Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

RBA Starblade posted:

What did the half hour prelude when you first turn on the game have to do with anything though? That flashback thing never happened in Leon's campaign.

It did happen, it's the segment leading up to the T-rex fight, but in the prologue it's presented as an herb tutorial and that's about it. You get the "real" version in Leon's campaign. No idea why they did it that way, but then I don't know why they did a lot of the things they did with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I wonder why even have a tutorial if you are just going to explain 2 of the mechanics.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
I finished Jake's campaign today, it was the second campaign I've finished having started with Chris. This game is awesome.

Punching a giant monster into a lava pit was so awesome that I'm not sure I care that so far this game has lacked the tone I'd like to see from a Resident Evil game. Then they topped it off with a cheesy 80s-ish theme song over the credits! It's like wish fulfillment of every trashy action movie I've ever seen.

I hope they do a follow up to Jake's story where in he travels from town to town in the American West with his motorcycle quelling BOW outbreaks with a too-old-for-this-poo poo Barry.

Onward to Leon's campaign where hopefully I'll get to kill a actual zombie.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

RBA Starblade posted:

I just beat Leon's campaign with a friend on veteran. Someone joined in as Ada and we never went down against the t-rex fight. :hellyeah:

What did the half hour prelude when you first turn on the game have to do with anything though? That flashback thing never happened in Leon's campaign. Also is there an explanation for why Jill isn't in the game, or is she just not here?

I can see why people don't like the game, but I'm having a blast with it and even with all its faults I don't see why other people are hating it as much as they are. Then again I thought RE5 sucked, and it was the only other RE I've played.

Has Capcom released any information on when the DLC to make the Ada campaign co op will be released? At this stage I think I'd rather wait and laugh with my buddy while the game tries to explain it's crazy nonsensical story.

So far I have had alot of agent hunt players join to mess with me but never in any of the cross over sections have we ever connected with another player. Sometimes being Australian sucks. It really makes the Sherry and Chris cross over boss battle take ages when the Chris AI isn't attacking the copter at all since they get a much better view of it in that battle compared to Sherry/Jake.

It is almost criminal that the Chris campaign doesn't have a single pop up to tell you to hold X when you get knocked down (aka always) to roll back up to your feet instead of lying on the ground for 20 seconds. I have enjoyed parts of Chris campaign but anytime it makes you fight J'avo with AK-47's as a cover shooter I question why I'm punishing myself. You have a serious game fault if your enemies morph into a spider then continue to sit back and SNIPE at you with spider legs.

I enjoyed the Snake and Rock covered enemies. More of that less being knocked down by snipers and AK47's. Also Pier's quick fire with the Anti Material rifle is crazy strong. Also the opening cut scene of an alcoholic Chris about to straight up murder a man in a bar for asking him to leave.

Mercenary mode is crazy fun but I can't believe they cut out 50% of the maps for the players who didn't preorder. The cut out maps are also some of the best (except the train map I hate that one) and I think it's insane it's not even available as paid DLC yet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

It did happen, it's the segment leading up to the T-rex fight , but in the prologue it's presented as an herb tutorial and that's about it. You get the "real" version in Leon's campaign. No idea why they did it that way, but then I don't know why they did a lot of the things they did with this game.

Oh ok. I thought it was something like that but it didn't make any sense to do that to me. The story in general is pretty disjointed though. I have no idea who the Family or Neo-Umbrella are or what they're supposed to have done despite being name dropped, but I guess Simmons is in the Family? And the last fight takes place in an Umbrella facility?

e: Also the cover mechanics are poo poo.

e: Is playing as a normal zombie in Agent Hunt supposed to be a joke? "Grab" is "flail and fall over", "attack" is "do nothing", and "throw" tossed my gladius into another zombie. I played a bloodshot too and got something out of it, but regular zombies can't seem to actually hurt the human players. And that's when the spawn points don't throw you on the wrong side of the map.

The most effective I've ever seen it used though was in Leon's campaign where you run from the invincible monsters. Two agents joined as nearly invincible spitters and stood in front of the ladder we needed to get to to leave. You don't get to use the "climb" prompt when any other is a possible action. :argh:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 15, 2012

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

SolidRed posted:

It is almost criminal that the Chris campaign doesn't have a single pop up to tell you to hold X when you get knocked down (aka always) to roll back up to your feet instead of lying on the ground for 20 seconds.

