Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ash with a five posted:

Please put it on bentley wheels so I can live vicariously through you.
Also I think dark brown with a cream roof would be cool.

Heh, I keep telling myself 'Man, ya gotta get away from the rat-look murdered-out satin/matt thing'; been a good few years since I was in any way a 'Goth Master' like the av says, but the colour scheme I still dig :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorillian Dollars
Jan 22, 2012

We are selling to willing buyers at the current fair market price, even if we know it has no value.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Quick roughup in PS

While I'm posting - I know window tint in the UK is '70% light transmission for the drivers windows, back and rear windows do whatever you want', what's the law say on mirror tint? The bug had it on the rear windows, is it not legal for the drivers windows?

quote:

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.
https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

I like the red roof and pinstripes on the rims personally, the rooftop would make for an additional eye-catcher aside from the wheels.
Not to insult the car at all, but from a design stance i always thought the front "expression" looked a bit droopy with the headlights, as if the car is not sure what to do. (you'll give it a purpose though)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

some texas redneck posted:

I'm.. at a loss for words on this myself. Can't say I've kept up with his blog in awhile though.

An old roommate bought a Neon ACR (brand new) and loved autocrossing in it, but I can't imagine a 15+ year old Neon will still handle that great.

You'd be surprised, plus everything on them is super cheap and easy to replace. The big downer is their stupendously bad side impact ratings.

Very cool find, toaster. Did they ever do that color in DOHC trim? I always go :3: when I see a first gen with the "power bulge".

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Got a new (to me) care a few weeks back! Nothing crazy but I'm moving up from a 1994 Buick, so it is sorta crazy. It's a 2002 Protege5.

I love it but I don't love the wheels. And it looks a little too low to me. What should I do? It has 18s right now... thinking switching to 17s might be good? Also can't decide between matte black or silver wheels. What do you guys think? I don't know anything about CARS!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I think the wheels and drop look pretty drat good as is.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
That's a clean P5 and the yellow don't look half bad, 17's with fatter rubber might fill out the arches better but honestly those on the car look fine.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Mazda3 wheels look great on the P5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am looking at an identical MP5 as a new DD. They're fun cars!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

First new Vehicle. Wooo! Sadly not rotary powered but that's what the GF's RX-8 is for. (I will have an FC again some day)

I followed Jeremy Clarksons advice and bought something very green.

2012 Wrangler Unlimited with a 6 speed manual.
The Pentastars in these are really nice. Have both the hard top and soft top. Keeping it stock until after the warranty runs out will be difficult.
That being said I am not fond of the chrome and am trying to find someone locally who wants to trade the chrome accessories for black ones. Time to start lurking in the Jeep thread.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

McTinkerson posted:

2012 Wrangler Unlimited with a 6 speed manual.

Awesome Jeep, but I think I'd like to see more of that FD there as well...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow, I've never seen that color before, looks awesome. I'm not a truck person but I think the Wrangler is cool, and the 4-door version was a great idea.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I just can't accept a 4 door jeep. It seems wrong.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They look rad as gently caress lifted.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Bovril Delight posted:

Um ok.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

From my trip down to the dragon last week

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bovril Delight posted:

neither can I, but I like my 2 door jeeps to use 4-door jeep doors.

(not my ride, mine is substantially more of a hick ride than that)

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I got rid of this :

2001 Infiniti I30 - Had it for almost 2 years, and been nothing but problems. Had 156k miles on it when I dumped it. It needed a new IACV, the starter was going out I think (would make bad grinding sound when starting some times), it failed smog for the catalytic converter, and I dumped it on a dealer.

So I came home with this:

2006 Scion xA - 40,000 miles. Has a bunch of little scratches all over the place. I can tell it was definitely owned by a woman with a baby, as the car was not detailed at all. The back seat has car seat indents, and the interior door trim is all scraped up from what I assume was pulling the car seat in and out. Hose clamps all have some rust on them, and there is a small chip in the paint with rust, but otherwise looks good.

It's actually fairly peppy under 50mph for only have 103hp, but it's pretty drat light. It's my commuter car so I was mainly looking for something that would be reliable and get good gas mileage. You shift almost non-stop when in the city. I'm in 5th gear by 40mph unless I wind it out.

I've since tinted it:

Next on the list is to get some new wheels to replace the awful plastic hubs, and probably drop it a little bit to get rid of the giant wheel gap. Not looking to slam it or make it hellaflush or anything like that. May consider getting a factory spoiler as well as I think it looks clean and doesn't stand out too much. That would be the extent of the "upgrades".

It currently has 15" steel wheels, any recommendation on wheel size for aftermarket? If I go larger I'll be getting lighter ones to keep up the gas mileage. Also, any recommendations where to look at wheels online? I've looked at tirerack and discount tire so far.

Found these on Tire Rack that I'm thinking about. The 17" are 2 lbs lighter than my current wheels, and the 16" are 3 lbs lighter. 15" are 5.5 lbs lighter.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
The gold look nice with that red, besides black are overused. How's it like going from a decent sized sedan to a little city car?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I'd get 16 or 17" wheels. The market for 15" tires is fairly slim compared with what it was a few years ago, and tying in with your post in the stupid questions thread about lowering suspension - bigger wheels go a long way to giving the appearance of filling out your wheel wells.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks for the advice. The biggest difference in driving it is how nimble it is. I'm still adjusting to the size and weight difference.

It's a manual, which is what I wanted, but I was worried about heavy commuting traffic. The clutch is pretty heavy, not much lighter than my Z06, but it engages almost all the way out. I can push it a 1/4 of the way when shifting, so it hasn't been an issue yet.

