Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
The infinity multiplayer trailer makes my wiener feel funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJA00hlSdg

I for one am excited to spend hours designing football-based oddball strategies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
The new vid doc is great. The new Spartans look so graceful. I like the way they want to encourage more team play. Dynamic shadows in forge look cool as well. Ragnarock looks amazing.

BabyMauler fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 15, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Big Bob Pataki posted:

It doesn't take hours to come up with "throw it out of bounds." :v:

Joking about Oddball prostratz aside, that video may have made me eat some crow about proclaiming 343's hype inability.

One thing I do hope is that they went back to the post-Heroic map pack Halo 3 era of "something worthwhile to Forge with on all the maps." They don't all have to be mini Forge Worlds, but more than a couple vehicles and non-fixed, non-phaseable crates would be pretty keen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Spartan Ops going to be paid DLC each week?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
That video looked pretty good. Kinda disappointed the game also has killstreaks, but whatevs. I think Dominion could be real troublesome for me, only having one friend who plays Halo. Can imagine any coordinated team will get shutouts because not only do they get the points first, the other team can't get them themselves because the points will start killing them with turrets. Basically like Invasion, which blew chunks.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
^^^You're in a thread which is a) dedicated to Halo and b) full of cool people that like to play Halo with other people. "One friend who plays Halo" shouldn't be a real problem.

I said come in! posted:

Is Spartan Ops going to be paid DLC each week?
The first ten weeks (fifty missions) are free. They haven't announced pricing (or the existence) of a second season. I think they realize that people would laugh pretty hard at the idea of paying for five firefight missions a week.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 15, 2012

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

^^^You're in a thread which is a) dedicated to Halo and b) full of cool people that like to play Halo with other people. "One friend who plays Halo" shouldn't be a real problem.

The first ten weeks (fifty missions) are free. They haven't announced pricing (or the existence) of a second season. I think they realize that people would laugh pretty hard at the idea of paying for five firefight missions a week.

Is the first season going to be available indefinitely after the 10 weeks, or will it expire? I ask because I doubt I'll be able to play through everything each week.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kobayashi posted:

Is the first season going to be available indefinitely after the 10 weeks, or will it expire? I ask because I doubt I'll be able to play through everything each week.

They've said that you won't have to play them as they come out, you can come back after a couple weeks and play any that you've missed. They haven't confirmed or denied anything about what will happen after the season is over, but if you can play them at any time during the season, I'd imagine you can play them afterwards, too. Again, they haven't said anything about it, so don't take my word on it, but I'd be willing to bet you can.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That vid made me feel better about how they're handling the multiplayer, and CA's maps are looking just as awesome as their previous work. I love the matchbox car playset thing they had going on with the vehicles in that one map. Plus Jennifer Hale :fap:

They need to get somebody who isn't generic as balls for the soundtrack though. The game's not even out yet and I'm already bored with the music.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Is there still straight up Firefight?

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Friendly Factory posted:

That video looked pretty good. Kinda disappointed the game also has killstreaks, but whatevs. I think Dominion could be real troublesome for me, only having one friend who plays Halo. Can imagine any coordinated team will get shutouts because not only do they get the points first, the other team can't get them themselves because the points will start killing them with turrets. Basically like Invasion, which blew chunks.

Just to clarify, the personal ordnance (not necessarily killstreak rewards, because you get them just from getting points!) only exists in certain modes, and I'm like 75% sure it's just Infinity Slayer/Infinity BTB, and won't exist in Slayer Pro.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Is there still straight up Firefight?

Nope.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I know what he means, though - I tend to only play games with actual people that I know.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BOOO loving BOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
No mention of the Falcon in the new VidDoc, going to assume it's not in Multiplayer. RIP Falconry.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FishBulb posted:

BOOO loving BOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spartan Ops is most likely to just be Firefight with a new name. The only difference is a cutscene at the beginning of each mission, and 5 new maps each week. So this sounds even better since we get free content.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
I want to turtle though. :(

I'm sure the co-op stuff will be great, but I like building a base in Firefight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I said come in! posted:

Spartan Ops is most likely to just be Firefight with a new name. The only difference is a cutscene at the beginning of each mission, and 5 new maps each week. So this sounds even better since we get free content.