:aaaaa:

I had no idea you could do this. This helps a ton in mercenaries!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh ok. I thought it was something like that but it didn't make any sense to do that to me. The story in general is pretty disjointed though. I have no idea who the Family or Neo-Umbrella are or what they're supposed to have done despite being name dropped, but I guess Simmons is in the Family? And the last fight takes place in an Umbrella facility?

e: Also the cover mechanics are poo poo.

e: Is playing as a normal zombie in Agent Hunt supposed to be a joke? "Grab" is "flail and fall over", "attack" is "do nothing", and "throw" tossed my gladius into another zombie. I played a bloodshot too and got something out of it, but regular zombies can't seem to actually hurt the human players. And that's when the spawn points don't throw you on the wrong side of the map.

The most effective I've ever seen it used though was in Leon's campaign where you run from the invincible monsters. Two agents joined as nearly invincible spitters and stood in front of the ladder we needed to get to to leave. You don't get to use the "climb" prompt when any other is a possible action. :argh:

To be useful as a zombie you really have to do something while they're otherwise distracted. It's best to wait until an ambush situation or one where the characters are split up.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

citizenlowell posted:

Onward to Leon's campaign where hopefully I'll get to kill a actual zombie.

Oh, will you ever :getin:

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

ImpAtom posted:

To be useful as a zombie you really have to do something while they're otherwise distracted. It's best to wait until an ambush situation or one where the characters are split up.

The most annoying Agent Hunt players wait at the top of ladders and attack you straight away as you come up.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

:aaaaa:

I had no idea you could do this. This helps a ton in mercenaries!
Some other stuff that is useful in Mercenaries. I'm not exactly a pro player (I don't just wait for stuff to attack and counter attack everything) so feel free to ignore this post. Just in case someone is completely new to Mercenaries and doesn't know this. -
R2 + square auto combines herbs in your inventory so you can use it instantly. You can get away without knowing this in the campaign but not in mercenaries.

Shooting zombies in the arm makes them spin around backwards. This is very useful for the Fireman Zombies that explode if you shoot the tank on it's back.

Shooting them while they are running (or if they are just zombies) in the leg trips them over allowing you to instant kill stomp them. Generally it's better just to shoot them in the head and then melee them. Other zombies will trip over fallen enemies.

Dogs will die to a quick shot. Try to kill dogs fast, they are easy to kill and don't do much damage but the QTE they put you in if they lunge you is enough time to lose your combo and they are hard to see when you have alot of enemies around.

It can be tempting to get "Combo Times" (green power ups) at the start of the game when you spawn by one. It's smarter to save it for 25+ kill period where the game really starts spawning enemies as generally it will start off rather slow and you'll waste it(depending on level).

On High Seas Fortress if you stay underground while the RPG enemies spawn the game will start throwing as many Berserkers at you as possible. I'm undecided whether or not that makes it worth not staying underground.

Catacombs is by far the easiest merc map. Even easier than Urban Chaos, worth playing to get A's and unlock the second costumes for your characters first.

RE.net unlockable characters are just reskins of the unlocked costumes you get in mercs. Even the weapons are the same. Fairly disappointing to be honest.

Melee attacks that kill give you extra time. Left over time gives you extra points at the end of the game. Counter attacks give you the most time, then co op melee attacks, then normal attacks. Even a terrible player (like me) at the start of the game when you are heading just normal zombies should be hitting them once in the head and then killing them with melee.

SolidRed fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 15, 2012

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

SolidRed posted:

The most annoying Agent Hunt players wait at the top of ladders and attack you straight away as you come up.

This sounds more and more like an unholy combination of Dark Souls dickery and Left 4 Dead strategy. :v:

Also, I just realized you can only pause if the game is offline. :downs:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why are the enemies in Chris' campaign about 100% scarier than any of the enemies in Leon's? :confused:

The giant worm thing, the Neo Umbrella elite guys and their mutated forms near the end...some of these designs are downright creepy, but I never felt that in Leon's campaign.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I don't know how a person can miss the dual wielding, since it's there with a button prompt on the HUD. The dodging and some of the other mechanics are definitely more obscured.
On that subject, is there any reason why when I tried to side roll out the way of an attack, my character would randomly just duck a bit and then get smashed by whatever I wanted to dodge?

What is up with Ada's new face? Her appearance has never been very consistent in the games, but she's somehow gone from a sort of older femme fatale to looking like a teenage anime character straight from the latest Dead or Alive or something.
Counterpoint: Leon's face is probably the best looking thing in the game.

Did they ever explain how the pilot on the plane turned into a broodmother?

One final question, what differences does playing on Amateur (as I did) make? I still had to do QTEs despite what the loading screens said, but it seemed once or twice like the game would allow me to fail them and carry on regardless.
Just wondering if it altered any other content as I remember RE4 would skip the hedge maze with the dogs if you played on Easy.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 15, 2012

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I keep forgetting about dodging. I just imagined my hitbox would be hit even if the model ducked or rolled out of the way.

