Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

I was going to post a job I found but it's for a company I don't know anything about that I came across while researching something about startups. Is that cool for this thread or should I hold off?

I think anyone who enters into an employment agreement based solely on the recommendation of something they read on SomethingAwful.com deserves what they get, so I say go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe
Reposting this because the wife and I just made the move to the Denver area and I need a job.

My experience: 12 years as system admin for a small company. Sole IT person with the exception of consultant that does the heavy SQL coding stuff. All Windows clients, Windows Server NT to 2008. SQL Server 7 to 2008, Exchange 2003, AD, Group Policy, Epicor ERP. Dell server and desktop hardware mostly. A little bit of everything.
What I'm looking for: Something similar, but maybe part of a team this time.
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1 Help Desk
Where I live: Arvada, CO
Where I'm looking: Denver area, preferably northwest. Also could do Boulder and the area around it.
When I can start: Now.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time
Can be reached via: username AT chasbo DOT com

TheKING
Aug 13, 2003

Job Title: Applications Developer

What we do: Brokerage for shipping

Software/Languages/etc you will be using:

C# with MVC framework, Visual Studio, SQL Server, WinDev

Who we are looking for:
Entry to Mid-level developers to build and maintain systems on and off the web

Why would you want to work here?
Willing to train, reasonable salary and benefits. Overtime isn't unreasonable and you are compensated the times you do a good deal of it.

PM or Ksmast2 at Gmail dot Com

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mierdaan posted:

I think anyone who enters into an employment agreement based solely on the recommendation of something they read on SomethingAwful.com deserves what they get, so I say go for it.

Eh all right then. Caveat emptor and all that:
https://www.kabbage.com/company/Careers

They're based in Atlanta, GA.
They're hiring for a bunch of marketing director positions plus these:
Sr. SAS Programmer/Analyst
Sr. Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer
Desktop/Server System Administrator

I have no exposure to these guys, like I said I was researching something else when I stumbled across it.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Job Title: Software Engineer ( all levels )

What we do: Flight planning software ( search )

Software/Languages/etc you will be using:

C, C++, C# ( Visual Studio ), vmWare, your text editor of choice. While we're looking for Windows people you will be diving into Linux-land so you should be flexible.

Who we are looking for:
Developers at all levels with expertise in algorithms. We're looking for more Windows programs but if you are smart and motivated we'd love to you have you here.

Why would you want to work here?
Great salary and benefits in a wonderful region of the country. We provide weekly company lunches, biweekly massages, your own office, great hardware, and for this team we pay for flight school.

We will obviously reimburse for relocation.

PM me

mcw
Jul 28, 2005

emoltra posted:

What we're not looking for: Someone that refers to themselves as a 'ninja' or a 'rockstar'.

I almost wish I had more project management experience after reading this. Usage of the words "ninja" and "rockstar" in job listings ranks among my greatest annoyances in life. First world problems, I know...

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

the spyder posted:

4) Jr. Systems/Network Admin/Desktop Support tech. I need a helper! We have grown well over twice the size since I started and I need an assistant! Are you a self managed, friendly, and knowledgeable tech who wants more experience? Have a good background in XP/7/Server 2008, Cisco or HP networking, and have some basic Linux/Unix experience? Want to work your rear end off and keep coming back for more? Then I need you. This is not your normal job.

Check out the website for better descriptions. :)

Edit went ahead and sent my resume and cover letter to the email in your post.

Merica fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 2, 2015

Fluue
Jan 2, 2008
I'm looking for an internship in the IT and Web Development industry. Hopefully I can start mid-December or early May for a full summer internship.

My experience: 5 years as PHP + MySQL developer. 2 years with CodeIgniter. Currently learning Laravel. HTML5/CSS3 and Javascript experience. I have experience with Apache web servers and with Linux. I am the Chief Information Officer for my college's Executive Student Government where I am responsible for planning and delegating projects to my IT council.

