Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

david puddy posted:

Does the Black Friday RSD happen outside the US? We don't have Black Friday here but I want some of those :(

RSD site posted:

Q: Who is on board to celebrate RSD’s Black Friday?

A: This year Black Friday will be celebrated by approximately 900 independently owned record stores/shops in the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Holland and the UK.

So if you live in one of those five non-US countries, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Don't support dumb collector black friday releases. :shobon:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Don't support black friday in general. gently caress that poo poo.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I was only looking at the Mogwai release and Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, I'm not in any of those countries anyway. Oh well.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Surfingelectrode posted:

This is probably the dumbest and most pointless box set I've ever seen:

http://piratespressrecords.com/rancid/

I mean, I think Rancid are alright, but does the world really need 178,000 more Rancid 7"s? And Rancid-branded baseball bats?

Your numbers are a bit off. From the Pirates Press Facebook page:

Pirates Press posted:

230,000 units of VINYL. Biggest project we've ever been a part of. Pretty badass. Especially badass because it's for Rancid and Pirates Press Records. HONORED, EXCITED and BUSY, BUSY, BUSY... words that don't even sum up what we're feeling right now! #musthave #vinyl #rancid #piratespress #piratespressrecords #hardwork

I'm gobsmacked by how ridiculous the whole thing is.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So I pre-ordered that Velvet Underground box set from Sundazed and they already sent it to me despite the website saying the release date is October 30th. So that's cool.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

So I pre-ordered that Velvet Underground box set from Sundazed and they already sent it to me despite the website saying the release date is October 30th. So that's cool.

Awesome. And yet the goon who keyed you into it hasn't gotten it yet. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?

Edit: Does it come via UPS. I forgot how I ordered it exactly, but UPS doesn't come until like 7 o'clock here.

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 11, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

Awesome. And yet the goon who keyed you into it hasn't gotten it yet. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?

Edit: Does it come via UPS. I forgot how I ordered it exactly, but UPS doesn't come until like 7 o'clock here.

It came USPS. Thanks for the heads up on this release by the way. I'm a huge Velvets fan, so I was instantly hyped about this. For some reason the banana from the debut album is on a sticker sheet instead of the album. So apparently you have to unpeel slowly and stop seeing. There's a cool poster in there too.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Godspeed You! Black Emperor's new album arrived today:

(click for big)

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 12, 2012

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

It came USPS. Thanks for the heads up on this release by the way. I'm a huge Velvets fan, so I was instantly hyped about this. For some reason the banana from the debut album is on a sticker sheet instead of the album. So apparently you have to unpeel slowly and stop seeing. There's a cool poster in there too.

Yeah, the banana thing (which I only know how to spell thanks to "Hollaback Girl," which means that song had a more measurable impact on my life than any other song) was a way of allowing people to choose which cover they want, since once you take the banana off, that's it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

david puddy posted:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor's new album arrived today:

(click for big)

is it good

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I got my copy of the Velvet Underground set, and I have to say overall it is really good. I listened to Chelsea Girls, and it sounds really nice and clean.

Sadly, that does not apply to Velvet Underground and Nico, which was really noisy and had a deep gouge on side 2. I'm going to ask Sundazed for a replacement copy of that album, since you know what, it's brand new and it should really be to a higher standard.

The worst they can do is say "Sorry."

And then hunt me down like the animal I am and kill me in front of my family.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

I got my copy of the Velvet Underground set, and I have to say overall it is really good. I listened to Chelsea Girls, and it sounds really nice and clean.

Sadly, that does not apply to Velvet Underground and Nico, which was really noisy and had a deep gouge on side 2. I'm going to ask Sundazed for a replacement copy of that album, since you know what, it's brand new and it should really be to a higher standard.

The worst they can do is say "Sorry."

And then hunt me down like the animal I am and kill me in front of my family.

Sundazed is a real good company, so they'll probably just bust your knee caps.

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010
Another goodwill find that I'm pumped about. I'm ready for some bloodcurdling terror and horror.

Spooky pic of the track listing:

And from goodwill I also got a LP of Dylan Thomas reading some of his poetry. I never knew those existed.

uncloudy day fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 12, 2012

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

alg posted:

is it good

Yep, We Drift Like Worried Fire especially

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

uncloudy day posted:

Another goodwill find that I'm pumped about. I'm ready for some bloodcurdling terror and horror.

Spooky pic of the track listing:

And from goodwill I also got a LP of Dylan Thomas reading some of his poetry. I never knew those existed.

That looks amazing, also the ghost the tracklisting is written on looks super cute.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-man-with-the-iron-fists-deluxe-ultra-pak

I bought the $85 one oh god what have I done

(There's a $15 double LP at http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/merch )

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 13, 2012

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Well goddamn I am tempted. I was going to blow this months LP money on the DFA79 album I've been chasing, because a dude was willing to lower his price on a few Femme Fatale releases as well, but that looks gorgeous.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

:negative:

How do I justify this as an early Christmas present when I've already done that with a bunch of Converge LPs :shepface:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

david puddy posted:

Yep, We Drift Like Worried Fire especially

finally got my copy from my buddy who got to go to the show.

holy poo poo is this good. totally different sound from infinity symbol.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

I, Butthole posted:

Well goddamn I am tempted. I was going to blow this months LP money on the DFA79 album I've been chasing, because a dude was willing to lower his price on a few Femme Fatale releases as well, but that looks gorgeous.