I thought Amateur skipped QTEs, to be honest. I mean, I've done four chapters already (2 from Chris' and 2 from Leon's campaign) and the Prologue had more QTEs than my entire playthrough so far.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.

SolidRed posted:

R2 + square auto combines herbs in your inventory so you can use it instantly. You can get away without knowing this in the campaign but not in mercenaries.
You don't actually want to do this. You can use your inventory while in the middle of a throw animation, or going up a ladder or anything like that. Just manually combine your herbs while you're in the middle of an animation to save a few seconds.

E:ˇ You get 200 points per second at round clear. While time isn't nearly as big of a factor as combo or saving the hidden boss, it's still important to end score. You can also only have one skill equipped at once, the 8 slots are for letting you switch in a duo lobby without needing to back out the main mercs menu.

Rollie the Guar fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 15, 2012

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Got my first solo clear on mercenaries tonight, and did they take out the score bonus for finishing with time left? That seems kind of dumb because it seems to be limiting your max score to not much beyond getting a 150 combo. And is there any disincentive at all for not loading up the skill slots?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Got my first solo clear on mercenaries tonight, and did they take out the score bonus for finishing with time left? That seems kind of dumb because it seems to be limiting your max score to not much beyond getting a 150 combo. And is there any disincentive at all for not loading up the skill slots?

There is some kind of bonus you receive for not using skills, I have no idea how significant it is. As getting a high score in mercenaries, I'm thinking that the best way might be meet the criteria for the hidden boss to appear, then to make that boss the 150th kill of a 150 combo. And making good use of the combo time too perhaps? But I don't really know how combo time is meant to work.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Azran posted:

I thought Amateur skipped QTEs, to be honest. I mean, I've done four chapters already (2 from Chris' and 2 from Leon's campaign) and the Prologue had more QTEs than my entire playthrough so far.

Yeah, there really just weren't that many in Chris' campaign (the only one I've played so far for various reasons). If I had any complaints about the game besides the controls being rather obtuse it would be that there weren't enough QTEs in cutscenes.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

VagueRant posted:

Did they ever explain how the pilot on the plane turned into a broodmother?

It's in the files you unlock by shooting emblems. Simmons used The Family's connections to get a lepotitsa on board that plane because he knew the reports of Leon and Helena's deaths were faked.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
I've been avoiding this thread since the game released because NBA 2K13 has monopolized my time. Without getting to spoilery on me, what's the general feeling on the game? Were the bad reviews justified?

I ask because honestly I have enjoyed what I've played so far. The gameplay really works well. Sure the story has taken some peculiar beats but at least the game is fun to play.

Lucid Delusion fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 15, 2012

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lucid Delusion posted:

I've been avoiding this thread since the game released because NBA 2K13 has monopolized my time. Without getting to spoilery on me, what's the general feeling on the game? Were the bad reviews justified?

I ask because honestly I have enjoyed what I've sued so far. The gameplay really works well. Sure the story has taken some peculiar beats but at least the game is fun to play.

The bad reviews are greatly exaggerated. The game is pretty fun, varied, and the worst campaign (Chris's) is still better than RE5.
My one complaint would be the lack of manual, lack of tutorials for essential things like dodging and rolling, and the obtuse manner the classical Files were implemented.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rollie the Guar posted:

You don't actually want to do this. You can use your inventory while in the middle of a throw animation, or going up a ladder or anything like that. Just manually combine your herbs while you're in the middle of an animation to save a few seconds.

E:ˇ You get 200 points per second at round clear. While time isn't nearly as big of a factor as combo or saving the hidden boss, it's still important to end score. You can also only have one skill equipped at once, the 8 slots are for letting you switch in a duo lobby without needing to back out the main mercs menu.

There's no reason not to use the shortcut for your herbs. It automatically creates the most efficient tablet number for what you have in your inventory (R + G above G + G + G above G + G above G) and you can do it while moving. Yeah hitting your menu button and doing 5 quick button presses doesn't take that long either, but you're still slightly more vulnerable to attack if you can't move at all. I also prefer to use killing animations to rotate the camera around me and make sure I'm not getting surrounded, or for switching to a more efficient weapon for the next kill. Every character has a way to attack behind themselves as well. Rotating the camera to face your character then hitting up on the left stick + melee will result in a special animation. For some characters it's a particularly powerful kick that can crack skulls.

