Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
That is some hosed up poo poo there. Which break group was this with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

LumpyGumby posted:

I'm a huge Tyler Weiman Fan.

I'm only missing a few non 1/1s, I do have most of his base rookies and a smathering of plates and autos. I'm hoping to save up and buy one of his gamers from his time in the AHL.

Well, it wasn't an AHL jersey but it's close enough.

The best part? With the Meigray summer sale, it was cheaper than an authentic jersey from NHL.com.

I'm so happy. :3:
Edit: I can make my own shield cards now!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Awesome buy on the Jersey. Was looking at Meigrey's summer sale and there are some that are mighty tempting!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I see a Wolves jersey there for $150... Do you like Jacob Reilly? I dont know who that is. But he is/was a goalie I think. Look at all those puck marks.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

I see a Wolves jersey there for $150... Do you like Jacob Reilly? I dont know who that is. But he is/was a goalie I think. Look at all those puck marks.

Turd of a goalie who made a mockery of himself :). Already have gamers from a few of my favorite wolves over the years. I should post them up at some point.

astrobuck9
Oct 18, 2008
I'm selling off some stuff on eBay if anyone wants to take a gander:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/astro_buck9/m.html?item=160889313169&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'll be putting stuff up all week.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Put a photobucket together of my David Rundblad collection. It grows day by day https://www.photobucket.com/shifterdarkwolf

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Dominion Rundblad RPA /5 for $31? Someone must have been asleep at the switch, but i will take it :)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Dominion Rundblad RPA /5 for $31? Someone must have been asleep at the switch, but i will take it :)

That's a nice card. What's the patch look like?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

That's a nice card. What's the patch look like?

Nothing special, probably why it went cheap. 2 clr black and white piping. I'll still take it, a 1clr patch /5 shouldnt have gone for that. It was cheaper than most of the /199 versions heh.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Nice buy. I'm tracking some Dominion one color /199 Dmitry Orlov patch/autos and hoping they go similarly cheap, he's one of the 2 caps whose auto I want and don't have (gently caress the prices on Ovie autos).

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Did the Upper Deck No Purchase Necessary thing a few months ago, expected nothing. Got a 47/50 Claude Giroux SP Game Used Significance auto out of it. Nice surprise.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Gunjin posted:

he's one of the 2 caps whose auto I want and don't have (gently caress the prices on Ovie autos).

I got an Ovechkin/Chris Clark Be A Player dual auto for less than $30

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Been doing the 05-06 SP Game Used Patch set for a while now, just got these in.

So I've got 71 of the 98 released, here's a map.

If anyone has any please let me know, willing to spend a bit.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Ahahahaha the Mooterus on Guerin I love it

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

LumpyGumby posted:

Been doing the 05-06 SP Game Used Patch set for a while now, just got these in.

So I've got 71 of the 98 released, here's a map.

If anyone has any please let me know, willing to spend a bit.

I don't have any, but I can point you in the direction of a few. The following ebayer listed a few patches you need but they did not sell for him. He has Jeff Friesen (3clr) Patrick Elias (1clr) and Stephen Weiss (1clr). His ebay user ID is
icetiger_95 . Maybe you can work a deal out with him.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

That is an absolutely awesome set LumpyGumby.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I was on eBay doing random searches looking for something interesting or cheap (or both) and came upon this: an autographed picture of the fight between Ruslan Fedotenko and Colby Armstrong where Ruslan literally broke his hand punching Colby in the face.

Guy had a ridiculous buy it now which meant he had no idea what this was worth and had probably been sitting on it forever. Well, lucky for him I found it and lucky for me he accepted my super-low offer.

Now why would I bother to buy such a thing at any price? Well, because I have Colby's jersey from that fight :coal:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

I was on eBay doing random searches looking for something interesting or cheap (or both) and came upon this: an autographed picture of the fight between Ruslan Fedotenko and Colby Armstrong where Ruslan literally broke his hand punching Colby in the face.

Guy had a ridiculous buy it now which meant he had no idea what this was worth and had probably been sitting on it forever. Well, lucky for him I found it and lucky for me he accepted my super-low offer.

