Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just had an amazing thought. N7 Slayer with his Volus Adept backup. Never stop Phase Disrupting.

Who wants to try this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You really want the AoE option. Never not get the AoE option. Each enemy it hits will be staggered, and can set off Tech/Fire/Cryo explosions.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

zxqv8 posted:

More than anything, I'd just like hunters to stop being able to shoot out of their assholes while they're suspended in the air by singularity or pull.
I've always assumed that this was simply a bit of deliberate "challenge escalation" game design (Hunters are an ambush unit, so they should be very dangerous up-close) but with sloppy execution (the aforementioned firing-backwards-while-airborne thing). Then, while reading your post, I suddenly realized that there's a much simpler explanation: plasma shotgun mechanics. They begin charging the gun while they're in a normal state, it starts a countdown, and when the countdown expires the gun gets fired at the Hunter's target. Regardless of whether the Hunter is now staggering, floating, knocked down, etc...

Players who regularly use the Geth Plasma Shotgun probably realized this months ago. Having the Harrier and Talon at rank X causes me to look upon most other weapons with contempt, but this attitude has probably limited my understanding of the game. I should experiment with alternate weapons more often.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Ravenfood posted:

Take Rocket troopers against a Fury. If the game decides that that Trooper is going to dodge my Throw, (which happens really frequently) they'll dodge my Throw automatically

Do you have Throw specced for Radius? If not, spec it for Radius. This used to bug me, now I give no shits about geth dodges.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
With the changes to fire explosions would it be worth putting some points into carnage on a vorcha soldier? Usually I just run it 6/6/0/6/6 for the extra damage and tankyness, but if you can do a quick flame burst then carnage for explosion that'd be pretty swell I think?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah You could skip 10% weapon damage to take carnage to 3. You'd want to go fairly light with your weapons though because you'll be flamerless for the carnages cooldown.

Are you could try a flamerless build and detonate ammo powers with carnage. Maybe try a Reeger or Falcon with inc. ammo.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 10, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoran posted:

I've updated my sentinel guide to reflect all the new stuff. Of course I'll have to do this again in a few weeks when the new sentinels come out, but whatever.
Reading your guide I get the impression if the two combo skills (ones relating to ice and fire doing much more damage together) worked as you'd expect (you claim they don't?) then Paladin would literally be the best class in the game am I wrong?

It's odd because several people have said he's the very worst so I'm wondering why Bioware refuses to fix his bugs(?).

That being said I've promoted my Sentinel class just now to try your build since I originally went with the OP quick spec that doesn't take Incinerate. :what: Level 1 on Silver I was one-shotting husks with light melee tap, is his light melee stronger than most? It's been awhile since I've played Silver because I don't promote often, but I don't recall other classes one-shotting husks with light melee and 0 points into racial passive or their mastery.

Is there a way to even see people's base melee damages?

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Apparently the community goal was successful. I got some new explodey and phasic rounds in my Victory pack. Also, Crusader II. I still don't know how I feel about that shotgun...

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Is there a way to even see people's base melee damages?

Not in game but you can go here: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#00BAAAA@0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo Batarian melee ahaha.

edit. This site is wrong about some health values I can see comparing it to looking in game I dunno what the deal with that is.

e2: Or the game itself it wrong? The more info states Krogan start with 1k HP, but when I skill him he has 750, ugh whatever gently caress this.

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 10, 2012

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Reading your guide I get the impression if the two combo skills (ones relating to ice and fire doing much more damage together) worked as you'd expect (you claim they don't?) then Paladin would literally be the best class in the game am I wrong?

Yes, it would be completely overpowered if those were fixed. (He's already overpowered now.)

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Holy poo poo Batarian melee ahaha.

edit. This site is wrong about some health values I can see comparing it to looking in game I dunno what the deal with that is.

e2: Or the game itself it wrong? The more info states Krogan start with 1k HP, but when I skill him he has 750, ugh whatever gently caress this.

try this one, the character builder is a good tool for general builds but often has incorrect figures

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgplnRtUmXxmdG13S1RfeXhxSU9pVkZwdjlOcVMwSEE#gid=0

edit: should also be noted that most heavy melee attacks have different multipliers vs. different health types.
edit2: VVVV here you go, duder https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoNSTctMEekdE1KYl9nak5Nbm41OXEyQ0VRbnRrMHc&output=html&gid=3, collectors not in there yet but i'm sure he'll get around to it

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 10, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Anyone got a link to enemy health tables?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Okay let's get my BSN account working so I can see how many hours I've played this game...

