Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
We tried lots of different diapers until we found the cheapest ones that works for our kid ;P Pampers don't work for him at all, libero are ok but pricey. Luckily the store brand at our closest grocery store works really well and is dirt cheap, woo! I've tried cheapo store brands that didn't work well for us too, so my best advice is to try different brands until you find one you're happy with.

Also, the times we've had leaking issues we've tried going up a size which has often worked. My kid is tall and slim, and we've had to go up a size before he reaches the weight given on the package. Just something to keep in mind if you experience leaking problems down the line! Good luck :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

Panne posted:

We tried lots of different diapers until we found the cheapest ones that works for our kid ;P Pampers don't work for him at all, libero are ok but pricey. Luckily the store brand at our closest grocery store works really well and is dirt cheap, woo! I've tried cheapo store brands that didn't work well for us too, so my best advice is to try different brands until you find one you're happy with.

I agree with this. I wouldn't buy a ton of any particular brand of diaper, as you won't know your baby's body style until s/he makes an appearance. We got a ton of free Pampers from the hospital and my sister-in-law, but they never fit him correctly once he was out of newborn sizes, so we switched to Huggies, which fit him great (and I donated the rest).

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Panne posted:

Also, the times we've had leaking issues we've tried going up a size which has often worked. My kid is tall and slim, and we've had to go up a size before he reaches the weight given on the package. Just something to keep in mind if you experience leaking problems down the line! Good luck :)

This is really good to know with your first baby! Kosta ended up having to move up to size 4 diapers at 19 or 20 lbs when size 3s supposedly go up to 28 lbs. Multiple explosions will tip you off!

Mnemosyne posted:

No, the hospital even had it on one of the take-information sheets.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant by "varies by practitioner." People in your area advised one thing, while elsewhere, parents are told to do other things.

Ben Davis fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 23, 2012

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Sitrus posted:

And as for baby nails. Our hospital here advises you to bite them off when they are tiny babies and to use baby nail scissors after that.

Hah! That's great...sure would be easy for me to do it that way since I already bite my own nails. :rolleyes:

Today has been a kind of miserable day today for me so far. Woke up at 7am for work, had a very small amount of brown spotting, got all kinds of freaked out because I already have anxiety issues. I've had some mild period-like cramps yesterday and this morning.
Luckily my boss sent me a message and told me some clients canceled appointments, so I got some more time to relax. Told her I was freaking out a bit because of spotting (She's only one of a couple people that know right now, mainly because I'm her only employee, and she has to know ASAP if I'm going to be gone at some point.)

She ended up telling me to just stay home since the day was already going to be so short. Just been tying to relax and put myself at ease.

Anyone have any relaxation advise for calming nerves when worried about baby stuff?
I found looking at pregnancy calendars relaxed me a bit, just to keep me focused on the science :science:

I am actually a little freaked out I have so few symptoms..especially worried since I feel a little less thirsty today than I have been lately. That is the only thing I've really been experiencing, very thirsty, peeing a bit more (obviously because I'm drinking so much) and some mild cramps here and there.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

Greycious posted:

Today has been a kind of miserable day today for me so far. Woke up at 7am for work, had a very small amount of brown spotting, got all kinds of freaked out because I already have anxiety issues. I've had some mild period-like cramps yesterday and this morning.
Luckily my boss sent me a message and told me some clients canceled appointments, so I got some more time to relax. Told her I was freaking out a bit because of spotting (She's only one of a couple people that know right now, mainly because I'm her only employee, and she has to know ASAP if I'm going to be gone at some point.)

She ended up telling me to just stay home since the day was already going to be so short. Just been tying to relax and put myself at ease.

Anyone have any relaxation advise for calming nerves when worried about baby stuff?

Hey anxiety buddy :whatup:
Maybe look into Hypnobabies? The CDs really helped me relax. I didn't get a pain-free birth or anything, or develop a mystical ~connection~ with my fetus, but I did get so deeply relaxed that I was soon able to fall asleep really quickly and deeply, which is rare for me at the best of times. I also learned to breathe through discomfort/pain and use "trigger words" to make myself more relaxed when I started to feel a lot of stress. The benefits have carried over into postpartum too!

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Greycious posted:

Have you had sex recently? The cervix gets very sensitive even early in pregnancy and you can cause spotting with everyday activities that would not normally cause spotting for you (like sex, orgasm, and even pooping). Spotting is extremely common in early pregnancy (about 30% of women will experience it). I would call your doctor's office and see if you can speak to the nurse about it. They may be able to calm your nerves.