What I'm looking for: Web Development internship or a general IT internship
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk, administrative job
Where I live: Hunterdon County, NY (home), Poughkeepsie, NY (during school year)
Where I'm looking: Central NJ (Somerset County, Morris County) or Hudson Valley. I can also commute to NYC.
When I can start: Mid-December (winter break) or Early May (summer break for 3.5 months)
Requirements: If outside of NJ, a commuting stipend would be nice.
Can be reached via: david [at] davidgunter [dot] ca or via PM

I can give more info, including a full resume and code portfolio, upon contact.

Lynxifer
Jan 2, 2005
Comedy "Buttsecks" Option
Posting here since I'm having a seriously hard time finding work;

My experience: 4+ years in a hodgepodge of roles. 3 years working as an OS X 10.5 system administrator, dealing with infrastructure as well as a Mac Desktop support role. 1 Year as an IT Intern providing Desktop support to Windows & Linux clients as well as Active Directory, Exchange & VMWare ESXi infrastructure work.
What I'm looking for: I've been described as Mid-Tier Desktop Support, although I'd really like to eventually leave it behind for System Administration.
What I'm NOT looking for: Relocation.
Where I live: Brighton, East Sussex, UK.
Where I'm looking: Brighton Area, although I'm not adverse to an easy trip into London or working in the surrounding area, Lewes, Newhaven, Hove, etc.
When I can start: Now. Dear god; now.
Requirements: Permanent / Semi-Permanent Role. I'm not hot on working day-by-day unless I have to.
Can be reached via: PM, lynxifer at gmail dot com.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Listen, nerds: We're getting garbage candidates who are idiots. Do you think you can do this? Goddamn: The last candidate interviewed showed up in a golf shirt, penny loafers and athletic socks. and he didn't know poo poo. The bar is kinda low.

Are you in Denver? Do you know C#? Do you know SharePoint? No? How about MVC? Or asp.net?

PM Me and let's find a way to get you a job and me a coworker I don't have to murder and dump in a gully.

boo_radley posted:

Job: Software Engineer
Who we are: An international agricultural bank. This is honestly an awesome place to work and the people are fun but super-driven. The benefits are great as are the salaries. The corporate structure is not too crazy, either.

What we're looking for: Somebody who's motivated and knows his or her stuff. You will be expected to be professional and engaged in your duties. You'll also be able to rely on your coworkers and management to help you when you need it.

There are three of these positions available. There is consideration given to people who are recommended by current employees, so if you're interested, please PM me, or email me at reachergilt+job@gmail.com and let's talk. Having said that: I'm not the hiring manager here, but I don't want to work with idiots. I want to make sure we can work together and that I'm comfortable recommending you as a professional.

The listed requirements are pretty in depth, but we "hire to fit" as well as to skills -- don't sweat it if you're not 100% on everything (for instance, I don't have a degree).

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 26, 2012

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Currently looking to move out of my current position. It is time for a change.

My experience: 2+ Years as a C# ASP.NET Developer at a large university working on large student data applications. Have experience in MS SQL, LINQ, jQuery, and TFS. Previously, did IT Support and Planning at same university for 5+ years. Full resume available on request.

What I'm looking for: Software development job in which I can expand and grow. I'm hungry to learn more and to push my current knowledge.

Where I live: Central NJ near train to NYC

Where I'm looking: NJ/NYC (Might be willing to relocate)

When I can start: Standard 2 week notice for current job

Requirements: Full Time position only

Can be reached via: PM on forums or onlinejsearch _ gmail

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

boo_radley posted:

Listen, nerds: We're getting garbage candidates who are idiots. Do you think you can do this? Goddamn: The last candidate interviewed showed up in a golf shirt, penny loafers and athletic socks. and he didn't know poo poo. The bar is kinda low.

Are you in Denver? Do you know C#? Do you know SharePoint? No? How about MVC? Or asp.net?

PM Me and let's find a way to get you a job and me a coworker I don't have to murder and dump in a gully.

