Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

venutolo posted:

Apparently he has been to the following places (probably not a complete list): Octopus Bar, Octane Coffee, Little Tart Bakeshop, Holeman & Finch, Star Provisions, Sweet Auburn Curb Market, Home Grown, Taco Veloz.

Anyway, The Optimist has been name (one of?) Esquire's best new restaurant(s?). I've only been once, but I loved it and am happy for ATL food.

that's a decent list, I can totally get behind it.

been trying to make it out to optimist the last couple weeks, but either had other stuff come up, or couldn't get a reservation. glad to hear it's good though, might try for saturday night this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
The Esquire article is a little confusing to me since it is titled "Best New Restaurants 2012" and names The Optimist "Restaurant of the Year", which I think really means best NEW restaurant of the year and not necessarily best restaurant period. The article is here if you are interested in reading it. There's a Houston restaurant in that list that I've been excited to try the next time I return home, so I am happy to see it on the list.

Anyway, good for Ford Fry. He's had a nice run of success in the last year or so. I loved The Optimist in my one visit and I also really loved No. 246 in Decatur (porchetta sandwich for lunch is pretty fantastic).

There's some nice photography of The Optimist at Savory Exposure. I can't recall any restaurant interior that I loved as much. The photographs on that blog are nice, but as good as they are, I don't think they capture the greatness of the interior when you're actually standing in it.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

My experience at the Optimist was severely disappointing. While our appetizer was great (clam roll with kimchi vinegar), the harissa on my tuna was metallic and terrible, turning the entire entree into a monotone, bitter mess. My date's grouper boil was better, but the shrimp were overcooked, and it certainly didn't live up to the price. I'm usually forgiving about food and just try to enjoy whatever ends up on the table, but the longer I reflect on that meal the more disappointed I am. We'll give it another try given the great press it's receiving.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
crosspost : I went to art smith's restaurant. all the other food I had was pretty good (biscuits mindblowing), but the ham...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465868&pagenumber=132&perpage=40#post408277827

oh god the ham....

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Holy crap that looks awesome.

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009
A new place called Buttlemilk Kitchen is opening up just down the road from my apartment complex tomorrow. Seems they are mainly focusing on Breakfast/Lunch with BYOB fried chicken dinners on Tuesday nights. http://blogs.ajc.com/food-and-more/2012/09/04/buttermilk-kitchen-opens-later-this-month/

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
You guys over the past couple weeks have been making banh mi look loving fantastic and I really want to try some. I have no idea what to try.

I'm given to understand that my best bet is Quoc Huong on Buford Highway - what should I order and how much will it be? I'll eat anything once, especially if it is spicy.

I looked at the menu online and have no goddamned idea what is anything so can you help point me in the right direction here?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Stalizard posted:

You guys over the past couple weeks have been making banh mi look loving fantastic and I really want to try some. I have no idea what to try.

I'm given to understand that my best bet is Quoc Huong on Buford Highway - what should I order and how much will it be? I'll eat anything once, especially if it is spicy.

I looked at the menu online and have no goddamned idea what is anything so can you help point me in the right direction here?

Yes, go to Quoc Huong. In my opinion it has the best banh mi, though there are a number of other places that I wouldn't argue with you if you thought were better. (This does not include Lee's. I think Lee's is utterly mediocre.)

Get the BBQ pork banh mi sandwiches. They should be $2.50 each (buy five, get one free). The only thing spicy on the sandwich is the jalapeno.

When I go, I usually order three BBQ pork and three of the "special" banh mis, for $12.50 total. I'll eat two or three while there and take the rest home. I also really enjoy their bubble teas, though they're not any different than any other Vietnamese place on BuHi. They also have some coconut drink that I adore. I forget what it is called on the menu, but it is the one that comes with a slice of coconut in your glass.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 8, 2012

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I really love quoc huong - my jam is their 'combination' one - it has some pate and ham or something, it's really good. I usually order a combination and a BBQ pork for about $6.

tied with quoc huong is viet tofu for me...

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

mindphlux posted:

I really love quoc huong - my jam is their 'combination' one - it has some pate and ham or something, it's really good. I usually order a combination and a BBQ pork for about $6.

tied with quoc huong is viet tofu for me...

Yeah that "combination" one is the "special" I refer to. I love it. Viet Tofu is great as well.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
So now that Le Coz is finally gone (again), I've been looking for a good French spot, something romantic for a date. Anyone ever been to Violette's? http://violetterestaurant.com/

:sigh: I miss the french onion soup and skate wing at Le Coz, though...

