Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Well that really puts a kink in my Mathemagician plans since I don't have a character with Shadow Strike or Electric Slash and the Tech Armor challenge is basically impossible.

I finished the Geth Turret challenge just fine. Didn't even take that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Fun Fact: Turns out it's impossible to earn points with geth turret without ignoring flamethrower because then it registers as a sentry turret.

I have a flamethrower geth turret and I've been getting points for both geth turret and sentry turret with it.

Also, to whoever said they have a huge wait between screens, that happens to me too. Forever to open the game, forever for the menu screen to respond (it has to check the DLC every time!) and forever to open the multiplayer or open the store in the multiplayer. I think it's a pretty ubiquitous issue.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
A buddy unlocked the volus engineer so I went N7 vanguard and had him follow me around spamming shield recharge while I phase disrupted. I actually found it decidedly meh, which was a surprise. I don't think I have shield disruptor specced right anyway. Had a lot of success with the batarian soldier though. He's pretty tanky already and with constant shield recharges its a lot of fun. I was like his personal bodyguard as we ran around the map shotgunning collectors in the face.

Light-headed Fool posted:

I'm looking for people to play with (PC), preferably Europeans to minimize lag. I'm probably only a bit above averagely-skilled player so patience might be necessary.

Origin: ferrous_fool

Fun games. We extracted every time thanks to your beastly Fury skills.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

TwistedLadder posted:

Also, to whoever said they have a huge wait between screens, that happens to me too. Forever to open the game, forever for the menu screen to respond (it has to check the DLC every time!) and forever to open the multiplayer or open the store in the multiplayer. I think it's a pretty ubiquitous issue.

Well they've got to make completely, absolutely, fully, definitively, comprehensively, assuredly, wholly, confidently, outright, soundly, thoroughly, perfectly, totally, utterly, entirely, 100% sure and without a doubt that your game and DLC are legitimate and that you didn't steal from them. Regardless of how long it actually takes because money means more to them than user experience. :v:

Oh wait.

EDIT: Added more synonyms to stress the unnecessarily long checks that EA/Bioware goes through that slows down the game's startup.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 13, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Well that really puts a kink in my Mathemagician plans since I don't have a character with Shadow Strike or Electric Slash and the Tech Armor challenge is basically impossible.

Tech Armour shouldn't be too hard so long as you've got a quick cooldown and an understanding group, especially because it's halved. I remember one game a couple months ago where it was just me and a buddy playing a private bronze game, and I decided to see how well I could do using only the Barrier explosion on a kroguard. It was hilarious; we made it to wave 7 before things got hairy. Just make it a habit to rush mook spawns on wave 1 and detonate in the middle of them. As long as you're not doing it on Gold you should be fine.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
I'm "playing" a Silver round on xbox right now where I can see none of the enemies, have no killfeed, but can interact with the objectives. It's so very odd. The other three guys have it locked down so I'm not leaving the lobby. I would if they needed four.

e: maybe the thought I was trolling them. they left. bugs on bugs on bugs!

Dr Intergalactic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 13, 2012

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I was just grinding some silver with the Turian Ghost for the solo challenge, and I noticed something interesting about Cerberus Dragoons. Apparently they run straight to your location to melee you, and always know where you are, even if you're invisible. They were still manageable, but it was kind of bizarre.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The game notifies enemies of your location periodically when you're the only one around, even if you're cloaked.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have a question:

My xbox live subscription ran out this past weekend but not before I completed the bi-weekly challenge. If I use a 2-day pass will I still be able to redeem my reward packs or do you have to maintain your live subscription when the packs are sent out in the middle of the week?

I ask because EA pretty much plays by their own rules and I can never predict them.

edit: vvvvv thank you! vvvvvv

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 13, 2012

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

The Sean posted:

I have a question:

My xbox live subscription ran out this past weekend but not before I completed the bi-weekly challenge. If I use a 2-day pass will I still be able to redeem my reward packs or do you have to maintain your live subscription when the packs are sent out in the middle of the week?

I ask because EA pretty much plays by their own rules and I can never predict them.

You can still enter the MP menu to edit characters and use the store when you're silver, it just doesn't let you join matches. So yeah, you can still redeem your packs.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Tried playing this game a bit. The first match I tried to join I immediately received a black screen telling me my connection to the game has been lost. The second match I had no sound effects, then the game locked up. Sometimes I really hate Mass Effect 3.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Three Slayers and a Volus engineer made for some fun times on Glacier.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I'm "playing" a Silver round on xbox right now where I can see none of the enemies, have no killfeed, but can interact with the objectives. It's so very odd. The other three guys have it locked down so I'm not leaving the lobby. I would if they needed four.

e: maybe the thought I was trolling them. they left. bugs on bugs on bugs!