Decided to get this and it's sold out. Dang.

e: Bought the regular soundtrack, because why not. First vinyl I've had shipped from Bandcamp overseas that cost less than $15 in shipping.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I, Butthole posted:

Decided to get this and it's sold out. Dang.

e: Bought the regular soundtrack, because why not. First vinyl I've had shipped from Bandcamp overseas that cost less than $15 in shipping.

poo poo, that thing sold out quick.

EDIT: A Disappointed Owl PM'ed me a link to the red vinyl /500: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15601

and an 'exclusive' bundle that's kinda a sub-bundle of the Deluxe Bundle: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15617

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 14, 2012

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?
I was sort of torn between the $15 Bandcamp version and the limited Get On Down version for $50, just because it also comes with the score.

I read a lot of people on other vinyl releases on the Get On Down site saying the sound quality was poo poo and why does Get On Down keep dropping the ball on vinyl quality etc, sort of scared me off. The regular $15 version will be fine, hopefully.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

traveling midget posted:

poo poo, that thing sold out quick.

EDIT: A Disappointed Owl PM'ed me a link to the red vinyl /500: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15601

and an 'exclusive' bundle that's kinda a sub-bundle of the Deluxe Bundle: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15617

Yeah, I ended up grabbing that one as well. Kind of came about at the right time as well, as I just watched Kill Bil Vol 1 and 2 and got in the mood for some RZA-soundtrackin'.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was at a vintage-con yesterday with people selling tons of old trinkets from the 30's, 40's, 50's etc and even older too, but found one of the rare tables in there selling vinyl. Managed to snag the original Star Wars soundtrack from 1977! Case was a little worse for wear but decent but the vinyl itself was in perfect condition, nailed it for $19!

I didn't put it in the picture but back than Lucas was spoiling things, first track of the second record is "BENS DEATH".

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I really like the narrative that comes with that record. I wish I could find similar albums for ESB and ROTJ.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

alg posted:

finally got my copy from my buddy who got to go to the show.

Just got notice that mine has shipped (can't wait, since I know it sounds amazing). Really disappointed that they're not coming to the West Coast at all on the tour.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Anyone aware of a reasonably priced Halloween LP w/ Monster Mash, etc. type songs on it? I saw an Elvira one but it was like 40 bucks used :/

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I finally got around to going and searching for a storage solution for my 7"s and I found a really swish thing

Ordering crates and stuff from the internet always meant big shipping costs and they look kind of bad so I am glad I found something local. Now I just need to fill it up a bit more.

e: \/\/\/ This is it here, it's a DVD thing so there's about 1cm of space on each edge but that isn't really a concern for me.

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 15, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

...what is it and where did you get it?

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
I always look at places like that, but I've never been able to find anything big enough. So far nothing is beating the shoeboxes. I think I'm going to have to go custom.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Ron Burgundy posted:

I always look at places like that, but I've never been able to find anything big enough. So far nothing is beating the shoeboxes. I think I'm going to have to go custom.

You're in Australia too, right? Howard's Storage World had a fair few things that would have worked (it was a pretty big store though). I imagine if you're around a capital city there would be one of them around somewhere.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
Just preordered the new Pig Destroyer on white vinyl, as well as the upcoming NON, also white. The latter comes signed! Will have this on the back of my head for the couple of weeks it'll take to arrive...

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

david puddy posted:

You're in Australia too, right? Howard's Storage World had a fair few things that would have worked (it was a pretty big store though). I imagine if you're around a capital city there would be one of them around somewhere.

Yeah, I'm in Perth. I'll give the local HSW a looksee for 45 boxes. I'm still patiently waiting the day when I get my first house, and I can go buy a 5x5 expedit!

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just got my copy of the new Black Moth Super Rainbow album from their Kickstarter campaign. The lenticular cover is really trippy. Can't wait to :420: and spin this. :D

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
Glad I preordered and waited, as this appears to be signed.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

david puddy posted:

I got this sweet 40cm or so long rectangular basket which is the perfect width for housing 7 inches froma HSW a couple of years ago. I don't know if they still sell them though.

There's also a place near me called Economy Warehouse which has huge range of cane baskets that are suitable, but I think that store is Tasmanian only.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Just got my copy of the new Black Moth Super Rainbow album from their Kickstarter campaign. The lenticular cover is really trippy. Can't wait to :420: and spin this. :D

Got mine today too.

One angle of it.

Stupid phone flipped while I was trying to get another angle of the 3D effect.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It's a really drat good album, by the way. Classic BMSR, but tighter and more concise than their last couple of records, and with some new tricks. I'm digging it a lot.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

alg posted:

I really like the narrative that comes with that record. I wish I could find similar albums for ESB and ROTJ.

I have a copy of ROTJ. It's in solid shape- I got it for $8, I think, at Redscroll Records in CT about a year or so ago. Copies of the Star Wars trilogy soundtracks pop up in used record stores with some regularity.

Also: Did anyone else get shafted on the PopMarket Cat Power bundle from a few weeks ago? It was supposed to ship two weeks ago but it's listed on my account page as backordered and there's no word on when they're going to fulfill. I've bought from them before without issue and this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing. When PopMarket sells out of a featured item, they stop the sale. I claimed a set long before they ended that specific sale, so it's not like I missed out.