Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:buddy: SEE, I TOLD YOU I WAS A LAMBORGHINI, I AM!!!! :buddy:

@ 6:00 give or take http://www.bbcamerica.com/top-gear/videos/fiat-abarth/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

slidebite posted:

I believe it's functional, but holy gently caress its ugly.

Any idea about the louvers on the fenders?

They let high pressure air out of the wheel wells to reduce lift.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

Just in case it's not clear from the picture, he's not even in a parking spot. He parks in the area where the little ramp is for rolling things onto the sidewalk. I'm kind of impressed how far someone will go just to get the point across that they're an rear end in a top hat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I don't remember a character called Heez in Bubblegum Crisis.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I am vehemently against this person :colbert:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

InitialDave posted:

I don't remember a character called Heez in Bubblegum Crisis.

NO ANIMES IN CAR FORUMS!!!!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Ya less anime, more Marvel

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Aurune posted:

So, this trailer showed up today...

Something awesome was inside.

It's a Agera R!

Dive planes on the front for additional downforce. They're also the same awesome blue carbon fiber the stripes on the hood are. Depending on which way you look at them, they're blue or black. Once saw a whole Veyron in this color. It's a lot cooler in small doses.

The trunk / boot upfront is VERY small. Then again, it's big enough to fit the roof or a couple of bags of press material. So if you're looking for a family car. This is not the car for you.

With crazy doors you can open next to a curb! They're high enough a normal curb won't bother you. Actual millage may vary. The doors are VERY cool. They actually have a damper in them that means they can't "slam" open. You can throw them with all your strength or loose them in a gust of wind but they won't open that hard.

Inside is hard to see. It's mostly Alcantara with a splash of leather. Very luxurious. The back wall is white leather, amazing. You can also see the "blue" side of the carbon fiber from this angle. You can also see the door release button and they key slot. The key is a proximity fob, but just in case the battery is dead, there is a hole. Was not allowed to sit inside. The car isn't mine after all.

Twin tubo V8 putting out a piddly 1170 hp. If you look to the left of the gear box, the silver you see is the floor of the car. There is NOTHING back here but engine and frame. The weird crooked bar seemingly asymmetrically placed on top of the gear box / suspension housing is actually the antiroll bar equivalent.

Holy poo poo! It's Christian von Koenigsegg. Awesome guy, really into his car and it shows. He spent a lot of time just showing us everything about the car and answering all our silly questions about it. He had a dream and went for it. I really admire that and I'd love to buy a car off him but I'm not that rich.

The cap on the left is washer fluid. It has the Koenigsegg shield on it, but the picture washed it out. The brake cooling duct is kevlar. You can also see that the harnesses for the car apparently come with it. I was also told the wheel bearings are off a helicopter as they could not find a normal car bearing that was stiff enough.

Left parked next to a Prius. Somehow fitting. You can also see the blue stripes from this angle.

Today was a awesome day.
I know this was early in the thread but holy gently caress koenigseggs are nice.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

angryhampster posted:

Apparently they belong to some Japanese tycoon.
Also holy gently caress I didn't know real people actually owned CLK GTRs. What's that on the top? It looks like an F40/F50

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also holy gently caress I didn't know real people actually owned CLK GTRs. What's that on the top? It looks like an F40/F50

It's an F40 Competizione. Stupid light, stupid fast. Supremely awesome.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The silver one is an F40 Comp. too, that's some serious money in terms of cars.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

I know this was early in the thread but holy gently caress koenigseggs are nice.

I'm glad someone noticed the humble Agera. The major take away from that was really how much Christian loved his cars.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

HiddenReplaced posted:

Just in case it's not clear from the picture, he's not even in a parking spot. He parks in the area where the little ramp is for rolling things onto the sidewalk. I'm kind of impressed how far someone will go just to get the point across that they're an rear end in a top hat.

Just to clear this up for me, was that intended for the terrible car thread because of the way he parked, or is it in the awesome thread because that's some cool special edition Mustang I'm not familiar with yet? I've enjoyed Mustangs with rear window covers in the past (decades in the past) so I'm open to current ones, but that particular one isn't doing much for me, but I have no idea if that's some factory option on one of those crazy 800hp mustangs or something.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Q_res posted:

The silver one is an F40 Comp. too, that's some serious money in terms of cars.

If he owns both, and both are real, that's 20% of the worlds stock of F40C's. I wonder if one (or both) are the two badged F40LM before the remaining 8 were built as C's.