AHugeDickhead
Dec 8, 2008

venutolo posted:

Get the BBQ pork banh mi sandwiches. They should be $2.50 each (buy five, get one free). The only thing spicy on the sandwich is the jalapeno.

When I go, I usually order three BBQ pork and three of the "special" banh mis, for $12.50 total. I'll eat two or three while there and take the rest home.

Do these keep well refrigerated? I went for the first time Saturday, and loved the bbq pork. Unfortunately, it's about an hour drive from home and a half an hour from work, and not very economical even given the super low prices. If I bought 6, do you think they'd keep for a couple days?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

RHIN0002 posted:

Do these keep well refrigerated? I went for the first time Saturday, and loved the bbq pork. Unfortunately, it's about an hour drive from home and a half an hour from work, and not very economical even given the super low prices. If I bought 6, do you think they'd keep for a couple days?

They keep okay in the fridge. You're not going to get the roll back to where it was in the restaurant, but the meat and vegetables will be fine. When I get a bunch to take home I'll usually eat them over the course of two or three days. I just reheat them in a toaster oven, and they're still good, but not as great as fresh.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
It is now official that Chef Todd Ginsberg is leaving Bocado (other link). I love Bocado and have had the opportunity to chat with Chef Ginsberg a number of times, so I'm sad to see him go.

To celebrate both Bocado's third anniversary and celebrate Chef Ginsberg's time at Bocado, they're doing a $3 burger night next Wednesday.

The Creative Loafing and Eater blog posts aren't definite on where Chef Ginsberg is headed, but I actually spoke to Chef Ginsberg today (OMG INSIDER INFORMATION) as I was leaving lunch at Bocado and he said he'd be opening a Jewish deli near Emory (presumably The General Muir at Emory Point) next year.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have any opinions as to what the best (non-hamburger, non-banh mi, non-bbq) sandwiches in Atlanta are? I love sandwiches and would like to enjoy any great ones that I've missed.

Off the top of my head, my favorites are the Reuben at Star Provisions, the prosciutto sandwich at Bocado, and the porchetta sandwich at No. 246.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

RIP Super Pan's medio dia.

mickeymickey
Sep 13, 2004
punch me, i'm irish
Thanks to this thread I had a lovely dinner at Taka tonight. I just watched "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" on Netflix, so I had a hankering for sushi, and the fiance (who refuses to touch seafood of any kind despite my best efforts) was working late. Perfect opportunity! I sat at the bar and had the sashimi sampler and the spicy tuna roll, as well as miso soup. The sashimi sampler looked so good it made the guy next to me order one. Everything was really fresh and flavorful, and the octopus was nice and tender, not rubbery at all. The salmon absolutely melted in my mouth. The service was good too- my tea and water were never empty. Overall a very pleasant experience, I'd definitely go back.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
yeah, I gotta say, RIP super pan. hector was knocking it out of the park.

it's not really fancy, and I'm sure everyone has been - but I love havannah's cubans. I usually get some pollo croquettes and a tamale with it, and it makes for like two meals. drench it in mojo criollo and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Victory Sandwich Bar on Elizabeth St makes a mean 'witch. It's a pretty hipster joint and it's been a while since I've been there, but if I recall correctly, their Beast on Yeast is tasty and not too pricey.

Has anyone tried Bell St. Burritos, newly opened on Irwin St in the Old 4th Ward?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Safety Dance posted:

Victory Sandwich Bar on Elizabeth St makes a mean 'witch. It's a pretty hipster joint and it's been a while since I've been there, but if I recall correctly, their Beast on Yeast is tasty and not too pricey.

Has anyone tried Bell St. Burritos, newly opened on Irwin St in the Old 4th Ward?

I like the mini sandwiches at Victory, but don't love them. In my about half-dozen experiences there, the service has been horrible.

I haven't been the the new location on Irwin Street, but I have loved the Sweet Auburn and (now closed) Howell Mill location. They're my favorite burritos in town.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

venutolo posted:

I like the mini sandwiches at Victory, but don't love them. In my about half-dozen experiences there, the service has been horrible.

I haven't been the the new location on Irwin Street, but I have loved the Sweet Auburn and (now closed) Howell Mill location. They're my favorite burritos in town.

Katie swears by bell street. I've had their meat ones and they were pretty good, but she gets these green chile vegetarian ones, and I gotta say - they're pretty amazing for having no meat.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

mindphlux posted:

Katie swears by bell street. I've had their meat ones and they were pretty good, but she gets these green chile vegetarian ones, and I gotta say - they're pretty amazing for having no meat.

I might have to try this for lunch. I was trying to decide between a burrito and bibimbap from the place where OMG Taco used to be.

