Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
+2 Bearserker
+3 Squirrel Acrobat
(bard kit from Song&Silence, you should really modify it's DEX though)

Really curious how mod-infested Baldur's Gate is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Choronzons son posted:

+2 Bearserker
+3 Squirrel Acrobat
(bard kit from Song&Silence, you should really modify it's DEX though)

Really curious how mod-infested Baldur's Gate is going to be.

I believe that it registers a healthy 0.6 on the Copper Coronet scale.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Melinoe posted:

+1 Imoen
+4 Minsc

Minsc and the bear can be frontline buddies.

I've already cast my vote and don't plan to confuse Vorgen by editing it now, but I just want to say that this is a great idea.

Also:

Trin Tragula posted:

There's a Shar-Teel in my Party
by Seuss of Soubar

This is amazing and needs to go in the OP wherever Vorgen is keeping fanart contributions since the OP is so large.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Just think, if we didn't have such an amazingly bad character like Shar-Teel, we wouldn't have such fun times with Dr. Notsuess.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Choronzons son posted:

Squirrel Acrobat (bard kit from Song&Silence, you should really modify it's DEX though)

I am in some agreement here as to possibly modifying the squirrel; I am not saying make it insanely good, but perhaps make some rolls with 3 d6 dice and apply them to stats or something, just like if you were rolling for table top dnd? Or even do 2 3d6 rolls, 2 2d6 rolls, and 2 d6 rolls since it IS a squirrel and all so it's stats would be worse then usual.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

ShiningForceHero posted:

I am in some agreement here as to possibly modifying the squirrel; I am not saying make it insanely good, but perhaps make some rolls with 3 d6 dice and apply them to stats or something, just like if you were rolling for table top dnd? Or even do 2 3d6 rolls, 2 2d6 rolls, and 2 d6 rolls since it IS a squirrel and all so it's stats would be worse then usual.

You know, that might be an interesting way to run an LP in the future. Leave character classes alone, but reroll their stats when you get them and use the editor to change them. This would result is some very different dynamics on class roles.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ShiningForceHero posted:

This might not be a bad idea, but strength and intelligence should be capped at 8 maximum no matter what.

Because, you know, it's a squirrel.

eyebrow
Aug 17, 2008
+5 Edwin

He's awesome.

sammage
Apr 12, 2008
Daring to be different, +5 Khalid

He's just so polite!

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

Melinoe posted:

+1 Imoen
+4 Minsc

Minsc and the bear can be frontline buddies.

+5 Minsc

Don't much care for Minsc and wasn't planning to vote this round. but I like this idea.

Vorgen, Since Bear doesn't or shouldn't have any lines in the game itself I wouldn't mind If you ad-libbed it's contributions to inter party dialogue.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

E. Revenant posted:

Vorgen, Since Bear doesn't or shouldn't have any lines in the game itself I wouldn't mind If you ad-libbed it's contributions to inter party dialogue.

This would be pretty great, even if it's just "RAUUUURGHH".

Galkaflower
Feb 12, 2010

You know nothing, Jon Toews.
+1 Bear
+4 Minsc (and Boo(Boo?))

Just need a pick-a-nick basket and we're good to go.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Let us level some wizards that used to be fighters (or vice versa) that are maybe wizard-fighter things now?

I have no idea, but I wanna see where these kits go.

+3 Xan
+2 Khalid

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

JT Jag posted:

This might not be a bad idea, but strength and intelligence should be capped at 8 maximum no matter what.

I would yell at you for insinuating that squirrels are dumb at best, then I remembered their love for darting out in front of my car every chance they get. So yeah, this cap makes sense.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could see a squirrel thief working. They can be quick and really sneaky. I think a re-roll with capped strength would be kind of interesting.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
+3 Black Bear Winnie the Pooh needs to make the party
+2 Kagain Because I like him for some reason.

Tetrodo
Oct 21, 2010

ShiningForceHero posted:

I like that idea.

