Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
So I've been listening a bit to the new Dead When I Found Her album. If it would have been only the track New Age of Reason it would have been a masterpiece. And now you get eleven more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just saw Imperative Reaction in Toronto tonight ... and while they were outstanding, best I've seen them (third time), it was so depressing. Like maybe 60 people tops.

Opening, Everything Goes Cold were pretty drat great too.

edit: Also, who is Evan Patterson (the drummer) and why is he a big deal? Google is confusing me further. On YouTube footage he looks like he's 15.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 23, 2012

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Just saw Imperative Reaction in Toronto tonight ... and while they were outstanding, best I've seen them (third time), it was so depressing. Like maybe 60 people tops.

edit: Also, who is Evan Patterson (the drummer) and why is he a big deal? Google is confusing me further. On YouTube footage he looks like he's 15.

This is what the Denver IR show was like. They tried hard to get the crowd into it.. but we didn't know the words well enough.

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!

teethgrinder posted:

He is 15. He's just a fan who has gotten to drum live with Imperative Reaction and Aesthetic Perfection. Not sure why he's a big deal, but good for him.

Imperative Reaction is playing with Assemblage in NYC this Friday, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up there. :( I've only seen a short set when they played at the Triton Festival a couple years ago. I used to find them rather monotonous (and still do to a small extent), but they're one of the more enjoyable bands out there for me. If I can't make it i'll just see A23 at a closer show on Sunday, because Tom Shear is the loving man. I know quite a few people on here were complaining about Compass, etc - but he has yet to dissapoint (:rimshot:) me.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I was listening to Imperative Reaction years and years ago when he had just released a handful of songs and the fan base was like 3 people, nothing has changed, it is indeed really depressing. I've never been in a position to be able to see them which is even more depressing. :(

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

teethgrinder posted:

I'm not a big IR fan but they rocked the gently caress out last night. Seriously killer show.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

somethingwicked posted:

Imperative Reaction is playing with Assemblage in NYC this Friday, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up there. :( I've only seen a short set when they played at the Triton Festival a couple years ago. I used to find them rather monotonous (and still do to a small extent), but they're one of the more enjoyable bands out there for me. If I can't make it i'll just see A23 at a closer show on Sunday, because Tom Shear is the loving man. I know quite a few people on here were complaining about Compass, etc - but he has yet to dissapoint (:rimshot:) me.
I caught an Assemblage 23 show last week and the Compass er Bruise songs are sounding really good live. Plus, Shear has a drummer who adds a lot to the show. And there's great visuals. Either way, see them.

Imperative Reaction puts in a lot of effort. I saw them at a dingy club in San Antonio (with a small crowd) on a weekday night a little ways back, and they overplayed the industrial crotch-rock to its fullest. That was nice I guess, and they seem like great guys. But they were still doing a massive and probably exhausting tour with 30+ dates that ... had them playing in a dingy club in San Antonio on a weekday night.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 23, 2012

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
A23 will be in Denver soon, and I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I used to like them a lot, but then just kind of fell out of sync with new stuff that had come out. Defiance was the last album I bought. I had heard that the live show was basically Tom Shear standing still, starting his sequencer and just singing.. Not much of a live show. Was that incorrect, or maybe has his live style changed over the past 6 years?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

deong posted:

A23 will be in Denver soon, and I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I used to like them a lot, but then just kind of fell out of sync with new stuff that had come out. Defiance was the last album I bought. I had heard that the live show was basically Tom Shear standing still, starting his sequencer and just singing.. Not much of a live show. Was that incorrect, or maybe has his live style changed over the past 6 years?

I don't like A23 at all but when I saw them live they put on a great loving live show.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

deong posted:

He makes VNV Nation look like lame imitators.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The most recent A23 release, Bruise, is loving awesome.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Forget Compass was ever made, Bruise is totally boss.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

edit double post

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Well, because of y'all, I just got my ticket to A23. I hope your happy.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Surprised he's completely skipping Canada. I'd love to see him again.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Thanks for the A23 heads up! Ima go to Indy!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A friend of mine's seeing A23 with XUBERX, I'll have to ask how they were.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
There isn't any other fitting thread for goth-electro.

I've been listening to Linea Aspera quite a bit lately. Maybe some of you folks would enjoy it. It has a bleak, old school goth feel to it with some electronic beats. I dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JplpqHkPw

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
On a similar note to the above, Sixth June are really loving good

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

On a similar note to the above, Sixth June are really loving good

It took all of, literally, 2 seconds for me to realize this was amazing.

"Robert"
May 24, 2001

The Go-To Guy for Kitten Pics
:q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2ViWd6uVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsOn8d7khI

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Just finished my first full length album for my solo project IIO. Older industrial styled music and yes I listen to a lot of Skinny Puppy and you'll hear a lot of their influence in the album.

I was thinking of trying to get it on GBS but I wanted to run it by you guys first. I put it up for free on Soundcloud and Bandcamp if you guys are interested and want to take a listen.

Bandcamp
http://iiomusic.bandcamp.com/album/reflect

Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/iio-industrial/sets/reflect/

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Konstruct posted:

Just finished my first full length album for my solo project IIO. Older industrial styled music and yes I listen to a lot of Skinny Puppy and you'll hear a lot of their influence in the album.

I was thinking of trying to get it on GBS but I wanted to run it by you guys first. I put it up for free on Soundcloud and Bandcamp if you guys are interested and want to take a listen.

