Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012

TeamJesus posted:

The new Pig Destroyer album has leaked finally.

It's awesome... but seems to not be as insanely fast as their previous albums, but is more intricate in its musicianship.

It IS awesome.

Does anyone know if Katherine Katz (from Agoraphobic Nosebleed) guests on this? I think that's her on "Eve" but I need a confirmation to be completely sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gorilla Radio posted:

Also, I've been working my way through the Slayer discography. I don't get all the hate for them, as they're my favorite of the Big 4 of Thrash so far. Maybe it's cause I like harder, more death-metal-y type stuff.

Who is hating? At best you'll find people (at least here in the thread) who will argue the merits of their various albums but always at least like one of them.

Like, I think Reign in Blood is completely overrated but the stuff before it is really good.

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
Slayer is not to be hated. Later, rap-metal ~SlaYa~ is only to be hated.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

An old friend likened Slayer to a bad Metallica. I worry about him.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
Personally, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like Slayer.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
SLAAAAAAYERRRR

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 22, 2016

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Time is loving cool. Jari is the man.

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.

Non Serviam posted:

Interviewing Sabaton and Eluveitie tomorrow.
Let me know if there are any questions :)
I'd shoot a question to Joakim from Sabaton about the Van Canto cover that he guested on.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

dutch wife abc posted:

It IS awesome.

Does anyone know if Katherine Katz (from Agoraphobic Nosebleed) guests on this? I think that's her on "Eve" but I need a confirmation to be completely sure.

Yeah it is Katherine Katz.
Source: http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/09/12/this-is-not-a-review-of-pig-destroyers-book-burner/

The Underground Man is probably the greatest 30 seconds of metal I have ever experienced.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

dutch wife abc posted:

Personally, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like Slayer.

Because they sit on the wrong drat riffs.

Slayer have loving great riffs, but the ones they choose to sit on and use as verses or choruses are nowhere NEAR as good as all the other riffs in the songs. I always found myself seriously digging a song, then they'd change to a poo poo riff and sit on it for the next minute or so instead of the riff I was really digging.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Minto Took posted:

An old friend likened Slayer to a bad Metallica. I worry about him.

That's dumb as hell, but I personally enjoy Metallica in their prime over Slayer in their prime. Slayer rips, it's unquestionable, unless you're some kind of spergy tech-death nerd.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Diabolus marked a low in their career that a number of people haven't gotten over.

I'm one of those people. I also didn't get over the Black album.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

The only thing I enjoy about Slayer is watching Kerry King play. His goofy rear end tribal tats/guitar and how funny he looks when he headbangs makes it so worth it.

edit: I'm so glad the new Wintersun album doesn't suck. I actually REALLY enjoy it.

On first listen, I feel like it's what would happen if Devin Townsend listened to Blind Guardian for the past 10 years straight.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 14, 2012

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
New Anaal Nathrakh, Wintersun, Neurosis, and Machinae Supremacy, and Sonne Adam all leaked within the last 24 hours. :flashfap:

thehouseplant fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 14, 2012

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Houseplant posted:

New Anaal Nathrakh
It's exactly what I hoped it would be. Passion was a bit of a let down, but this slays.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

TeamJesus posted:

It's exactly what I hoped it would be. Passion was a bit of a let down, but this slays.

Absolutely, I'm really liking it so far. It's definitely better than Passion was and more on track with everything else they've done.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
So I've listened to Time a few times (:v:) over now and I have to say it's a lot more different than what I was expecting. Certainly, I had been expecting more guitar solo's than this. I feel like the massive amounts of synth and symphonic effects detract from it, but I still like it quite a bit. I'm kinda wishing he'd just released Time 2 with it though.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Finally got around to watching the Pentagram documentary.

Bobby Liebling looks like he's about 5 minutes away from death at the start of it.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

TeamJesus posted:

I'm always like 'I could listen to Passion, but Black Widow is right there'. Vanitas is going to get some playing.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audPDLAMRI0
This is pretty awesome surprisingly... minus the jean shorts.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

TeamJesus posted:

I haven't listened to it yet, but that's good news.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

MrBling posted:

Finally got around to watching the Pentagram documentary.

Bobby Liebling looks like he's about 5 minutes away from death at the start of it.

5 minutes away from death at the start of it?

Does he... make it through the documentary? :ohdear:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

QPZIL posted:

5 minutes away from death at the start of it?

Does he... make it through the documentary? :ohdear:

Yeah. The guys making it were trying very hard to get him off the drugs and eventually he meets some girl and somewhat straightens his life out. He looks much better near the end of it. He was just really sorry looking at the start.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Houseplant posted:

New Neurosis
Oh poo poo. Firing this bad boy up right now.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
New Anaal Nathrakh is some hateful poo poo. Sounds awesome.

This might not be up long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjEqmYHpfk

henpod fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 15, 2012

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
BTW guys tickets for MDF just went on sale, I highly recommend buying ASAP if you want to see Bolt Thrower on Thursday, that's gonna run out quickly I bet

The great M
Sep 10, 2010

The prince.

And then you.
Found another song from the upcoming Orden Ogan album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5dd1MD9Dro

Getting really excited over here. It's pretty much exactly what I want my modern power metal to sound like.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

henpod posted:

New Anaal Nathrakh is some hateful poo poo. Sounds awesome.

This might not be up long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjEqmYHpfk

Cheeky bit of dubstep sneaking in there.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
In what is becoming a fine tradition, it's NPR with another pre-release stream of an extreme metal album. This time it's the new Pig Destroyer: http://www.npr.org/2012/10/14/162728112/first-listen-pig-destroyer-book-burner

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I see people saying that the Time leak might not be the final mix?

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

The "banned from Youtube" clip for "Forced Gender Reassignment" by Pig Destroyer is online.

There are not enough :nsfw: or :nms: emotes. Consider yourselves warned.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3195804/exclusive-cattle-decapitation-release-what-might-just-be-the-most-nsfw-music-video-ever/

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Avocado Goodguy posted:

The "banned from Youtube" clip for "Forced Gender Reassignment" by Pig Destroyer is online.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3195804/exclusive-cattle-decapitation-release-what-might-just-be-the-most-nsfw-music-video-ever/

At first I was all :smugdog: but then I clicked it and was all :staredog:

Oh my word.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

Avocado Goodguy posted:

Wow, Cattle Decapitation made a video so extreme they had to change their name to Pig Destroyer?

That's pretty brutal.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

At first I was all :smugdog: but then I clicked it and was all :staredog:

Oh my word.

Is it really that bad?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's gross as heck, give it a shot.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

QPZIL posted:

Wow, Cattle Decapitation made a video so extreme they had to change their name to Pig Destroyer?

That's pretty brutal.

I always get the two confused.:ughh:
Here's the stream for "Book Burner" by Pig Destroyer (probably, maybe Cattle Decapitation. I don't know anymore.)
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/14/162728112/first-listen-pig-destroyer-book-burner

A Good Username fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 16, 2012

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Auditore posted:

Is it really that bad?

Yeah

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
It's fantastic, they did a great job with it.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010

Avocado Goodguy posted:

:stare: well then. I can dig it. Monolith of Inhumanity is such a killer album. I just moved to San Diego and it blows my mind that these guys are from here. San Diego is like the complete opposite of a "metal town." If that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Wow I just got a chance to watch it. Uhh... item is exactly as described.

Song is pretty killer though.