted:

But does the Paladin still have that tech burst bug?

Yes, but to be perfectly honest, you're better off speccing snap freeze for the extra vulnerability and using it as a huge debuff anyhow. 50% armor reduction means that everything in front of you suddenly starts disintegrating so much faster it's amazing.

I love the N7 Paladin. Probably in my top 3 classes, and I haven't even respecced to try out incinerate at 6 for the extra damage against chilled stuff. I'm not sure I ever will, because I don't really want to ditch points in anything else.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
The news of the new DLC made me play all day. I haven't played since... a bit of the Earth DLC, I think.

I did not managed to get any classes at all from that DLC. It saddens me.

I do want to bash at Platinum difficulty, but pubbies are rather unhelpful in that. I need goons.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just for fun today I took my HuEng with the neural shock specced overload we all found out about a couple of weeks ago with cryo ammo on a Falcon X just to see how it played. I've never had an easier time on clearing Gold Cerberus ever. Tech bursts and staggered, frozen clumps of mobs everywhere.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Cosmic Afro posted:

I do want to bash at Platinum difficulty, but pubbies are rather unhelpful in that. I need goons.

It'll help if you post your platform and username. If you're on 360 look me up: Orthonormal

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

It'll help if you post your platform and username. If you're on 360 look me up: Orthonormal

I'm on PC, sadly. I should've mentioned that -- I signed up my name on the List as well.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

I'm on PC, sadly. I should've mentioned that -- I signed up my name on the List as well.

I added you, though I'm not certain I'll be playing tonight.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well the Destroyer certainly lives up to his name.

:supaburn:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tried the Graal Spike Thrower on N7 Shadow and it feels like it could be quite good, but it's unfortunately quite awkward with the way starting a charge will remove your cloak, Shadow Striking will release a charged shot, and so on. It basically means that you have to decide to use either just your weapon or just your powers exclusively at any given moment.

Tried the Crusader and that worked a lot better, although a lot of that is just because the Crusader is amazing on everything. It does unfortunately lack the ability to twitch shoot things in the face when you screw up or find yourself surrounded, which is rather important on a class that involves teleporting into melee range.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Whether or not the volus thing is a huge troll effort on the part of BioWare (and I don't think it is), it is funny and awesome either way. When I first heard about the volus classes, the little ME3 lore nerd inside of me was a little offended, but as some here have pointed out, it really helps to think of MP as a canon-free environment. The frustration of contradictory lore doesn't compare to the fun of being a squishy round biotic god!

Plus, maybe the addition of volus implies that we might get Elcor and Hanar? You've already answered two of my wishes BioWare (Drell Infiltrator and Batarian Vanguard), let's see that Elcor Soldier! And maybe--if it's not too much to ask for--some playable Rachni? oh please oh please oh pretty pretty please?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I really want my volus to be able to just flat out roll around like a ball for combat dodging.

I would seriously spend about 5 minutes just doing that over and over.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

zxqv8 posted:

I really want my volus to be able to just flat out roll around like a ball for combat dodging.

I would seriously spend about 5 minutes just doing that over and over.

I am down for this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How could you suggest that and not also suggest rolling into enemies' legs to knock them over?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Samurai Sanders posted:

How could you suggest that and not also suggest rolling into enemies' legs to knock them over?

Sigh this just makes me wish that ME3 had sliding while sprinting in it just so that the Volus slide could be a bowling ball tumble.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

And hell, if that Turian jetpack pans out, you'd have all the best parts of that movie anyway.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

zxqv8 posted:

Yes, but to be perfectly honest, you're better off speccing snap freeze for the extra vulnerability and using it as a huge debuff anyhow. 50% armor reduction means that everything in front of you suddenly starts disintegrating so much faster it's amazing.

I love the N7 Paladin. Probably in my top 3 classes, and I haven't even respecced to try out incinerate at 6 for the extra damage against chilled stuff. I'm not sure I ever will, because I don't really want to ditch points in anything else.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I don't really want to waste a respec card taking incinerate to 6 if it turns out to still be quite mediocre, extra damage to chilled targets or no. I guess I could promote him now its less of a chore.

