Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Perigryn posted:

We just have to remember that he's better than Cena.

I thought that Nic Cage was almost the wrestler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought that Nic Cage was almost the wrestler?
He almost was but even he admitted that Rourke was the better fit for the role and left the project.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perigryn posted:

He almost was but even he admitted that Rourke was the better fit for the role and left the project.

I thought the talk was that Cage took the role just so a studio would approve of it and then stepped out to give Rourke the role.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I thought the talk was that Cage took the role just so a studio would approve of it and then stepped out to give Rourke the role.
That might've been it. Wikipedia says this:

quote:

Actor Nicolas Cage entered negotiations in October 2007 to star as Randy.[5] The following month Cage left the project, and Mickey Rourke replaced him in the lead role. According to Aronofsky, Cage pulled out of the movie because Aronofsky wanted Rourke as the lead character. Aronofsky stated that Cage was "a complete gentleman, and he understood that my heart was with Mickey and he stepped aside. I have so much respect for Nic Cage as an actor and I think it really could have worked with Nic but, you know, Nic was incredibly supportive of Mickey and he is old friends with Mickey and really wanted to help with this opportunity, so he pulled himself out of the race."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I want to see a "The Wrestler 2" starring Nicolas Cage.

Except instead of it being about a broken down wrestler, Cage stars as a former wrestler who is now owning his own wrestling company and has to deal with the fact he's losing money hand over fist to keep the business together as his friends and family leech, claw and rip everything left of what he built.

So basically the Stu Hart Story.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Needs more physical and emotional abuse to be the Stu Hart story.

Also, if for whatever reason, I was asked to cast the Stu Hart story, I would pick Brian Dennehy to play Stu in later years.

I have no idea why I shared that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Glamorama26 posted:

Needs more physical and emotional abuse to be the Stu Hart story.

Also, if for whatever reason, I was asked to cast the Stu Hart story, I would pick Brian Dennehy to play Stu in later years.

I have no idea why I shared that.
It's not a bad casting choice. Not as good as "Dennis Quaid as Vince McMahon" though.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Treat Williams vs Dennis Quaid is a helluva debate.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Perigryn posted:

And Dean Ambrose has been impressing co-workers in house shows:

I'm more surprised that James Bronson is impressing people.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Might just be Ambrose making him look good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm more surprised that James Bronson is impressing people.

I was more surprised when I misread it and instantly thought of CHARLES Bronson.

Now THAT'S a match I'd want to see.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

VogeGandire posted:

I was more surprised when I misread it and instantly thought of CHARLES Bronson.

Now THAT'S a match I'd want to see.

That's actually where he got the name from seeing as his finisher is called Death Wish.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Suben posted:

That's actually where he got the name from seeing as his finisher is called Death Wish.
Wasn't he also in MMA, I kind of dug the mini feud he had with Ambrose before the end of the Regal feud this year

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I want to see a "The Wrestler 2" starring Nicolas Cage.

Except instead of it being about a broken down wrestler, Cage stars as a former wrestler who is now owning his own wrestling company and has to deal with the fact he's losing money hand over fist to keep the business together as his friends and family leech, claw and rip everything left of what he built.

So basically the Stu Hart Story.

I think I figured out how to save my company.

I GOTTA STEAL THE ORIGINAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Wasn't he also in MMA, I kind of dug the mini feud he had with Ambrose before the end of the Regal feud this year

He's billed as an ex-MMA fighter submission machine. Though there was a time when he was an ex-MMA fighter submission machine cross-dressing fake psychologist.

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

Perigryn posted:

That might've been it. Wikipedia says this:

According to Nic Cage The Wrestler was written specifically for Mickey Rourke but they struggled to get funding for the project with Rourke tied to the lead, Cage steps in and then decides he doesn't want to do it. It really does seem like Cage took the part just to get the money rolling in whilst fully intending to step back and give it up for Rourke. Nic Cage is a pretty sound bloke.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

He's billed as an ex-MMA fighter submission machine. Though there was a time when he was an ex-MMA fighter submission machine cross-dressing fake psychologist.

