Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Psychlone posted:

This will just summon Matt Hardy.

Or, considering the source of said Baconaters, Cornette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Every day I pray that somewhere in Glasgow theres a 6 foot 250 pound ned waiting for his big call up. Then endless promo's.
Every single promo begins "Right, fannybaws..."

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Talking about Glaswegians and wrestling...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0mMhX6tN-g

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Dogs 'n belts.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Kane and I are wrong: JOSIE is the tag team champions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm hoping they get a Geordie wrestler in next, just so I can hear the phrase "Howay man, I'll tek yer on, on Monda Neet Raw, like" on US television. :v:

NOAM DARR GET YOUR rear end TO FLORIDA.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

coconono posted:

NOAM DARR GET YOUR rear end TO FLORIDA.

Seriously. Noam Dar is fantastic and does need to be on my TV.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

Seriously. Noam Dar is fantastic and does need to be on my TV.

I have only seen a little bit of Noam but yes please.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cechmanek posted:

Dogs 'n belts.

What happened to Asparagus? :ohdear:

Oh God What
Apr 25, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

What happened to Asparagus? :ohdear:

What's the dog equivalent of 'I'm sorry, I love you'?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Oh God What posted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Oh God What posted:

jesus loving chirst i laughed too hard

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo man.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

hahahahaha

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Doug Williams hasn't had a good week.

@DougWilliamsUK posted:

Reinjured my right arm last night on OVW TV...

Strained ligaments, maybe partially torn bicep at worst

Then stupid happened.

@DougWilliamsUK posted:

"I command God's divine healing & restoration of your neck. By the stripes of Jesus, u are healed; in Jesus Name, Amen." Shame its my arm!

:ohdear:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave was not impressed with Impact:

@DaveMeltzerWON posted:

Is there anything more annnoying than watching a pro wrestling show for two hours and ending with some guy holding a script saying

Look at me, I'm not following the script anymore. Seriously, what a turnoff. I feel like I wasted two hours on this lame crap.

And the rest of the show wasn't bad. Imagine if you're watching any other TV show and they pulled that crap. I know Eric doesn't know poo poo

about what fans want after all these years but I know Prichard has to know better because I know he gets it.

Was the AA thing that bad?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack Krauser posted:

Dave was not impressed with Impact:

Was the AA thing that bad?

Yes. I hated it. Even worse than the Punk turn by a significant margin.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, it came out of nowhere after he had just worked face earlier in the night and just felt like a huge copycat of what WWE is doing with Punk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't follow TNA at all anymore but I thought they were the new little darlings? Aren't they supposed to be really good now? If Dave is making GBS threads all over them on Twitter it must have been something bad. What exactly happened?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
From what I can tell (i.e. reading PSP) they had a few months of what looked to be competency/moving in the right direction before remembering that they are, in fact, TNA and acting as such.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I don't follow TNA at all anymore but I thought they were the new little darlings? Aren't they supposed to be really good now? If Dave is making GBS threads all over them on Twitter it must have been something bad. What exactly happened?

They were doing really good and showing huge signs of improvement from March up until around August, but the past couple months they've really started going back downhill booking-wise. The biggest problem has been the Aces & Eights angle, which has dragged on for nearly four months now with no real advancement and has actively ruined shows in which they're heavily featured.

Other than that, Austin Aries' title reign has been a huge disappointment and had the unfortunate side-effect of taking the long-term James Storm vs. Bobby Roode storyline off the rails, and Jeff Hardy winning the Bound for Glory series out of nowhere also turned a lot of people off. The wrestling on the program is still usually very good, and sometimes the show does a segment that's really great. It makes it frustrating because this company could, and should, be amazing, but they keep loving it up for whatever reason.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cardboard Box posted:

They were doing really good and showing huge signs of improvement from March up until around August, but the past couple months they've really started going back downhill booking-wise. The biggest problem has been the Aces & Eights angle, which has dragged on for nearly four months now with no real advancement and has actively ruined shows in which they're heavily featured.

Other than that, Austin Aries' title reign has been a huge disappointment and had the unfortunate side-effect of taking the long-term James Storm vs. Bobby Roode storyline off the rails, and Jeff Hardy winning the Bound for Glory series out of nowhere also turned a lot of people off. The wrestling on the program is still usually very good, and sometimes the show does a segment that's really great. It makes it frustrating because this company could, and should, be amazing, but they keep loving it up for whatever reason.