Continuing the talk of bugs and glitches, I encountered a new one yesterday. I was platinum glacier farming with a demolisher engineer and he managed to place two pylons. Both were fully functional and dropped ammo and grenades and gave shield buffs. It made the rest of the game pretty easy. I have no idea how it happened or if its replicable though.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Pumpking posted:

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I don't really want to waste a respec card taking incinerate to 6 if it turns out to still be quite mediocre, extra damage to chilled targets or no. I guess I could promote him now its less of a chore.
According to a thread (or two) on BSN the rank 6 Incinerate evo only works with Cryo Blast and Cryo Ammo, but has no effect on Snap Freeze, so don't waste that respec card. Great job as always, Bioware!

SirViver fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 8, 2012

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there any reason at all to ever play anything besides KroGuard and Fury?

Or is there some downside to Fury that I'm not seeing because I'm too busy killing all the things?

e: I mean I just basically solo'd Condor/C/G because the three Demolishers I was with kept dying, and Dark Channel seems to just destroy stuff. Even Atlases. Especially Atlases.

precision fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 8, 2012

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
I don't get the freaking out about Volus. They are an entire species, guys. They may have to rent Turian protection as a whole, but somewhere among the millions of Volus there's gotta be a few hardcore badasses.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

And hell, if that Turian jetpack pans out, you'd have all the best parts of that movie anyway.

Turian Havoc jetpacking into dudes' faces omni-blades first. It's like he decided to fix his inability to ABC :swoon:

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Lagomorphic posted:

For the regular human soldier try the Piranha, Talon (use a scope and piercing), Sabre, Hurricane or Mattock. They're all pretty good. Take hardening and shield boost on AR and fitness to 6 you'll need the toughness on Gold. Also use cover whenever possible it helps with stability and accuracy and keeps you alive when AR is in cooldown.

Well, on the upside, this vindicates my sneaking suspicion that all the guns I currently own suck :v:. Are assault rifles still really bad aside from the sabre and mattock?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The codex does say that the volus provide some auxiliary troops to the turian military. Making most of them biotics seems like fan service though because everybody loved the biotic god in ME2, the vanguard especially sounds like a joke to the point where it's almost unbelievable. It sounds hilarious to me though, a biotic bowling ball flying across the map. What will their melee attacks be? How do they see over the chest high walls?

A lot of people take this poo poo seriously though and legitimately get mad over it. I played with a guy screaming over his mic, enraged at sync kills and then at the remaining players he was spectating (I was also Phantom'd) for not farming Glacier right. He didn't like being told to relax because it's just a video game too.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

LogicNinja posted:

I don't get the freaking out about Volus. They are an entire species, guys. They may have to rent Turian protection as a whole, but somewhere among the millions of Volus there's gotta be a few hardcore badasses.

Who promptly die the moment they take a single shot. No amount of badass-ness can save you from explosive decompression and an incompatible atmosphere. Quarians also have an issue, but it's not nearly so pronounced. Even if they were to die from an infection, it'd probably take longer than the duration of a match, so they'd likely be able to hold it together until extraction and then die on the way to medical treatment.

Still, gently caress that, I wanna be a bowling soccer ball too. I will raise hell if they can't at least dodge-roll like one. :colbert:

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

LogicNinja posted:

It'll turn out that there is a subspecies of Volus that has a small population that you never see on the Citadel but has more humanoid standard heights and dimensions that work conveniently to make the jobs of animators and programmers easier.

Or you play as two Volus standing on top of eachother in an invisible biotic trench coat.

I just can't see them problem solving the animation, ai and hit box issues of much less than standard height class, since they cited laziness for avoiding those issues in your SP team for 3 games. Or maybe they saved them so long because they were putting in that work. If they are a real class then they will likely end up buggy, as I also imagine whatever the Turian jetpack does will cause some glitches too.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Androc posted:

Well, on the upside, this vindicates my sneaking suspicion that all the guns I currently own suck :v:. Are assault rifles still really bad aside from the sabre and mattock?