Haha, I know where you work and that sounds pretty cool having been there once. How technical of a person are you looking for? I can send a colleague in Denver your way, but he's a got an ag bank regulatory background like I do and he's not as technical as I am.

e: having trouble sending a PM on this app, but can receive- mind sending a PM with your email?

air- fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 27, 2012

oral tradition
Oct 14, 2007

And I sit there and listen and learn all about life from people who have no idea how to live it.
Job: Senior Product Manager, Mobile Division
Who the client is: An enormous, multinational tech non-profit dedicated to spreading access to knowledge globally.
Who we are: The executive recruiting firm who will be looking at your resumes. Please don't use the words guru, ninja, or rockstar on it! I have to look through your resumes and it makes me roll my eyes so hard I can't see your otherwise awesome credentials.
Absolute Requirements:
  • Significant product management experience, preferably within a large organization where you managed a significant number of people.
  • Significant experience with cross-platform mobile development. You have to know the ins and outs of Android and iOS.
  • Someone who has done product management for apps strongly preferred.
  • Demonstrated interest in or passion for the open-source community, or work history at tech non-profits or within the non-profit sector.

If you fit the above qualifications but are tired of rapid development cycles and a focus on monetization, this might be the job for you. If the thought of working on a meaningful product with significant technical challenges that will be used by millions of people appeals to you, please PM me for a direct link to the position.

If you don't have PMs but you feel you're appropriate for this position, please reply to this message with your e-mail address and I'll reach out to you.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
removed

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 18, 2015

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
EDIT: Filled

sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 25, 2012

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

N/A

Houston Rockets fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 4, 2013

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Currently looking for a short-term contract. (3 months ideally) This is a long-shot, I know, but I need something to hold me over and my current full-time is driving me nuts.

My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertmcauley

My expertise: Python (Tornado, with a bit of Django exposure), Ruby (Cucumber testing framework), Selenium/Webdriver (automated web browser testing), Javascript. (not proficient with libs because I make code that's faster) Can do PHP or Perl but beggars can't always be choosers.

What I'm looking for: Python, Ruby, or Javascript/web development.

Where I live: Central Toronto (with no car)

Where I'm looking: Public transit accessible in GTA

When I can start: Anytime from 2 weeks from now until Nov 15th.

Requirements: None, as long as it pays enough.

Can be reached via: LinkedIn, AIM: Rainwavecc, or forum PM.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I work for a SaaS company in Chicago (downtown in the loop), and we've got an open position for a Security Analyst. This is a new position, because our current security person has way too much to do.

Here's the generic listing (some of these may be more of a "wish list", let me know if you're interested and I can answer questions/pass along more details. I believe this is more of a audit/policy type position vs someone who's going to be elbow deep in a firewall 8 hours a day.

Summary

The person in this position must possess a detailed knowledge of the business, as well as information security expertise, to develop and implement security plans appropriate to the level of risk the enterprise faces. The security analyst is a key member of the information security team and works closely with the Director of the Information security to develop and implement a comprehensive information security program.

Required Technical Qualifications

1. A minimum of 3 years’ experience with IT governance, risk and compliance areas including policy and procedure implementation, risk assessment and management, security architecture, management of control implementation and operation initiatives.
  2. A minimum of 3 years administering security (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, and vulnerability management).
  3. A minimum of 5 years’ experience with of authentication security and LAN/WAN implementations
  4. A minimum of 2 years managing projects, timelines and deliverables.
  5. Prefer to have 1 or more years of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: Cisco, F5, Snort, ModSecurity, Nessus, SIEM or SEM, QualysGuard, Metasploit or other security related technologies

