Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010

CravingSolace posted:

I guess the upside is that my supply has been increasing at least a little. I was able to pump a few ounces after his last feeding, which is a big improvement from how it's been the past week. I just have to be patient.

Wow! I would say you're probably fine. I could hand-express no more than 1 little medicine syringe full any time I hand expressed (even at the absolute best times) and when I fed Ben at the hospital during my consultation they were more than happy with the one ounce he ate from my breast. It sounds like your production is a lot more than mine was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
I was having trouble getting him to latch in the hospital, so they had to help me hand express and spoon-feed him. I think we were only able to get about two spoonfuls, but they were happy with it.

Stephen has been able to breast feed to the point of a full tummy today and has been taking long naps afterward. I was able to pump about two ounces after his feeding, too. I'm taking this as a really good sign that the fenugreek, pumping, and eating a bit more is helping. My husband prepared a little bit of formula to feed him when I thought I was running on empty, and Stephen hasn't touched it. He's still full, and doesn't seem to like the bottle nearly as much as my breast.

I'm still going to the breast feeding support group in a little bit to meet with the lactation consultants. Even if things are improving, I'd still like their opinion and maybe get some peace of mind.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

CravingSolace posted:

Question: How soon after giving birth did you start going to the gym again? I see my doctor next month for my post-partum check up, but I've been feeling really good. Should I wait the entire six weeks, or do you think I can start working out again sooner? Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy being able to relax, but I really miss working out.

I didn't go to the gym, but I started walking as soon as I felt up to it. Walking with a stroller can be as intense as you make it ;) Just don't expect to be able to walk as fast or long as you used to at first!

You probably shouldn't lift all the heavy weights and you need to wait the 6 weeks to start training your abs, but other than that your body will tell you if you shouldn't be doing it.

e: you could also look around your neighborhood/gym to see if there are any post partum exercise groups available. My physiotherapist offers postnatal classes where you can bring the baby and they do exercises specifically for women who have given birth recently. Most physiotherapists should know what types of exercises are good/appropriate and can see that you're doing them correctly.

bilabial trill fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 8, 2012

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
The breast feeding support group was great. :)

I told the consultant about the issues I've been having and that I was concerned that Stephen wasn't getting enough from me. She weighed him when we got in, and he now weighs 8lbs, 9oz. She said that was a great weight for his age, and told me that some women do have trouble keeping up with their baby's appetite. She said the most important thing was to always offer the breast first and to make sure that I keep my breasts stimulated so that I keep producing. If I need to supplement with formula at times, that's okay. What's important is that he continues to gain weight.

The consultants meet with the moms every Monday, and she said that I'm welcome to come back any time, even if it's just to socialize with other moms. It was a relief to hear that other women had similar issues, and one of them pointed out that my hormones are still all over the place, so I'm probably feeling really emotional which just adds more stress (which is very, very true). She said that after a month she had her head back on straight and that helped her to realize that yeah, breast feeding can be stressful, but it's not the end of the world and it just takes a lot of patience. And if for some reason I decide to just use formula, that's okay, too. It doesn't make me a bad mom.

I think I'm going to go back next Monday. My husband is a great source of support, but I really liked being able to talk to other moms about everything.

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...

Ben Davis posted:

edit: even send someone out to Home Depot or some place like that for industrial earplugs, if you can. Whatever it takes to get yourself some sleep. It might take a few tries to be able to relax enough, but just remember that other people in the house can always wake you if the baby needs you.

Any brand recommendations?

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Thoughts about whether or not to get a flu shot in very early pregnancy/while TTC?

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!

sheri posted:

Thoughts about whether or not to get a flu shot in very early pregnancy/while TTC?
Sounds like a good idea to me. Getting the flu while not really being able to take anything pretty much sucks.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Yeah, I am signed up for a flu shot on Thursday. I am currently 4 weeks pregnant-- so I'll be 4 weeks 2 days on Thursday. My last pregnancy over this past summer ended in a miscarriage at around 6 weeks, so now I am just super paranoid about doing anything that may impact development.

I can find a lot of things that specifically call out the benefits of getting them, but nothing that says anything about any potential drawbacks in the very early stages of pregnancy.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

sheri posted:

Yeah, I am signed up for a flu shot on Thursday. I am currently 4 weeks pregnant-- so I'll be 4 weeks 2 days on Thursday. My last pregnancy over this past summer ended in a miscarriage at around 6 weeks, so now I am just super paranoid about doing anything that may impact development.

I can find a lot of things that specifically call out the benefits of getting them, but nothing that says anything about any potential drawbacks in the very early stages of pregnancy.

