Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
He obviously had a Tyco Hi-Jacker as a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

Professor Bling posted:

:iiam:

e;fb, and what the holy gently caress is going on with that FB?

:downs: I know how to read, trust me.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

ijustam posted:

Is that 4Runner painted in bed liner?

That's a thing here in Southern Alberta and seems to be getting more and more common. Especially with hutterites.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Its not broken, its rotating weight reduction.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mighty Horse posted:

Looks like someone went to Discount tire.

(fuckers have so far stripped 3 lugs in 3 separate hubs out of 2 cars)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

veedubfreak posted:

Looks like someone went to Discount tire.

(fuckers have so far stripped 3 lugs in 3 separate hubs out of 2 cars)

They snapped one of my wheel studs on the Neon off last year. I know it happens sometimes but between that and their never improving service when it comes to the actual car (watched them drop a friend's truck half way off a lift) I just end up putting the car on stands and bringing the wheels to them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They snapped one of my wheel studs on the Neon off last year. I know it happens sometimes but between that and their never improving service when it comes to the actual car (watched them drop a friend's truck half way off a lift) I just end up putting the car on stands and bringing the wheels to them.

My problem is I don't have a 2nd vehicle to take my gear to them. I just make sure to double check all my lugs exist after each time. The first time, it was cold as gently caress so I didn't stand out and watch them, so they got away with it. Both times on the new car I was standing there watching them. They paid for both hubs to be replaced. Pretty sure they lost any sort of profit by having to pay for 2 300ish dollar repairs.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Mighty Horse posted:

I like the little skid mark left behind where this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfT64T170Sc&t=10s

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Can someone please tell me what's going on with this Fester's rear suspension? It's a good couple of inches too high at least. :iiam: Note: that's the owner in the background, who apparently wasn't in the least bit suprised to see someone photographing his car.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ooh I can answer that one I think - a uni buddy had one a little older, managed to unseat his rear springs being a twonk over speed bumps. They wedged at an odd angle that propped the rear up like that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

That's a thing here in Southern Alberta and seems to be getting more and more common. Especially with hutterites.

I have never in my life seen a Hutterite driving a modified car. Usually they're beat to poo poo Suburbans.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mighty Horse posted:

I saw a car with all four wheels having a broken stud. My theory was that someone broke his locking lug nuts off and stole his wheels as it was running on a set of four new-ish steel rims.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Put nothing but anti-theft lugs on! :downs:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

EightBit posted:

Put nothing but anti-theft lugs on! :downs:

Then drop it off at the shop and take your lug key with you! :downs::hf::downs:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DrPain posted:

Thoes are the best tickets ever! Customer comes back 4 hours later, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT DONE!? @$#$@$!!! Sir your lugnut key was not in the glove box. What follows is the phone call to the wife....

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have never in my life seen a Hutterite driving a modified car. Usually they're beat to poo poo Suburbans.

Your Hutterites are poor I guess.

Ones here probably don't drive anything other than a turbo diesel 4x4s that are 2009+ at worst. We're talking King Ranch poo poo.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

DrPain posted:

I like the ones that have lost the key they forgot they had and then show up later asking you to take the old set off and install a brand new set of the same things which are, naturally, keyed differently.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

slidebite posted:

Popular in the 80 series Land Cruiser world because when you remove the fender flares it leaves holes through the body and into the cab. Cover the holes from behind and bedline the arches/rocker. Works super well and looks good.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rugoberta Munchu fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 16, 2012

VCR 2.0
Oct 5, 2007
Oh god there's a 370z that rolls around my city with those rims, it's the worst. At least it kinda makes sense on that SUV. Still ugly as poo poo though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's an Impala locally with them as well. I really want to see how they hold up if they run into a curb.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

VCR 2.0 posted:

Oh god there's a 370z that rolls around my city with those rims, it's the worst. At least it kinda makes sense on that SUV. Still ugly as poo poo though.

Does it roll, or does it lurch/lumber around? Every time I see those I imagine the wheel going oval-shaped.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BlackMK4 posted:

Popular in the 80 series Land Cruiser world because when you remove the fender flares it leaves holes through the body and into the cab. Cover the holes from behind and bedline the arches/rocker. Works super well and looks good.

Is that to get extra room for big tyres? If so wouldn't it be easier to buy a base model without the flares?

Anyway I think this fits the thread

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Ooh I can answer that one I think - a uni buddy had one a little older
A uni buddy, is that like a mono cock? :haw:

That would make a certain amount of sense. The underpinnings are pretty much the same from '89 to '02.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I have horrible memories of the earlier mk2 festers, I had one, a 4 speed 957cc as my first hand-me-down car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

dissss posted:

Is that to get extra room for big tyres? If so wouldn't it be easier to buy a base model without the flares?

It looks like a lawnmower. :(

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

dissss posted:

Is this one just the small-ish wheels? Doesn't seem completely ridiculous if you've ever seen bro-trucks with tiny rear end stock tires.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Isn't it tied into some stupid Aussie rule about percentage increase in tyre size? Paging Ferremit...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

dissss posted:

All US 80 series Land Cruisers had flares; but yes, anything over a 33" tire would take off the flares during full bump and removing them helps a lot with clearance in tight trails. Mine got ripped off by trees. :v:

JP Money posted:

Is this one just the small-ish wheels? Doesn't seem completely ridiculous if you've ever seen bro-trucks with tiny rear end stock tires.

Yes, that looks like 32-33" tires on a 6"-ish lift. You can run 35" tires on a 2.5" lift if you're okay with some rubbing... and the axles will hold up flawlessly unless you've got a ton of extra power, floor it while hung up in reverse with the front wheels turned and axle locked, or are literally insane.

I miss mine, had a lot of fun with it.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 16, 2012

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bang Me Please posted:

I like the ones that have lost the key they forgot they had and then show up later asking you to take the old set off and install a brand new set of the same things which are, naturally, keyed differently.

Pretty much every tire place in the world has every possible lock anyway. At least gorilla locks. There's really no reason to spend the extra money on wheel locks other than to deter some shitheel kid who thinks he's a thug. Anyone who wants your wheels is gonna get them.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah wheel locks are worthless and cause more problems then they solve. I replaced the lock nuts with regular ones on my car the first time I took the wheels off; fortunately I had the key.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
I'm told smoking astro turf isn't as pleasant as it sounds.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Astroturf-Car-Mitsubishi-Magna-Executive-1998-4D-Sedan-Automatic-/230865180731

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I wonder what his other sets of wheels look like. :allears:

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I have that little action figure dude, but never knew what he was from.

Also...

The Blue L-Block
Oct 1, 2005
Tetris <3

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I have that little action figure dude, but never knew what he was from.

Also...

Ah, the Penny Farthing donk. Part of me wants to run up and give it a push to see if it rolls over.

I was going to take a picture of this ridiculous Beetle I saw last Friday. Big metal spoiler, flame decals, and dollar signs painted all over the windows. I shudder to think it was actually for sale. Unfortunately, I got distracted because I spent some time extricating this nice surprise someone left me in my driver's side door lock.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for someone to try to steal my car (95 Accord) :(

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Am I missing something or is there no driveshaft on that car?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
There also appears to be no steering and no tires. And for that matter no suspension.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's something a little weird about those wheels too, now that you mention it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not all that uncommon around here, but usually they at least take off the original spoiler before mounting the bookshelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder what it's like to work at the fake spoiler company and what you tell people you do when you meet them at parties.

"What'd you do today?"
"I designed a new fake spoiler that costs 30 cents less than the previous fake spoiler to produce."
"How much downforce does it provide?"
"What are you, a narc?"