Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I want to see that trio of Joe Gittleman's students again because they ruled.

Their cover of 7 Ways to Sunday on the last night fuckin' owned bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKImnqI2VtE

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I preferred them playing Storm Hit. Maybe that's cause Storm Hit is a Bosstones song we're probably never gonna hear live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHap51al_F0

edit: although this from 2 years ago ruled too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hfv0Wr6I0

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 13, 2012

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just found out about the Skarlatines, and they do some great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbg5wcmqjBY

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
According to Laila K the new Sonic Boom Six album won't be released in the US until next year. :(

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Dunno if anyone mentioned illScarlett, they're a "ska-punk" type of band. Pretty good stuff.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guppy posted:

According to Laila K the new Sonic Boom Six album won't be released in the US until next year. :(
I'm not sure I'm that interested in it based on the singles they've released so far. I like that they're always changing things up with their sound, but they've got a lot of dubstep influence right now and I really don't care for that at all.

Arcade Perfect and City of Thieves were really good, though. So maybe I'll be surprised.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
New Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra coming out soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIANrEcToRQ

Love that band, shame it's hard to find where to get their tracks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Their music is just not available in America. You have to import their CDs which is the dumbest poo poo. Digital age guys. Come on.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's probably going to be cheaper for me to import, considering Aussie electronic price gouging.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember buying a bunch of SkaPara CDs out of the Moon Ska bargain bins a few bands were taking on tour around 2004-05.

That's the only time I've found physical copies of their albums.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

iTunes used to carry a lot of their music but whoever owned the rights to distribute their music in the US lost them so now the only song you get when you search for them in any US digital music store is a live cover of Ska Me Crazy from 2004.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's all on Grooveshark, of course. I just wish there was a legal way to buy their music and support them other than importing at double the price.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
As I said above double your price means normal price for australians.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Psalmanazar posted:

As I said above double your price means normal price for australians.

And your minimum wage is double that of the US. We've all got problems bro, just listen to some ska and chillax.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

More music I've found on Spotify that I dig, most of which has been released in the past year or so:

The Anchorage - Bridges
The Beatdown - Walkin' Proud
Nerd Academy - Nerdicity
Prince Perry - Love At The End of the Century
The Rifffs - Moonstomp
Sao Paulo Ska Jazz
Mr. T-Bone & The Young Lions - Nothing to Lose
The Fundamentals - Get Alright
The Pinstripes - I

Music for all sorts of moods!!! Got so many waves in there you'll need a surfboard.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
Someone posted some new Streetlight songs that they played at the Toronto show last night. Sound quality is okay, I can't wait to hear the album versions. Who Hides the Night (Oh Me) is my favorite of the bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTUWNbWksc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeCTa0QUEw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCoUU5bZd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTHjS4BpVmg

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It might just be the audio quality playing tricks on me, but that second song has a serious Gimp vibe to it and it's kinda blowing my mind

JonnyRevolta
Dec 21, 2010
Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake show kicked so much rear end last night. First time seeing either band and they did not disappoint. The stage at 919 is tiny as poo poo though and so was the dance floor. Also my body hurts pretty much 100% from top down.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

goddamn The Three of Us is an awesome song

e: they all are, this album is going to be loving awesome

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 19, 2012

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
Better quality new song #3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u1P5sDS0Og

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

I really wanna hear that suicide machines cover from that show.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Sharon is Karen posted:

99 Songs of Revolution, Vol. 2 maybe.

Or maybe that will be on the Man Bites Dog volumes rather than the Streetlight ones.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Olibu posted:

99 Songs of Revolution, Vol. 2 maybe.

Hahahahaha, oh man.

Man. That's a good one. :smith:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharon is Karen posted:

What cover?

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Hahahahaha, oh man.

Man. That's a good one. :smith:

There was a time when what ended up being Somewhere In The Between was believed to never actually happen.

And Wintersun just released a new album, miracles are truly around us.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I am uncomfortably hyped for new Streetlight. I pre-ordered the mega bundle from the RISC store and I got bus tickets to Chicago months ago to see them on their tour.

I wish there was some kind of preview out there, I'm going nuts :ohdear:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Olibu posted:

There was a time when what ended up being Somewhere In The Between was believed to never actually happen.

And Wintersun just released a new album, miracles are truly around us.

When I think of a ska miracle, I think of a BTMI! + Streetlight Manifesto split album.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
Any other goons gonna be at the Lancaster Streetlight show tomorrow?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So this glorious thing exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f00I0GNdauE

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Dickeye posted:

What cover?

Hey Ska, if I had to guess. I remember them playing that on the Ska is Dead III tour.

Speaking of bands back from the dead, I went to Skalapalooza in Philly last night, and had a great time. And I'm going again on Sunday in NYC BECAUSE EDNA'S GOLDFISH, FUCKERS. I can't wait.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

When I think of a ska miracle, I think of a BTMI! + Streetlight Manifesto split album.

For me it would have been to be able to go on the Streetlight/Aquabats tour and see the encore where the Streetlight horn section comes out and backs up the Aquabats.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Anyone here gonna be at the Boston Skalapalooza?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Olibu posted:

For me it would have been to be able to go on the Streetlight/Aquabats tour and see the encore where the Streetlight horn section comes out and backs up the Aquabats.

There has been a grand total of one show near me from when they toured together.

I missed it cus I was so sick I could barely get out of the house. :smith:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Olibu posted:

And they play Idiot Box with all the horns.

These are my ska band dreams.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I approve of Reese Roper's new "Gordon Freeman" look

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

And Jeff's looking pretty good for 45

:allears:When I Go Out:allears:

e: i'm definitely taking a golf club to the show whenever the hell they finally come to NYC

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 22, 2012

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Obama Yo Mama posted:

e: i'm definitely taking a golf club to the show whenever the hell they finally come to NYC

Putter Mayhem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Streetlight album delayed cause Tomas is Tomas

The Short Version.
Both the Streetlight Manifesto album "The Hands That Thieve" and the Toh Kay companion album "The Hand That Thieves" are being pushed back to a later release date, presumably sometime in January, 2013.

The Long Version:
So, first off, I'd like to apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this record to come out as originally announced, on Nov 6th. I'd normally say "on behalf of everyone in Streetlight" but that'd be misleading. I am entirely and solely at fault for the delay of these records and I take full responsibilty for it. I simply put too much on my plate and lined up too many deadlines and tours, and I just couldn't finish everything in time, between writing, recording, planning and my now notorious but unavoidable tendency to remix, rewrite and, in general, redo everything a few times before it's "just right". We announced the album prematurely and in a rush because of a number of factors that lined up in August, and since then I was unable to meet some critical deadlines in order to get the records handed in in time for a Nov 6th release. As the time continued to tick by, I tried to line up a slightly later release date, but I failed in meeting the deadlines for that date as well. I was waiting to announce the delay until we had a certain, solid release date but that just hasn't happened yet for a number of reasons, so it's time to let the cat out of the bag: We're looking at January of 2013 as of now. As soon as I know anything, we'll be announcing it on our site and to try to make it up to you guys as best we can, all preorders will ship with a special gift, one that will hopefully ease the frustration of the prolonged wait.
In the meantime, we are on tour, playing a number of new songs from the album, and we'll be sharing live versions of the songs soon, as well as (finally) some proper samples from the record(s).
Once again, I humbly and whole heartedly apologize for the delay. I've let down our fans, and I've let down the other members of Streetlight, with my constant remixing, rewriting, starting again from scratch and making promises i end up unable to meet. I am sorry.

Thanks
Tomas