Edit: It's still OMG Taco. Google was wrong.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 17, 2012

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I'm traveling to Atlanta for the first time at the end of the month for a conference, so I have very limited amount of time to eat. I fly in late on a Wednesday night and leave on Friday at mid-day.

I'm staying at The W, Downtown(45 Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard) so I would prefer suggestions within walking distance.

I'm looking for suggestions for:
-Late night dinner/drinks on a Wednesday
-2 breakfasts within walking distance
-a great lunch,
-a quick lunch within walking distance of the conference (The Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd, NW)

I didn't include the dinner because it will probably be Holeman & Finch (any tips on getting a table?), but other suggestions are definitely welcome.

Also, are there any breweries in downtown Atlanta that I should check out?

I Love Topanga fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 18, 2012

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

I Love Topanga posted:

I'm traveling to Atlanta for the first time at the end of the month for a conference, so I have very limited amount of time to eat. I fly in late on a Wednesday night and leave on Friday at mid-day.

I'm staying at The W, Downtown(45 Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard) so I would prefer suggestions within walking distance.

-a great lunch,
-a quick lunch within walking distance of the conference (The Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd, NW)

Also, are there any breweries in downtown Atlanta that I should check out?

There's not much Downtown because Downtown is primarily businesses and hardly anyone lives there, so the population clears out after 5pm. There are a few restaurants, but they're nothing special or distinct to Atlanta, and the kind of things you'd find near where big conferences are held in any other city, such as a Morton's or a McCormick & Schmidt's.

Unless I'm forgetting something, there isn't much in the way of restaurants within a 10 minute walk of your hotel. Maybe a 15 minute walk away you'd find the restaurants in the Luckie-Marietta district (Stats, Max's Coal Oven Pizza, etc), but of the ones I've eaten at, they're nothing I'd particularly recommend.

If you were willing to travel a little further around Downtown, the only places I'd recommend are Reuben's Deli, Lunacy Black Market, and Sweet Auburn Curb Market, but I don't think they're within reasonable walking distance.

No breweries downtown. I'm sure the land would be way to expensive for the kind of space a brewery would need.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

User 37668 posted:

No breweries downtown. I'm sure the land would be way to expensive for the kind of space a brewery would need.

Isn't the 5 Seasons Brewery on Marietta St an actual brewery, or does that not count as downtown? There's also Gordon Biersch, but that's solidly in Midtown. (Sorry, I judge "downtown" based on walkability from Ga Tech, whereas I should judge it based on walkability from Ga State. Also, my concept of walkability is skewed because I like long walks.)

User 42846 posted:

-a great lunch,

Wednesday dinner/drinks: take a cab to 4th and Swift, H. Harper Station, or 2 Urban Licks. Of the three, H. Harper station is a little bit more of a haul but it gets my recommendation.

Breakfasts: Have one at the hotel. If that doesn't suck, then hooray! If it does, then you're driving for anything worthwhile or grabbing something from the CNN Center, which has an okay food court and is part of the GWCC complex.

Quick lunch: CNN Center unless you're trying to impress a client or something.

Great Certainly pretty good lunch: Check out the No Mas Cantina, which is in the Castleberry Hill neighborhood. There's a decent sushi place there too. Probably a 30 minute walk / 5 minute drive from where you are.

Edit: If you want to walk around and explore, definitely stay east of Northside Drive and north of MKL for the most part (exception: Castleberry Hill, which is mostly artists nowadays). You're in a nice section of town, but it gets un-nice pretty rapidly in those directions.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 18, 2012

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009
My family is hitting up Canoe tomorrow for my dad's birthday. Anyone have any dishes they recommend?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Safety Dance posted:

Isn't the 5 Seasons Brewery on Marietta St an actual brewery, or does that not count as downtown? There's also Gordon Biersch, but that's solidly in Midtown. (Sorry, I judge "downtown" based on walkability from Ga Tech, whereas I should judge it based on walkability from Ga State. Also, my concept of walkability is skewed because I like long walks.)
5 Seasons is a brew pub, which does have a brewery, but I assumed the person was interested in touring a brewery that packages and sells their beer (like SweetWater). I don't know that you can actually tour the brewery section of 5 Seasons. 5 Seasons is in West Midtown, not Downtown.

Creative Loafing has a recent write up of dining at The Optimist. The two entrees discussed in the article are the two I've had and rather enjoyed.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 19, 2012

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Monday Night Brewing actually just opened a location on the Westside, but I don't think their tours are going yet. I can't remember exactly where it is either, even though I drove by it not too long ago (I work over in that area, right near Tech).