I'm like the captain of early pregnancy bleeding. I'm 13 weeks today and I've had spotting or bleeding every single day since I hit 5 weeks due to a couple of relatively minor complications. As unnerving as it's been the baby is doing great! The only thing that every really calms me down is science stuff (I've read papers showing that anything less than heavier-than-a-period bleeding is not linked to a higher risk of miscarriage for example). But I'm a bit of a weirdo.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
I would second the diaper raffle idea if it's an acceptable practice in your area. In my small, rural community, I received giant boxes of diapers from people when we asked for diapers and wipes for an additional door prize at the shower. I ended up with over 1,000 diapers and 3,000 wipes- all of different sizes and brands so that I can find out what we like best.

For finding the best prices, I'd recommend https://www.couponing101.com. They have someone who finds the best diaper deals each week with links to printable coupons when available. It's really great, especially if you have loyalty to a particular brand so that you can always find the best deal. Also, contact the diaper companies themselves and a lot of times you can get samples and coupons (the same is true of formula if you use it!)

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

Greycious posted:

Hah! That's great...sure would be easy for me to do it that way since I already bite my own nails. :rolleyes:

I found looking at pregnancy calendars relaxed me a bit, just to keep me focused on the science :science:

I am actually a little freaked out I have so few symptoms..especially worried since I feel a little less thirsty today than I have been lately. That is the only thing I've really been experiencing, very thirsty, peeing a bit more (obviously because I'm drinking so much) and some mild cramps here and there.

Bleeding in early pregnancy is insanely common, even bright red scary blood with cramping. Just try to take it easy, drink lots of water, and stay away from google. Try not to think about your "symptoms" or lack thereof because they vary from person to person and day by day. Literally the only sign I had that I was pregnant was that my breasts hurt and that I'd missed my period. No sickness, no hunger, no thirst, nothing.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Chicken McNobody posted:

Hey anxiety buddy :whatup:
Maybe look into Hypnobabies? The CDs really helped me relax. I didn't get a pain-free birth or anything, or develop a mystical ~connection~ with my fetus, but I did get so deeply relaxed that I was soon able to fall asleep really quickly and deeply, which is rare for me at the best of times. I also learned to breathe through discomfort/pain and use "trigger words" to make myself more relaxed when I started to feel a lot of stress. The benefits have carried over into postpartum too!

Peaceful music actually sounds amazing for helping to soothe my anxieties when they hit. Thank you for that suggestion, totally going to try that. I was pretty frightened when my Dr. told me he wanted me off my anxiety meds. The only time I sort of went off them is cold turkey when I ran out once- it was absolutely horrible. (panic attacks) Right now I've halved my dosage, will stop completely at the end of the week. So far so good.

Schweig und tanze posted:

Just try to take it easy, drink lots of water, and stay away from google. Try not to think about your "symptoms" or lack thereof because they vary from person to person and day by day.

Yeah, I'm a google freak. I've been looking things up almost every night. Sometimes I find it a little comforting though because it says spotting is common. But yeah, there are always crazy/horrible stories out there I stumble upon too.

Ceridwen posted:

Have you had sex recently? The cervix gets very sensitive even early in pregnancy and you can cause spotting with everyday activities that would not normally cause spotting for you (like sex, orgasm, and even pooping).

No, but I did have my internal exam Friday, and he said I might get spotting, but well it's been several days...Maybe it is just from that, and it finally worked its way out? :iiam:

Ceridwen posted:

I'm like the captain of early pregnancy bleeding. I'm 13 weeks today and I've had spotting or bleeding every single day since I hit 5 weeks due to a couple of relatively minor complications. As unnerving as it's been the baby is doing great! The only thing that every really calms me down is science stuff (I've read papers showing that anything less than heavier-than-a-period bleeding is not linked to a higher risk of miscarriage for example). But I'm a bit of a weirdo.

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I've also always found it crazy/amazing some women have light 'periods' throughout their pregnancy too. Hopefully in a few months once I know what is normal for me/my pregnancy I'll be much more relaxed.

I guess I'm a weirdo too, I like looking up info like that. I was kind of freaking out more this morning when my internet wasn't working and I couldn't look up info fast enough.

e; you guys are a godsend right now since it is way too early to go telling everyone/talking to everyone.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 21, 2017

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010

Lullabee posted:

Thanks for this and everything else everyone! I'll definitely bookmark it. I knew that babies are all different, but my sister never had many issues with the first brand she tried ( I can't remember - this was 7 years ago), so I was hoping I wouldn't either. I'll start emailing companies to get samples - never hurts to try!