Bandcamp
http://iiomusic.bandcamp.com/album/reflect

Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/iio-industrial/sets/reflect/

Awesome! I really liked your debut EP and I'm excited to hear more from you. Downloaded this in the morning but didn't have a chance to start listening until now - I'm just five songs in currently, but this is sounding fantastic. I can definitely hear the Skinny Puppy influences, but for some reason your music reminds me of more of early-ish Project Pitchfork (maybe it's the melodies and general synthiness?) and, especially in the vocals department, early Terminal Choice. Good stuff.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Awesome! I really liked your debut EP and I'm excited to hear more from you. Downloaded this in the morning but didn't have a chance to start listening until now - I'm just five songs in currently, but this is sounding fantastic. I can definitely hear the Skinny Puppy influences, but for some reason your music reminds me of more of early-ish Project Pitchfork (maybe it's the melodies and general synthiness?) and, especially in the vocals department, early Terminal Choice. Good stuff.

Thanks for the kind words. I've heard someone else describe my tone similar to Terminal Choice which is funny since I never listened to them before. Once again I greatly appreciate you taking time to listen to the album. Makes it all worth while.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjoBbOmSb70
Figured I'd post this here since MIAB/THYX discussion goes on in this thread. This track sounds simply wonderful. Also, the lego version of Stefan Poiss & his robot voice gets a laugh out of me.

Phoenixan fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 6, 2012

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!

Phoenixan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjoBbOmSb70
Figured I'd post this here since MIAB/THYX discussion goes on in this thread. This track sounds simply wonderful. Also, the lego version of Stefan Poiss & his robot voice gets a laugh out of me.

Thanks for posting this, I had been waiting for him to release this track. The song is awesome.. I love that man. :allears:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I didn't see anyone else mention it, and I completely forgot about it too, but the new Chiasm album, 11:11, came out a few weeks ago. I haven't really given it a concentrated listen yet, but I've gone through it a couple times and I'm liking it a lot more than her previous work. There's a video for the first track, Petals.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Armor-Piercing posted:

I didn't see anyone else mention it, and I completely forgot about it too, but the new Chiasm album, 11:11, came out a few weeks ago. I haven't really given it a concentrated listen yet, but I've gone through it a couple times and I'm liking it a lot more than her previous work. There's a video for the first track, Petals.

Thanks, this slipped under my radar as well. Isolated was one of my most favorite electro-industrial songs ever, I hope she can bring something equally awesome.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
This is a weird question, but awhile back I bought Mortiis's The Smell of Rain, which I love, but I got it ordered by a local record store, since I like hard copies of albums and I like giving them some business. When I went to pick it up, another customer asked what sort of music it was, and I was at kind of a loss for a genre name. For some reason that question's been rattling around in my brain, and I found a review that suggests "gothic industrial dance", which is about as close as I can come up with; any ideas?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm not familiar with Mortiis. Looking at the Wiki discography, um, where should I start? I listened to a few youtube videos and it sounds decent.

Last night I went and saw A23. Pretty good show, he played a good mix of the old and the new songs. I was big into them up through storm, then kind of lost track of anything new that he had put out.

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
I use the term Gothic Dance Music when asked about it, it was the easiest way I could convey it. Mortiis is a little tricky. His old albums are basically soundtracks to AD&D, and his new ones are Nine Inch Nails light.

kangal
Mar 16, 2003

Pissed off at numbers.

Pope Guilty posted:

A friend of mine's seeing A23 with XUBERX, I'll have to ask how they were.

Pretty awesome; Tom Shear had a cold but he goofed on it and it didn't really take anything away from his performance. I missed XUBERX.

kangal
Mar 16, 2003

Pissed off at numbers.
It occurs to me I should leave this here:

http://soundcloud.com/daoctopusss

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

kangal posted:

It occurs to me I should leave this here:

http://soundcloud.com/daoctopusss

Loving this, thanks for sharing

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

deong posted:

I'm not familiar with Mortiis. Looking at the Wiki discography, um, where should I start? I listened to a few youtube videos and it sounds decent.

Last night I went and saw A23. Pretty good show, he played a good mix of the old and the new songs. I was big into them up through storm, then kind of lost track of anything new that he had put out.

gently caress, I missed him playing at Elysium. :smith:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Judging by the first couple of tracks, y'all should definitely buy the AirMech soundtrack by FLA. I'm just a couple of tracks in and poo poo is sounding really good. Reminds me a lot of [FLA]vour of the Weak sound-wise, except with just a dash of dubsteppy influences thrown in.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ok, make that quite a bit of dubsteppy influences, but :sbahj: this is some fresh goddamn poo poo you guys

e: this album is so loving incredible aaaaaargh :negative: Everything That Was Before might be the best FLA track ever, I'm just saying

e2: Eveyrone who doesn't buy this album and gush the gently caress about it is a goddamn retard

e3: gently caress it, I'm buying the CD as well because FLA can have all my money

e4: I AM FREAKING THE gently caress OUT BECAUSE OF THIS RECORD JDSUS CHRIST

e5: currently alternating between :aaaaa: and :hellyeah: and just the biggest poo poo-eating grin ever

e6: if this doesn't end up on some loving albums of the year lists I will probably just start murdering people

e7: this is the game changer guys, this is it

e8: literally everything in this world is poo poo apart from AirMech

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 14, 2012

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Well I guess that I should check that out.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

FLA are my favourite ever of all time ever so I'm totally STOKED for a good FLA release after Improvised Electronic Disappointment soooooo gonna jump on that now.

[edit]

Metropolis online store posted:

We're sorry, but digital products are only available to billing addresses in the US and Canada.

:what:

[edit]

AND IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ON AMAZON MP3 TILL 16TH NOV WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Furret Basket posted:

FLA are my favourite ever of all time ever so I'm totally STOKED for a good FLA release after Improvised Electronic Disappointment soooooo gonna jump on that now.

[edit]

:what:

[edit]

AND IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ON AMAZON MP3 TILL 16TH NOV WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You can buy it on Steam, I did. You'll need to download the game too but whatever, I hear it's pretty good.