Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bocc Kob posted:

Colt can play serious too. On one of his podcasts, they talked about how he turned heel at one show and tried to rape people during his match.

Apparently Ian Rottens response to that was "how about we turn you face again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

The_Rob posted:

Colt can play serious face just fine. His feud with Homicide was totally serious, and a pretty drat good feud as well.

Recent events probably mean Colt can't be in a feud where bleach is drank.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Punk Tweeted that Kevin Steen is holding up ROH by himself, so I guess whatever ill will there was between them is gone.

Steen mentioned in his recent Highspots shoot that there was some friction between the two in Steen's first run with RoH. Punk was one of the guys that didn't like Steen wrestling in a t-shirt and told him not to wear one before his match. Steen had already gotten the OK from Gabe to wear the shirt, but complied with Punk's request regardless.

After his match, Steen tells Punk "You happy now" in kind of a joking manner. Punk got mad and started yelling at him in front of the whole locker room about how disrespectful Steen was. They yelled at each other for a while before Steen realized it wasn't his place as the new guy in the locker room to argue with the top guy and with both being friends with Cabana, so he apologized and that was that.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I sure hope Punk saw the irony when Taker bitched about Punk's clothing after the Jeff Hardy feud.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

I sure hope Punk saw the irony when Taker bitched about Punk's clothing after the Jeff Hardy feud.

It's weird, I don't think I've ever seen Taker well-dressed behind the scenes, and his outfits over the years have been more casual (things like leather pants and the denim shirt he wore as Bikertaker) than Punk has ever worn in the ring. It seems like an odd thing for Taker to bitch about.

Punk's issues with Steen wearing a shirt are slightly more reasonable, to me anyway. I hate when guys wrestle in shirts, especially guys like Dreamer who would just wear generic poo poo that looked like he grabbed it from the merch booth on the way to the ring.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's weird, I don't think I've ever seen Taker well-dressed behind the scenes, and his outfits over the years have been more casual (things like leather pants and the denim shirt he wore as Bikertaker) than Punk has ever worn in the ring. It seems like an odd thing for Taker to bitch about.

Punk's issues with Steen wearing a shirt are slightly more reasonable, to me anyway. I hate when guys wrestle in shirts, especially guys like Dreamer who would just wear generic poo poo that looked like he grabbed it from the merch booth on the way to the ring.

But, dude.

SANDMAN.

Could you imagine Sandman in proper wrestling gear?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

But, dude.

SANDMAN.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I said "proper wrestling gear" not "fell backwards through Liberace's wardrobe".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now that's something I'll never unsee.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Who's the woman to the left of Brigitte Nielsen

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

Punk's issues with Steen wearing a shirt are slightly more reasonable

Really? Punk was being a 'sperg over something that doesn't really matter, in my opinion. Maybe all that admonishment from Raven about ring jackets rubbed off on him. The whole thing sounds more like Punk trying to big-dog a new guy than a legitimate grievance.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Raven was right though, wearing a jacket to the ring automatically makes you cooler.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CombineThresher posted:

Really? Punk was being a 'sperg over something that doesn't really matter, in my opinion. Maybe all that admonishment from Raven about ring jackets rubbed off on him. The whole thing sounds more like Punk trying to big-dog a new guy than a legitimate grievance.

Wrestlers wearing shirts bothers a lot of people in the wrestling business. It comes off as a person maybe not being confident with themselves.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Wrestlers wearing shirts bothers a lot of people in the wrestling business. It comes off as a person maybe not being confident with themselves.

Didn't Steen have like horrible chest acne most of the time.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

The_Rob posted:

Considering Steen's gut I wouldn't be surprised

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The_Rob posted:

On most people, it also looks pretty stupid as well. See the legendary "t-shirt matches" WWE has where everyone's wearing a shirt to represent their side, most recently the Team Teddy/Team Johnny match at Wrestlemania.

Fat people tend to wear shirts everywhere though, see fat people in hot tubs and Rey when he came back from injury.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Not to mention that Punk wrestled in basketball shorts until right before the WWE signed him, so he's really not qualified to judge what other people wrestle in. At least Steen always had a real singlet.

Bocc Kob posted:

Raven was right though, wearing a jacket to the ring automatically makes you cooler.

Agreed, but he still harps on it way too much.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hammond Edgar posted:

Steen mentioned in his recent Highspots shoot that there was some friction between the two in Steen's first run with RoH. Punk was one of the guys that didn't like Steen wrestling in a t-shirt and told him not to wear one before his match. Steen had already gotten the OK from Gabe to wear the shirt, but complied with Punk's request regardless.

After his match, Steen tells Punk "You happy now" in kind of a joking manner. Punk got mad and started yelling at him in front of the whole locker room about how disrespectful Steen was. They yelled at each other for a while before Steen realized it wasn't his place as the new guy in the locker room to argue with the top guy and with both being friends with Cabana, so he apologized and that was that.

