Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I found the Blocknews 100GB plan to be a good value. If you're worried about one download using up a lot of it, you could always disable it in SABnzbd until you need it. If a download fails, then turn on Blocknews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I found the Blocknews 100GB plan to be a good value. If you're worried about one download using up a lot of it, you could always disable it in SABnzbd until you need it. If a download fails, then turn on Blocknews.

Now I feel kind of dumb for not thinking of that :downs:

Supernews is the only provider I had issues where the entire file was missing (usually due to some DMCA takedown), Astraweb usually misses like 10 too many pieces to repair when it does happen. I'll go with blocknews

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I'm using Astraweb as my only provider right now but it seems that I'm running into corrupt/missing posts more and more frequently lately.

I'm thinking of switching back to Supernews unlimited and supplementing that with an Astraweb block account to fill in missing parts.. anyone else using that setup that can give a review of it?

I guess the decision for me comes down to some combination of:

primary: Supernews or Astraweb

backup block: Astraweb or Blocknews

And I'm not sure which one would end up in the lowest amount of failed downloads.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 9, 2012

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

bort posted:

This almost never happens. A few gig in a block plan as a backup server goes a very long way.
Seriously. I got 200 GB from blocknews as a backup for my Astraweb plan in January 2010. I've used 10 GB of it so far, while downloading 7.3 TB overall. I think you'll be just fine.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Shane-O-Mac posted:

If you're worried about one download using up a lot of it, you could always disable it in SABnzbd until you need it. If a download fails, then turn on Blocknews.

If you set a server as "Backup" in SAB, it will only use it if it can't find a file in any of your non-backup servers. So basically, the same thing as you described, only automatically.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So I just bought 100GB of blocknews. Is there any way to try repairing my currently failed downloads so it tries to grab the missing blocks? I tried forcing a repair and it just fails and doesn't even attempt to download anything.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

This is probably suited better to the Raspberrypi thread, but would it be possible to use one as an all-in-one media box? I understand you can run various flavours of XBMC on it, but is feasible to run Sabnzbd/Sickbeard/CouchPotato on it as well? I'm guessing not as I'm assuming that doing post-processing/checking PARs will cause the CPU to melt through the floor - and this is assuming that it is possible for the Pi to actually run the programs from source anyway.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Mootallica posted:

This is probably suited better to the Raspberrypi thread, but would it be possible to use one as an all-in-one media box? I understand you can run various flavours of XBMC on it, but is feasible to run Sabnzbd/Sickbeard/CouchPotato on it as well? I'm guessing not as I'm assuming that doing post-processing/checking PARs will cause the CPU to melt through the floor - and this is assuming that it is possible for the Pi to actually run the programs from source anyway.
I seriously doubt you'd be able to run all four at once. You'd be better off getting a NAS capable of running SABnzbd/Sickbeard/CouchPotato/etc, and then getting a Raspberry Pi for just XBMC.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
Just set up Astra and Blocknews as the backup. I'll see. Blocknews failed a ton of recent files. (like 20 files). So i'm hoping astraweb fixes it up for me.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Using SABnzbd, I finished downloading a ~6gb download and it was checking for errors/etc. and had to download a few more. After that it did another check and then starts on repairs. Towards the end of repairing ~90% or so my computer completely turns off.

Any ideas?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Has anyone gotten this message in Sickbeard: "Error loading NZBs.org URL: (, HTTPError()"?

I double-checked my UID and API.

Also, it seems like lately my downloads aren't repairing automatically with SABnzbd. I can manually run par2, join files, etc.

Could they be related or just coincidental problems?

Oh, by the way, I just wanted to give a shout out to Easy News. I've used them for years but recently thought I might give SuperNews a try just to check it out. I had several incompletes, which I never get with Easy News.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Red Robin Hood posted:

Using SABnzbd, I finished downloading a ~6gb download and it was checking for errors/etc. and had to download a few more. After that it did another check and then starts on repairs. Towards the end of repairing ~90% or so my computer completely turns off.

Any ideas?