Make sure you let them know you're pregnant. I got a special flu shot from my midwife that was mercury free and contained the dead virus.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007
I haven't seen anything against getting a flu shot in any stage of pregnancy that wasn't on a non-vaxxer website. Not even a "oh, it's a calculated risk" type thing. There are many many drawbacks to getting the flu while pregnant, and even more to getting the flu in the early parts of pregnancy. Just like skeetied said, let them know you're pregnant, and they'll give you the shot with the dead virus. My doctor made sure that I knew not to let them give me the "nasal spray" version of the shot.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Copernic posted:

Any brand recommendations?

My husband worked for an industrial supply company at the time, and came home with a little box full of 16 different types of earplugs, but I threw away the pamphlet that came with it. My preference is ones that are foam but flared at the end (so they don't hurt while lying on them), and have a cord connecting them so they're easier to find in the middle of the night :)

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Every reputable source (CDC, Mayo clinic, ACOG, etc.) I can find recommends getting the flu shot at any stage of pregnancy. My OB even has signs posted all over their office recommending it for all pregnant women.

I got mine a few weeks ago at 7 weeks. I'd have gotten it earlier but that was when my school's health clinic for them in. I had a miscarriage in June and have a hematoma in my uterus that has caused bleeding/spotting every day since 5 weeks with this pregnancy, so I absolutely understand wanting to be cautious. But I fully believe that the best way to protect your baby and yourself is to get the shot. You may feel a little run down for a few days while your body mounts an immune response but it's way better than the risks you will encounter if you actually get the flu. Pregnant women have a complication rate for the flu that is something like 5x higher than the general population. Even if you got a relatively mild case, the high fever the flu causes can cause serious developmental problems for the baby.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

Getting my flu shot at my 24 week dr visit, and tdap the visit after that. Having had a measly cold while pregnant has been bad enough, I can't imagine dealing with the flu right now.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?
I got my flu shot at my Obgyn's insistence 2 weeks ago at 33 weeks :)

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Schweig und tanze posted:

Getting my flu shot at my 24 week dr visit, and tdap the visit after that. Having had a measly cold while pregnant has been bad enough, I can't imagine dealing with the flu right now.

Are they giving you the tdap there at your OB/GYN's? That's great. I had to call around to a bunch of places and eventually go to the County Health Dept. for mine. And then when I got there they asked if I had a prescription, which I didn't, so I had to wait till my OB/GYN's office opened and get them to fax it over... I guess since it's a newish thing to recommend for pregnant women, they're still working on streamlining the business.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I got my tdap when I hit my 3rd trimester right at my ob/gyn. My husband needs to get his done, but he was just going to go to a minute clinic at a CVS.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

I saw the midwife today and asked about flu shots, she said any time is fine.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Alterian posted:

I got my tdap when I hit my 3rd trimester right at my ob/gyn. My husband needs to get his done, but he was just going to go to a minute clinic at a CVS.

I do not know why it was such a hassle here, then. Yeesh. But anyway, it got done and so did my husband's. Take that, pertussis.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have a UTI. I'm in the middle of a 7 day course of antibiotics (cefuroxime) and have definitely noticed improvement since my symptoms developed on Saturday. However I'm noticing today that my bladder feels full even though it isn't, at least more than it felt yesterday. I think the reason for this I have a really hard time keeping down flat water due to morning sickness, so I have been drinking carbonated water. I Googled it and apparently carbonated beverages can irritate the lining of the bladder. I know it would be best to drink flat water, but more than a half a glass or so and it's back on it's way up. Same thing with anything more than a small amount of cranberry juice. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do?

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
The coolest thing, reading this thread from the beginning, is that some of you went through your entire pregnancy here, and seeing the support and information and "is this normal?" questions get answered is awesome.

So, hello thread! I'm 36 years old and just found out 5 days ago that I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant. This was rather unplanned, but not unwanted, if that makes sense? It'll be my first (I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks 2 years ago) and my boyfriend's third; he's 41. My main thought is: oh God I'm going to be a 37 year old new mom! Which isn't that uncommon at all, but I feel like that's ancient and kind of scary! I told my parents right away, because we're very close and would immediately be able to tell I was hiding something/something was up, there's no way I could keep it quiet till 12 weeks. I also told one very close girlfriend who has kids, so I could ask "is this normal" type questions, etc.

This is stupid, but right now one of my big concerns is telling my brother and sister in law. They've been married about 7 years, he's about 2.5 years younger than me, and have been trying to conceive for the past 2 years. They're currently doing fertility treatments (I believe Clomid injections) and have been for a few months now, and they've had every test under the sun and everything seems fine, it's just not happening.