This happened to me a couple days ago. My bullets and powers never seemed to hit anything, but I was slowly getting points somehow. It didn't seem like I was taking damage from any of the invisible enemies, so I just went around reviving people.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gasoline posted:

I finished the Geth Turret challenge just fine. Didn't even take that long.

TwistedLadder posted:

I have a flamethrower geth turret and I've been getting points for both geth turret and sentry turret with it.
It's obviously possible, but so is filling a bathtub with spit. I soloed a Bronze match literally not attacking the enemy and spamming the Geth Turret all 11 waves, by the end I got about 30% in each (Geth and Sentry) for a half hour time investment. I'm not sure how that equals not taking long but some people have different definitions I suppose.

If anyone's at all curious I completed the full Tech challenge with everything besides Flamer (I don't own Vorcha) and the two Turrets. I got most everything by just playing normally on Gold with Engis and Sentinels but for Submission Net, Tech armor, and Combat Drone I felt the need to solo Bronzes. They each took about the full match sometimes the match + a Silver wave 1.

Pumpking posted:

A buddy unlocked the volus engineer so I went N7 vanguard and had him follow me around spamming shield recharge while I phase disrupted. I actually found it decidedly meh, which was a surprise.
Funny, me and 3 goons absolutely decimated Cerberus Gold with a shield Volus + 3 Slayer combo and it was awesome. Frankly the most hilarious and enjoyable match I've ever had so I think you or your Volus must have specced incorrectly. We ran the gimmick in 23 minutes with one of our guy's Xbox crashing and him missing 2 entire waves. We also had a level 10 Slayer who didn't have Phase maxed out! They also all took Hurricanes despite me telling them you only have time to fire about one shot in between Phases, but what're ya gonna do.

~Theorycrafting~ correct specced Volus with 3 correct spec level 20 Slayers, all of them with Scorpions (the AoE damage and stagger plus the fact you only have time for a single shot), Incendiary ammo on everyone (tech bursts literally everywhere), and maybe even a Pistol Rail Amp III, would equal a 15 minute or less Gold run non-exaggerated.

When we played we just roved around in a tight pack annihilating anything we ran across instantly and if the Volus is playing correctly you never take damage nor run out of shield to fire. Phantoms were killed in 1 salvo of Phases and Atlas took about 10 seconds each since they could not fire due to the stagger of the constant comboing.

I don't think I'm out of line in saying this might be the strongest strategy (at least for Gold) in the game right now. It's that good.

Tremors posted:

Three Slayers and a Volus engineer made for some fun times on Glacier.
It sure did :allears:.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Human Adept is amazing now. Singularity owns, Warp owns, Shockwave owns. So many explosions.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

zxqv8 posted:

The game notifies enemies of your location periodically when you're the only one around, even if you're cloaked.

Yeah all cloaking does is make you a less appealing target to the AI. The problem is when you are the only one being less appealing still means you are the only target. Some of the melee enemies will just go straight for you because they can't shoot in wild directions.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Ghost Infiltrator with Raider is pretty boss. You lose the possibility of AR weight reduction and the level 6 cloak's damage evo; however, you gain some absurd burst damage by being able to Overload and fire off both shots before cloak wears off to take full advantage of the level 4 damage evo. This allows you to cloak, jet into reasonably close quarters, fire off a salvo, and dodge back into cover without much danger of being hit. Been having some great results. Speaking of which, whoever runs the Skill Calculator forgot to add the Raider.

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
Is there a page with patch note history?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

randombattle posted:

Yeah all cloaking does is make you a less appealing target to the AI. The problem is when you are the only one being less appealing still means you are the only target. Some of the melee enemies will just go straight for you because they can't shoot in wild directions.

I have noticed that Dragoons can see through cloak even if you cloak nowhere near them and are not moving. Usually that sort of thing is relegated to boss units so that makes them more annoying.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

dissin department posted:

Is there a page with patch note history?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143

Thread on BSN with all patch notes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I cannot get over the fact that Human Adept went from 'meh' at absolute best to being loving top notch explosion machine. All because of the change to Singularity.

Bioware, your single player is awful, but I forgive you for your fantastic multiplayer. I will be first in line to buy it if it gets spun off into a full blown title.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Two Finger posted:

Bioware, your single player is awful, but I forgive you for your fantastic multiplayer. I will be first in line to buy it if it gets spun off into a full blown title.
Absolutely. I looked at my playtime for ME3 multiplayer today, and it's significantly more than the amount I've spent in singleplayer across the entire franchise.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I wouldn't expect to have to pay for Mass Effect: The Mutiplayering. With the way games are these days, it'll be a FtP release with even more monetization out the rear end in a top hat.