Also, people should mess around with sliding and explosives. You can plant remote bombs while sliding past and enemy and detonate it at the end of your slide. Great for stumbling fatties. You can also slide by a group of enemies, quick turn and toss grenades with decent accuracy.

Decreasing the strength of your guns (such as in martial arts master) also decreases the chance it will stumble an enemy on a shot. You always want to kill with counters in mercs (if it's possible) as they all give 10 seconds. Most enemies can be softened up with a bullet or two and then countered to guaranteed they die from the physical hit.

If you knock a zombie on its belly, never run up to stomp its head after it's finished rag-dolling from the front. It will pounce you always. Step on its rear end from the back or the side. The only time it's a good idea to go straight for the head is if you've knocked it down and you're already in position as it lands. Zombies landing on their backs are not a problem for some reason.

Zombies are not immune to projectile attacks from their brethren. You can put a normal zombie between yourself and a spitter to avoid taking a hit. One time a zombie cop threw its rifle at it and nailed a dog in mercs, killing it instantly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lucid Delusion posted:

I ask because honestly I have enjoyed what I've played so far. The gameplay really works well. Sure the story has taken some peculiar beats but at least the game is fun to play.

The bad reviews are exaggerated but it does have problems. There are a ton of obsfucated mechanics and an overabundance of 'gimmicky' areas (especially in Jake's campaign). If you've enjoyed what you've played you'll continue to enjoy it.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Calaveron posted:

The bad reviews are greatly exaggerated. The game is pretty fun, varied, and the worst campaign (Chris's) is still better than RE5.
My one complaint would be the lack of manual, lack of tutorials for essential things like dodging and rolling, and the obtuse manner the classical Files were implemented.

This is all well said. The game doesn't tell you how to do some of the more useful stuff (dodge rolls, quick shot, etc), and you don't really get a chance to experiment with the controls before you're thrown into the heat of things. Once I figured out all that stuff, though, I had a lot of fun - more than I did playing through RE5, if that provides any perspective. (There's no real equivalent to that long, incredibly tedious stretch of underground ruins filled with spear majini and solar lasers, thank god.)

One thing that helps, if you can get it, is a friend to co-op with. Online people work well, but I find I enjoy the game most when I'm split-screening with somebody I know and we can react to what's going on, be amazed at a particularly good melee attack, shout torrents of abuse at each other for taking the last green herb, etc.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Biggest offense is the lack of unlockable stuff, come on Capcom, among the enormous focus group test you did someone must have checked that.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

ImpAtom posted:

The bad reviews are exaggerated but it does have problems. There are a ton of obsfucated mechanics and an overabundance of 'gimmicky' areas (especially in Jake's campaign). If you've enjoyed what you've played you'll continue to enjoy it.

I started with Jake's first two chapters and it was the only part of the game so far that I found to be jumbled in its execution. Not so much in terms of plot points but in reference to the style of gameplay it tried to force you into. Some of it worked but when it didn't it really missed the mark by a mile.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

During that godawful rope climbing scene (Leon's campaign, final chapter) is there any way to help your partner if you're playing as Helena?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

You can plant a remote bomb while sliding? :v:

Is there quickturn in this game? The more I play, the more I love the improved maneuverabilty. At first I thought I'd miss the weapon upgrade system of RE5, but skills are actually fun and aren't as vital as having an improved weapon for a specific chapter.

Jake's Second Chapter's gimmick was... weird? Sometimes I'd run up to the Sentry Bugs and smack them while they were turning and I was inside their light, and nothing happened. Also, there was an emblem in the end of that section. Am I supposed to shoot it? I thought it would be unwise, given the circumstances. :ohdear:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

There is a quick turn but it is very unreliable. Sometimes you quickturn and the camera follows other times it does not.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Azran posted:

You can plant a remote bomb while sliding? :v:

Is there quickturn in this game? The more I play, the more I love the improved maneuverabilty. At first I thought I'd miss the weapon upgrade system of RE5, but skills are actually fun and aren't as vital as having an improved weapon for a specific chapter.

Jake's Second Chapter's gimmick was... weird? Sometimes I'd run up to the Sentry Bugs and smack them while they were turning and I was inside their light, and nothing happened. Also, there was an emblem in the end of that section. Am I supposed to shoot it? I thought it would be unwise, given the circumstances. :ohdear:

You have just enough time to shoot it and open the door.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Is Jake Chapter 2 the only time stealth comes up? If so, well it certainly sucks and is not needed, but it wasnt game breaking.