:stare:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zoran posted:

Yes, it would be completely overpowered if those were fixed. (He's already overpowered now.)
See, I understand this, but I don't get it. Why have two skills in a kit be useless? Has BioWare even addressed this matter? For the record I'm not advocating giving a guy blatantly OP swag, but give him something instead of nothing at all, even if it's bad.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

try this one, the character builder is a good tool for general builds but often has incorrect figures

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgplnRtUmXxmdG13S1RfeXhxSU9pVkZwdjlOcVMwSEE#gid=0
Cool, thanks for this, much easier to read.

e:wait, poo poo is there no N7 on here?

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 10, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Two Finger posted:

Anyone got a link to enemy health tables?

It's linked to in this thread: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10712294

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

See, I understand this, but I don't get it. Why have two skills in a kit be useless? Has BioWare even addressed this matter? For the record I'm not advocating giving a guy blatantly OP swag, but give him something instead of nothing at all, even if it's bad.

The Paladin has a bunch of bugs that were discovered around the time the patch would have been nearing completion. I'd expect them to be addressed whenever we get another patch. Even with the bugs none of skills are useless, just certain evolutions.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Quick question, do SMG ULMs work properly on all SMGs now and if they don't, do they still work with any SMG if you're also using pistol ULMs at the same time (in fact, did that ever work at all?)

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Zoran posted:

I've updated my sentinel guide to reflect all the new stuff. Of course I'll have to do this again in a few weeks when the new sentinels come out, but whatever.

I'm surprised, no cryo shield? I was under the impression that stacking the armor weakening from cryo shield and snap freeze was one of the paladin's strongest gimmicks.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Trykt posted:

Okay let's get my BSN account working so I can see how many hours I've played this game...

:stare:

Now what, bitch. :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
God drat I don't actually care how good it might be, the Volus Engineer rolls hilariously, speaks hilariously, and has a loving nuclear bomb. Best class in the game. I could probably just spend the entire game combat rolling up and down ramps and be happy.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Felinoid posted:

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/index.php?name=KaizerPrime&platform=pc

Got you beat on hours at least! (bitch)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Marquis de Pyro posted:

God drat I don't actually care how good it might be, the Volus Engineer rolls hilariously, speaks hilariously, and has a loving nuclear bomb. Best class in the game. I could probably just spend the entire game combat rolling up and down ramps and be happy.

I was in a round last night with three volus (including myself) and a guy playing a QFI who kept yelling on his mic about 'loving volus' in some vaguely European accent. Every time a round ended, we would congregate around him and roll back and forth like some kind of synchronized beach volleyball game.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Androc posted:

I'm surprised, no cryo shield? I was under the impression that stacking the armor weakening from cryo shield and snap freeze was one of the paladin's strongest gimmicks.

Well, Energy Drain for survivability is a staple, and you definitely want it to 6 either for more anti-shield damage or for 40% damage reduction. You just can't skip out on Snap Freeze. You can't skip Incinerate since the fire/cryo explosion changes. So to get Cryo Shield, you'd need to ditch the class passive entirely. That might actually be worthwhile now that your damage comes from various kinds of techsplosions, I guess...

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

That high games played number just means he wipes early a ton :ninja:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Trykt posted:

That high games played number just means he wipes early a ton :ninja:

No, it just means I finish games faster. :smug:

Because I still like playing bronze and silver in addition to gold and platinum, so that brings my average down. :ssh:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The only really showstopping Sentinel bug is combo explosions being centered on the character. To get the benefit of his power combos you have be in CQC range but he's not especially durable without planting his shield, which is useless for casting. QME can poo poo out even more tech damage from as far as he can throw grenades.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 10, 2012

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Solomonic posted:

I was in a round last night with three volus (including myself) and a guy playing a QFI who kept yelling on his mic about 'loving volus' in some vaguely European accent. Every time a round ended, we would congregate around him and roll back and forth like some kind of synchronized beach volleyball game.

Awesome. I had a 3 volus game last night but the other person thought they were hilarious and wanted to unlock one himself.

The fight against anti-volus bigotry is going well

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Elotana posted:

The only really showstopping Sentinel bug is combo explosions being centered on the character. To get the benefit of his power combos you have be in CQC range but he's not especially durable without planting his shield, which is useless for casting. QME can poo poo out even more tech damage from as far as he can throw grenades.

