Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

To Battle posted:

So a remaster of Deaths Spiritual Healing is being released in the end of November as a 3 disc set. It's probably not going to be as good as the original because they usually never are but I did enjoy the remaster of Human however.

Looks like Relapse put the remastered version of Living Monstrosity on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8tNBV4E2w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Full Maryland Deathfest lineup:

!T.O.O.H.! (Czech Republic)
ABIGAIL (Japan)
AHUMADO GRANUJO (Czech Republic)
AMBASSADOR GUN
ANHEDONIST
ANTAEUS (France)
AOSOTH (France)
ASCENSION (Germany)
ASTHMA CASTLE
BENEDICTION (UK)
BOLT THROWER (UK)
BROKEN HOPE
CARCASS (UK)
CARPATHIAN FOREST (Norway)
COBALT
CONVULSE (Finland)
CRUCIAMENTUM (UK)
DEIPHAGO (Philippines/Costa Rica)
DOWN
EVOKEN
EXODUS
GLORIOR BELLI (France)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
IHSAHN (Norway)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
INIQUITY (Denmark)
INTEGRITY
KOMMANDANT
LOSS
MANILLA ROAD
(the) MELVINS
MIDNIGHT
MORGION
NECROPSY
THE OBSESSED
PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
PELICAN
PENTAGRAM
PIG DESTROYER
REPULSION
REVENGE (Canada)
RIGHTEOUS PIGS
SLEEP
SPEEDWOLF
UFOMAMMUT (Italy)
VENOM (UK)
VINTERLAND (Sweden)
WEEDEATER

Baltimore Soundstage:
CITIZENS ARREST
CONVERGE
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
EDDIE BROCK
FEASTEM (Finland)
FULL OF HELL
HEARTLESS
HELLSHOCK
ILSA
INFEST
IRON LUNG
KROMOSOM (Australia)
LIKE RATS
MAGRUDERGRIND
MASSGRAV (Sweden)
OLD LINES
ROTTEN SOUND (Finland)
SETE STAR SEPT (Japan)
TINNER (Finland)
VITAMIN X (Netherlands)
WAKE
WEEKEND NACHOS

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
People are going to die at the Baltimore Soundstage

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

People are going to die at the Baltimore Soundstage

I would do some pretty terrible things to see a barrierless Converge show.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

nomapple posted:

So stoked for the Baltimore soundstage this year. The more grind the better, IMO.

I'm hoping that a few of those bands make it down here for Chaos in Tejas as well.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Magrudergrind and Rotten Sound on the same stage, someone's getting a broken neck

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

nomapple posted:

They're pretty wild, I saw once once.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
A few pages ago, regarding an interview with Tuomas Huolopainen, someone said that they should ask him "describe yourself without using the words 'poet' or 'child'".
...well, noisecreep took him to Disney Land.
He sounds a bit like Michael Jackson.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/10/10/nightwish-tuomas-holopainen-disney/

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Golem II posted:

DOWN
EXODUS
GLORIOR BELLI (France)
MANILLA ROAD
MIDNIGHT
PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
PENTAGRAM
SPEEDWOLF
VENOM (UK)

Oh god oh god oh god I wanna goooooo :derp:

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

Non Serviam posted:

A few pages ago, regarding an interview with Tuomas Huolopainen, someone said that they should ask him "describe yourself without using the words 'poet' or 'child'".
...well, noisecreep took him to Disney Land.
He sounds a bit like Michael Jackson.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/10/10/nightwish-tuomas-holopainen-disney/

I, too, would love to hear his soundtrack to 'The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck'.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Are there any resources out there for finding bands specifically with women in them? I'm planning on writing a paper on women in underground music, namely the doom/sludge/grind/powerviolence side of things, but the only sites I've found with lists of female-populated bands all focus on wack poo poo Is there a plugin I can use for metal-archives to help me sort out bands with women? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Are there any resources out there for finding bands specifically with women in them? I'm planning on writing a paper on women in underground music, namely the doom/sludge/grind/powerviolence side of things, but the only sites I've found with lists of female-populated bands all focus on wack poo poo Is there a plugin I can use for metal-archives to help me sort out bands with women? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Not that I can think of. I could throw a list at you though off my head if that will help.

Salome, Holy Moses, Dark Castle, Mind of Asian, Flagitous Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation, Demonic Christ, Détente, Sacrilege, Rape Revenge, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Absentia Lunae, Melencolia Estatica.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Killsion posted:

Not that I can think of. I could throw a list at you though off my head if that will help.

Salome, Holy Moses, Dark Castle, Mind of Asian, Flagitous Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation, Demonic Christ, Détente, Sacrilege, Rape Revenge, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Absentia Lunae, Melencolia Estatica.

To expand on this...

Gallhammer, Sigh, Warface, Abnormality, Parasitic Extirpation, Bolt Thrower, Nuclear Death, The Devil's Blood, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Neoandertals.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Brooklyn Vegan is steaming Yakuza's new album. So you should check it out unless you like Nightwish or something equally lovely.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/10/yakuza_readies.html#more

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Welp, the upcoming Machinae Supremacy album will be up for listening on this Finnish metal site for a week from now.
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=page&id=53

I'm sure as hell gonna be playing the poo poo out of this for a few days.

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
Some guys I went to high school with just released a single.

It's progressive death metal. I'm not terribly fond of the vocals, but what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r69MCm7OQ-c

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Socialized posted:

It's progressive death metal. I'm not terribly fond of the vocals, but what do you guys think?