Now, here I am, 36, not married, not trying, and oops, I'm knocked up! My parents are nervous and worried but after the initial shock, are thrilled with the idea they're going to be grandparents. I feel like I've accidentally stolen my brother and sister in law's thunder. I *know* my brother and sister in law will be happy for me and supportive and will love their niece/nephew, but I know it's going to be painful for them on some level. I don't really know what I'm asking, but, does anyone who's been through something similar have any suggestions on how to be considerate and thoughtful about handling this, without being apologetic? I don't plan on telling them until at least after my first U/S and doctor's visit (which is at 8 weeks, on 11/5--I was like, "Uh, I'm 36, and have had one miscarriage, does that make you want to see me sooner?" and they said no, so I'm very aware that there's the unfortunate possibility that I won't have to tell anyone anything) or possibly waiting the whole 12 weeks (which would take me to about Thanksgiving).

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Congrats! Maybe try to make it about him being an uncle instead of about you having a baby, if that makes any sense.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

sudont posted:

I don't really know what I'm asking, but, does anyone who's been through something similar have any suggestions on how to be considerate and thoughtful about handling this, without being apologetic?

I haven't been through this specifically, but I would make sure to tell him and your SIL before you start making the news public. And make sure that you are just honest with them about not wanting to steal their thunder but are genuinely thrilled about this pregnancy. Give them a little time to come to terms with it before it becomes big news. That way they don't end up on the spot and unprepared if they find out with a bunch of other people around.

I'd also make very sure your parents know that it's your job to tell your brother and SIL and not theirs. Sometimes parents know better but still let things slip. I found out when I told my sister about this pregnancy that my mom had actually told my sister already, when we thought I was miscarrying at 5 weeks. I thought she knew she wasn't supposed to be spreading the news about this pregnancy but we hadn't been very explicit about it and clearly should have been.

An Cat Dubh posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do?

I have better luck when I mix juice with water so it's not so sickly sweet. Maybe even mixing it with the carbonated water might help. You'll be getting less carbonation and might be able to tolerate the juice that way.

I'm only 11 weeks but recently I've noticed that my bladder gets very pissed off from my pants being too tight across my belly. I had it checked and it's not a UTI. It seems my bladder just doesn't like being pinned between my pants and my uterus. As long as I keep my pants relatively loose in that area I'm fine.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I got the tdap at my OB's office. Everyone should get it, honestly - especially with pertussis being as big of a deal as it is here in the states. If your practice doesn't offer it, ask around and find out who does.

I was also told that it travels via the placenta into the baby and protects the baby from pertussis for the first month or two - the time when they're at the highest risk.

e: I also had my flu shot while pregnant last year.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Are they giving you the tdap there at your OB/GYN's? That's great. I had to call around to a bunch of places and eventually go to the County Health Dept. for mine. And then when I got there they asked if I had a prescription, which I didn't, so I had to wait till my OB/GYN's office opened and get them to fax it over... I guess since it's a newish thing to recommend for pregnant women, they're still working on streamlining the business.

My OB would offer it but our insurance wants it done at the hospital she's affiliated with, for some reason. Not a huge deal, it's only a couple of blocks from her office. My husband will get it at the same time since he works at the hospital :) also I am probably a crazy person but I'm askin my parents and SIL to get flu shots and tdap, as my parents will have to fly to get here to see baby and my SIL lives in manhattan and I'm basically assuming they'll be exposed because planes and manhattan are both cesspits of disease.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Oh, jeez, that's a good point. I should ask my mom if she's getting her flu shot soon, since she's coming up to help when the baby is born. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Schweig und tanze posted:

My OB would offer it but our insurance wants it done at the hospital she's affiliated with, for some reason. Not a huge deal, it's only a couple of blocks from her office. My husband will get it at the same time since he works at the hospital :) also I am probably a crazy person but I'm askin my parents and SIL to get flu shots and tdap, as my parents will have to fly to get here to see baby and my SIL lives in manhattan and I'm basically assuming they'll be exposed because planes and manhattan are both cesspits of disease.

That's not crazy at all, our hospital told us everyone visiting the baby this winter has to get a flu shot and have an updated TDAP. Even if someone doesn't have symptoms, they could be carrying something that the baby's immune system can't handle.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Papercut posted:

That's not crazy at all, our hospital told us everyone visiting the baby this winter has to get a flu shot and have an updated TDAP. Even if someone doesn't have symptoms, they could be carrying something that the baby's immune system can't handle.