Or are they normal F40's rebuilt as LM/C's?

Either way, it's a few million dollars. Each, probably.

e- if I had to guess the blue one is a rebuilt F40 that he drives, the silver one being either an LM or C based on the fact that it still has plastic wrap on the seats.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 18, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Isn't the CLKs retail something ridiculous like a few mill too?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Isn't the CLKs retail something ridiculous like a few mill too?

The last one that I remember being advertised was asking $1.5 million but you'd be mad to pay that IMO.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

davebo posted:

Just to clear this up for me, was that intended for the terrible car thread because of the way he parked, or is it in the awesome thread because that's some cool special edition Mustang I'm not familiar with yet? I've enjoyed Mustangs with rear window covers in the past (decades in the past) so I'm open to current ones, but that particular one isn't doing much for me, but I have no idea if that's some factory option on one of those crazy 800hp mustangs or something.
The louvers are one of many customization options on the Mustang; you can change the grill, etc as well.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

:ninja: S13

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BlackMK4 posted:

I've seen this guy around a few times and talked to him but I finally felt like taking a couple of phone pictures.

(lol my white E46 way back there)

To curb the 'RICE!' posts...
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/117969-very-custom-996-gt2-rsr.html

Basically, the car is loving insane.

gently caress me, 840hp geared for 190mph?! That thing must loving hammer.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

HiddenReplaced posted:

It's not just the "ramp for rolling things onto the sidewalk"; I'm pretty sure he's parked in the handicap van offloading zone.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The louvers are one of many customization options on the Mustang; you can change the grill, etc as well.

You mean from the factory I assume? So as far as anyone can tell from that photo it's a 2013 V6 Mustang? They're fine cars don't get me wrong, I just wasn't sure if there was something awesome I wasn't picking up on.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

davebo posted:

You mean from the factory I assume? So as far as anyone can tell from that photo it's a 2013 V6 Mustang? They're fine cars don't get me wrong, I just wasn't sure if there was something awesome I wasn't picking up on.

Most of those upgrades aren't factory upgrades, but it's nothing you can't ask a dealer to do.

I'm not sure what kind of engine it is. There are no badges that indicate it's anything more than a V6, but I just can't imagine someone putting that much after-market stuff on a V6 Mustang.

In terms of looks, I think you'll get mixed opinions. The color scheme is nice, but the main reason I posted it was because what an insane piece of poo poo the owner must be to have a car that looks like that, that license plate, and then to park on the handicap ramp.

atomicthumbs posted:

It's not just the "ramp for rolling things onto the sidewalk"; I'm pretty sure he's parked in the handicap van offloading zone.

Wonderful.

HiddenReplaced fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 18, 2012

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

HiddenReplaced posted:

Most of those upgrades aren't factory upgrades, but it's nothing you can't ask a dealer to do.

I'm not sure what kind of engine it is. There are no badges that indicate it's anything more than a V6, but I just can't imagine someone putting that much after-market stuff on a V6 Mustang.

In terms of looks, I think you'll get mixed opinions. The color scheme is nice, but the main reason I posted it was because what an insane piece of poo poo the owner must be to have a car that looks like that, that license plate, and then to park on the handicap ramp.

Wonderful.

You're definitely in the wrong thread, this is the "post awesome AI car poo poo" not the "post horrible AI car poo poo" thread!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
So this showed up out of the blue in our uni workshop today, a Bugatti Type 35 to try and spruce the place up for Patrick Head's visit. Apologies for the awful phone camera quality.

Sweet positive camber on the front

This steering scares the hell out of me, but I'm told trucks use it quite commonly

The supercharged straight 8 producing as much power as my diesel econo-box

A bonus shot of our Harrier jet

And a shot of the interior. They're hidden behind the wheel but it has a couple of MSA scrutineering stickers on it, so it's seen the track fairly recently. I forgot to get a shot of it but the steering wheel is noticeably bent from the side like a taco.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Sweet car, but tell me more about your harrier. Does it fly or is it a display?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
That steering setup is still used in Jeeps (and other solid front axle 4x4s), with only slight linkage changes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

jammyozzy posted:

So this showed up out of the blue in our uni workshop today, a Bugatti Type 35 to try and spruce the place up for Patrick Head's visit. Apologies for the awful phone camera quality.

You're at Cov eh? Is it still shite?

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

IOwnCalculus posted:

Porsche is not known for making functional aero that always looks good.