Sounds like every other progressive weedily-weedily-boop dm out there.

It's good quality at least.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I wish I knew what the gently caress the obsession was with reinventing Yngwie Malmsteen

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Nordick posted:

Welp, the upcoming Machinae Supremacy album will be up for listening on this Finnish metal site for a week from now.
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=page&id=53

I'm sure as hell gonna be playing the poo poo out of this for a few days.
It's here as well: http://www.riseofadigitalnation.com/

Lyrics on this page.

Just finished listening to the album and... well. Not really feeling it, to be honest. The only songs that made any kind of an impression on the first listen were Laser Speed Force and the new version of Hero (now with more SID :woop: although I think I prefer the more aggressive sound of the old site version), but maybe some of the other songs will grow on me.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Misogynist posted:

I wish I knew what the gently caress the obsession was with reinventing Yngwie Malmsteen

It's not that, it's just everybody trying to sound like Between the Buried and Me these days for some dumb rear end reason.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

It's here as well: http://www.riseofadigitalnation.com/

Lyrics on this page.

Just finished listening to the album and... well. Not really feeling it, to be honest. The only songs that made any kind of an impression on the first listen were Laser Speed Force and the new version of Hero (now with more SID :woop: although I think I prefer the more aggressive sound of the old site version), but maybe some of the other songs will grow on me.

Oh, durpaderp. I knew of that site even, listened to the two early freebie tracks there. Didn't occur to me to check it after that album prelistening started. :downs:

But yeah, the album as a whole didn't give me this immediate HOLYSHITTHISISAWESOME feeling like Laser Speed Force and the title track, but it's really drat good regardless and I'm pretty positive it'll open up with further listening.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Also check out Landmine Marathon, Dreaming Dead, Cerebral Bore, Electric Wizard and Acid King. There's also Blood Ceremony and Kylesa, but I don't know how well they'll fit with what you're looking for.

Prons
Oct 11, 2012

Chick Magnet.

Socialized posted:

Not my type of metal, but the recording quality is really good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sam Dunn's trying to finance a "Lost Episode" of Metal Evolution based on Extreme Metal, since it was apparently too extreme for VH1.

http://www.indiegogo.com/extrememetal/

It was a pretty sweet series, and while I'd rather see a whole second season, this is cool too.

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
That loving Deathfest lineup. It's like Valhalla on Earth! :black101:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I actually dig that song but the vocals are pretty dull.

edit: I don't think I could listen to it that often though, and a whole CD of that, unless there's some really clever poo poo of it is probably pretty repetitive

muike fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 12, 2012

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Machinae continue their cycle of great album (Redeemer) bad album (Overworld) great album (View From The End Of The World) bad album then.

I preferred it when the songs had video game references rather than just be flat out about games. Imagine listening to this and having a friend ask you what the song is called and having to answer 'Republic Of Gamers'.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Stoat posted:

Imagine listening to this and having a friend ask you what the song is called and having to answer 'Republic Of Gamers'.

It's about my laptop :smuggo:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Stoat posted:

I preferred it when the songs had video game references rather than just be flat out about games. Imagine listening to this and having a friend ask you what the song is called and having to answer 'Republic Of Gamers'.
That and the gratuitous Japanese in some songs (yeah, I get it, you guys like anime and all, and I'll admit Oki Kuma's Adventure was pretty cool, but just putting Japanese in your songs for the sake of it is pretty drat goony) are the things I hate most about Machinae Supremacy these days. At least the lyrics in Republic of Gamers are far less terrible than poo poo like Crouching Camper Hidden Sniper, where they mention teabagging in the chorus.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Stoat posted:

Imagine having friends at all if you're playing Machinae Supremacy

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

To Battle posted:

So a remaster of Deaths Spiritual Healing is being released in the end of November as a 3 disc set. It's probably not going to be as good as the original because they usually never are but I did enjoy the remaster of Human however.
I've been pretty impressed with their remasters so far. I really enjoyed Individual Thought Patterns, but I think if you did anything to that album in terms of clarity it would have been an improvement.

I always forget how awesome Death is. No idea why that keeps happening.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The new Wintersun has finally leaked.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

TeamJesus posted:

This literally got me out of bed.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

TeamJesus posted:

Wait, how can it leak when the internet isn't big enough to contain it?

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Yeah I was shocked to see the new Wintersun actually show up in my feeds; I thought someone was trolling.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Holy poo poo, the Time has finally come. I still think it will be an hour of Jari farting, thus completing the largest troll in Metal history.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

henpod posted:

Holy poo poo, the Time has finally come. I still think it will be an hour of Jari farting, thus completing the largest troll in Metal history.

It could also just be a fetid pile of whale poo poo like Duke Nukem Forever was :smith:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Interviewing Sabaton and Eluveitie tomorrow.
Let me know if there are any questions :)

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Listening to it now...it is indeed quite complicated and grand with a lot of stuff going on. This one won't be easy to digest.

henpod fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

henpod posted:

Listening to it now...it is indeed quite complicated, with a lot of stuff going on. This one won't be easy to digest.

Try listening to it while reading Hawking's A Brief History Of Time and see if it links up like The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon.

Also, I've been working my way through the Slayer discography. I don't get all the hate for them, as they're my favorite of the Big 4 of Thrash so far. Maybe it's cause I like harder, more death-metal-y type stuff.