Yeah, mainly I'm concerned about my mom since she'll be at the hospital with us.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 21, 2017

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

Lullabee posted:

Is it normal to get the tdap in 2nd trimester? I got mine at my 20 week appointment along with the flu shot. The fiancee got it weeks ago, since he works at a senior center and its required.

Also, the fiancée can't get the flu shot (he has bad reactions to it), so they require him to wear a mask at work. But little man will be here in February, so I'm sort of concerned. He's got a month and a half paid paternity leave we'll be taking advantage of, plus any PTO he has saved, if need be. Since he'll be home majority of the time, is it something to worry about? I ask you goons, cause the birth board, I'd just get attacked for 'tainting my body with that evil vaccine'.

If he can't get the flu vaccine then there's really no reason to freak out and worry about it. Just practice good hygiene and do extra handwashing all the time and avoid people who are sick.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

Lullabee, the CDC recommends the TDaP in pregnancy any time after 20 weeks. As for DH and the flu shot I think you just do the best you can with it. As long as he's wearing the mask when he's supposed to and practicing good hand washing technique and whatnot I think the likelihood is the baby will be fine. Also, since you've had the flu shot in pregnancy it should provide the baby with some protection for this flu season based on a couple of studies I've read. So that will help!

Papercut posted:

We're asking this (TDaP) of the grandparents and other folks who will be seeing the baby when it's young as well. I'm not due until late April but we've already warned my parents that it's important to us. They have to travel cross country to get to us and there's been outbreaks of pertussis near us recently.

No resistance from my parents. My mom actually had pertussis about 15 years ago and broke two ribs from the coughing (not to mention she's a former NICU nurse) so she particularly thinks it's a wonderful idea!

It's gonna be really fun when we explain it to my husband's parents though. They are hardcore antivaccine. As a result my husband wasn't vaccinated for ANYTHING until he started dating me when he was 24. His parents won't be coming to see the baby until they either provide me with written proof from a doc that they got the shot or the baby is old enough to be protected from his/her own shots (almost certainly the latter).

Since there seem to be a few people planning on going this route and requesting family members be vaccinated, has anyone dealt with something like this before? Thankfully my husband is fully on board so it's not something where we will be at odds about it but I'm anticipating his family not taking it well.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
Alright thank you! I just wanted to make sure.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Ceridwen posted:

It's gonna be really fun when we explain it to my husband's parents though. They are hardcore antivaccine. As a result my husband wasn't vaccinated for ANYTHING until he started dating me when he was 24. His parents won't be coming to see the baby until they either provide me with written proof from a doc that they got the shot or the baby is old enough to be protected from his/her own shots (almost certainly the latter).

Since there seem to be a few people planning on going this route and requesting family members be vaccinated, has anyone dealt with something like this before? Thankfully my husband is fully on board so it's not something where we will be at odds about it but I'm anticipating his family not taking it well.

My parents are definitely not anti-vaccine, I think my mom thinks I'm being a little nuts about it but then they live in suburban TX, are never exposed to kids these days, and don't know how prevalent pertussis has become. Meanwhile my husband and I work in NYC and are around tons of people all the time who are just loving gross - coughing everywhere, then touching subway rails and doors and stuff. I was sick all the time when I first moved here and am just not willing to put a tiny baby through that. You gotta do what you gotta do to protect your kid, they can love it or leave it but you get to make the rules.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ceridwen posted:

I expected my mom to be a major pain in the rear end about it because she's anti-Western Medicine to a ridiculous degree, but she actually was completely on board (probably because she got pertussis a couple years ago and lives in the heart of the anti-vaccination movement). My brother actually surprised me by saying he would wait to visit until after flu season rather than get a flu shot, but he and everyone else have been fine about the TDAP.

If they're completely anti-science then I can't think of anything to tell them other than they'll have to make a choice between seeing the baby and getting the vaccination. If they're reasonable at all then you should be able to explain in simple terms that things can be fatal to the baby's undeveloped immune system that wouldn't be a problem for them, but it sounds like they might not be reasonable at all.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

Papercut posted:

If they're completely anti-science

It's pretty much this. His dad is a chiropractor of the worst sort (chiro can cure everything, big into insurance fraud, etc.). They never vaccinated any of their children but still blame their grandson's autism on vaccines (when neither their daughter or the kid himself were ever vaccinated, how many generations can the vaccine damage skip?!). They are pretty much the sort that the more ridiculous and nonscientific a claim is, the more likely they are to believe it. Every superfruit, every magic cure all, every ridiculous scam you see advertised on TV. They actually cancelled their health insurance because they don't think they need it since they eat organic food. And take their dog to a vet who dangles crystals over him to decide what kinds of medicine he needs.