Check the system building megathread, that sounds like you have a dying PSU. Doing PAR repair cranks up the load because its not frame limited like games are.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Weird...my nzb.su account has apparently disappeared from the face of the earth as of last night. Did a grab that worked fine, then went to log in the next day, all history or record of my account has just vanished. Anyone else have any issue with Nzb.su or is it just me? If not, I guess I'm in the market for another indexer :(

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
I've got 2 invites for dognzb anybody wanting one will need to pm me an email address. Gone

Cheese Bridge Area fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 10, 2012

invid
Dec 19, 2002

Bioalchemist posted:

I've got 2 invites for dognzb anybody wanting one will need to pm me an email address.

Don't have pm, can you send one.
edit: Thanks!

Wow, looks pretty good, might buy the VIP access, might be a decent alternative to nzbs.org

invid fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 10, 2012

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

invid posted:

Don't have pm, can you send one to emailwashere? TIA.
done one left Both gone

Cheese Bridge Area fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 10, 2012

BnT
Mar 10, 2006

Evergreen posted:

Tooting my own own horn here, but I've thrown a new Python version of XenonMKV together. It's hosted on Github and I'm more than happy to take contributions. The quick summary is that it's a wrapper around existing open source tools, meant to take MKV container contents and shove them into an MP4. Right now I've confirmed it works on Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04, but it probably wouldn't take too much to get functional on another Linux distro.

Is there something like this that will take say 720p MKV files @ 60FPS and convert them to 30FPS? More and more content is reaching 50 or 60FPS and my front-end (XBMC on ATV2) won't play it back smoothly :(

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Just an update, I just redownloaded the files (about 50GB) with blocknews as a backup. Every single one downloaded properly and it only used 1.4GB of my 100GB Blocknews :)

Also I am in love with NZB Unity for android. Combined with sickbeard/couchpotato/headphones!/nzbmatrix and programs like Audio Galaxy or Google Play Music, I can download a file and stream it on my phone within seconds. loving awesome, never die usenet.

BnT
Mar 10, 2006

Oh, I too have got 1 invite for dognzb left, anybody wanting one will need to pm me an email address. gone now

BnT fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 11, 2012

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Edit**All my invites are gone!

Fcdts26 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 11, 2012

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
People hear what they want to hear.
I have an issue where files larger than around 25 gigabytes or so pretty much always fail.

I have been able to download some, but typically they fail. Which is really frustrating as it uses up a lot of my monthly data cap.

I don't seem to have this problem at all with files in the 10-15 gigabyte range or smaller. I am using supernews as my primary, and thecubenet block account as a backup.

All of the files are easily within the server's retention. The error message is typically "Some files failed to verify against "*************.sfv""

Perhaps there is a setting I need to change?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Try to manually repair them in quickpar.

Nask26 posted:

I've got 2 for Dognzb also. Send me a PM * Edit 1 left

PM sent

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Dognzb looks very nice, and the push feature almost makes sickbeard redundant (though sickbeard is more robust so I will keep using it).

How long has it been around though? Would hate to pay $10 for VIP and see it go poof overnight.

tronester posted:

I have an issue where files larger than around 25 gigabytes or so pretty much always fail.

I have been able to download some, but typically they fail. Which is really frustrating as it uses up a lot of my monthly data cap.

I don't seem to have this problem at all with files in the 10-15 gigabyte range or smaller. I am using supernews as my primary, and thecubenet block account as a backup.

All of the files are easily within the server's retention. The error message is typically "Some files failed to verify against "*************.sfv""

Perhaps there is a setting I need to change?
The possibilities I can think of?
-Problem with unstable hardware (CPU/memory) during the checksum verification or storage of the file on the hard drive itself
-Problem with the upload, though everyone would experience it
-Corruption during the download caused by some network issues. But the PAR2 files would have no problem repairing minor corruption if that occurred.
-Files are missing blocks on both providers (Giganews and Highwinds in this case). Not as unlikely as you might think if they both received DMCA takedowns. If this is the problem, a different provider instead of Highwinds might be your best bet for a backup (Blocknews would be best, followed by an Astraweb block).

Does it say how many blocks short it is to be able to repair it?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I have a strange thing happening with sickbeard. I just set up a new system running the latest ubuntu server. I've gotten sabnzbd working, but sickbeard seems to be semi-running.

It is running on startup and the web interface loads but it is not showing the normal interface.

This is what it looks like:

Sorry the screen shot is so large, imgur is acting strange for me.

