Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
nevermind

T.S. Smelliot fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

halokiller posted:

Got the boot as well. I would have actually paid VIP access too if they had given a heads up, but looks like I'll have to wait for another invite again.

Two posts above you is a link to get VIP.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Red Robin Hood posted:

Two posts above you is a link to get VIP.

The link required me to log in before I could get to it, so it might not work if he doesn't have an account... :smith:

Try shooting off an email? It worked for me.

Just don't look like an evil international corporation trying to shut them down on facebook I guess.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

In theory I'm willing to pay for VIP, but I'm wary of giving them my CC info. Didn't they used to accept paypal?
Yes, they did (as recently as Aug. 09 at least).

I'd just get a pre-paid throwaway card if you're concerned.

Keevon
Jun 11, 2002
You know maybe instead of being an angry nerd and writing your paper about how poorly notch wrote a multi million dollar game you could try being productive and write your own game but properly and show him whats what:qq:
Does anyone know if there is a good way to automate downloads of certain genres by CouchPotatoServer? I did a little googling and I noticed there is something called MovieGrabber. Has anyone tried this? I'm not sure about running it side by side with CouchPotatoServer which I like in other ways.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I have 5 nzb.su invites, pm me if you need one,

edit: gone

astr0man fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 12, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
A question about the iOS app XBMC Constellation that's most likely to get answered by the crowd in this thread...

Since Apple forced the dev to remove SAB/SB/CPS integration as of 2.8.3, can I buy the Pro in-app purchase in my existing, non-gimped version without having to get force-updated to 2.8.5?

Experiences, guesses?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Tapedump posted:

A question about the iOS app XBMC Constellation that's most likely to get answered by the crowd in this thread...

Since Apple forced the dev to remove SAB/SB/CPS integration as of 2.8.3, can I buy the Pro in-app purchase in my existing, non-gimped version without having to get force-updated to 2.8.5?

Experiences, guesses?

Usually IAP only unlock features that are already there. The exception to this being when you have to download content for the IAP, like maps in Navigon. You should be good without updating. Don't quote me though.

I'm so glad I still have Qouch. Here's a link to their Facebook page.

Worst case scenario, I can still download it from the purchased section of the AppStore if I need to right? I vaguely remember owners of the DOS app being allowed to download it after it was pulled awhile back.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Oct 12, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Thanks for the reply.. makes sense. I've sent the dev a message on their Facebook page. I've only just gotten into Constellation as I use my iPad more and more as a XBMC interface recently.

I totally would miss Qouch a lot. SABmini is handy for granular control over TV shows (its Sickbeard integration is underrated and often overlooked). XBMC Commander and Qouch are the go-tos, hands down, though.

Now that local and WAN access to "the trifecta," all running as services, works a treat using Qouch, I can confidently set this up more for my less technical family members with little babysitting needed by me. Truly a wonderful thing.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
So Qouch will basically only be able to control SAB, until Apple decides that isn't appropriate too? Geez. I'm using NZB Unity on Android, its pretty good so far but the Sickbeard integration sometimes bugs out and you have go back to the main menu to reset it. Hopefully this pushes the dev to make an Android app, I'd love something like Qouch for Android.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Ideally Sickbeard and CP will eventually have mobile versions of the sites that aren't complete rear end to use on a small screen. CP in particular is almost impossible to use in Safari.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
Anyone ever have a problem with SAB freezing randomly? When I check the log, there is nothing there. Can't get to the control panel, can't close it from task manager. Happening a few times a day now.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Oh hey I just checked and have 5 invites to nzb.su as well. PM if you need one. All gone.

And DOGnzb is completely broken for me. I do a password reset and it works, but won't let me login with the new password. Not a big deal, but kind of weird (especially since Sickbeard still pulls from there with no issues).

EC fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 14, 2012

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

The Gunslinger posted:

So Qouch will basically only be able to control SAB, until Apple decides that isn't appropriate too? Geez. I'm using NZB Unity on Android, its pretty good so far but the Sickbeard integration sometimes bugs out and you have go back to the main menu to reset it. Hopefully this pushes the dev to make an Android app, I'd love something like Qouch for Android.