Another option would be to have the squirrel wear the Robe of Dh'arlo'me (sets Intelligence and Wisdom to 19) and give it some spellcasting class.
Sorceror seems appropriate. RODENT FURY :black101:

In any case squirrel +5

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."
Presumably this squirrel is more like a mage's familiar than a garden-variety squirrel at this point. It's fair to give it better stats than a normal one, having taken on some of your godlike essence.

+1 to the first 5 level-1 players listed, or at least first three + squirrel + bear. Newbie Squad Assemble!

DankRhymer
Apr 21, 2003
Grizzlier than your average pirate
Minsc -5

Minsc is tired and is in everyone's game. No thanks.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Tax Refund posted:

I've already cast my vote and don't plan to confuse Vorgen by editing it now, but I just want to say that this is a great idea.

Also:

This is amazing and needs to go in the OP wherever Vorgen is keeping fanart contributions since the OP is so large.

You can edit it, voting is still going on. Also, I don't really have a place for fanart contributions right now, do you think I should?

E. Revenant posted:

Heh, I may do it. I've been trying to avoid ad-libbing so far so that people won't confuse it with actual mod-added dialog. But the bear is so cool I might have to change my habit.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 9, 2012

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just figure... it might be really hard to see content for all these drat NPCs if we're roping in random animals and such. We may want to at the least leave animals out of party when we're in cities?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I just figure... it might be really hard to see content for all these drat NPCs if we're roping in random animals and such. We may want to at the least leave animals out of party when we're in cities?
The thread votes as it wants. You're going to have to convince a whoooole lot of people of your plan, because the bear has over 100 positive votes:
code:
Place     Name      Positive  Negative        Total        Last Time 
=========================================================================
          Black Bear  106                       106           (making GBS threads in the woods)
          Imoen        54                        54            1
          Squirrel     38       - 3              35           (chittering in the woods)
          Edwin        28                        28            4
          Yeslick      24                        24            2
          Minsc        26       - 5              21            12
          Jaheira      22                        22           15
          Sirine       21                        21           (frolicking)
          Finch        17                        17            6
          Kivan        13                        13            3
          Xan          13                        13           20
          Kagain       11                        11            5
          Viconia      11                        11           13
          Khalid       10                        10           25
          Indira       10                        10           (joining up with scrubs)
          Coran         8                         8            9
          Dynaheir      7                         7           11
          Rose          7                         7           14
          Will          3                         3           26
          Jet'laya      3                         3           (looking for her sister)
          Garrick       2                         2           21
          Tiax          2                         2           18
          Ferthgil      2                         2           (in the Underdark)
          Bardo         2                         2           (joining up with scrubs)
          Firebead      2                         2           (resting peacefully at home)
          Xzar          1                         1            7
          Faldorn       1                         1           16
          Branwen       1                         1           17
          Gavin         1                         1           22
          Conchobhair   1                         1           (hunting dragons)
          Keiria        0                         0           23
          Thorfinn      0                         0           24
          Bjornin       0                         0           27
          Skeezer       0                         0           28
          Safana        0                         0           10
          Mur'Neth      0                         0           19
          Bub           0                         0           29
          Shar-Teel    15       -23            -  8            8

VOTING IS STILL ON. You know this voting thing takes a long time, and I'm still interested in more people's choices. So vote away. You can even change your votes if you like, just go back and edit your post. I don't mind, really.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 9, 2012

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
It probably won't amount to much, but

Bear -3
Squirrel -2

Not super interested in having a wildlife party, but at this point it looks inevitable. I can only hope the novelty wears off.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

JT Jag posted:

I'd be willing to adjust the squirrel stats if you can find some DnD documentation to show what their stats should be. Like a 2nd edition monster manual entry for squirrel or something.

Edit: like this: carnivorous flying squirrel

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 9, 2012

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Valid point - how about we just limit it to only one animalbro in the active party at a time?

That way we can still be ridiculous with psionic moose and invisibears, but there's still plenty of room left to showcase mod content.

Edit:

Vorgen posted:

I'd be willing to adjust the squirrel stats if you can find some DnD documentation to show what their stats should be. Like a 2nd edition monster manual entry for squirrel or something.
2nd ed didn't go into very great detail when it came to monster stats. Not ones that would be directly translatable, anyway. The squirrel entries under Small Mammal are about as good as we're going to get there.