What is a diaper raffle? I moved about a year ago, so my "baby shower" won't really be mine - it'll be thrown with all of the father's coworkers and friends, so really the only reason I'll be there is because I'm the carrier of the child. Awkward for me, since majority of them have worked with him for the past almost 12 years.

The way we did it was on the invitation we put something like "Bring diapers and wipes to be entered for a door prize!" and then literally everyone brought diapers and wipes (sometimes multiple packs of each) and then you have a drawing for a nice door prize. I think we did gift cards. My aunt, cousin, and grandma hosted the shower I had that this was done at.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

What is the range of 'normal' for fetal heart rate at 5 weeks 6 days-- or rather what is the low end?

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
Argh. I have the worst toothache I've ever had right now. It kept me up all last night, Tylenol didn't touch it. I think an old filling cracked. Called my dentist and he can see me tomorrow. I told them I'm very early in my first trimester (I'm about 6w5 days or so) and they told me that it's okay, they don't like to do unnecessary work, but it's more dangerous to leave it and risk infection than it is to get a filling. (I have another tooth that needs a root canal, I will probably have it pulled :()I also have a heart murmur so they worry about infection travelling to my heart. To top it off, I have wicked dental anxiety and would normally take an Ativan to get through the appointment buttttttt... I can't do that!

I'll be fine, I'm a big girl and can make it through a dentist appointment without my comfy blanket drugs, the doctors know what they're doing, women can go months without even knowing they're pregnant and do all sorts of "bad" things and have healthy babies. It's just so scary thinking, "what if?" (I'm 36, and had a mis at about this far along 2 years ago.)

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.

sudont posted:

Argh. I have the worst toothache I've ever had right now. It kept me up all last night, Tylenol didn't touch it. I think an old filling cracked. Called my dentist and he can see me tomorrow. I told them I'm very early in my first trimester (I'm about 6w5 days or so) and they told me that it's okay, they don't like to do unnecessary work, but it's more dangerous to leave it and risk infection than it is to get a filling. (I have another tooth that needs a root canal, I will probably have it pulled :()I also have a heart murmur so they worry about infection travelling to my heart. To top it off, I have wicked dental anxiety and would normally take an Ativan to get through the appointment buttttttt... I can't do that!

I'll be fine, I'm a big girl and can make it through a dentist appointment without my comfy blanket drugs, the doctors know what they're doing, women can go months without even knowing they're pregnant and do all sorts of "bad" things and have healthy babies. It's just so scary thinking, "what if?" (I'm 36, and had a mis at about this far along 2 years ago.)

Your dentist should be able to offer you several options. I had a tooth crack when I was at about 20 weeks, and I opted for a temporary filling until after David was born. Unfortunately, it did turn into me needing a crown for that tooth, but I was more comfortable not getting numbed up.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

sheri posted:

What is the range of 'normal' for fetal heart rate at 5 weeks 6 days-- or rather what is the low end?

At 6 weeks 2 days or earlier normal is anything over 100, and from 6 weeks 3 days to 7 weeks normal is 120 or higher.

Numbers lower than 100 at 6w2d and earlier are associated with a higher chance of miscarriage but it's still far from a given. The higher is is, the lower the risk tends to be. And when you start to get under 6 weeks it's actually difficult to say what normal is because it's not very common to see a heart beat that early so you don't have a very large data set to compare to.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Greycious posted:

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I've also always found it crazy/amazing some women have light 'periods' throughout their pregnancy too. Hopefully in a few months once I know what is normal for me/my pregnancy I'll be much more relaxed..

If it puts your mind at ease, I had terrible, awful, scary gushing bleeds and huge clots from weeks 6-10 and my dr was positive I would miscarry, and we all thought I had at one point, but here I am now at 6 months and kiddo is right on target. There's no way to tell what's going to happen and I put myself through absolute hell worrying and being depressed. If the bleeding continues or gets heavier it's not out of line to ask your dr about an ultrasound to see if the bleeding is caused by a subchorionic hematoma, which again is really common. Several posters here had them and had bad bleeding and it was a huge relief to me to find out how common it was and that they all had healthy, awesome babies.

