Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

fondue posted:

The 1.4 pre-release is out now.

Goonimati has been running the pre-releases for a few weeks now, hop on over to check things out if you don't mine a little chaos.

Why do I get a "A Java exception has occurred" error when I try to open this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kas posted:

:wooper: PAINTERLY PACK UPDATE :wooper:

As is tradition around these parts, with a new minecraft update comes a new painterly pack update. :) This patch adds all the 1.4 stuff with the massive variety of options you should expect by now, a few community updates, and finalizes all the prep work on the old code base before we move to the new back-end code (which will allow, finally, proper mod support for painterly).

Here's a preview so big, for an update so big, that this image doesn't even cover all the new graphics added:

Included this time around are:
- New paintings files for every existing paintings file, to accomodate the new 2x2 painting.
- Wither status condition GUI item.
- 1.4 particle effects included in particle effects options.
- 1.4 health bars updated to show withered health in normal and hardcore modes.
- Zombies and Zombie Pigmen updated to 1.4 compatibility.
- Beacon GUI added.
- 4 Variants on the Repair GUI added, including light and dark labels, and with or without icons.
- Updated Creeper armor file.
- Added black and red Wither armor files.
- Updated all existing cloth armor options for new dye option - all armors available in both original and dyeable forms.
- 6 variants on Wither - black and red classic skeleton, 3-eyed skeleton, and glowing eye skeleton.
- Witch available in all standard villager types as well as alternate universe Zoidberg villager.
- 6 variant bats - brown bats, grey bats, castlevania bats, bat skeletons, zubats, and batman.
- Updated wolves to accept dyed collars.
- 36 variants of zombie villager to allow all applicable zombie and villager combinations for heads.
- 14 variants on Wither Skeleton - black and red in all standard skeleton models, plus a couple 3-eyed variants.
- Mask/Head items added for all variants of zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton and creeper.
- 3 player Mask/Head options - Steve, anonymous, and smiley.
- Added Pearl ender pearl/eye of ender/ender chest options by Fuzzball Fox.
- Added box ender chest option by Fuzzball Fox.
- Added lament configuration ender chest option by thehengeprophet.
- Added palantir eye of ender by Roger Hughes.
- Added alternate pine sapling, smooth-style sandstone, mirrored-faced jack-o-lantern, and geared dungeon piston back sprites by ZennyGil.
- 13 variants on item frame backgrounds, including classic, leather, cloth and crushed velvet in a variety of colours.
- 3 types pf ground crops growth - plants, flowering plants, and leafy growth.
- 5 types of ground crops - carrot, potato, beet, turnip, and strawberry, available for both types of ground crop.
- Gold crop, crop on a stick, poison crop and cooked crop for all 5 types of ground crops.
- 11 variants on pumpkin pie to match all types of pumpkin options, including rock and snowman pies.
- 10 variants on the nether star, including classic, skullpiles, open and closed lament configurations, open and closed runeboxes, and a lich's phylactery.
- 14 types of control blocks, in classic, stone, redstone, and other styles.
- 6 types of vases - 4 fired clay vases, orange planter's pot, and super mario style pipe.
- 4 types of anvils - dark iron, shiny iron, golden, and white enamel.
- 12 varieties of inventory icons for vases - all 6 types with and without plants in them.
- 12 new emerald block items - zelda-style, stars on black obsidian, and stars on violet obsidian, in all 4 gemstone colours.
- 9 styles of Beacon block frame.
- 16 varieties of beacon beams in a myriad of blue, pink and gold colours.
- Randomobs support for all 1.4 mobs.

Moving forward from here, is CTM support first (and more mods to follow) as well as some sort of 10 million downloads milestone special event when I think of an appropriately entertaining thing to do for that. I also want to make some more vase-friendly flower options, and add a few small things here and there that I feel are missing.

As usual, get it at http://painterlypack.net/ (or use the link a few posts up to try a pre-made pack that I think everyone will like) and enjoy!

Going to just go ahead and quote this for the new page.

If texture packs ever come to the Xbox edition, and they have muttered about that being possible in the future, then I hope Painterly gets a chance of being picked. Thanks for working so hard on this.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Spacedad posted:

Why do I get a "A Java exception has occurred" error when I try to open this?
When you try to open what?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Hey look at this bitchin mountain cave I found! I could probably polish this up and turn it into something totally awesome and

...Oh. :smith:

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Is there a way other than MCPatcher to enable HD textures at this point? The newest MCpatcher is like 250 megs (???) and requires some extra setup (and tried to install a bunch of toolbars), I wasn't feeling very comfortable with it.

I thought Magic Launcher did but not seeing it...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ExMortis posted:

Is there a way other than MCPatcher to enable HD textures at this point? The newest MCpatcher is like 250 megs (???) and requires some extra setup (and tried to install a bunch of toolbars), I wasn't feeling very comfortable with it.

Are you serious? That sucks horribly. How the hell am I supposed to install Sphax now?!