Now why would I bother to buy such a thing at any price? Well, because I have Colby's jersey from that fight :coal:

hahahh, nice..odd to see someone actually have a armstrong AND thrasher jersey to be happy about it..he was the most hated dude there. I still have hate for him.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I am surprised Armstrong signed that photo. I'd always imagine an NHLer would get butthurt if you tried to get them to sign a photo of them getting their rear end beat.

I have always wanted to try to get Evander Kane to sign a picture of him KOing Cookie for me, but now that he has hosed off to Winnipegistan,that dream is moot.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

I am surprised Armstrong signed that photo. I'd always imagine an NHLer would get butthurt if you tried to get them to sign a photo of them getting their rear end beat.

I have always wanted to try to get Evander Kane to sign a picture of him KOing Cookie for me, but now that he has hosed off to Winnipegistan,that dream is moot.

Part of me wants a signed picture of Ballard trying to chop Vokoun's head off.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

darkwolf220 posted:

I'll sign it for him. Probably could get the dog to sign too.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Won myself a Dominion Orlov Auto/"Patch"(it's a white/blue jersey seam, not a patch, but gently caress it, all the really good patches went above my budget and at least it's not 1 color) last night, $11. First hockey card I've gotten since my second kid was born, made it my birthday gift to myself.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Finally giving up on the delusion that I am going to be able to sell that Roy auto in the condition it is in and sending it back to Panini today. Hopefully they can find something of equal value for me, or at least kick me a tin of Dominion or something.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

Finally giving up on the delusion that I am going to be able to sell that Roy auto in the condition it is in and sending it back to Panini today. Hopefully they can find something of equal value for me, or at least kick me a tin of Dominion or something.

I hope you come out as far ahead as I did on my damaged Stajan card from UD, without the ridiculous long wait though.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Gunjin posted:

I hope you come out as far ahead as I did on my damaged Stajan card from UD, without the ridiculous long wait though.

I've got my ducks in a row as far as the waiting goes, it leaves today, Certified mail, will arrive in their offices by tuesday, have routing information the packaging to get it on the desk of the person it needs to go to who I talked to over the phone (same woman who handled my damaged box of Crown Royale). She said to include teams I collected since they won't be able to outright replace it, but you know, since when is any Coyotes card with the same as a Roy 1/1 auto? I guess if they have a shield laying around. Or one of those Prime Ties. They could send me the Rundblad Prime Ties, I'd call it even.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

I've got my ducks in a row as far as the waiting goes, it leaves today, Certified mail, will arrive in their offices by tuesday, have routing information the packaging to get it on the desk of the person it needs to go to who I talked to over the phone (same woman who handled my damaged box of Crown Royale). She said to include teams I collected since they won't be able to outright replace it, but you know, since when is any Coyotes card with the same as a Roy 1/1 auto? I guess if they have a shield laying around. Or one of those Prime Ties. They could send me the Rundblad Prime Ties, I'd call it even.

In exchange they'll provide you with every Coyotes card in the office.

All seven of them!

In other news I won http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181001882551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_785wt_1163

Sure is a nice card

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I called them today and after conversation I was offered my choice of a Patrick Roy 1/1 auto from Limited or a Shane Doan 1/1 auto from Limited...

If this is the best they can do, I will take the Roy and cut my losses, but considering Limited retails for half as much as Prime and the Limited auto is a sticker, I am expecting better. I moved it up the food chain and requested conversation with the customer service manager. Hopefully we get somewhere.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Maybe if they gave you both the Roy and the Doan from limited. Even then I'm not sure that'd be good enough.

Got my Orlov auto. First of the "High end"(Dominion/Cup) cards for me. loving hell that thing is thick, it's like 2 Artifacts. I'm quite happy for $11:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Gunjin posted:

Maybe if they gave you both the Roy and the Doan from limited. Even then I'm not sure that'd be good enough.

