Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

pixaal posted:

Its awesome unless you are expecting to to grab a show just after it airs I think it only checked your indexes once an hour, so if you have to watch it now you will have to do a manual refresh.

Config > Search Settings > Search Frequency. I have mine set to 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
The only time I've run into issues is for cases where show numbering is weird. Usually that seems to happen on shows that have mini-episodes. For example I think Adventure Time has 2 episodes per half-hour show. Most people seem to release them both as a combined single episode but TVDB/Sickbeard insists they are separate episodes so you end up with it either not finding the episodes or with only half as many and they are all mis-named.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pixaal posted:

Its awesome unless you are expecting to to grab a show just after it airs I think it only checked your indexes once an hour, so if you have to watch it now you will have to do a manual refresh.

Is Canada airing some shows a little bit early at the moment? I've noticed stuff being grabbed being anyone even live chats about the episode in TVIV.

I miss the days of getting Simpsons early as hell because of wildfeeds, and WWE shows having about 20 minute s of rehearsal footage and extra bits.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The pHo posted:

Is Canada airing some shows a little bit early at the moment? I've noticed stuff being grabbed being anyone even live chats about the episode in TVIV.

I miss the days of getting Simpsons early as hell because of wildfeeds, and WWE shows having about 20 minute s of rehearsal footage and extra bits.
Canadian networks have an awesome policy where they sometimes air poo poo early when the normal time slot is preempted.
There are also a handful of shows that seem to air an hour or days before the US.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
[edit] Meant to post that in the Home Networking thread.

Sorrrrrrrry...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 5, 2012

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Lord Dekks posted:

How is Sickbeard nowadays in keeping up to date with TV shows? (Or rather whatever site it queried show info from). I used Sickbeard in the past and would love it to begin with, but soon got frustrated that whenever there was a mid season break, I would have to continually force manual refreshes to get new episodes to appear etc, and found a lot of issues with the scene not being able to decide on season/episode numbers and getting duplicates etc.

I normally just stream to my TV via my Xbox 360 or just through my videocards HDMI out, so am not bothered by metadata etc, just the automatically downloading without having to fuss with RSS feeds.

This used to drive me nuts too, I would go to watch something mid season and discover it never grabbed several episodes. Thankfully its all been resolved, I haven't run into that problem in about 6 months.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

pixaal posted:

(I have it sending to Growl because it was the only windows solution at the time I set it up that I could find that worked with SB).

I use SABconnect++ with Chrome notifications, works really well for me.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
What do I have to do to keep CouchPotato from screwing up every split movie that has sub/idx subtitles? It handles the multiple sub files just fine but I wind up with just one idx file, so I wind up deleting the subtitle files altogether.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any way to have CP/SB permanently mark something as downloaded once I download it? I download everything on a Linux server and FTP it over to my PC for XBMC and streaming, so every time CP scans for movies it starts to re-download everything I got rid of.

Also, for some reason my usenet downloads always peak out at 1.4-1.5 Mbps. I use Newsdemon, and as far as I know it's supposed to go faster than that, but I have no idea. I think it might be a router issue to be quite honest.

kalicki
Jan 5, 2004

Every King needs his jester

explosivo posted:

Any way to have CP/SB permanently mark something as downloaded once I download it? I download everything on a Linux server and FTP it over to my PC for XBMC and streaming, so every time CP scans for movies it starts to re-download everything I got rid of.

Also, for some reason my usenet downloads always peak out at 1.4-1.5 Mbps. I use Newsdemon, and as far as I know it's supposed to go faster than that, but I have no idea. I think it might be a router issue to be quite honest.

I think setting it to Archived is what you want

fewyn
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone have a script that for sabnzbd that I can use to auto remux files on Windows? I want to stream stuff to my PS3 but it seems all media is going as MKV these days and the machine I'm running serving from isn't super powerful so transcoding isn't a great solution.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

fewyn posted:

Anyone have a script that for sabnzbd that I can use to auto remux files on Windows? I want to stream stuff to my PS3 but it seems all media is going as MKV these days and the machine I'm running serving from isn't super powerful so transcoding isn't a great solution.
Previous page.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've found XenonMKV to be pretty decent for converting MKVs to MP4s. It does have issues with some files, though, and you have to use it manually.