Duties and Responsibilities

• Provides direct support to business sales and IT staff addressing, completing and engaging in pre-sales security request for proposals and information.
  • Be the subject matter expert in leading client-initiated security audits and reviews to from initial request to project management by engaging other stakeholders.
  • Researches and reviews network devices configurations, operating systems security profiles for compliance with industry standards and manufacturer recommended security baselines.
  • Monitors and responds to security logs alerts for violations with the ability to investigate and conduct preliminary forensics.
  • Support internal risk assessments efforts to identify current and new risks using standard industry risk assessment methodologies.
  • Develops, executes and leads vulnerability assessments and penetration testing efforts to identify security weaknesses in the application and network stack.
  • Reviews the security policies with an eye towards updates, improvements in and creation of the security policies.
  • Educates users on systems security standards and procedures on a regular basis.
  • Provides support to and oversight of new and existing security related tools and technology (SIEM, IDS/IPS, WAF)
  • Translate business, industry, and regulatory requirements into information risk management objectives and associated tactical/strategic information security initiatives.
  • Possesses adequate level of knowledge of current security and privacy laws to assess applicability and identify requirements such as EU Data Protection Act, Data Security and Data Breach Notification laws.

Desired Characteristics

• Carry oneself with confidence and be able to address complex security matters in simple business terms.
  • Quickly adapts to change, people with a positive attitude
  • Will spend the time to figure out the business need, prior to making decisions
  • Good contributor and good listener
  • Excellent verbal and writing skills.
  • Self-motivated and self-directed
  • Previously a lead or expert in security technology or solution
  • Experience working with clients and vendors

Education

Bachelor's in IT systems, security or related field

Experience

7+ years of professional experience

Certificates & Licenses

Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications

trotski
Mar 26, 2009
^^^^^^^
drat, wish I had a little more audit experience. This is EXACTLY what I want to do. I have a Sec+ and everything. Sigh.

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug

Who we are: Software developers, the majority of work is client-based projects, some will be internal projects. Based out of uptown, but you may have to work onsite for some clients (mileage, etc. reimbursed of course)

Position Type: Full-time, competitive salary, benefits

Jobs: Software Developer (iOS, Android, PHP) and Technical Project Manager, I put a description of a mobile dev contest we're sponsoring ($25,000) in there too.

Absolute Requirements:
- Some work history in software development.
- for the PM position they want 3-5 years experience
- Enthusiasm for developing, and a love for technology

Nice to have:
- 2+ years work experience
- Experience with publishing apps to various app markets
- Some customer service in your background

In addition to that we are offering a mobile dev contest in November:

Mobdemo, an opportunity for talented entrepreneurs and fast-growing companies to showcase their mobile technology at Mobcon, a mobile technology conference this November 13th and 14th. The Mobdemo finalist will walk away with $25,000 of cash and development services. We will be accepting applications through November 1st. Applicants may submit beta technology and even demoware by visiting https://www.mobcon.com/mobdemo. Furthermore, any questions sent to demo@mobcon.com will be answered within 24hrs.

http://mentormate.com/jobs/

Reach me via PM and let me know you've applied so I can put in a good word for you.

Requirements are listed on that page, but just to level with you guys: We will hire people that we feel are really talented but may not meet all of the qualifications.If you want to be sure that you would qualify or if you have any questions send me a PM or email youare.ontimesir@gmail.com

rover1223
Nov 22, 2011
A place a few friends work at has some IT openings they're looking to fill in the very near future:

Jobs: IT Associate (entry-level Helpdesk) and a Sr. Windows Admin

See the links below for more info. Small IT team supporting end users at a software development company with 500+ person user base.

http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/IT-Associate.aspx
http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/Senior-Windows-Administrator.aspx

If you're interested, reply to the email listed on the above pages with your resume.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
If anyone is looking for a job and you have some modicum of computer experience, Time Warner Cable is hiring for a Tier 3 tech support job. PM or email me your information. Here's the official job posting:

Posting Job Title: Tech II, Advanced Support
Requisition #: 139317BR
Posting Location: United States - North Carolina - Greensboro
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time

Posting Job Description:

The Time Warner Cable Carolina region currently seeks Advanced Technical II Support Representatives for our Customer Care Department in Greensboro, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.