Got my Orlov auto. First of the "High end"(Dominion/Cup) cards for me. loving hell that thing is thick, it's like 2 Artifacts. I'm quite happy for $11:

It is nice Gunjin, and the Roy and Doan 1/1s from limited would probably fall into the $200-250 category, which I would take, but not be too awfully happy about I guess. It is hard because there is no real value that they can set on it, but my gut (and common sense) tells me that the Limited auto is worth at best 75% of the Prime auto, but probably less. I also don't want to seem like a jerk over the phone to them, but they are considering the two cards oranges to oranges when it is more like oranges to tangerines.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
poo poo, sticker/cut auto is never comparable to an on card, except where you just can't get an on card from the guy any more. Limited is a decent product, but Prime is better, and you shouldn't have to take a hit for their lovely packing out.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Took this time to reorganize my hockey card display case, about time to shake it up a little:

I put the majority of my higher end Rundblad collection in there. Only two cards held enough prestige with me to be included in the case despite being non-Coyotes players, the Sidney Crosby Private Signings and The Kipper UDS1 patch of all patches. Still can't believe they sold me that thing so cheaply :swoon:

I might redo my other wall display sometime soon, but most of the cases are for standard thickness cards and most of what comes out these days are high thickness cards.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
You really need to find the "R".

Surmy
May 25, 2010

That is pretty sweet Dark, I need to consider setting something up like that for my Sudbury Wolves stuff.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

They are fairly inexpensive online. I think I paid $70 for it. Locks and everything. Hanging it was a bitch

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

They are fairly inexpensive online. I think I paid $70 for it. Locks and everything. Hanging it was a bitch

Needs more lehtonen.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Needs more lehtonen.

Hey, I specifically traded for a Lehtonen, JUST FOR YOU, and you dont like it, so i don't want to hear it.

Also in the break I was in last night an Ed Belfour/Kari Lehtonen dual auto from Elite got opened. I did not have Dallas. Also worst tin of cup ever, 2clr Brendan Smith RPA (I got that) 1clr Roman Horak RPA, Daniel Sedin 1color jersey and 3clr Joe Vitale gold RPA /46. Hooray 4 $20 cards.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey, I specifically traded for a Lehtonen, JUST FOR YOU, and you dont like it, so i don't want to hear it.

Also in the break I was in last night an Ed Belfour/Kari Lehtonen dual auto from Elite got opened. I did not have Dallas. Also worst tin of cup ever, 2clr Brendan Smith RPA (I got that) 1clr Roman Horak RPA, Daniel Sedin 1color jersey and 3clr Joe Vitale gold RPA /46. Hooray 4 $20 cards.

It's elite. It's crap. And hey I never saw said lehtonen.

That sounds like a terrible the cup.. That product upsets me so much.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

It's elite. It's crap. And hey I never saw said lehtonen.

That sounds like a terrible the cup.. That product upsets me so much.

You never saw it because you said 'Crown Royale auto? ewww' and that was the end of it haha.

So I got on the line with Panini's CS manager and discussed why I didn't think a Roy Limited 1/1 auto was comparable to a Roy Prime 1/1 auto. We went back and forth a little, he informed me that typically the policy is if they can not replace the card, they would just send the original one back, but he was doing me a favor by coming up with alternatives. I asked him to reconsider as I have had the CS department at another trading card company work with me a little to make everyone happy. After that he put me on hold to go get my card and look at the damage. When he came back he said that he would be returning it to me as the damage isn't too bad, but he would add in a box of Prime to compensate for what was damaged and the trouble. I accepted. The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

You never saw it because you said 'Crown Royale auto? ewww' and that was the end of it haha.

So I got on the line with Panini's CS manager and discussed why I didn't think a Roy Limited 1/1 auto was comparable to a Roy Prime 1/1 auto. We went back and forth a little, he informed me that typically the policy is if they can not replace the card, they would just send the original one back, but he was doing me a favor by coming up with alternatives. I asked him to reconsider as I have had the CS department at another trading card company work with me a little to make everyone happy. After that he put me on hold to go get my card and look at the damage. When he came back he said that he would be returning it to me as the damage isn't too bad, but he would add in a box of Prime to compensate for what was damaged and the trouble. I accepted. The end.

Seems like a pretty decent middle ground. Lets you flip the card for whatever you can get for it(200-300 I guess?) and open another box of prime and hit me a nice Gudbranson.

• Locked thread