To answer an earlier question, almost all of my media is on external HDDs and my computer has no problems transcoding MKVs to my PS3 through PS3 Media Server. It's likely that your computer can't transcode fast enough to stream. Maybe mess around with PMS's cache size.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

...! posted:

To answer an earlier question, almost all of my media is on external HDDs and my computer has no problems transcoding MKVs to my PS3 through PS3 Media Server. It's likely that your computer can't transcode fast enough to stream. Maybe mess around with PMS's cache size.

It's definitely not that. It's a problem I haven't encountered before recently and I only put stuff on my external recently ( but longer ago than when I first started encountering the pause.)

It goes to the pause status, I get a network connection error popup on my ps3 and the only way to resume is to press <square> and jump to a scene right around/at where it paused.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Then I don't know. I have external drives from two different manufacturers and they work fine for transcoding. If the drives aren't USB 3.0/Firewire/eSATA/Thunderbolt then the interface could be a bottleneck, maybe. USB 2.0 can theoretically push 480 MB/s which should be fast enough, though.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Feenix posted:

It's definitely not that. It's a problem I haven't encountered before recently and I only put stuff on my external recently ( but longer ago than when I first started encountering the pause.)

It goes to the pause status, I get a network connection error popup on my ps3 and the only way to resume is to press <square> and jump to a scene right around/at where it paused.
Why do you feel the need to strongly deny every suggestion you get when asking for help?

If the problem didn't appear the first times you were streaming files located on the external drive, why are you so sure it's causing the problems? USB is more than fast enough to stream HD video off of.

If it's not the computer that's too slow, it's likely your network is. Or if you keep insisting on the external HDD being the problem, I guess it's just broken.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

...! posted:

USB 2.0 can theoretically push 480 MB/s which should be fast enough, though.
Mb/s. Your point is still valid of course.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Keito posted:

If the problem didn't appear the first times you were streaming files located on the external drive, why are you so sure it's causing the problems? USB is more than fast enough to stream HD video off of.

My fear is that the external HDD may be going to sleep even though it shouldn't be. And I strongly denied my computer wasn't powerful enough because I have more than sufficient evidence to know that it is powerful enough.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Tapedump posted:

Mb/s. Your point is still valid of course.

Dammit, I could have sworn it was bytes. That's what I get for not looking it up. But yeah, 480 megabits per second still should be more than enough.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I'm attempting to move my TV folder onto my shiny new Synology NAS but SABnzbd is having some issues. (note: SAB is not running on the Synology) I got the SB options and folders pointed to the new location, but when it attempts to post process the file I get the following error in SABnzbd.

code:
Failed moving /home/user/Downloads/incomplete/tv.show/tv.show.rar to /mnt/warehouse/Theatre/TV/_UNPACK_TV Show/tv.show.rar
The incomplete folder is local to the SAB install, and it's attempting to move it onto the NAS afterward.

All the permissions are 777, I can make folders from the account it's using on the network drive. It's making a _failed_ folder where it's complaining.

Happening with stuff SB postprocesses and ordinary files. It's making _failed_ folders, so it seems it can write to the drive. I'm just not sure what else to check.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Did you set the share permissions correctly? You said network drive so check your NTFS and/or samba permissions. If you are using Linux on the shared computer too /etc/samba/smb.conf should be where the share permissions are stored make sure [share] has
write = yes

and if you are sure its secure for shits and giggles
guest = yes

If you are using full NTFS permissions full control should probably also be set.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Feenix posted:

My fear is that the external HDD may be going to sleep even though it shouldn't be. And I strongly denied my computer wasn't powerful enough because I have more than sufficient evidence to know that it is powerful enough.

It shouldn't spin down as long as it's in usage, but I guess it could happen if ps3 media server caches a LOT and then doesn't resume transcoding until the client has reached the end of it.