That's why having both is so ludicrously good. If the Arc Grenade from another player triggers the tech explosion it happens where it should, not on the Paladin. So it's just Snap Freeze -> Arc Grenade/Cryo Burst -> Snap Freeze/Tech Burst -> repeat.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Elotana posted:

Is that true for paladin's incinerate and ED, too?

I only play the class for his hilarious light melee, but I thought his tech bursts were only centered on your character for snap freeze detonations. That is to say, I thought snap freeze was bugged, not the class.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

-we don't notice anything annoying about dragoons. they're big slow armored dorks who telegraph their attacks.
Are Dragoons immune to Smash and Lash? I was trying last night to keep them away from teammates as a Cerberus Vanguard, and they only seemed to respond to bullets and the non-priming damage of Smash. It was pretty laggy, though, so I'm not totally sure.

Kaizer88 posted:

In case people are wondering if the game has gotten harder, it has. They removed the health gate (the shield gate mechanic for health ; you get a split second of invulnerability when you reach 0,5 bars of health)
The conclusion from the BSN thread I saw last night was that there's probably an invulnerability delay when your shield breaks that has been shortened or removed. Most people seem to agree that the regular shield gate and health gate are working as advertised, at least most of the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Collectors aren't actually all that bad on Gold except on Objective Waves. Literally any Objective other than Targets is "gently caress you" mode because of Seeker Swarms and getting webbed and poo poo.

Geth actually aren't that bad, Bombers are really easy to kill, you just have to keep an eye out for them. I ended up basically soloing FBW/G/G (it landed on that randomly) with some dumb people that kept dying as a "boring" old TurianSent with the Kishock (which still owns FYI). So surely it's not that hard at all with actual teamwork.

Volus Adept is really fun but you'll never score any of the points because Cloak->Heal is all you should be doing on Gold most of the time. The Orbs need to be massively buffed (and I think they will be) because they do gently caress-all damage right now.

For the love of God, downgrade some Gear to Uncommon, the list of Gear items I have is so long but it's all at level 1 or 2 and so much of it is redundant.

I still don't have the N7 Slayer, I want to be the biggest anime. :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I would love it so much if they made biotic bubble prevent seeker swarms from entering it. It'd be a hilarious callback and an effective defensive mechanism for objective waves.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Felinoid posted:

Are we doing this now because:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

Are we doing this now because:

Well, the original thought was to get people to stop being amazed at how much time they've spent, because most likely the majority who post regularly here would have pretty high numbers over seven freaking months, but I must admit I'm a bit morbidly curious who's spent the most time on this game mode. Especially now that the bar has been raised.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

Do you have Throw specced for Radius? If not, spec it for Radius. This used to bug me, now I give no shits about geth dodges.
Always. As a Fury, if they dodge, Throw phases right through them and does fuckall. I'm throwing from so close to get the Field-primed explosions, and I'm usually relying on the shield drain to stay alive/healthy, so a missed BE really fucks me up. I definitely notice it. Yeah, as an Adept throwing from a distance, radius-specs will help alleviate the problem.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Felinoid posted:

Well, the original thought was to get people to stop being amazed at how much time they've spent, because most likely the majority who post regularly here would have pretty high numbers over seven freaking months, but I must admit I'm a bit morbidly curious who's spent the most time on this game mode. Especially now that the bar has been raised.

It only gets really depressing when people who have less time also have more ultra rares unlocked.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hurricane I in my Commendation pack. :toot:
Guess that'll replace the Tempest X as my go-to Guardian-killer for caster characters who don't have another easy way of dealing with them. Put it on my Fury with ULM and the AP barrel and the cooldowns stay at +200% even with an ULM'd Acolyte as a scondary (because why not).
And guardians or no, it never hurts to fill the air with a wall of bullets during the brief moments of cooldown, right?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thank god, finally someone with a higher number than me. I played this poo poo for 12 hours a day when I was going through a bad breakup a few months ago, and now I can finally use the time spent as an incentive to get the gently caress outside and do something.

That's just too much time... Anybody on 360 wanna do an All-Volus Engineer game tonight? I want to try 4 recon beacons thrown at staggered intervals so there is always an explosion going off. Bring your Harriers! GT is in the attached image.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Time played:
253H 14M 52S
Games played:

That's pretty goddamn scary considering I didn't play at all between, like, July and last week. :stare:

• Locked thread