We'll see. Honestly it's not a huge deal the only time I play firefight is with my daughter or wife and its not like they are going to care if I keep playing Reach firefight if Halo 4 doesn't have a similar mode. I'm actually more mad that they took Firefight doubles out of Reach since that means I have to play offline firefight if I want 2 players.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

FishBulb posted:

I have to play offline firefight if I want 2 players.

Or just have a really bad connection that won't match you up with anyone else, I've had that happen a few times.

That vid doc is pretty sweet... hopefully the next three weeks will pass quickly!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I tired watched an episode of FUD last night. That has to be the worst video I've ever stopped watching on you tube. Why are they all scrawny, awkward 20-somethings with a short black lady yelling at them. The "drill sergeant" was just as bad too. Right after he "yelled" at them I turned it off to play borderlands. God. Awful.

Losing Chemmy sucks. Gonna have to make more friends I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just try to use my imagination. The show is very low budget, and actual good actors are crazy expensive.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

Why are they all scrawny, awkward 20-somethings with a short black lady yelling at them.

because it was filmed in my house

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Booties posted:

Why are they all scrawny, awkward 20-somethings with a short black lady yelling at them.
Because our military is mostly scrawny, awkward 20-somethings?

Gotta make it realistic yo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

They're not twenty-somethings, they're teens. It's a military boarding school.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If the characters are supposed to be teens the actors are probably 20 something...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anna Popplewell is the only well known actor on there and she is in her 20s. IMDB lists the ages of some of the actors, and the ones that are listed are all in their 20s or older.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Am I likely to save any cash by getting the Ltd Ed? I give no shitd about the crap you get in it, just the map packs and so on are worth it to me.

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

The infinity multiplayer trailer makes my wiener feel funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJA00hlSdg

This video made my friends and my day. I am so excited now!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Assuming they stick to the $10 for three maps pricing model, that's $30 worth of maps and some other useless poo poo for the low price of $40. (Or $55 if you pre-ordered at $45 instead of $60.)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

pseudorandom name posted:

Assuming they stick to the $10 for three maps pricing model, that's $30 worth of maps and some other useless poo poo for the low price of $40. (Or $55 if you pre-ordered at $45 instead of $60.)

He might be able to make some money off the codes they'll have for armor/helmets. I know goons have sold similar codes for 5-15 bucks.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

pseudorandom name posted:

They're not twenty-somethings, they're teens. It's a military boarding school.

yeaaaaah, and everyone in American Pie was 18 tops.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ineffiable posted:

He might be able to make some money off the codes they'll have for armor/helmets. I know goons have sold similar codes for 5-15 bucks.

Do we know if these are separate codes from the season pass or all in one yet?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
If its like Reach it was one code for the Legendary edition stuff. From the flaming head in game, Elite Officer, Avatar Prop Falcon, and a making of that you could only get to through waypoint. I'll have to look at the card since I hang on to all that poo poo because I am dumb. The only separate code was the Tier 3 Recon hat I think.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Microsoft literally cannot deliver multiple items via one code (AFAIK), so at the very least, there will be a separate codes for maps and avatar junk.

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
If you went to Walmart and got Reach at midnight they gave you a $20 gift card. Anyone caught wind of them doing that again? Probably just wishful thinking.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
That multiplayer ViDoc was so good. Things are really looking good and I'm mostly onboard with the CoD influenced stuff.

The only thing I'm worried about is the instant respawning that I've seen in the Infinity Slayer footage. Waiting to respawn is one of the key differentiators for me in Halo.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Can't wait to have the be back. This game is gonna be a lot better than reach because of that alone.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I started playing through Reach for the first time since it came out and man... the start of the first mission is just a jaggy blurry mess. Like the way it does motion blur was just awful. I guess it got better as I played through, but that was one hell of a bad first impression.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Was there motion blur in Reach? I can't recall thinking about that when playing the campaign. Honestly, I thought it was the best campaign in the series.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Friendly Factory posted:

Was there motion blur in Reach? I can't recall thinking about that when playing the campaign. Honestly, I thought it was the best campaign in the series.

Yes. In the beta it was really obvious and halfassed so in the final it was toned down a lot, but it was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
I hope the vehicles are a little more durable. It's annoying how much of a paper tiger the tanks are. Of course this opinion flips when on the other end of one.

• Locked thread