There are tools that can disable the whole sleep functionally, might be worth giving that a try.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

pixaal posted:

Did you set the share permissions correctly? You said network drive so check your NTFS and/or samba permissions. If you are using Linux on the shared computer too /etc/samba/smb.conf should be where the share permissions are stored make sure [share] has
write = yes

and if you are sure its secure for shits and giggles
guest = yes

If you are using full NTFS permissions full control should probably also be set.

The network folder is on a Synology, so it doesn't really have much in the way of config files. I've turned on every permission I can find. When I do ls -l on every folder in the path from the SAB pc (which is running Ubuntu) I get the full drwxrwxrwx permissions. From the console on the Ubuntu pc running SAB, as the user SAB runs under, I can do any file move/copy/create into those same folders.

Edit:
It's definitely a permission error. Went through the logs:
code:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:

I have no idea what permission it doesn't have. Everything I check shows it has full control.

Edit Two:

Still have no idea what's up with the SMB sharing, but it looks like I got it working with an NFS mount instead. So I guess I'll leave it like that.

PirateDentist fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 7, 2012

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Completely new to Usenet and trying to walk my self through setting it up. What are API hits? NZB.su is limiting me to 80 API hits a day. Is that something similar to 80 searches a day?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Hughmoris posted:

Completely new to Usenet and trying to walk my self through setting it up. What are API hits? NZB.su is limiting me to 80 API hits a day. Is that something similar to 80 searches a day?

I'm pretty sure that means you can only download 80 NZBs per day. I can't imagine you'd be hitting that cap very often, and when you do, there are alternative sites you can use.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm pretty sure that means you can only download 80 NZBs per day. I can't imagine you'd be hitting that cap very often, and when you do, there are alternative sites you can use.

Well, it states that I'm limited to 10 NZB downloads per day and 80 API hits.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Hughmoris posted:

Well, it states that I'm limited to 10 NZB downloads per day and 80 API hits.

In that case, I'd say it means that something like Sick Beard is only allowed to check for new files 80 times per day. I'm not sure if SB get's all of it's update info in one API call per update or if it uses an API call per show, but if it's the former, then you still shouldn't have anything to worry about. I suppose I shouldn't be giving answers without definitive information though.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
Finally decided do this today. Formatted an old laptop, installed Ubuntu 12.04 and got SAB and sickbeard all set up. Bought some blocknews, nzbmatrix, and I think some newzbin.

I'm playing catch up on some seasons right now so I could have got an unlimited plan as I already have 60gb in queue :(...

That being said, 92gb/mo is like 45-60 tv shows or 12-15/per Week.

One question: Seems I search for a show in sickbeard, it finds it, I add it. I then set some of the shows to wanted. Nothing happens now? Do I need to manually click the search button at every episode to get it to work?

EDIT: I also have to say, these were epic for setting this all up on ubuntu. Really easy and only took a little while to get all going:

http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-setup-configuration-guide-for-ubuntu-linux-mint
http://www.ainer.org/sabnzbd-install-setup-configuration-guide-for-ubuntu-linux-mint

MasterColin fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 8, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

MasterColin posted:

One question: Seems I search for a show in sickbeard, it finds it, I add it. I then set some of the shows to wanted. Nothing happens now? Do I need to manually click the search button at every episode to get it to work?
No. It's just not finding anything for those shows (nothing's out there), or your retention settings are set too low (they're out there, but beyond the scope of how far back SB is looking).

This assumes you have everything set up correctly (i.e. have added your indexers in SB properly, etc.)

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

Tapedump posted:

No. It's just not finding anything for those shows (nothing's out there), or your retention settings are set too low (they're out there, but beyond the scope of how far back SB is looking).

This assumes you have everything set up correctly (i.e. have added your indexers in SB properly, etc.)

When I click the search icon, it finds them. I'll check that stuff you just posted that I really have no idea bout yet. (Google will be my friend)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MasterColin posted:

When I click the search icon, it finds them. I'll check that stuff you just posted that I really have no idea bout yet. (Google will be my friend)

This is because it doesn't search the backlog automatically. You need to use backlog search under Manage -> Backlog overview.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Check SB's Config -> Search Settings -> Search Frequency. It determines how many minutes pass between automatic searches.

