Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

FrenchToasty posted:

Does Rob's voice sound like the stereotypical deaf person's voice?

I tried my best to make him sound like that "Phil Hartman talking too loudly like a monotone announcer" sort of voice. I don't know if that is the best way, but it is how I hear it in my head. As opposed to the Greased Up Deaf Guy from FG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

scarycave posted:

Nice call back to the Mario vs Luigi fight on the current page.

Anytime, anyplace, to any body!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like how the flashback is just those two pages shrunk down.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Why does he even care about elmer emler so much?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

change my name posted:

Because he promised to save him. Rob's not the kind of guy who's going to back down on a promise, dammit.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
^ That too.

change my name posted:

Because they're friends, and he probably feels guilty for not being able to stop Hindo kidnapping him in the first place.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

For a moment, I thought that flashback was a dramatic montage of Rob because he was about to get one-shot'd :ohdear:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
oh man I really like that VS panel. It's like something straight out of a fighting game.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Rob and Silver both left the Troll Slaiyers in the first place because Shadow pointlessly murdered his allies, so their determination to save Elmer makes sense. Remember, the whole reason Rob revealed his dragonborn powers was to allow Silver, Blaze and Elmer to escape!! He just fights for his friends.

Team Silver is the most purely heroic group.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Temascos posted:

By the end of this Rob is going to be built like one of those guys from the Unreal or Gears Of War games. He will never cry, he'll just sweat. :D

Is it just me, or are his abs supposed to be showing through his shirt?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jackie D posted:

Is it just me, or are his abs supposed to be showing through his shirt?

I assumed they were fake abs that were part of the costume.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Please let Rob waste Hindo's smug rear end.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

With luck, it'll end with the Shout to end all shouts. Kinda like this. :allears: I want Rob to shout so hard it breaks electricity

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, if anyone has ever read any Weekly Shonen Jump battle manga, the latest page would be instantly immediately familiar. Haha, it's great!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aramek posted:

I tried my best to make him sound like that "Phil Hartman talking too loudly like a monotone announcer" sort of voice. I don't know if that is the best way, but it is how I hear it in my head. As opposed to the Greased Up Deaf Guy from FG.

I really can't shake the voice of Loud Howard from the Dilbert cartoon. Sorry. All your other voices are great, but every time I read Rob's lines, it's definitely Loud Howard.

And given that his powers are based on shouting, well...

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope this fight takes like, 2 months with rob steadily using all the shouts in the game.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

your going regret
starting this battle,

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

NutritiousSnack posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. I would never have thought before reading this that I would be so enthusiastically rooting for one OC over another in a Sonic fan comic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rob won't die; he can't. He still has to save Fudd! :ohdear:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Rob won't die; he can't. He still has to save Fudd! :ohdear:
Rob shouldn't die because it's too perfect that he doesn't have ears and the Troll King uses "words of death" that need to be heard in order to work.

That scene needs to happen.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

:black101: "c*****nt"
:haw: WHAT?!

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
What if the troll king has flash cards set up? Do the words work if you read them?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

ClownSyndrome posted:

What if the troll king has flash cards set up? Do the words work if you read them?

"WHAAAT? I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO loving READ!"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ryaomon posted:

Except he was and still is making a legitimate comic and lazerbot is making a glorified fanfiction that nobody will ever laugh at unironically.

Speak for yourself.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

NutritiousSnack posted:

For some reason, this seems appropriate.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
^^ My god, that almost killed me!

I think its amazing that Rob is so dedicated to save a guy who he never really interacted with at all - aside from proximity - and troll slaying. Its beautiful.

Rob is the true American Hero.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It might be possible that Rob only wants Elmer for his own dubious purposes. I mean, we did have Coyote hint that there was more to Rob than meets the eye a few pages ago. I'm thinking Rob might have his own agenda, probably pertaining to The Man in the Ice.

I mean, why would some guy with no ears just join a bunch of troll slaiyers that he has no real relation to? We never even heard of any stories of him being trolled, we only know that he can't be trolled due to his lack of ears. I'm not saying Rob is going to be evil per se, but he definitely has his own ambitions.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rob's gonna gently caress this guy up.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Rob is seeking out the Words of Death, like the cigarette troll. He wants them because only dragonborn can use them to their true potential. His lack of ears allows the user to survive the words at that level of power.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
^^^^^I feel like you just spoiled a highly anticipated movie. How did you find out that info?!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Constable Lemon posted:

It might be possible that Rob only wants Elmer for his own dubious purposes. I mean, we did have Coyote hint that there was more to Rob than meets the eye a few pages ago. I'm thinking Rob might have his own agenda, probably pertaining to The Man in the Ice.

I mean, why would some guy with no ears just join a bunch of troll slaiyers that he has no real relation to? We never even heard of any stories of him being trolled, we only know that he can't be trolled due to his lack of ears. I'm not saying Rob is going to be evil per se, but he definitely has his own ambitions.
Perhaps. Buy why Fud? He's not the strongest necromancer, and Rob's been surrounded by three others.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I kind of like how the plot has shifted away from Shadow/Vector/Hulk/Knuckles being the star team to much more interesting characters.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
A renactment of the most shocking scene from a few pages ago...

I had a better one with the "meanwhile" and he would sink back down, but it was a png file, nobody likes png files.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

simplefish posted:

Perhaps. Buy why Fud? He's not the strongest necromancer, and Rob's been surrounded by three others.

It could be that Fud is the easiest to manipulate. But looking back to when we first saw Fud's powers, I noticed that on this page that Fud saves Rob by waking him up, so maybe Rob just feels grateful for that and wants to return the favor.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Something I am curious about is, Mario implied to the Troll King that he is responsible for organizing the original Troll Slaiyers.

We know how he knows Shadow, but how did he meet Rob?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Quit all this Rob just trying to acquire power speculation. This is straight from the source:

quote:

why does rob care about elmer so much o_o?

because they are buddies you don't turn your back on a friend, rob is like that very caring about his friends

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Rob truly is a Good Guy, Best Friend.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rob is the most trustworthy and dependable of all Troll Slaiyers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aramek posted:

Rob is the most trustworthy and dependable of all Troll Slaiyers.

Which is why he will die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Which is why he will die

If he dies then Coyote will resurrect him and eat his brains and learn his incredible backstory that way, as well as the power of shouts and thus start his journey to learn the words of death. Rob is the chosen one. If he is killed then his power and legacy will live on.