The 3rd ed stats for rats would be the next best step, as they'd be a close equivalent. That's where I'd start.

Sejs Cube fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 9, 2012

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Vorgen posted:

It's not a squirrel, but there does exist a sheet for rats. Closest i've found so far.

EDIT: Or a Carnivorous flying squirrel :v:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

There's a fan-made 3.5 squirrel.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
+2 Kivan
+2 Yeslick
-1 Minsc

Could you use some sort of online form to simplify voting, Vorgen?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

ZealousQ posted:

Could you use some sort of online form to simplify voting, Vorgen?

I could I guess, but I think it would take away from the experience. I like waking up to 20+ new posts in the thread :D.

Here are the averages for those three animals:
code:
                           STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
Canivorous Flying Squirrel   3  15  10   2  14   6
                       Rat   2  15  10   2  12   2
   Squirrel by Dracomortis   2  17  10   2  12   6
      Dragon #280 Squirrel   2  16  11   2  12   4
                            ----------------------
                   Average   2  16  10   2  13   5
So we could use those average values if there are no objections.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 9, 2012

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

-5 Squirrel

One is enough, and it should be the bear.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
+1 Minsc
-4 Edwin

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
+5 Khalid, let's do this t... th... thing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vorgen posted:

Here are the averages for those three animals:
code:
                           STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
Canivorous Flying Squirrel   3  15  10   2  14   6
                       Rat   2  15  10   2  12   2
   Squirrel by Dracomortis   2  17  10   2  12   6
                            ----------------------
                   Average   2  16  10   2  13   5
So we could use those average values if there are no objections.

I think this is pretty fair.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Might I suggest that all characters at levels 1 and 2 be bumped up to level 3? (You can formalise it as "six levels behind Syvishtar") Because at this point of the game, the low level characters will be pretty much chunked right away in battle. This may be great for padding the roll of the dead, but it won't be much good for the story unless you want Syvishtar to end up being an antisocial hermit who refuses to invite people along because they always get permadeadded. Also, because I would be sad if the Squirrel got chunked right off the bat. We need chittering murder.

edited repeatedly because I kept forgetting what level Syvishtar was

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 9, 2012

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think this is pretty fair.

I don't think stats can be less than 3, however. A one point bump in strength and intelligence isn't too bad, though.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The Iron Rose posted:

I don't think stats can be less than 3, however. A one point bump in strength and intelligence isn't too bad, though.

If you use Shadowkeeper they can be whatever you want.

Edit:Let me be more specific. Animals, by definition, have 2 intelligence or less. 3 intelligence is the minimum to be a sentient being, which is why the game won't let you roll any lower. But this isn't a sentient being. It's a loving squirrel. It's a tiny creature. It doesn't have to obey humanoid stat rules.

sweet geek swag fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 9, 2012

Vodkahead
Jun 4, 2007

caleramaen posted:

Edit:Let me be more specific. Animals, by definition, have 2 intelligence or less. 3 intelligence is the minimum to be a sentient being, which is why the game won't let you roll any lower. But this isn't a sentient being. It's a loving squirrel. It's a tiny creature. It doesn't have to obey humanoid stat rules.

Are you trying to tell me there aren't any humans less intelligent than squirrels? 'Cause man I just don't buy that.

Dmaonk
Oct 15, 2007

Chinese Starcraft tomato ninja image

caleramaen posted:

Can we pretend that it is a Giant Miniature Space Squirrel?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dmaonk posted:

Can we pretend that it is a Giant Miniature Space Squirrel?

Minsc actually has a point with Boo - Giant Space Hamsters and Miniature Giant Space Hamsters are in fact a thing in DnD. Blame Spelljammer, and specifically the tinker gnomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sejs Cube posted:

Valid point - how about we just limit it to only one animalbro in the active party at a time?

That way we can still be ridiculous with psionic moose and invisibears, but there's still plenty of room left to showcase mod content.

I am on board with this! I do approve of invisibears and psionic moose.

• Locked thread