Side note: I just got through getting SB (exe) and CPS (source) successfully running as services on my WHSv1 system using info found at http://htpcbuild.com. Now that SAB, SB and CPS are all running as services, I am quite happy.

If anyone is having trouble with, or desires a, similar setup, I'd be happy to discuss.

My next step is to get SB running from source.

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 8, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

kri kri posted:

This is because it doesn't search the backlog automatically.
Doesn't it? Last night I added three shows that are several years old and set a bunch of episodes to "Wanted" and SB immediately began to grab them.

Tried it again just now, too. It popped up, "Backlog started
Backlog was automatically started for the following seasons of <showname>: Season 1"

Edit: And now it's in SAB. SB just snatched it.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

Tapedump posted:

Doesn't it? Last night I added three shows that are several years old and set a bunch of episodes to "Wanted" and SB immediately began to grab them.

Tried it again just now, too. It popped up, "Backlog started
Backlog was automatically started for the following seasons of <showname>: Season 1"

Edit: And now it's in SAB. SB just snatched it.

I think its the fact my search frequency is set to 60min and This has all happened within the last 60 minutes or so. "I know what I want, and I want it now"

It might work going forward.

Next question: When adding shows to sickbeard, where do you put the file location? Should it be in my home/username/downloads/complete directory?

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
For "New" shows, those that you don't already have an existing folder for?

Essentially wherever you want them to wind up. Do you plan on keeping them on the laptop or elsewhere? Do you plan on viewing them using the laptop itself, hooked up to a TV or otherwise, or share them out to a BoxeeBox/XBMC/etc.?

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 8, 2012

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

Tapedump posted:

For "New" shows, those that you don't already have an existing folder for?

Essentially wherever you want them to wind up. Do you plan on keeping them on the laptop or elsewhere? Do you plan on viewing them using the laptop itself, hooked up to a TV or otherwise?

As of right now, they will be staying on the laptop, that being said. This project just started about 2 hours ago and the idea for the project really started 3 hours ago. So I imagine a NAS of some kind will happen down the road. End goal: they will be watched on my PS3, somehow.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Anyone else getting poor SABnzbd speeds on Mountain Lion? I get an average of 400KB/s in ML and 1.3MB/s in Windows 7, using the exact same NZB and server details/connections. I have windows running inside VMWare Fusion using NAT so it's using the exact same internet connection.

I tried downgrading to 0.6.15 in ML and get the same issue. This is using 10 connections each to Astraweb, Newsdemon and Blocknews simultaneously. Hardware is a Mac Mini 2011 i7 quad core.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So does anyone have recommendations on a provider to use for missing blocks? Free would be best, otherwise I'll just go with blocknews.net I think.

I use Astraweb 1TB block plan as my primary provider that I purchased several months ago and still have quite a bit left, but it does have missing blocks occasionally leaving me with an irreparable file.

xsusenet used to be OK since the slow speed didn't matter too much, but they cut retention back to 10 days too now which makes it useless.

Blocknews is kind of pricey, mainly I am afraid that a file will not exist at all on Astraweb, then it will download all of it with Blocknews and blow through my bandwidth.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

Meta Ridley posted:

So does anyone have recommendations on a provider to use for missing blocks? Free would be best, otherwise I'll just go with blocknews.net I think.

I use Astraweb 1TB block plan as my primary provider that I purchased several months ago and still have quite a bit left, but it does have missing blocks occasionally leaving me with an irreparable file.

xsusenet used to be OK since the slow speed didn't matter too much, but they cut retention back to 10 days too now which makes it useless.

Blocknews is kind of pricey, mainly I am afraid that a file will not exist at all on Astraweb, then it will download all of it with Blocknews and blow through my bandwidth.

I'm running into this issue for blocknews... I downloaded like 40 files and 40% have missing blocks. I'm looking for a free one to try now.

MasterColin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Meta Ridley posted:

This almost never happens. A few gig in a block plan as a backup server goes a very long way.