The Phaeston and GPR have been buffed to "okay" for classes that frequently use powers. The Revenant is pretty good on the GI/GE/Destroyer/Turian Soldier since they can boost its awful accuracy. The rest of the ultra rare assault rifles are pretty drat good now that the Typhoon recoil has been patched and the Particle Rifle gains capacity as it levels up.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 8, 2012

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I moved out of my parent's house and left my Massive CRT TV there because gently caress moving that, but for now I don't have a TV and therefore nothing to use my Xbox on. so for now I will have to wait to play this again.

yeah I could get the PC version for less than the cost of a television but I can't play with my Xbros on the PC version :qq:

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
While everyone talks about the nerf bat coming for the KroGuard, I think the N7 Constant Grenade Machines is getting nerfed as well. Why? Go to your friendly pubbie W/G/G match- what to you see? N7 Constant Grenade Machines everywhere. Curious as to why, I took mine out for some W/G/G.

Plain and simple- its Easy Mode engaged. And given Bioware's game breaking obsession with stopping W/G/G farming, that is going to end. My prediction- they cut the grenade drop by 50% per machine and extend the time between drops by 50%. I bet both classes get nerf batted the day the DLC drops.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

highmodulus posted:

While everyone talks about the nerf bat coming for the KroGuard, I think the N7 Constant Grenade Machines is getting nerfed as well. Why? Go to your friendly pubbie W/G/G match- what to you see? N7 Constant Grenade Machines everywhere. Curious as to why, I took mine out for some W/G/G.

Plain and simple- its Easy Mode engaged. And given Bioware's game breaking obsession with stopping W/G/G farming, that is going to end. My prediction- they cut the grenade drop by 50% per machine and extend the time between drops by 50%. I bet both classes get nerf batted the day the DLC drops.

If the Kroguard is taken down a notch, I hope it's a simple adjustment like reducing his max health/shields rather than something that weakens him below pre-Rage fix status. And yes, while Grenade Turret is probably the most overpowered skill in the game, I'm not sure if they're going to do anything about it if they haven't done so already. The Demolisher is a pretty boring class without that added utility, and with Grenade Capacity V you'll hardly ever run out of grenades when you need them.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Added all the Paladin bugs to the OP :(

EDIT: He's in the same boat as the QFE was since the combo is still bugged. You can play him as a debuffer but plenty of classes can either debuff AND do damage or debuff from farther away, and the shield still doesn't stop anything but regular fire which you can recover from with E-Drain anyway. Congratulations N7 Paladin, you are now The Worst Class

Elotana fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 8, 2012

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Felinoid posted:

Who promptly die the moment they take a single shot. No amount of badass-ness can save you from explosive decompression and an incompatible atmosphere. Quarians also have an issue, but it's not nearly so pronounced. Even if they were to die from an infection, it'd probably take longer than the duration of a match, so they'd likely be able to hold it together until extraction and then die on the way to medical treatment.
I'm pretty sure if Scifi Technology can explain Blue-Glowing Space Wizards, it can explain Volus Vanguards.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Phaeston and GPR have been buffed to "okay" for classes that frequently use powers. The Revenant is pretty good on the GI/GE/Destroyer/Turian Soldier since they can boost its awful accuracy. The rest of the ultra rare assault rifles are pretty drat good now that the Typhoon recoil has been patched and the Particle Rifle gains capacity as it levels up.

Oh, no wonder the particle rifle seemed so bad when I was using it (I just got the first level). Does the damage go up a lot, though? Even holding it long enough to get the full beam strength, it still seemed pretty weak against most targets.

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

NextTime000 posted:

I moved out of my parent's house and left my Massive CRT TV there because gently caress moving that, but for now I don't have a TV and therefore nothing to use my Xbox on. so for now I will have to wait to play this again.

yeah I could get the PC version for less than the cost of a television but I can't play with my Xbros on the PC version :qq:
60fps. 1080p. Forget about your friends, and join usss. :getin:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

What's your GT? I'll add you so we can team up when you get your TV back.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

LogicNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure if Scifi Technology can explain Blue-Glowing Space Wizards, it can explain Volus Vanguards.

With Volus being obscenely wealthy I'm sure they can afford to outfit their soldiers with the highest class armor and biotic amps. It doesn't put them anywhere near the Krogan or the Turians, but it's good enough to fight.

Goddamn is there some delicious schadenfreude over this on the BSN. The anti-Volus butthurt is palpable. :mmmsmug:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Elotana posted:

Added all the Paladin bugs to the OP :(

EDIT: He's in the same boat as the QFE was since the combo is still bugged. You can play him as a debuffer but plenty of classes can either debuff AND do damage or debuff from farther away, and the shield still doesn't stop anything but regular fire which you can recover from with E-Drain anyway. Congratulations N7 Paladin, you are now The Worst Class

He's still a great class! Energy drain has incredible utility and his cryo powers are still very useful on the highest difficulties. You just shouldn't take Incinerate (still) and apparently also shouldn't go for increased tech combo damage on Snap Freeze.

