Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14422163

Volus are real... I... what? Just missing a shark pool we can jump over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
My measly 700k got me the Turian Ghost, Turian Havoc, Volus Engineer (an ultra rare class?), Collector SMG, Collector Sniper, and Collector Rifle. Now to try them out!

edit: Volus have to stand on a box in the character creator. :3:

Tremors fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 9, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Ultra-rare characters ugh. I hope the lore-nerds are at least happy with this poo poo.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Tremors posted:

My measly 700k got me the Turian Ghost, Turian Havoc, Volus Engineer (an ultra rare class?), Collector SMG, Collector Sniper, and Collector Rifle. Now to try them out!

Ugghhhh work is going to drag today. I feel like I might be coming down with ebola, yeah, definitely ebola. *cough*

Dr Intergalactic bled to death

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
It's not out on Origin yet. Uuuuuugh why did every game in the universe have to release today and yet this is what I want to play right now???

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Lagomorphic posted:

Edit: Found it in the extras section of the main games marketplace entry. It's not up in game and the featured download tile has no download link.

Oops, yeah. I meant to mention that and forgot to.

...We don't like spending big on public education down here either.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Does the Turian actually have a jetpack? How does the jetpack work?

nacon
May 7, 2005

I feel like we might need a bsn.txt thread after all the butt-hurt that this going to unleash.

Also, this workday cannot go fast enough.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Just got a Volus engineer, gonna take him for a spin.

edit: The volus's melee is to cloak, kinda cool. Definately a support character

Danger fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 9, 2012

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Soon as this drops on Origin I'm heading home... cash stockpile is a measly 1.9M this time around and I've got three gold-level trash weapons still to get out of my system this time but I'm excited for the possibilities nonetheless.

Hey maybe I'll even finally get an Indra.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 9, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
NEW CLASS SKILLS

Batguard does indeed get Blade Armor.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Havoc Strike is apparently like Charge, but with a jetpack.

e: poo poo, Asari Sentinel gets Annihilation field and Tech Armor!

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
poo poo, how many customization slots does the volus have? Please tell me none.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is "Shield Boost" like an Ops Pack power? This could be interesting...

EDIT: late to the party but Turian Infiltrator? :flashfap:
... Biotic Infiltrators? Asari Huntress seems a bit weird, you can't get a biotic combo off in time to benefit from the decloak bonus.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 9, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Ohoho, please tell me Shield Boost is their way of making a 2000 shields 1 health Volus viable. It's on all three of theeeeeem...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

More info.

Stimulant Pack is a shield and damage boost, Recon Mine is like a Tactical Scan Turret, Collector Sniper Rifle has unlimited ammo.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Unlocked a Volus Engineer - their light melee is a short duration cloak, their heavy melee is a shield that roots them. They can't take cover, can't see over low cover, and are the most adorable little things! :3:

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
drat, I really want the Turian Havoc, Ghost and both new Asari.
Time to stop sucking at the game so I can get space money.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

chami posted:

Unlocked a Volus Engineer - their light melee is a short duration cloak, their heavy melee is a shield that roots them. They can't take cover, can't see over low cover, and are the most adorable little things! :3:

How am I reading this. How is this a thing that is in the game that is happening.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
They also have base health/shields of 150/500, and mostly seem to be support oriented. Could be good choices for farming.

In other news, the collector sniper has unlimited ammo similar to the particle rifle. Kinda makes sense as they are husked protheans and presumably use the same technology.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Does anyone remember how long the lag time from Xbox to PC dropping was last time?

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

KidKrampus posted:

poo poo, how many customization slots does the volus have? Please tell me none.

3: Secondary, pattern, and lights.

Mr Dog posted:

Is "Shield Boost" like an Ops Pack power? This could be interesting...

Basically. It refills your shields (but not health) for yourself and any teammates near you.