This is also EXACTLY why I am pretty pissed at Mojang for not supporting hi-res textures. This is why making your users rely on third party apps for key customized features is stupid.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

ExMortis posted:

Uh... Unless I'm missing something, the latest version of MCPatcher (for 1.3.2) isn't even 2 megs. I'm not finding one for a 1.4 pre-release.

Rack fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 22, 2012

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Some donkus appears to have released a program also called MCPatcher that lets you downgrade your jar file, and that seems to he dominating search results right now. The website gives me the impression that it's not the best software, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was gigantic and installed toolbars.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Optifine also does the whole hd textures thing.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

Fortis posted:

Some donkus appears to have released a program also called MCPatcher that lets you downgrade your jar file, and that seems to he dominating search results right now. The website gives me the impression that it's not the best software, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was gigantic and installed toolbars.

Oh, that's the problem. I thought surely no one other than the real MCpatcher guy would register mcpatcher.net and make a program called MCpatcher to patch Minecraft, but I guess I don't spend enough time with the fantastic Minecraft community.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well then... My point still stands. :colbert:

Gerudo Rivera
Jan 22, 2005

ah gently caress,

http://tinyurl.com/gerudoku1-4

Updated thru 1.4, but only tested for 1.3.2
AS ALWAYS most of these textures were made by cooler people than me, I just compiled & edited them... check the credits if you care dare

Gerudo Rivera fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 22, 2012

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Hey look at this bitchin mountain cave I found! I could probably polish this up and turn it into something totally awesome and

...Oh. :smith:

poo poo, son, get to digging!

What seed/release is this? I'd love to have such a nice place to start a project

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Gerudo Rivera posted:

gerudoku goodness

Hey, long time no see. Always good to have some gerudoku :allears:

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
0x10c multiplayer test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2k8QBcaaUM

Bring on the :notch:posts.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
I think the characters look cute... though there's something down-right unsettling about the whole thing, not sure why though

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Doctor Doodler posted:

0x10c multiplayer test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2k8QBcaaUM

Bring on the :notch:posts.

I keep expecting to see imps and cacodemons around the corner.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Magmarashi posted:

What seed/release is this? I'd love to have such a nice place to start a project

Echoing this. That mountain is amazing.

Old Man Mozz posted:

I think the characters look cute... though there's something down-right unsettling about the whole thing, not sure why though

They...kind of look like Claptrap from Borderlands, to me.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Who wants to bet that "mouseclick carries over from the menu and makes you shoot once the game starts" bug will still be there when this gets released?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Magmarashi posted:

Up Your Mother's rear end. Been playing it since 1.2, but I don't think there are many differences with 1.3 and 1.4 shouldn't gently caress it up any either.

I had gravely miscalculated how big the jungle is that I'm currently working in, so I took a walk around the border of it, came around to the Extreme Hills to the north, and there was that mountain near the coords in the screenshots.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Oh hey, 1.4.1 pre-release today, full release slated for Thursday the 25th, early morning. Patch fixes:

-Fixed mobs glitching through wooden floors
-Fixed players glitching through Beacons
-Fixed Redstone Repeaters getting stuck in ‘on’ state
-Bats spawn less frequently
-A number of minor font fixes
-Activated the Wither painting
-Fixed wet wolves looking way too scary
-Tweaked naming costs in the Anvil
-Tweaked enchantment points reward for smelting
-Fixed bug that allowed any item to be placed in the armor slots
-Fixed mob spawners spawning too quickly

Enzer fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 23, 2012

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Enzer posted:

-Fixed mob spawners spawning too quickly

Well, that explains why it was nearly impossible for me to get past the first room of a Vechs map.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

Who wants to bet that "mouseclick carries over from the menu and makes you shoot once the game starts" bug will still be there when this gets released?

Oh, it will be there. It will.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Vib Rib posted:

Yup! Right alongside "mouseclick from out of focus defaults to disconnecting from the server"

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Vib Rib posted:

Dude, give Notch a break, he only has somewhere around $50 million with which to build this thing. If he had $100 million it would be fair to expect a relatively bug-free product, but only 50?

Gerudo Rivera
Jan 22, 2005

lordfrikk posted:

Hey, long time no see. Always good to have some gerudoku :allears:

haha nice, a year since my last post & I'm not a total stranger yet?

Hope the pack's up to standard, there's a lot more competition these days. fortunately that also means there's a lot more for me to steal from :c00l:

Somebody asked about mod support, so here are the ones I know about. probably missing a few things because I'm pretty sure the dokucraft mod support I swiped has full tekkit support but I didn't list all of those mods below. I only edited &tested textures for the mods I use regularly. the rest might be outdated or look terrible, good luck

tested

- better grass & leaves
- betterskies (mcpatcher)
- connected textures mod (optifine)
- custom animations (optifine)
- dragon mounts
- more nature
- more paintings
- randomobs (mcpatcher/optifine)
- rei's minimap
- risugami's mods
- toomanyitems
- wild grass

untested (from gerudokurpg)
- aether
- battle gear
- better swamps
- dehydration
- ender chest
- experium
- extrabiomesXL
- generator ports
- happycampers
- missing blocks
- not enough items
- seasons
- tale of kingdoms
- tfc's gem pack
- thirst mod
- trees++
- twilight forest
- wild caves
- zipline

untested (from dokucraft)
- better than wolves
- clay soldiers
- coral mod
- equivilant exchange
- golem war
- grappling hook
- industrialcraft2
- inventory tweaks
- jump pad
- kaevator
- lectern mod
- metallurgy
- millenaire
- minefactory
- minions
- mocreatures
- stainedglass
- thaumcraft
- tome mod
- wireless redstone
- zeppelin
- probably others

Gerudo Rivera fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 23, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stairways and first bridge done. I decided not to use rails, which I'm sure I will regret. I was going to only use a single row of slabs to make it look less secure, but since I had to go at an angle to merge the two bridges into one, I couldn't seen it working.

So the two bridges connect to one on the tree behind the temple, which will (hopefully) inspire me to make a network through the trees to wherever I end up placing the jungle villages. I just need to figure out how to make it all work.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I like this a lot! In particular, the temple is excellent.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

I like this a lot! In particular, the temple is excellent.

Oh, that's not the temple. That's just the entrance.

THIS is the temple/burial ground. It's not done yet though, as you can see.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I want to try out the Sphax texture pack but like hell I'm going through ad.fly. Is there any way to get around it or will I just have to find a different texture pack that isn't an rear end that uses ad.fly?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I want to try out the Sphax texture pack but like hell I'm going through ad.fly. Is there any way to get around it or will I just have to find a different texture pack that isn't an rear end that uses ad.fly?

There is an anti-adfly script for greasemonkey. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/298619-siteuserscript-deadfly-the-adflyadcraftco-bypasser/

If you don't feel comfortable installing the script, that page also has something you can just drop the adfly address into and it will give you where it redirects to.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Sometimes I feel like Deadfly wouldn't work on the Sphax site. Dunno why, or how.

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?

Old Man Mozz posted:

After reading that it takes place close to the heat death of the universe, just looking at it, and how dark the test rooms have been, just makes me feel uneasy in an existential sort of way.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Fnoigy posted:

After reading that it takes place close to the heat death of the universe, just looking at it, and how dark the test rooms have been, just makes me feel uneasy in an existential sort of way.
If Notch can pull of a minecraft-style building game that somehow uses existential dread as a mechanic I will grudgingly hand over my :10bux: again.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Dibujante posted:

If Notch can pull of a minecraft-style building game that somehow uses existential dread as a mechanic I will grudgingly hand over my :10bux: again.

You know, I pretty much felt that was Minecraft's main mechanic before he added all the RPG stuff and beds and villagers and changed the code for how you spawn on a new map, and it was just inevitably a lone man washed up on a beach - where the game felt like some sort of surreal Omega Man experience.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Fnoigy posted:

Oh, rest assured the universe will be busy with all sorts of unnecessary clutter, including a race of retarded spacefaring nomads with actual penises for noses, instead of just suggested ones.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I'm surprised nobody has talked about it but apparently Mojang has put out a centralized site for tracking bugs. I don't know how well it works but it's a start. https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This isn't the first bug/idea tracking site they've used. The old one was hot poo poo for about two days and then none of the Mojang team ever visited it again.

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran
New Update is out - 1.4.2 - No need for a snapshot, its an automatic download when logging in

The Pretty Scary Update!

+ Added a beacon
+ Added flower pots
+ Added item frames
+ Added anvils
+ Added cobblestone walls
+ Added pumpkin pies
+ Added carrots and potatoes
+ Carrots can be put on a stick to control pigs while riding
+ Added a boss mob
+ Added a new skeleton type
+ Added witches
+ Added bats
+ Added mob heads that can be placed
+ Zombies now infect villagers, but can also be cured
+ Added wooden button
+ Items can be cloned with the “pick block” action in Creative Mode
+ Items can be quickly moved to the hotbar by pressing 1 through 9 while hovering an item
+ Added /difficulty, /spawnpoint, /weather, /gamerule and /clear commands
+ Added “target selectors” for commands
+ Added option to hide capes
+ Added option to toggle vertical synch
+ Added customization to superflat worlds
+ Minor additions to the world generator
+ New potion recipes
+ Leather armor can be dyed
* Maps now start more zoomed in, and can be extended
* Redstone repeaters can now be set into a “locked” position
* New sound effects
* Portals to the Nether can now transport items and mobs
* Adventure mode now allows placing and removing blocks, but only when using the correct tools
* Changed method of placing sideways wood logs
* Improved server list
* Improved debug (F3) options
* Spawn protection is now automatically disabled if there are no defined admins
- Removed Herobrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
It's been 3 years now! Can they just drop the whole "removed herobrine, lol" thing now? I don't care about ~Indie Charm~ or whatever, just get rid of the stupid running joke.

Besides, as it's the "pretty scary" update surely it would make more sense to include this mythical mob.