Highland Bakery's pretty good for breakfast if you're willing to go a little ways.

quote:

My family is hitting up Canoe tomorrow for my dad's birthday. Anyone have any dishes they recommend?

My boyfriend took me to Canoe last year for my birthday :) Their game dishes are pretty awesome. The rabbit that's on the menu on the website right now looks great. However, it does say Summer 2012 and I don't know if they've switched over to a winter or fall menu. I can't remember exactly because my memory is poo poo, but I had some kind of game bird when we were there, I think maybe pheasant. We also had the smoked salmon appetizer and it was great.

Hope you enjoy it! I love Canoe.

And while I'm here, I might as well plug Muss & Turner's over in Smyrna. They're contemporary American (although they do occasionally have other stuff- I had an amazing Thai curry dish once), and they serve mostly local stuff; the menu changes every few weeks. I've never had a disappointing meal there, although I will say that their sandwiches and burgers are just pretty good- the entrees are really what shine. I love it, and we end up taking all our friends there. Took my dad to brunch last weekend for his birthday, which was the first time we'd done their brunch, and it was also quite good. One of these days I want to do their cheese tasting and charcuterie, but we're usually too busy ordering everything else under the drat sun :mad:

And last weekend, they had this really interesting beer that I tried:

The label's a little hard to see but it's fermented with Roma tomatoes and spiced with dill, horseradish, peppercorns, and celery seed. http://www.shortsbrewing.com/beer/our-portfolio/specialty-beers/bloody-beer/ Very good, very different.

Has anyone been to Miller Union? I keep wanting to go there, and it's not far from my office.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
whelp,

I ate at the optimist and was not very impressed. it was crowded as gently caress at 9:30 on a Wednesday (my bday! hurray), and we still had to wait over 40 minutes for our 9:30 reservation. The bar was out of the first two wines I ordered while waiting - and to be honest if I'm eating at a place where the entrees are approaching $30, and I have to wait 40 minutes for my (already pretty late) reservation, I sort of expect them to at least offer me a drink or something. Not sure if that's just me bein a lil bitchy, but I feel like I'm normally a pretty nice and reasonable dining patron, having worked in the industry and all.

So anyways, I finally got a $10 glass of wine that I was definitely not enthusiastic about, which I'm sure didn't really set the tone right for me, but I brushed it off and we eventually got seated.

Service is a little awkward and ignores us for a while, but finally dudeman our age comes over. We put in our orders for like $80 worth of food, and then order a $40 bottle of wine, and our server asks to see ID. Fine, it's my birthday! I'm turning 29, I'd love to show you my ID! Waiter dude doesn't even notice, which is fine I mean I only look at the year too, but then goes to my girl and whoooopppppppsss she left her ID at home. I'm like 'man, it's my birthday, I'm 29, she's 27, we just got engaged, look here's the ring - can you just give us a pass' and he's (I guess understandably) like no. he offers to get a manager, goes off, comes back without a word and pretty rudely swoops her wine glass off the table and then the manager comes up and is like 'no, sorry, you need photo ID.'

Though I understand that's the law and they could get hosed for exceptions, I'm ready to leave at that point. but, girl is like no it's fine I don't care. I ordered the bottle of wine anyways, the food was all pretty good, but nothing earthshattering or very interesting - just well cooked fish mostly. bill was like $130 before tip.

I don't know, I try not to let a single bad incident color my perceptions of a place, but they failed on pretty much every level save food, and that wasn't really memorable, so doubt I'll be going back. sucks. :(

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

mindphlux posted:

whelp,

I ate at the optimist and was not very impressed. it was crowded as gently caress at 9:30 on a Wednesday (my bday! hurray), and we still had to wait over 40 minutes for our 9:30 reservation. The bar was out of the first two wines I ordered while waiting - and to be honest if I'm eating at a place where the entrees are approaching $30, and I have to wait 40 minutes for my (already pretty late) reservation, I sort of expect them to at least offer me a drink or something. Not sure if that's just me bein a lil bitchy, but I feel like I'm normally a pretty nice and reasonable dining patron, having worked in the industry and all.

So anyways, I finally got a $10 glass of wine that I was definitely not enthusiastic about, which I'm sure didn't really set the tone right for me, but I brushed it off and we eventually got seated.