Also, the update changed up some of the maps. I just did a round on Firebase White and there's a new hallway attached to that room at the top of the stairs that connects to the farming room. RIP in peace FBW/G/G. :911:

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Tremors posted:

edit: Volus have to stand on a box in the character creator. :3:

Oh my gosh :3:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DerLeo posted:

Does anyone remember how long the lag time from Xbox to PC dropping was last time?

Noon PST?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Is there any word on how the Medi-Gel Transmitter works, yet? Does it let you revive someone from a distance at the cost of a medi-gel, or your whole team, or something else altogether?

Also, I won't be getting back to my Xbox until tomorrow now. :( I'm so excited about the Volus, though. Anybody who doesn't like their addition is a stuck-up nerd!

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 9, 2012

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

chami posted:

Even though I saved up about 3.1mil spacebux, I'm a bit tempted to spend :10bux: on some MSP to be able to get some extra packs when I get home from work.

Almost. Though I might actually do it if I don't get a Volus Engineer at first.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

The Volus adept has 248 health with maxed out fitness. So bad it's good.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

interpunct posted:

The Volus adept has 248 health with maxed out fitness. So bad it's good.

It should have been 1. <:mad:>

I will try these out as soon as it loving lets me, even though I know I'll die a lot. Go Team Bowling Ball!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Collector enemies do get posessed! They get stat boosts and abilities.

Tortured_Reaver posted:

Scions; when possesd have an sync-kill lunge attack, huge range.
Abominations; when possed, they die, they turn into nuclear bombs, not a joke.
Scions; when posses gain multi-frag ability. 5 grenades launced, short fuse.

Possesed untis have increased defense, offense and movement speed.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

thexerox123 posted:

Is there any word on how the Medi-Gel Transmitter works, yet? Does it let you revive someone from a distance at the cost of a medi-gel, or your whole team, or something else altogether?

Looks to be a proximity thing...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

Looks to be a proximity thing...

I could see that being useful at times! Especially when a player gets killed in the middle of reviving someone else.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I'm not sure whether to be glad because it'll help solve revive piles, or be angry because this will probably make pubbies believe that dying on top of someone stupidly is a loving strategy now.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Felinoid posted:

I'm not sure whether to be glad because it'll help solve revive piles, or be angry because this will probably make pubbies believe that dying on top of someone stupidly is a loving strategy now.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it increases the number of wasted medi-gels as people simultaneously try to revive while they're just starting to get revived from someone else in the pile.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 9, 2012

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Yeah, unlocked Ghost with stored up credits and just played a round with it. It's a roll, except you go up into the air a few feet instead of rolling on the ground! This is a nice change of pace for Turians. Also their heavy melee is some kind of crazy jetpack-based slam thing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

thexerox123 posted:

And I wouldn't be surprised if it increases the number of wasted medi-gels as people simultaneously try to revive while they're just starting to get revived from someone else in the pile.

solution: never use medigel

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm so happy the Volus is a real thing. Are there any videos of a Volus match yet?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Lagomorphic got the Krogan Shaman's powers exactly right :catstare:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

Lagomorphic got the Krogan Shaman's powers exactly right :catstare:

Lagomorphic is Chris Priestly.

ban him

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Asari Huntress seems interesting. She gets Warp and Dark Channel combined with the two power evolution in Cloak. Stealth biotic explosions everywhere.

Topkill
Dec 1, 2006

You see, the heart of murder is through the heart.
Welp, that camping room in Glacier is blocked off now. You should have seen the confused reactions of my group when all sprinted towards it at the beginning of the match only to find it blocked off. I heard that White was changed a bit too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Topkill posted:

Welp, that camping room in Glacier is blocked off now. You should have seen the confused reactions of my group when all sprinted towards it at the beginning of the match only to find it blocked off. I heard that White was changed a bit too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

WHAT? Must....go....home...stupid...work...

Are there new maps in this update or are the new maps coming later with the new characters? or are all the new characters available right now? I thought they were splitting up the new character drops.

• Locked thread