Energy Drain alone is really enough to salvage most any class, and the Paladin has much more than that going for him.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cheap Vodka posted:

Goddamn is there some delicious schadenfreude over this on the BSN. The anti-Volus butthurt is palpable. :mmmsmug:

I hope one of the titlecards you can get involves the word "troll" so I can be sure to use that every time I roll Volus.

so basically, forever

ALSO:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/08/developer-blog-updates-coming-to-me3-multiplayer/

Looks like they're automating weekend challenges, plus instant rewards! and no "once every two weeks" schedule. Plus a lot more detail on what exactly the challenges/titlecard system is like.

Here's the relevant stuff:

quote:

We’re adding hundreds of new multiplayer challenges that can be completed at your own pace. As you progress, you’ll earn Challenge Points, essentially bragging rights. Completion of the top tier “Gold” challenges will reward you with a unique banner and title to display in the multiplayer game lobby. Gold challenges can be completed multiple times for even more points. We’ve also added an additional leaderboard to keep track of the points you collect.

The new system offers an in-game way to track your progress as you complete the challenges. But we’ve also built a new N7 HQ web page that offers a ton of information when you’re not playing, including character lists, leaderboards, and gameplay stats. In-game or online, you’ll have a comprehensive way to review your overall multiplayer progression.

We’ll still be running weekend events, but they’ll be a bit different. When you jump into multiplayer, you’ll be notified that there’s a new Weekend Challenge available. Just like the current Operations, these challenges will only be up for the weekend. But now you’ll be able to instantly track your progress. You’ll also get the spoils of your efforts as soon as you’ve completed the event. No more waiting for the next Tuesday (or longer) to get your Commendation Pack!

There will be a new Weekend Challenge available every weekend, not every two weeks like our current schedule. On top of the Weekend Challenges, we will be unlocking new kits and other surprises each week to help your squad in that next big push against the Collectors.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 8, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Androc posted:

As a group AR's are getting better with each balance update. The main problem is that any automatic weapon leaves you exposed for too long while firing so they're best used on tanky classes and when firing from cover. Cover provides stability accuraccy and provides damage reduction.If you're using an AR you should be moving from cover to cover. For run and gun style you need to use a semi-auto AR or shotgun.

Most of the AR's are only recommended for specific classes that can work around their weaknesses to realize their potential for high DPS. For example the Argus and Revenent are pretty good on the Turians, the Particle Rifle is great with inc. ammo on a Destroyer with the extended clip mod and devastor evo. The Phaeston is a good choice for Turian Sent since it's light enough for power spam and benifits from the racial stability bonus. The Falcon is pretty good on engineers if you use distruptor ammo since it's light and will prime tech bursts. The Harrier is amazing but has very little spare ammo so it's good on classes that can afford to take a second gun or for melee builds. I've been using it with the melee mod on my Krogan Sent and Vorcha lately. The Typhoon is a boss killer but it's heavy and not great at taking care of trash because of the spin up so you'll want a second gun so save it for builds that don't give a gently caress about weight.

The Vindicator is complete trash and the Stiker and Geth Rifle are also pretty lovely.

Androc posted:

Oh, no wonder the particle rifle seemed so bad when I was using it (I just got the first level). Does the damage go up a lot, though? Even holding it long enough to get the full beam strength, it still seemed pretty weak against most targets.

Mines at 3 but if you but it on the Destroyer with inc ammo and both clip size boosts it's great. Take a Reeger as your second gun since you're going to be using inc. ammo. It's great but I don't use the PR on anything else.

NextTime000 posted:

Get an Xbox VGA cable and hook it up to your monitor. It works really well. I've got a generic chinese knockoff that I paid 5 bucks for that I've been using since like 2006.

Edit: Post a link to your manifest Androc. We can give you better weapon recommendations when we can see what you have unlocked.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
What are some good class combinations for doing cerberus/glacier/gold speed runs, and is anyone on xbox interested in doing some today?

• Locked thread