The seats sit high like most SUVs, which is how they were able to tuck the front in so much. You can't extend your legs far at all, but your high enough up to bend them comfortably. Power isn't an issue in the city really. I can get up to speed on the freeway easily enough by shifting at 4k. At 65mph I'm a little over 3500 rpm. It gets a bit wobbly higher than 70, so hopefully lowering it will help, but I pretty much keep it at 65 in the slow lane on the freeway. It's harder to accidentally speed because you doing around 4500 at 80 which is good for my wallet and safety in this thing.

Most people's first reaction so far has been about it being a death trap. It scored 4 out of 5 in all NHTSA tests so I don't worry about it. I give my self plenty of room between cars on the freeway. I'd still never want to get in an accient at speed though (more so that a larger car).

I'll post some more pictures when I finish it up. I found it pretty funny that TRD makes a ton of parts for this thing. The CAI and exhaust will never get a look but I might check out their lowering springs, shocks, struts, and sway bar. I haven't even checked prices yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are over priced.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 24, 2012

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Well Scions are already overpriced considering they are just Toyotas rejected designs for the JDM. TRD anything is overpriced beyond belief though its always more cost efficient to go aftermarket with Toyotas.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

RPF1's look good on all cars. Fact.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

djfooboo posted:

Yup.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

djfooboo posted:

Ehh ...

(First result for "Buick RPF1" on GIS)

\/\/\/ My point stands.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 25, 2012

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

That appears to be a Cadillac Eldorado

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DropShadow posted:

Ehh ...

(First result for "Buick RPF1" on GIS)

Something seems off about those... Ctl+mousewheel reveals they aren't RPF1's

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

djfooboo posted:

It's a shame they don't come in 17" 4x108 with an offset that fits my car :(

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

KozmoNaut posted:

It's a shame they don't come in 17" 4x108 with an offset that fits my car :(

maybe you should buy a car with non-retarded bolt patterns :colbert:

And frankly if you only have 4 bolt, you should stick with 16's max :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Octopus Magic posted:

maybe you should buy a car with non-retarded bolt patterns :colbert:

And frankly if you only have 4 bolt, you should stick with 16's max :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

It's the same bolt pattern as most Euro Fords since basically forever, a bunch of Audis, most Citroëns, some Maseratis, Mazdas, TVRs, Volvos, Saabs etc.. It's one of the most common bolt patterns on non-German cars in Europe.

No amount of crossed-arms smilies can change that.

(And no 16" RPF1s in a proper bolt battern, either. Eh, OZ make better wheels anyway)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Went for a drive and ran into a bit of fog.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 27, 2012

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS

I have serious car envy!

Nobles have been at or near the top of my wish list since they were first featured on Top Gear :)

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

How is it? Does it drive tight; does it have rattles and squeaks from fit and finish issues? Did you build it yourself or was it done for you?

How reliable is it? Which engine does it have?

Would you buy another?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Whiskey posted:

I have serious car envy!

Nobles have been at or near the top of my wish list since they were first featured on Top Gear :)

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

How is it? Does it drive tight; does it have rattles and squeaks from fit and finish issues? Did you build it yourself or was it done for you?

How reliable is it? Which engine does it have?

Would you buy another?

Sure. I bought it from the second owner. All Nobles are assembled at a few select shops. I don't think there was a way for owners to assemble it themselves stateside.

It rattles and squeaks a bit, but not nearly as bad as my Lotus. It drives extremely tight; once again, better than my Lotus. It feels a lot more stable and planted and just as nimble.

It's been pretty reliable so far besides some electrical gremlins (had to replace the battery). It's a Ford 3.0 twin turbo motor, so if anything breaks it's not too bad to get replacements.

I'd absolutely buy another. For the price I paid the performance is absolutely stunning. Fastest car I've ever driven and it also gets an amazing amount of attention if that's your thing.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Up until the photographer showed me, I had no idea you could see the bay from Sonoma Raceway

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

I've a couple of beat-up old cars.
First a 1989 300zx, daily driver.
Second a pug that has been sitting in the garage for a couple of years.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
2 Cars 1 Picture, only picture I have of the van so far, I'll get some more later if anyone cares.

The girlfriend's fiat 500, poverty spec 1.2 pop that I got her for her 21st birthday, her first car. Worth more than pretty much all of my cars put together until now.

Then my 1979 mini van, previously owned by the RAF, used for beer runs off base I think. Been sorting it for the last 6 years or so, all I bought was a bare shell. Needs some work sorting out on it, but have no budget for it at the minute.

The mini has an MG 1275, adjustable everything suspension, 2 seats, a huge steering wheel and not much else.

Jefinabox fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 28, 2012

Zuiko-Digital
Aug 31, 2007
forever digital!

Raikyn posted:

I always regret the day I chose the MK3 Supra over the 300ZX....

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fall is here. Cellphones still stink at dark-time pictures.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Raikyn posted:

Is the 2nd car a VW Golf?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

b0nes posted:

Is the 2nd car a VW Golf?

!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_205#205_GTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Yep 205 Gti, slightly altered with dual-carbs.
Needs a bit of work to get it going again, headgasket, heater leaks, radiator leaks, a few minor interior stuff, right front lights need replacing.
Plus I want to change the tail lights back to standard, and change the wheels back to either standard 15's or get some Speedline SL434's.

I'll probably give the body a once over as well as there are a few leaks in the wet, then a quickie spray job at the end.
Summer is nearly here so I should be able to spend some time in the evenings to sort it out.