Position Summary
The Advanced Support Tech talks with customers by phone and/or email to resolve data problems and troubleshoots video, HSD (High Speed Data), digital phone and data services. Own all customer issues presented to you while acting as the customer's liaison into the company. Must be flexible to work any shift Sunday -- Saturday.

Essential Job Functions:
* Troubleshoot with TWC subscribers who are having difficulty with video, digital phone and data services utilizing all available diagnostic tools Once problems are resolved, agents are required to introduce new services or products to these customers following a specified sales process and must a meet a monthly sales quota
* Resolve complex data problems that involve local network issues, email issues, modem trouble and other company owned equipment and/or software configurations
* Utilize reasoning and critical thinking skills, identify appropriate fix agent and resolve single-user issues
* Assist voice customers when needed, including but not limited to calling customers to confirm issue resolution
* Assist, coach, train all support representatives on work-related procedures and products
* May review tickets for potential system issues to escalate to different group as needed May assist with error trending, analysis and feedback sessions
* Works with supervisors to streamline troubleshooting processes as well as create and maintain appropriate troubleshooting procedures
* Needs to be able to provide exceptional customer service, works various schedules including on-call support and performs other duties as assigned
* Supports all department and company goals and objectives

Job Requirements:
* Familiarity with cable system operations, internet and telephony operations preferred
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to make decisions quickly
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos Ability to write simple correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and technical papers related to equipment and/or troubleshooting processes
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations

Education and Experience:
* Job related 2 year degree or 2 years equivalent work experience required
* Certifications in related subject matter Examples include but are not limited to A+, N+, MCSE, CCNA, etc preferred
* Experience in supporting applications and equipment in a helpdesk environment preferred

Ignore the education and experience. If you can tell an ethernet cable from a phone line and have at least some familiarity with checking internet issues, you'll be fine.

edit: Starting pay is $15, and if you are in a TWC servicible area you get free internet to Turbo (20x2, extreme is $8 extra), free cable TV (Digital, All premiums (HBO, starz, cinemax, sportspass, etc) and phone for $20 a month if you want that. Also has a pension and good health benefits. Compensation is pretty good overall.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 11, 2012

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

rover1223 posted:

A place a few friends work at has some IT openings they're looking to fill in the very near future:

Jobs: IT Associate (entry-level Helpdesk) and a Sr. Windows Admin

See the links below for more info. Small IT team supporting end users at a software development company with 500+ person user base.

http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/IT-Associate.aspx
http://www.crd.com/Company/Careers/Senior-Windows-Administrator.aspx

If you're interested, reply to the email listed on the above pages with your resume.

drat it, exactly what I'm looking for but I live in CA. If I wasn't going to be finished with college by early June I'd definitely be willing to apply for jobs out of state. Anyone happen to know of a helpdesk position in the Los Angeles area?

Delicious Kittens
Sep 14, 2012
Looking for: Part-time coder/developer to design and implement a simple automated system for handling discreetly structured requests and build in additional functionality to the application over time. Job requires knowledge of coding, SQL, and the ability to manage the entire project.

Not looking for: People who want a lot of money.

Start: ASAP

Pay: Contact me. Accepting hourly rate requests. $9/hour can start immediately. Additional project completion bonus.

Notes: I think the basic requirements of the job could be completed in just a few hours. Building in additional features to the core product and providing support will provide additional earnings potential.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Delicious Kittens
Sep 14, 2012
Looking for: A personal assistant to do basic internet related tasks, mainly research. Basic IT skills are needed as most tasks are IT related.

Start: Anytime

Pay/Hours: Contact me
No set schedule, work at your own pace.

Description: You will receive various tasks through email. Any task can be rejected. Most tasks involve researching topics, gathering information, and locating contact information.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Delicious Kittens posted:

Looking for: Part-time coder/developer to design and implement a simple automated system for handling discreetly structured requests and build in additional functionality to the application over time. Job requires knowledge of coding, SQL, and the ability to manage the entire project.