Service is a little awkward and ignores us for a while, but finally dudeman our age comes over. We put in our orders for like $80 worth of food, and then order a $40 bottle of wine, and our server asks to see ID. Fine, it's my birthday! I'm turning 29, I'd love to show you my ID! Waiter dude doesn't even notice, which is fine I mean I only look at the year too, but then goes to my girl and whoooopppppppsss she left her ID at home. I'm like 'man, it's my birthday, I'm 29, she's 27, we just got engaged, look here's the ring - can you just give us a pass' and he's (I guess understandably) like no. he offers to get a manager, goes off, comes back without a word and pretty rudely swoops her wine glass off the table and then the manager comes up and is like 'no, sorry, you need photo ID.'

Though I understand that's the law and they could get hosed for exceptions, I'm ready to leave at that point. but, girl is like no it's fine I don't care. I ordered the bottle of wine anyways, the food was all pretty good, but nothing earthshattering or very interesting - just well cooked fish mostly. bill was like $130 before tip.

I don't know, I try not to let a single bad incident color my perceptions of a place, but they failed on pretty much every level save food, and that wasn't really memorable, so doubt I'll be going back. sucks. :(

Everything else is about what I would expect from The Newest Trendy Place to Eat, but you really can't justify getting mad at a new restaurant for refusing to break a law that could get their liquor license revoked. It's pretty lovely to leave your ID at home and then get angry at someone because they won't give you booze. That's not bad service.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Sounds like the service wasn't good, which is too bad, but I don't think you can complain about them not serving alcohol to someone without an ID.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
yeah, I know. :( and I'm not complaining about that. it was just how our server handled it really, and it generally being a perfect storm of lovely luck. I don't think we've been carded in a year or so at a restaurant. particularly not a nicer one.

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
It's more about going to a new place than being refused. I rarely get carded, but at the places I'm a regular my guests aren't ever carded either. Not that it matters to me, but it goes along with the territory of going to a new, packed place with a bunch of unfamiliar people. I think poor services tends to be part of that package, unfortunately, as well.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Does anyone know of a good butcher on the west/northwest side of town? Patak is of course awesome but their hours suck and I just can't get there during the week because of work. I'm looking for a real butcher where I can go and say "I want x cut" and he will get it for me. I do know of one in Woodstock but that's more than an hour away from me.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum

Powdered Toast Man posted:

Does anyone know of a good butcher on the west/northwest side of town? Patak is of course awesome but their hours suck and I just can't get there during the week because of work. I'm looking for a real butcher where I can go and say "I want x cut" and he will get it for me. I do know of one in Woodstock but that's more than an hour away from me.

There is a place called weinerz (lol) on atlanta rd just north on windy hill that i use a lot. The owner is even related to the guy that runs patak, i believe. I get some amazing pork bellies and other miscellaneous cuts from them. Some stuff you have to order ahead of time, but the guys know their stuff, and are always ridiculously excited to see the bacon/sausages I've made. They even slice my 30+ lbs of bacon for free.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
poo poo, that's right around the corner from me and I didn't even know it was there. I don't go down that stretch of Atlanta Road much because there's not really anything important there...except for this guy. :v:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
hey so I went to the place that took over the Las Palmeras space on 5th street tonight.

it was amazing.

talked with the owner for a bit, apparently they bought out the space after the owners of Las Palmeras retired, and kept/improved upon their recipes. it was a bit more expensive, but still pretty reasonable - 10-15 for entrees with side dishes.

I had the oxtail, and I honestly have to say, it was the best oxtail I've ever had. I got it on a whim not expecting much, but it blew me away. sides were well done too, except the tostones I had :/ the yucca frita though, with their bottles of house made mojo - my god that was good. they said they kept the las palmeras chicken recipe, and the chicken I had at las palmeras was absolutely superb, so I suspect that's good too.

anyways the new place is called cruzado, definitely worth considering for a cheapish dinner option.

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009
Not really surprising and a bit old (I just heard about it), but Five Napkin Burger shut it's doors after just 12 months. Guess serving overpriced burgers in a market saturated with hamburger joints is a bit tough. Seems that the whole corner of 10th and Piedmont has the toughest luck with local businesses lately.

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

WaterIsPoison posted:

Not really surprising and a bit old (I just heard about it), but Five Napkin Burger shut it's doors after just 12 months. Guess serving overpriced burgers in a market saturated with hamburger joints is a bit tough. Seems that the whole corner of 10th and Piedmont has the toughest luck with local businesses lately.

ESS is a block and a half away and is doing fine.

The Flying biscuit is also doing great, though I'm not a huge fan of their food they are extremely popular.

It isn't tough luck with local businesses, it's tough luck with bad business plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angst emotion
Mar 14, 2007
whut iz truf?
Thread, can you recommend a place for dim sum? I'm assuming somewhere on Buford Highway, but I haven't been out that way for a few years.