I'll probably still play it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

zxqv8 posted:

I wouldn't expect to have to pay for Mass Effect: The Mutiplayering. With the way games are these days, it'll be a FtP release with even more monetization out the rear end in a top hat.

I'll probably still play it.

Pay to unlock:
quarian skin tone ($9.99)
Krogan Vanguard skin tone ($9.99)
Geth light color ($14.99)

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I just realized I wrote Mutiplayering.

It should be Multiplayering. Because that's somehow more of a word, you see. :eng99:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
I just unlocked the Volus Engineer (and named him Roly-Poly). He's hilarious, but I feel so ineffectual. Tips?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Quick, someone fill in the blank for the 'amazing area' team I'm theorizing.

Volus Eng, Justicar, Demolisher, ____ .

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I AM NOW A BIOTIC GOD

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/challenges/?name=Two%20Finger&platform=xbox

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 13, 2012

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Geth Engineer?

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Another volus engineer :getin:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Geth Engineer?
I thought of that, but I think it might be overkill considering the low cool-down shield boost. Besides I think the team's lacking the deepz so I was considering a Destroyer with really good guns or maybe someone who can set off savage explosions in that bubble.

As an aside I've unlocked both the Volus and Turians (I didn't actually want them really) with no money saved up from the DLC or farms yet I still don't have a single Vorcha, the N7 Adept, nor any of the guns I've been looking for since literally 7 months ago like the Saber or Talon. :sigh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I thought of that, but I think it might be overkill considering the low cool-down shield boost. Besides I think the team's lacking the deepz so I was considering a Destroyer with really good guns or maybe someone who can set off savage explosions in that bubble.

As an aside I've unlocked both the Volus and Turians (I didn't actually want them really) with no money saved up from the DLC or farms yet I still don't have a single Vorcha, the N7 Adept, nor any of the guns I've been looking for since literally 7 months ago like the Saber or Talon. :sigh:

Well, if it makes you feel any better the Saber kinda sucks. Talon is basically the best pistol in the entire game though!

also Trykt I tried the Turian Ghost and he's pretty cool but I'm not quite sure how to ultimately max my DPS. I do cloak/overload/unload AR (I took the AR damage for my 6th cloak spec, i assume this still gives me the 10 sec bonus?) and occasionally pop my "haha you thought I was dead" stimpacks but :confused:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Batarian Sentinel. Sit inside the biotic bubble shockwaving for explosions and combining the bubble and batarian heavy melee DR for indestructibility.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Fury (area debuff annihilation field). Also her throw will detonates both the justicar's/volus' biotics and demolisher's tech combos.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was playing as a volus adept and got dropped into a game on the Vancouver map, and that's probably the worst map to be a volus on. There's desks, duct work, and ledges everywhere but you can't climb over any of it so it's a maze of poo poo to navigate while angry Banshees and Brutes are chasing you. I'm still missing the engineer though, my PSPs are back to being Incendiary Ammo IV/Warp Ammo IV again. So glad there's ultra rare characters now too.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Psion posted:

Well, if it makes you feel any better the Saber kinda sucks. Talon is basically the best pistol in the entire game though!

If you can reliably get headshots the Saber rules. I like to use it on a Turian Sent and shamelessly exploit the Warp/Incendiary Ammo bug/feature/thing.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Surely a Fury?

e:beaten

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Is 11 PM PST scheduled server downtime or something? This is the second time I've been playing around then and abruptly lost connection from otherwise smooth sailing and been unable to reconnect.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I unlocked a Krogan Sentinel in my first PSP tonight.

I've fallen in love with this game all over again. I have tasted of the fruit of a Krogan Quad Squad, and it is delicious.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think they're going to add a fourth new ammo power consumable eventually, the DLC ini has data for polonium rounds which apply a DoT effect. It's also in the card list and there's an N7 HQ inventory icon for it on EA's servers already, all they have to do is enable it to appear in reinforcement packs.

For what it's worth, the rarity of the remaining 12 characters are all listed as gold/rare in there, including the volus sentinel/vanguard. The only ultra rares were the adept and engineer. I think card rarity is something that is actually controlled server side though as all of the N7 classes from Earth were listed as ultra rare in the ini but were rare in the actual packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Silvain posted:

Ever since the new stuff hit I've been getting a bug where I can't shoot or pick up ammo. Is this a common bug, because I've never had this before the new stuff hit?

I've been having a bug where I can't shoot, use powers, etc. until I get to an ammo box. Maybe happening once per game.

• Locked thread