Also, I wonder what the ratio of people who get the Cardinals plate "because it's black" is when compared to "because I like the Cards"... and I wonder how many of them know about the even more black 4H plate :v:

I've been seeing a lot of painted Card's plates to remove the bird. Not sure if thats legal?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

jammyozzy posted:

Is this the same thing as that Jay Leno video that was posted previously?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Saw an SLS the other day. I was on my lunch break and running late so I couldn't get a decent pic. First one I have seen in the wild.
It said Kleemann under the AMG....

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 18, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Preoptopus posted:

Saw an SLS the other day. I was on my lunch break and running late so I couldn't get a decent pic. First one I have seen in the wild.

That Kleemann badge can mean a lot of things. Kleemann is first and foremost a tuning company, they do engine upgrades for most Mercedes models (and I think BMW and Audi as well, now), as well as suspension upgrades and styling. Pretty similar to Brabus, actually.

They're based in Farum, right near Copenhagen, so we get more than our fair share of Kleemann-tuned cars around here :) One of my colleagues has a W211 E-class that's been breathed on by them, it's pretty gnarly.

I can't see any power upgrades for the SLS on their site though, so it's probably just because the owner bought a set of wheels or something from them.

E: VVV Well, darn. I must have missed that when I looked.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 18, 2012

Unreal Fantasy
Oct 18, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

here are kleeman's tuning options for the SLS upgrades to 800HP & 704ft-lbs torque

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Old Surly posted:

I've been seeing a lot of painted Card's plates to remove the bird. Not sure if thats legal?

I just saw the first one like that the other day, though it looked like a precision vinyl cut to cover all but the white outline.

I'd have ordered this already if it wouldn't cost me another $125/5yr to do so:

Digging through my server, I found this shot of what looked like an old Trans-Am car that someone brought to the Pavilions years ago:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

KozmoNaut posted:

That Kleemann badge can mean a lot of things. Kleemann is first and foremost a tuning company, they do engine upgrades for most Mercedes models (and I think BMW and Audi as well, now), as well as suspension upgrades and styling. Pretty similar to Brabus, actually.

They're based in Farum, right near Copenhagen, so we get more than our fair share of Kleemann-tuned cars around here :) One of my colleagues has a W211 E-class that's been breathed on by them, it's pretty gnarly.

I can't see any power upgrades for the SLS on their site though, so it's probably just because the owner bought a set of wheels or something from them.

E: VVV Well, darn. I must have missed that when I looked.

Ive known about Kleemann but what confuses me is this was taken in Madison Wisconsin, not really known to be a hotbed for supercars. Let alone tuner versions. If that was the real deal than holy poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Old Surly posted:

Probably not -- most places any changes to the plate, even if they don't affect the visibility of the numbering, are illegal. In Ontario, where we have white plates with blue lettering, it's even illegal to repaint the numbers blue when they start to wear off.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Found this parked next to my car yesterday.

Sagebrush posted:

Probably not -- most places any changes to the plate, even if they don't affect the visibility of the numbering, are illegal. In Ontario, where we have white plates with blue lettering, it's even illegal to repaint the numbers blue when they start to wear off.

Texas actually had a law that made it illegal to have anything that obscured the name of the state in any way. Which made a lot of license plate frames illegal.

They revised it in 2007, now as long as half of the state name is visible you're fine. Made for a lot of :tinfoil: reporting on the news though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 18, 2012

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

VikingSkull posted:

If he owns both, and both are real, that's 20% of the worlds stock of F40C's. I wonder if one (or both) are the two badged F40LM before the remaining 8 were built as C's.

Or are they normal F40's rebuilt as LM/C's?

Either way, it's a few million dollars. Each, probably.

e- if I had to guess the blue one is a rebuilt F40 that he drives, the silver one being either an LM or C based on the fact that it still has plastic wrap on the seats.

I don't know what the full story is, but I do know that I'd straight up kill anyone to have that car.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

The S13 'chasing down' the Lambo is much less impressive when paired with a picture of the very same S13 being chased by a Ford Focus.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

HiddenReplaced posted:

What you need to do is slip one of the notices from http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/ under his wiper next time you see him, well, parked like an rear end in a top hat. Links to PDFs to print out are on the "Give A Notice" page.
I always carry a few in my car - it helps vent the rage non-destructively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A friend of mine got brought to court for assault after using one of those. He lost and now has it on his criminal record.

Use them wisely and out of the range of security cameras.