Not looking for: People who want a lot of money.

Start: ASAP

Pay: Contact me. Accepting hourly rate requests. $9/hour can start immediately. Additional project completion bonus.

Notes: I think the basic requirements of the job could be completed in just a few hours. Building in additional features to the core product and providing support will provide additional earnings potential.

Pffffffft hahahahahaha

Maybe try hiring an Indian through rentacoder or odesk. Good luck!

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

:fuckoff:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hey look! He's going to launch the next Facebook!

BeefofAges
Jun 5, 2004

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the cows of war.

But guys, there's a project completion bonus. It's an incentivized performance system.

I mean, the bonus is probably a balloon that says "good job", but still.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
$9/hr :laffo:

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

This guy's totally not cost-conscious. For the :10bux: he just wasted on an account to post his lovely job opportunities, he could have half this job completed. What a waste.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Pay: Contact me. Accepting hourly rate requests. 1 bitcoin/hour can start immediately. Additional project completion bonus (free hashing time).

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

To put this in real perspective, I made more than that reformatting hard drives and cleaning dust out of PSUs at the Geek Squad. Starting pay. Though to be fair, we never did get those 'Good Job' balloons.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The local grocery store is paying people to bag groceries starting at $10/hour.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice
The fact that he lists the pay for the programming position, but not the "personal assistant" position is my favourite. He must be planning to pay like $5/hour for that one.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

How deranged do people have to be to think that 9$/h is an acceptable rate in Western countries.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

KaneTW posted:

How deranged do people have to be to think that 9$/h is an acceptable rate in Western countries.

You see, to be successful in life you have to pull yourself up by hour bootstraps and

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

KaneTW posted:

Maybe he traveled in time from 1999.

Wait, no. I made more than that as a tech support monkey fresh out of high school.

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
***HALLOWEEN REPOST***

Who: Guidewire Software
Where: Foster City, CA (Headquarters). Professional Services positions are primarily travel and you can be based anywhere in the US / Europe.
Title: Implementation Consultant

Hello!

Guidewire Software is a young company meeting the needs of an underserved market, and right now we need your help. I have been working with Guidewire Software Professional Services for the last three years helping implement our company's software at various locations around the USA and Europe, and right now we have more projects than we can handle and are aggressively hiring Services consultants.

What does this actually mean? Successful candidates will go to California for a month for training, followed by client engagements that can last anywhere between 6 and 18 months. Depending on your role, you can be responsible for anything from business analysis to solution design to actual implementation work (and if you're particularly lucky, all of the above!)

If this appeals to you, note that successful candidates generally have:
- a BS in a technical field
- 3 years of experience or more in an IT consulting position
- Insurance experience strongly preferred (but not required)
- Some sort of management experience strongly preferred, but not required (project management of small teams
- Willingness to travel. Almost all our projects are 80% travel or more.

Still with me? We typically break our consultants up between two tracks:
- Functional, who handle requirements gathering, user interface and business design, and implementation of user interfaces and business logic. This requires not only soft skills but also hard technical skills. The platform uses Gosu for its scripting language for building out screens and business logic. (http://gosu-lang.org/)
- Technical, who handle solution design and integration of the software to various edge systems (ESBs, web portals, data warehouses, operational reporting, various other internal systems, even mainframes!). Candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of Java to have success in this role.

Insterested? Click the links to read the full reqs and apply:

Functional EMEA: http://jobvite.com/m?3KBpmfwQ
Functional USA: http://jobvite.com/m?31Cpmfw8

Technical EMEA: http://jobvite.com/m?3sDpmfwA
Technical USA: http://jobvite.com/m?3TDpmfw1

If you have any questions, PM me here or email the address on the spreadsheet.

Check out our stock and read press / news here: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GWRE

***HALLOWEEN REPOST***

We are still looking for people! We have hired a ton of people over the last year and are still looking for more, so check us out and apply above if you're interested!

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
ahahaha