Nzb360 is my new goto Android app for Sab/SB. CP is coming soon and the dev has been pushing out updates pretty much weekly. I would assume in the next 30 days he will have CP ready to go.

houndspy91fc
Oct 16, 2008
I have 3 invites for nzb.su and one for DOGnzb. PM me your e-mail address if you would like one.

edit: All taken.

houndspy91fc fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 12, 2012

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
So it looks like newzbin2 and some other large indexer are complying with takedown requests to certain things. Most recently "hunger games" listings were completely removed from all search results. Do you guys think this is going to start getting worse and eventually neuter these services?

Which works better with SABnzbd?

edit: missed mod note about not asking for invites. sorry!

hayden. fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 15, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Nah, NZBMatrix has had a disclaimer for months that they will remove all listings having anything to do with The Hunger Games.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

hayden. posted:

Also, I would love a DOGnzb/nzb.su invite if anyone has one (haydendotsa@gmail). Which works better with SABnzbd?
How do you mean? One would expect you to be using SB or CPS to middleman with SAB. To this end, there is essentially no difference.

Granted, at the moment nzb.su has SABconnect++ one-click integration for "manual" browsing and downloading. (SABconnect++ shows dognzb integration since 0.5.9 but I don't find it working.)

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

...! posted:

Nah, NZBMatrix has had a disclaimer for months that they will remove all listings having anything to do with The Hunger Games.

Usually once something goes up on NZBMatrix, Astraweb will get a DMCA takedown notice.

Edit: In fact, their whole DMCA process is automated and you can get any post nuked from Astraweb if you send in your complaint to the email.

This guy even tested it out:
http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30991#p188365

Sperg Victorious fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 13, 2012

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Sperg Victorious posted:

Usually once something goes up on NZBMatrix, Astraweb will get a DMCA takedown notice.

Edit: In fact, their whole DMCA process is automated and you can get any post nuked from Astraweb if you send in your complaint to the email.

This guy even tested it out:
http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30991#p188365

Any good alternatives? I rarely have issues with Astra/Blocknews but I'm always trying to stay a step ahead.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Speaking of Astraweb, any idea why SABnzbd is yelling me for 'server exceeding maximum number of connections'? In server settings, I put it at 20 and Astraweb advertises 20 connections, so...:shrug:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Individual connections sometimes time out, so SABnzbd tries to open a new connection. But it hasn't timed out yet on Astraweb's end. This is normal.

The solution is to set your max to 17 or 18 or 19 to compensate. Or leave it at 20 and just ignore the error messages.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Anyone use Readnews? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, only Giganews, Highwinds, and Astraweb. I wonder how it stacks up vis a vis takedowns, retention, and such.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well, RIP Newzbin2 in the UK; it seems to have been blocked on all BT lines, even their standalone client is b0rked.

Is there a replacement that's anywhere near as good? I have a freebie NZBMatrix account I could up to VIP if it's worth it :o:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Well, RIP Newzbin2 in the UK; it seems to have been blocked on all BT lines, even their standalone client is b0rked.

Is there a replacement that's anywhere near as good? I have a freebie NZBMatrix account I could up to VIP if it's worth it :o:

I've still got a couple of invites to NZB.su if you wanna try them out. Just PM me. All gone.

EC fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 14, 2012

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Smeep posted:

Has anyone gotten this message in Sickbeard: "Error loading NZBs.org URL: (, HTTPError()"?

I double-checked my UID and API.

I think I figured out my problem, for anyone else having the same issue. No matter how many times I tried to configure NZBS.org under Configure Custom Newznab Providers (I gave up on using the built-in configuration) to read "http://www.nzbs.org" as opposed to "NZBS.org," either in Sickbeard or in the config.ini, it wouldn't change. I had to delete the NZBS entry altogether and re-enter it. Now it appears to be working fine.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Edit: didn't see the modnote until someone else pointed it out. Sorry.

...! fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 15, 2012

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Sperg Victorious posted:

Amazing isnt it? If I was a customer of that lovely service I would see it as a slap in the face.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Tapedump posted:

Anyone use Readnews? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, only Giganews, Highwinds, and Astraweb. I wonder how it stacks up vis a vis takedowns, retention, and such.