Hence my saying I'd require a signed note from their doctor to even believe they had had the shot.

I think it's pretty much going to end up coming down to them not being allowed to visit until the kid is well into the vaccine series. Just trying to prepare myself for the fight. To this point they've mostly just ignored the ways that my husband has departed from their beliefs but this one is going to (unavoidably) be a lot more in their faces.

Still, it's good to hear that some relatives come around to it. Gives me a ray of hope that they (or at least the few siblings my husband is close to) might see reason.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ha, my mom is the same way. For years she would always try to get me to take Transfer Factor and would claim it cured everything including Magic Johnson's HIV, now she's on this laser kick where she totes around this laser that she claims cures everything because it's the same wavelength as the energy that's released when the sperm fertilizes the egg. She brags about never having had a mammogram and she's approaching Medicare age but I'm afraid she won't take advantage of it because it's ~*Doctors*~. :sigh:

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

Papercut posted:

Ha, my mom is the same way. For years she would always try to get me to take Transfer Factor and would claim it cured everything including Magic Johnson's HIV, now she's on this laser kick where she totes around this laser that she claims cures everything because it's the same wavelength as the energy that's released when the sperm fertilizes the egg. She brags about never having had a mammogram and she's approaching Medicare age but I'm afraid she won't take advantage of it because it's ~*Doctors*~. :sigh:

OMG! His mom has the same laser (or something extremely similar). She calls it (I swear I am not making this up) "the healing light of Jesus". Also one of the more recent scams they got involved in was selling KVARs. They would regale us with stories about how wonderful they were every time their power bill was lower, and explain to us why there were other factors that were complicating things every time the power bill was higher. The more ridiculous and implausible something is while still *sounding* like science, the more taken in they are. But introduce any *actual* science and they are convinced it's hogwash. It's like their brains are built backwards or something.

To get back to something slightly more on topic: We had our NT scan yesterday and it looks like my subchorionic hematoma may have finally resolved! It's been there since at least 5 weeks (when it was HUGE compared to the gestational sac) and at one point the OB seemed pretty convinced it would cause me to miscarry so I'm pretty thrilled. Still a bit nervous about getting the results of the screening next week but I'm starting to think this pregnancy thing might actually work out for me this time.

And kind of a dumb question: My weight gain for the pregnancy should start from my pre-pregnancy weight, right? Not whatever I dropped to from the morning sickness?

randomfuss
Dec 30, 2006
Ok You're freaking me out with the flu vaccine.

Of course here we're all vaccinated against pertussis (not mandatory but schools gets tricky if your kid is not... Like randomly sent home at any outbreak scare and quarantined).

But the flu: when I was pregnant with my 1st we had billboards saying YOU MUST VACCINATE, so I asked my OB/GYN when should I. She said:
"You're not old, athsmatic or have any health problems. I am the first doctor you see in 5y, and how did you cure your last flu?"
Me: "booze" (it was 7y ago)
So she said no shot for me, just prevention and no booze if I get sick.

I asked for a 2nd advice but doctors seemed really not interested in vaccinating pregnant me against the flu. I do have a doctor waiting to inject me with the MMR vaccine since my "R" immunity is borderline, so they're not crazy anti-vaxxers here.

Oh it's Europe.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
They're having a big push for it in the UK just now, I think maybe after the mother and her new born baby died of swine flu a few years back. When I was at the midwives yesterday they gave me a sheet with all the clinic dates on it and said it was a good idea for everyone to get it.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

randomfuss posted:

But the flu: when I was pregnant with my 1st we had billboards saying YOU MUST VACCINATE, so I asked my OB/GYN when should I. She said:
"You're not old, athsmatic or have any health problems. I am the first doctor you see in 5y, and how did you cure your last flu?"

That's weird considering you actually do fall into one of those categories since your immune system is more fragile during pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!

randomfuss posted:

Ok You're freaking me out with the flu vaccine.

Of course here we're all vaccinated against pertussis (not mandatory but schools gets tricky if your kid is not... Like randomly sent home at any outbreak scare and quarantined).

I asked for a 2nd advice but doctors seemed really not interested in vaccinating pregnant me against the flu. I do have a doctor waiting to inject me with the MMR vaccine since my "R" immunity is borderline, so they're not crazy anti-vaxxers here.

Oh it's Europe.

I'm in Ireland and my doctor recommended I get the flu shot, just because of the weakened immune system that comes with pregnancy. I'm not sure I need the tdap though because I got one in april before I even got knocked up. That should still hold me over, yeah?