Don't go crazy reading studies, nothing is ever certain and no study will cover all the particularities of your pregnancy. Ask me about inducing a really awful panic attack reading studies about fetal tricuspid valve leaks! And remember, at this stage, whatever is going to happen is going to happen, there's not a lot that can be done if things go badly. I know that's the worst thing in the world to hear, but it's true. I would have had a much easier time if I could have taken that to heart.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Amelia Song
Jan 28, 2012

Are you olive-skinned or have a yellowish tone to your skin? Do your veins typically look greenish rather than blueish? If so, it might be related to increased blood supply during pregnancy.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Ceridwen posted:

At 6 weeks 2 days or earlier normal is anything over 100, and from 6 weeks 3 days to 7 weeks normal is 120 or higher.

Numbers lower than 100 at 6w2d and earlier are associated with a higher chance of miscarriage but it's still far from a given. The higher is is, the lower the risk tends to be. And when you start to get under 6 weeks it's actually difficult to say what normal is because it's not very common to see a heart beat that early so you don't have a very large data set to compare to.

Thanks. :)

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

My wife and I had our gender screening last week and found out we are having a girl! A little nervous about the more difficult nature of raising a girl, but I'm also excited about it.

One thing that is bugging me though, is trying to find stuff for a girls room. The bedding, etc. for boys room is fun with all kinds of neat ideas (we found a great underwater theme we were going to use). Girl stuff is just a ton of vomit-inducing pink overload, with very few "fun" options.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Luckily there's no law that kids' rooms need to be gender-themed. But I hear you. I find it very frustrating that in terms of clothes and toys it seems like EVERYTHING has to be either super-pink and sparkly or super-rugged-looking.

Why not just go with the underwater theme? Girls like fish and critters and boats...

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?

Acrolos posted:

My wife and I had our gender screening last week and found out we are having a girl! A little nervous about the more difficult nature of raising a girl, but I'm also excited about it.

One thing that is bugging me though, is trying to find stuff for a girls room. The bedding, etc. for boys room is fun with all kinds of neat ideas (we found a great underwater theme we were going to use). Girl stuff is just a ton of vomit-inducing pink overload, with very few "fun" options.
We went with gender-neutral yellow and a happy animal theme :)
(With some "boy" dinosaurs thrown in cuz dinosaurs are cool)

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Acrolos posted:

Congratulations :)

I wouldn't get too hung up on girl/boy stuff. An underwater theme sounds pretty unisex to me anyway - girls like the sea as well.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 21, 2017

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

Acrolos posted:

Congrats! As others have said these strict gender stereotypes are pretty prevalent in the world of baby gear. But the great thing is it doesn't have to be like that if you don't want it to be. Don't like pink? Great! Make the room blue or green or orange. Use underwater, dinosaurs, robots, or animals as a theme. It isn't like your newborn is going to complain that she doesn't like dinosaurs or hates the color green.

And just out of curiousity, why do you think raising a girl is inherently more difficult?

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

And just out of curiousity, why do you think raising a girl is inherently more difficult?

For real, at least wiping a girl is easier. :mad:

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

sudont posted:

I had to go to the dentist for a few different things during pregnancy (including a nasty infection that ended up fine)--you can call up your OB and ask them for a list of what procedures/drugs are ok for you at this stage! It's such a common question that my office had a ready-made list they handed to me.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

Lullabee posted:

So, I've googled it and asked the birth boards yet nothing - I went to shower today and my areolas are tinted a greenish color. One is completely almost covering the areola around the nipple, the other it's just in spots. They don't hurt, so I know it's not bruising. So what could it be?! I'm headed to the doc in the morning, so I'll mention it then, but I'm freaking out cause all I can find about nipple discoloring is cancer, and with a significant other fighting off leukemia, the last thing I need is a cancer scare. :sigh:

Don't freak out, color change is normal--mine went from pink to a really dark brown. I would ask like you're planning to, though.

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe

Ben Davis posted:

I had to go to the dentist for a few different things during pregnancy (including a nasty infection that ended up fine)--you can call up your OB and ask them for a list of what procedures/drugs are ok for you at this stage! It's such a common question that my office had a ready-made list they handed to me.

Yeah, after I see the dentist today to see what's going on and what needs to be done I'm going to call my OB. Of course, I woke up today and it doesn't hurt at all, which is good but annoying! If it isn't bothering me and I don't have any sort of infection I'd rather wait till I'm out of the first tri to do anything.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

We're also having a girl (hi, thread!), and we're not bothering with "gender appropriate" colors in the baby's room. The walls are white, so we have the possibility to add accessories in whichever color we'd like. It's easier when the kid grows up, too, I think. That way we don't have to redo the room when they decide they don't like pink or baby blue anymore. :)

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Colours totally don't matter. We went with a rainbow colour scheme with animals. When in doubt over a colour, use them all!