I think at this point it is safe to say that not mentioning where something is or isnt available is best. the forums that talk about all the recent removals show that "they" are watching online discussions and indexers and taking action. id say we brought it on ourselves partly. loving sucks.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Oh, yeah, I take your point. I guess I was just curious as I hadn't heard of Readnews before yesterday.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Finally made the switch over to usenet, and now I'm wondering why I've never utilized it all these years. Thank you very, very much inpheaux, for the comprehensive OP. Got me up and running in no time :)

FAKE EDIT: Nevermind! Somehow missed the modnote in the OP.

pliable fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 15, 2012

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

pliable posted:

FAKE EDIT: Nevermind! Somehow missed the modnote in the OP.
Don't feel too bad, I had no clue it was edited in there either.

For others who missed it: No invite begging.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I am kind of confused, Astraweb is my primary provider and NZBMatrix/nzbs.org as my indexers and I haven't ran into any totally nuked posts which I figure would be very common. Usually a couple parts missing but so far with 300GB downloaded I've used 2.4GB of blocknews as backup, 100% completion rate.

by 300GB I mean since adding blocknews. I've downloaded about 700GB overall

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Has anyone else on astraweb had issues with their credit card being compromised? My card has been stolen and used fraudulently three times in the past couple of years, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Also, my spouse inexplicably thinks it's astraweb and some testimony to the contrary would be helpful.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

Loucks posted:

Has anyone else on astraweb had issues with their credit card being compromised? My card has been stolen and used fraudulently three times in the past couple of years, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Also, my spouse inexplicably thinks it's astraweb and some testimony to the contrary would be helpful.

Never had any problems with astraweb. What payment gateway are you using with them?

If you're really worried, you might be able to use an prepaid card.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Sperg Victorious posted:

Never had any problems with astraweb. What payment gateway are you using with them?

If you're really worried, you might be able to use an prepaid card.

Whatever the credit card gateway is. PayPal froze my account years ago after someone hacked it and refused to unfreeze it until I entered some code they never mailed me, so no PayPal for me.

Who knows? At least Chase's fraud protection algorithm is pretty good, it just sucks waiting for the new cards to show up.

End derail. Apologies.

b0bx13
Jun 14, 2006
Need some help troubleshooting DL speed issues. I figured it was fine before, but I've upgraded to a better connection now, so I want to take advantage. I'm with Time Warner on a pretty solid 20mbps connection. SAB only downloads at around 0.8-1.3 MB/s. This is with both Astraweb and Supernews. I've played with SSL, number of connections and ports, all with similar results. Is there anything else I can do?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

b0bx13 posted:

Need some help troubleshooting DL speed issues. I figured it was fine before, but I've upgraded to a better connection now, so I want to take advantage. I'm with Time Warner on a pretty solid 20mbps connection. SAB only downloads at around 0.8-1.3 MB/s. This is with both Astraweb and Supernews. I've played with SSL, number of connections and ports, all with similar results. Is there anything else I can do?

A 20 Megabit connection is 2.5 Megabytes/sec, which is your theoretical maximum. There's multiple sources of overhead from things like making packets and SSL, and then the data has to travel through the routers between you and the site you're accessing. Not all of these router hops are going to allow you to maintain maximum speed. RIght now you're getting 30-50% or so of your theoretical maximum, which is pretty good.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Rexxed posted:

A 20 Megabit connection is 2.5 Megabytes/sec, which is your theoretical maximum. There's multiple sources of overhead from things like making packets and SSL, and then the data has to travel through the routers between you and the site you're accessing. Not all of these router hops are going to allow you to maintain maximum speed. RIght now you're getting 30-50% or so of your theoretical maximum, which is pretty good.

This is dumb its not pretty good. I have a 25Mb fiber and it constantly pulls at 2.6MB/s.

Reboot your router. Does a speed test get up to full 20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Loucks posted:

Are you using the 2CO payment gateway? Apparently some card processors auto-flag it fraudulent, especially now that they moved offshore.