Well, what specifically happened with Aries tonight? I gather that he tore up a script and cut some kind of shoot promo so are they really just doing their version of the Punk angle?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Here's the PWInsider recap that pretty much goes over everything:

PWInsider posted:

Roode goes after Hardy with a chair, but the referee yanks the chair out of his hands and argues with Roode until Hardy recovers and hits the Twist of Fate. Hardy's music hits, but Aries comes out to say that tonight's show isn't going to end with Hardy sitting in the middle of his ring because he has some things to say. He throws away the lines somebody backstage wrote for him, and says he's sick of TNA telling Aries how to think and who he needs to be as the World Champion, and that crap ends right now. Aries has been painted out as being jealous of Hardy, but that's not true: he's not jealous of Hardy's rap sheet, he's not jealous that he's too crippled to play with his little girl, and the only thing he's jealous of is the way the fans go nuts for him. He's been asking for new music and a new entrance for months, but they're too busy making Jeff Hardy videos and he's sick of the way everyone caters to Hardy. He's not a failure, but Hardy is going to see a failure when he looks in the mirror and paints his face. Hardy says he's going to end Aries' cocky rear end this weekend, but Aries just tells Hardy to go ahead and bask in the fans' glory one last time. Hardy waves to the crowd, then Aries tells Hardy to get out of his ring so he can bask in the glory he deserves. Hardy goes to leave, but Aries kicks the middle rope into Hardy's groin and gives him a brainbuster before yelling to the fans that this is what they wanted.

Yeah, it sucked.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So Aries is Punk and Hardy is Cena. Hmm. Well alright. If that's the way you wanna go with it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I hope they redo the Hardy/Punk feud with Aries being completely straight edge even though he's never given any indication towards that being true, and then Hardy wins the title and goes back to WWE anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wait, I just read that the TNA PPV is Sunday. Did they really just turn the Champion heel in the last minute of the show before the PPV? How does that make sense?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Deadpool posted:

Wait, I just read that the TNA PPV is Sunday. Did they really just turn the Champion heel in the last minute of the show before the PPV? How does that make sense?

You've thought about it more than the TNA writers have.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

I hope they redo the Hardy/Punk feud with Aries being completely straight edge even though he's never given any indication towards that being true, and then Hardy wins the title and goes back to WWE anyway, and--without acknowledging what it is or what company it represents--dumps the TNA title in the trash.

Fixed for what Vince would actually have happen. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Suben posted:

From what I can tell (i.e. reading PSP) they had a few months of what looked to be competency/moving in the right direction before remembering that they are, in fact, TNA and acting as such.

Sounds like the usual thing TNA does once a year, but they lasted a little longer this time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bocc Kob posted:

Sounds like the usual thing TNA does once a year, but they lasted a little longer this time.
It just meant a bit more with Russo getting the boot and going live.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
It's kind of amazing how TNA's booking has completely gone off the rails in the last six weeks in an attempt to placate Jeff Hardy of all people.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
TNA went downhill when Claire Lynch left.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's kind of amazing how TNA's booking has completely gone off the rails in the last six weeks in an attempt to placate Jeff Hardy of all people.

No, it's to placate Hogan and Bischoff. The Aces and Eights story is clearly their fantasy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kevin Nash posted:

The Tupac hologram was genius, this Ryan hologram seems to have a matrix glitch.

Nash with an :iceburn:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Chavo Guerrero posted:

Just found out that the biggest pu$$& in the biz @mikethemiz was talking smack about me. I am going to destroy u next time I see u.

And Dean Ambrose has been impressing co-workers in house shows:

Seth Rollins posted:

@TheDeanAmbrose & @WWEBronson beat the hell out of each other tonight in Largo. Nothing cooler than passionate people creating art."

Kassius Ohno posted:

Tonight in Largo, Dean Ambrose & @WWEBronson had THE most brutal match I've seen in #NXT Inspiring...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 13, 2012

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Did we ever establish why Chavo started acting like such a self righteous jackass?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Being buried most of his career drove him mad?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
We just have to remember that he's better than Cena.

Darren Aronofsky posted:

for the record the role of the wrestler was always @mickeyrourke it was never hulk hogan's as he claims on @howardstern

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I have no idea why Hogan would even claim it (well, I have an idea but it isn't rooted in reality). You can't even picture Hogan in the role. He's a gently caress up but he's not a Jake Roberts level gently caress up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Glamorama26 posted:

Did we ever establish why Chavo started acting like such a self righteous jackass?

he went to TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I have no idea why Hogan would even claim it (well, I have an idea but it isn't rooted in reality). You can't even picture Hogan in the role. He's a gently caress up but he's not a Jake Roberts level gently caress up.
You don't understand, BROTHER. He nearly ate his gun but Leila Ali called him at that moment to stop him!