I've never seen anything about bad feelings between Steen and Colt nowadays, he had him on Art of Wrestling a while back and they joked about how the first time Colt met him he asked him why he talked like a retard because he didn't realise English wasn't his native language.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

sportsgenius86 posted:

ECW was loving stupid. They should have given Fullington a Roy Batty gimmick.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Punk is awesome.

@CMPunk posted:

“@SportsFan198: @CMPunk going to be at the show tomorrow in reading pa I'm trying to get tickets for me and my nephew" http://ticketmaster.com

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
He's awesome except for the part where he's one of those annoying atheists who doesn't shut up about how much he doesn't believe in God.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's Sandman's ex-wife.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DannoMack posted:

He's awesome except for the part where he's one of those annoying atheists who doesn't shut up about how much he doesn't believe in God.

I promise we'll stop when we get our own leader of the free world.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

But, dude.

SANDMAN.

I'm not a big Sandman fan, but even a wifebeater would be fine on him. There's something about wearing an actual t-shirt that I don't like. For some reason I don't care as much about shorts/pants/tights but to me there's not much worse than a t-shirt with wrestling tights as in-ring gear no matter what body type. If you're wearing jeans, a sleeveless shirt of some kind is slightly more acceptable if it fits your character, but I can recognize/admit that's just me spergin.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not a big Sandman fan, but even a wifebeater would be fine on him. There's something about wearing an actual t-shirt that I don't like. For some reason I don't care as much about shorts/pants/tights but to me there's not much worse than a t-shirt with wrestling tights as in-ring gear no matter what body type.

I dunno, I'd much rather he keep the shirt on, personally.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TL posted:

I dunno, I'd much rather he keep the shirt on, personally.

Foley's a noted exception. Forgot about him (though I like his Mankind attire better).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Foley's a noted exception. Forgot about him (though I like his Mankind attire better).

Which one, because they were both shirts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's Sandman's ex-wife.

Whoa that's Lori?

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

DannoMack posted:

He definitely doesn't tweet about it that much.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Which one, because they were both shirts.

The original brown one. I know it's a shirt - Foley is an exception as I said. To me, the Mankind shirt is more cohesive with the rest of his attire, though. It has those leather bits that make it more like wrestling attire and not just random merch you'd see on a fan. Even the incarnation with the shirt/tie was different because, to me, it seemed like he was referencing Leatherface.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 20, 2012

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Boy did I pick a bad night to say Punk doesn't tweet about athiesism that much.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

quote:

@CMPunk: Turns out I'm not wrestling a lion Monday. Pulled out of the booking last minute.Demanded twice the agreed upon price. After all, he's lion.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I have to say, Punk may have the best tweets of any wrestler

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Boy did I pick a bad night to say Punk doesn't tweet about athiesism that much.

It's always in response to people harassing him, so I don't see it as a problem.

CM Punk posted:

“Did u know that God loves you?” So does sponge bob.

“Why are you obscessed with this? Why can't you just be atheist and leave it at that. Your being offensive and intollerant.” Unfollow me.

“THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD YOU FKING RETARD.I DONT KNOW WHY HE WASTED HIS TIME INVENTING UR DUMB rear end” Pure magic.

"and then they grow up to be a fing satanic motherfer like this ahole @cmpunk” There's no such thing as satan either. Sucker.

“@TheCynicsCorner: @CMPunk Stop being a dogmatic atheist. It's overdone and annoying.” Stop believing in a man in the sky. It's illogical.

And it's not like he only responds to religious harassment this way.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Punk's athiest prematch promo before he faced AJ Styles was a thing of beauty it must be said. "I don't spend my Sunday mornings nursing a hangover, sitting in a drafty building, praying to a god I know doesn't exist."

AJ looked a little too convincingly pissed about it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk
This "The Thing" remake/prequel is salted hot garbage.

Punk knows whats up when it comes to movies.
E:

quote:

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk
Dirt sheet "reporting" = fantasy booking. Also, reporting what I say on here as news is laughable. New headline: "we like to guess a lot".

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

dirtsheets. :rolleye:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Punk's athiest prematch promo before he faced AJ Styles was a thing of beauty it must be said. "I don't spend my Sunday mornings nursing a hangover, sitting in a drafty building, praying to a god I know doesn't exist."

AJ looked a little too convincingly pissed about it.

He played up the atheist bit a whole lot in his Raven feud too.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Uh oh CM Punk's gonna get banned!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Atticus Finch posted:

Uh oh CM Punk's gonna get banned!!!!!!!

I gotta tell ya I never thought I would see the day where a professional wrestler would disparage "The Dirtsheets".