Also as for "boy" stuff vs "girl" stuff: let your kid chose what they like. I'm a girl and I loved GI Joe, Transformers, Daleks and Sharks! ...And Ponies.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Chicken McNobody, I downloaded the free "Relax" thing from the hypnobabies site. Tried it last night, and going to try and do it a few nights a week, or whenever I feel especially anxious. I think it might really help. Thank you for the suggestion.

Schweig und tanze posted:

If it puts your mind at ease, I had terrible, awful, scary gushing bleeds and huge clots from weeks 6-10 and my dr was positive I would miscarry, and we all thought I had at one point, but here I am now at 6 months and kiddo is right on target. There's no way to tell what's going to happen and I put myself through absolute hell worrying and being depressed. If the bleeding continues or gets heavier it's not out of line to ask your dr about an ultrasound to see if the bleeding is caused by a subchorionic hematoma, which again is really common. Several posters here had them and had bad bleeding and it was a huge relief to me to find out how common it was and that they all had healthy, awesome babies.

I had a little more light spotting this morning with tiny clot and a very small amount of red, and some light cramps, so I went to see my Dr.

Did an ultrasound and found me to be about 5 weeks, little less than he previously said, and this sounds more correct. Too early to really see the embryo, but he showed me the yolk sac or whatever and said it was in the right place, looked at my ovaries for good measure. He said at this point I have a "threatened miscarriage" but it's about 50/50. Told me to take extra folic acid supplements.

Going to try not to dwell on it. Whatever happens happens like you said, and at least we didn't have a hard time conceiving.

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

But the great thing is it doesn't have to be like that if you don't want it to be. Don't like pink? Great! Make the room blue or green or orange. Use underwater, dinosaurs, robots, or animals as a theme. It isn't like your newborn is going to complain that she doesn't like dinosaurs or hates the color green.

This definitely, hell I purchased some awesome/adorable baby dinosaur shirts a couple years ago and I'll be damned if I don't dress my future baby in them, who cares about the gender!

Seizure Sloth
Dec 28, 2006

The electroshock seizure of the sloth consists of weak extension followed by tonic flexion and terminal clonus.

Acrolos posted:

For our daughter's room we made our own theme: country dinosaurs (mix of farm animals and dinosaurs). We did use pink, but we also included every other color to make it more lively and fun. For our next child, whatever the gender, we're thinking of the theme being sea creatures in space. :)

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Seizure Sloth posted:

For our next child, whatever the gender, we're thinking of the theme being sea creatures in space. :)

That sounds amazing.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004

Greycious posted:

I had a little more light spotting this morning with tiny clot and a very small amount of red, and some light cramps, so I went to see my Dr.

Did an ultrasound and found me to be about 5 weeks, little less than he previously said, and this sounds more correct. Too early to really see the embryo, but he showed me the yolk sac or whatever and said it was in the right place, looked at my ovaries for good measure. He said at this point I have a "threatened miscarriage" but it's about 50/50. Told me to take extra folic acid supplements.

Going to try not to dwell on it. Whatever happens happens like you said, and at least we didn't have a hard time conceiving.

Sorry you are going through this. I've had it go both ways from the point you are at now. Waiting to find out what will happen sucks, but there isn't really anything that can be done. Did the doctor have you schedule a follow up scan in a week or two?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Our baby room is gender neutral. We went with a neutral peach (not a pink peach), green, and wood with a forest animal theme.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Y'all are putting me to shame. I don't really have the energy, money, or inclination to actually do specific kid décor. My daughter barely has any real furniture in her room--she's still totally deranged about climbing on things and jumping and otherwise trying to damage herself. :shobon: (Plus I'm sick of spending too much money on shoddy furniture and I don't have the money for good furniture. We just accumulate stuff as it pops up at yard sales or relatives pass it along.)

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 24, 2012

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Our kiddo's room will be light green and blue with The Very Hungry Caterpillar bedding as a gift from my mom. I'm not going crazy with his room, but I do want him to have his own space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Y'all are putting me to shame. I don't really have the energy, money, or inclination to actually do specific kid décor. My daughter barely has any real furniture in her room--she's still totally deranged about climbing on things and jumping and otherwise trying to damage herself. :shobon: (Plus I'm sick of spending too much money on shoddy furniture and I don't have the money for good furniture. We just accumulate stuff as it pops up at yard sales or relatives pass it along.)

Don't feel bad - Connor doesn't even have his own room yet, he's still in with us.