I will not hear a word against that gimmick, his therapy sessions with Dean were loving hilarious.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Intergalactic, all-planetary, everything super-supreme champion

Mr_Zombie posted:

According to Nic Cage The Wrestler was written specifically for Mickey Rourke but they struggled to get funding for the project with Rourke tied to the lead, Cage steps in and then decides he doesn't want to do it. It really does seem like Cage took the part just to get the money rolling in whilst fully intending to step back and give it up for Rourke. Nic Cage is a pretty sound bloke.

I've always felt Cage is a cool guy that I'd like to hang with. He's just bad with money and can't be picky about what roles he takes these days. Still love Face Off to this day. And after Kick rear end I want him as the next Batman :p

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

EyeRChris posted:

I've always felt Cage is a cool guy that I'd like to hang with. He's just bad with money and can't be picky about what roles he takes these days. Still love Face Off to this day. And after Kick rear end I want him as the next Batman :p

Bad Lieutenant is fantastic cinema. And FaceOff was great for how well he acted like Trovolta, you could believe the actors traded faces.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

EyeRChris posted:

Plus gently caress you guys, Con Air was a good movie.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

VogeGandire posted:

Plus gently caress you guys, Con Air was a good movie.

You're wrong there; Con Air was a GREAT movie. And Drive Angry (3D) was my movie of the year for whatever year that came out. Greatest movie ever to decide that instead of having a sex scene and a gunfight scene that they should just make them both the same scene. Nicholas Cage owns bones and I forgive all his lovely movies because sometimes, just sometimes you need scenery chewing Cage to pick up a movie and carry it to greatness. I mean, hes turned in some legitimately fantastic performances in his day, but they just arent as entertaining as The Rock, Con Air and Drive Angry.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SiKboy posted:

You're wrong there; Con Air was a GREAT movie. And Drive Angry (3D) was my movie of the year for whatever year that came out. Greatest movie ever to decide that instead of having a sex scene and a gunfight scene that they should just make them both the same scene. Nicholas Cage owns bones and I forgive all his lovely movies because sometimes, just sometimes you need scenery chewing Cage to pick up a movie and carry it to greatness. I mean, hes turned in some legitimately fantastic performances in his day, but they just arent as entertaining as The Rock, Con Air and Drive Angry.

Vampire Kiss has the best Cage performance.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 14, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How can you all be forgetting Raising Arizona? :psyduck:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Nic Cage is fantastic in everything he does. The quality of the movie may change, but the greatness that is Nic Cage can never be denied.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still stop and watch Gone In 60 Seconds whenever it's on TV

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This Nic Cage derail needs to end.

@CodyRhodesWWE posted:

I don't have Instagram. I'm an adult.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can't argue with Cody on that.

Also now is the time to post the photo of him dressed up for Avengers.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

@JohnCena posted:

Believe in #thetrentoning

:syoon: Please let this be leading to something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

:syoon: Please let this be leading to something.
Why would you wish that upon someone? Look at all of John Cena's other friends.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Why would you wish that upon someone? Look at all of John Cena's other friends.

Punk's John's friend...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

Punk's John's friend...
Zack Ryder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RhettTitusANX posted:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Bobby Eaton...who had heart failure :(

:smith:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Punk disapproves of Cena's support of Local Sports Team:

CM Punk posted:

Here's what I know: I'm not a football guy. If I was, I wouldn't allow myself to be honorary anything of a team I didn't even like. That being said, Tebow thinks there's a god, and believes he will help him win his insignificant game of football. I'll be in Knoxville...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perigryn posted:

Punk disapproves of Cena's support of Local Sports Team:

Punk should play up the atheist angle.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why is Punk so angry?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Finally! The title match we've all been waiting for is confirmed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BUJiv4aVk

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Finally! The title match we've all been waiting for is confirmed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BUJiv4aVk

A Train?!

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Nope, Ice Train.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Punk should play up the atheist angle.
Jesus wasn't straight edge, he turned perfectly fine water into alcohol :argh:

Adbot