If I try running the sickbeard.py script again, I get an error saying that something is already running on that port.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that my config.ini is messed up, but I'm not totally sure.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Meta Ridley posted:

Also I am in love with NZB Unity for android. Combined with sickbeard/couchpotato/headphones!/nzbmatrix and programs like Audio Galaxy or Google Play Music, I can download a file and stream it on my phone within seconds. loving awesome, never die usenet.

Hey, this is a sweet app. Thanks for mentioning it.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Edit: No More Invites

Burden fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 11, 2012

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
People hear what they want to hear.

Meta Ridley posted:

Dognzb looks very nice, and the push feature almost makes sickbeard redundant (though sickbeard is more robust so I will keep using it).

How long has it been around though? Would hate to pay $10 for VIP and see it go poof overnight.

The possibilities I can think of?
-Problem with unstable hardware (CPU/memory) during the checksum verification or storage of the file on the hard drive itself
-Problem with the upload, though everyone would experience it
-Corruption during the download caused by some network issues. But the PAR2 files would have no problem repairing minor corruption if that occurred.
-Files are missing blocks on both providers (Giganews and Highwinds in this case). Not as unlikely as you might think if they both received DMCA takedowns. If this is the problem, a different provider instead of Highwinds might be your best bet for a backup (Blocknews would be best, followed by an Astraweb block).

Does it say how many blocks short it is to be able to repair it?

Unfortunately it does not say how many blocks short the large files are. i have some small 1-2 gig downloads that failed and had around 7-8 blocks short each, but I think that was due to them being pretty old, like over 600 days or so.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

diremonk posted:

I have a strange thing happening with sickbeard. I just set up a new system running the latest ubuntu server. I've gotten sabnzbd working, but sickbeard seems to be semi-running.

It is running on startup and the web interface loads but it is not showing the normal interface.

This is what it looks like:

Sorry the screen shot is so large, imgur is acting strange for me.

If I try running the sickbeard.py script again, I get an error saying that something is already running on that port.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that my config.ini is messed up, but I'm not totally sure.

You have another web server running on the same port as Sickbeard. CherryPy won't display an index like that, so it's not actually Sickbeard (or SAB, Couch Potato, etc.)

satin666
Jun 7, 2006

one, don't know why.weiner2 P

satin666 fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 7, 2020

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

Burden posted:

I have 1 invite left for DOGnzb. Send me a pm with your e-mail address i'll get it off to ya.
Sent you a PM! <3 - Edit: drat, none left.. anyone else got one?

satin666 posted:

Everyone's account is gone, don't know why.

Hm my account is still there, though I was already logged in. I don't think I'll log out just in case! edit: I also have 5 invites for nzb.su - if anyone needs one PM me! all gone :/

Gism0 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 11, 2012

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

tronester posted:

Unfortunately it does not say how many blocks short the large files are. i have some small 1-2 gig downloads that failed and had around 7-8 blocks short each, but I think that was due to them being pretty old, like over 600 days or so.

Strange, running quickpar on it manually should let you know though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gism0 posted:

Hm my account is still there, though I was already logged in. I don't think I'll log out just in case! edit: I also have 5 invites for nzb.su - if anyone needs one PM me!

Mine disappeared last night -- I dunno what's up with that. I sent you a PM.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

satin666 posted:

Not mine.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I had to re-log in to nzb.su when they launched their new site design, but my account still worked fine. Stupid question I know, but did you try sending your account details to your email account?

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Looks like they swapped to invite/VIP only, perhaps they wiped all the free accounts? Mine is fine and mine is VIP.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm free and remain logged in.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm free and my account is gone on Nzb.su

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

satin666 posted:

I emailed them and they did me a solid and sent me an invite and a "private" link for VIP, it's cheap enough that I'll probably grab VIP. It's hard to come by decent indexers these days it seems.

They said that they randomly delete non-VIP accounts and they just deleted a ton.

E:

Israfel, recently did quite a bit of pruning of regular users and set the 'free' accounts to no access or removed them.

but i did find you on facebook and i'm fairly confident you're not an evil organization trying to destroy the site. I'll send you an invite--keep in mind free accounts can get destroyed at any time. Should you decide to want vip--currently it's only visible to current VIP for re-up, but you can do it here: http://nzb.su/viptest

:ssh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
In theory I'm willing to pay for VIP, but I'm wary of giving them my CC info. Didn't they used to accept paypal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Got the boot as well. I would have actually paid VIP access too if they had given a heads up, but looks like I'll have to wait for another invite again.