In other words, Jakes campaign so far (I finished Chapter 2) is the weakest, but still nothing that makes me want to proclaim the game a 4 or 5 outta 10.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Is Jake Chapter 2 the only time stealth comes up? If so, well it certainly sucks and is not needed, but it wasnt game breaking.

In other words, Jakes campaign so far (I finished Chapter 2) is the weakest, but still nothing that makes me want to proclaim the game a 4 or 5 outta 10.
It comes up as an option in either Jake's 3 or 4 and later in one of Ada's chapters. It is an exceptional pain in the rear end every time.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Meowjesty posted:

It comes up as an option in either Jake's 3 or 4 and later in one of Ada's chapters. It is an exceptional pain in the rear end every time.

Add Chris' driving section from Chapter 3 to that list. Holy freaking poo poo, what a slog. I've tried like fifteen times, and I still can't beat it. When they arrive to the part where Chris says "Hold on, I'm going to jump it" I automatically lose. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And even when boosting, Ada keeps going forward.
I think I will have to replay the entire chapter as Piers just to skip that crap.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Stealth makes a couple of Ada's chapters much easier, since her crossbow does a lot more damage if you can line up a headshot on an unaware target, but it's not exactly required. You can run through the entire thing.

There's a "stealth mission" in one of her later chapters, but that doesn't mean much.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The driving section was fine when you're on the freeway. It's boring as hell, yeah. But at least it's not as bad as it is when you get to the parking garage. Once you're inside the garage, it's dark as hell in there and you can't see where you're going so you just drive into areas of blackness and hope for the best. Sometimes you'll hit a wall and other times you'll get where you're supposed to be going :ughh:

That was one of the worst-designed sections of any video game in recent memory.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Azran posted:

Add Chris' driving section from Chapter 3 to that list. Holy freaking poo poo, what a slog. I've tried like fifteen times, and I still can't beat it. When they arrive to the part where Chris says "Hold on, I'm going to jump it" I automatically lose. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And even when boosting, Ada keeps going forward.
I think I will have to replay the entire chapter as Piers just to skip that crap.

I had something similar during Jake's snowmobile section. No matter what angle I took that last jump at, or how close to the AI I was, seven times I died, and number eight I sailed through it no problems.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Playing back through on Professional and allowing coop for the first time. I was feeling pretty cool blazing away with my unlimited shotty through Leon chapter 1, but I forgot about the second truck at the gas station. Got splattered, partner disconnected out of disgust.

Pro gaming.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The driving section was fine when you're on the freeway. It's boring as hell, yeah. But at least it's not as bad as it is when you get to the parking garage. Once you're inside the garage, it's dark as hell in there and you can't see where you're going so you just drive into areas of blackness and hope for the best. Sometimes you'll hit a wall and other times you'll get where you're supposed to be going :ughh:

That was one of the worst-designed sections of any video game in recent memory.

You could say that, especially when even the AI takes twelve seconds to find the ramp.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I had no issue with that driving section, but died nearly a dozen times to the snow chase in Jake's. I think the driving mechanisms must just be pretty screwy.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
What completely baffled me about Chris's driving section was the part where Piers and Chris switch places.

"Piers, switch places with me!"

:psyduck: What? Why!? Aren't you in the middle of a loving carchase!?

That said, none of the vehicle sections were very good. Jake's snowmobile and motorcycle sections, Chris's car chase, and Ada's helicopter sections were boring slogs at best and controller snapping frustration at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I don't get about RE6 is why they gave Chris a random non-named bland partner. I mean Heleana was nothing great, but at least they tried to give her a back story and stuff.

Wouldn't they have just been better off slapping Jill or even bringing back Sheeva for the role? They seriously seem to do NOTHING with the guy, he feels like he should be a red shirt and not a primary character.

Then again, I'm just questioning an odd logic choice in an already insane story when I should be questioning the dozens of little odd decisions they did with the game's interface.

Fraction posted:

During that godawful rope climbing scene (Leon's campaign, final chapter) is there any way to help your partner if you're playing as Helena?

I'm not sure HOW the gently caress that interface was supposed to work, but what I found worked very well:

Hold the left trigger
Double tap the right trigger, holding it the second time
Mirror the above repeatedly

Merely holding one trigger than squeezing the other and release did not seem to work for me. Only when I got the "double tap" thing down did that lovely interface actually work.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Does anyone feel like Resident Evil 6 has moved out of the action-horror category even and into outright Brawler territory? The way I've been playing it through in co-op, I feel like I'm playing a behind-the-shoulder Final Fight more than an RE game, with my guns being the backup "Oh no, I'm winded!" option. I'm not complaining, I love brawlers, but it's just such an.. odd direction.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 16, 2012