Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Triple-Kan posted:

Problem is Punk's an rear end in a top hat and doesn't give a gently caress about politeness? He pretty much was just trying to order the guy to beg in front of his kid.

So like, is this some kinda ancient tribal thing where you're afraid any sign of politeness is submission and the other guy will get rights to your wife or something? I can't see how 'hey, maybe speak like an adult and say please to a man you are asking something from' is 'begging'.

Like, I can even kinda understand people asking for autographs not saying please but asking for a video thing, yea how do you not know you say please when asking a dude to take time out to do something for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Cena would have done the video

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Saying please isn't that loving hard. I know some of you go out of your way to hate on Punk, but maybe you're the ones that need to get over it.

I don't really go out of my way to hate him? Like I said the other guy might've been kind of rude but Punk still comes off as a condescending jackass too. Both sides come out looking kind of douchey.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
On the other side of the Punk coin...

CM Punk posted:

So I'm riding down Southwest highway headed to Halloween fun and I spot a kid wearing an ugly bright yellow t-shirt...

...turns out its my new shirt, so I decide to scare/make his day. I whip around and talk for a bit and take a pic with him...

...because any kid with the balls to wear a wrestling shirt to school deserves special treatment. Represent! Where you at Eric? #punktober

The Kid posted:

@CMPunk IM THE KID PUNK, ERIC GAISER, YOU MADE MY drat MONTH #PUNKTOBER

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
that's the kind of poo poo i would do if i were famous. constantly.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Save Russian Jews posted:

Ride scooters?

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

Ride scooters?

naw dude; already living that dream.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Kid on the right looks exactly like my younger stepbrother. Like, facial expressions and everything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

CM Punk is such an rear end in a top hat!!!! :argh:

(Seriously, that rules.)

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Glitterbomber posted:

So like, is this some kinda ancient tribal thing where you're afraid any sign of politeness is submission and the other guy will get rights to your wife or something? I can't see how 'hey, maybe speak like an adult and say please to a man you are asking something from' is 'begging'.

Like, I can even kinda understand people asking for autographs not saying please but asking for a video thing, yea how do you not know you say please when asking a dude to take time out to do something for you?

"What's the magic word?" is something you say to a little kid, not a grown man. It's condescending.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Triple-Kan posted:

"What's the magic word?" is something you say to a little kid, not a grown man. It's condescending.

And someone who asks a really busy celebrity to film something for his daughter and doesn't think to say please is none too bright.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Triple-Kan posted:

Had he said please like a considerate human being in the first place he wouldn't have to be treated like a child.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Some new posts from Punk

CM Punk posted:

So I'm riding down Southwest highway headed to Halloween fun and I spot a kid wearing an ugly bright yellow t-shirt...

...turns out its my new shirt, so I decide to scare/make his day. I whip around and talk for a bit and take a pic with him...

...because any kid with the balls to wear a wrestling shirt to school deserves special treatment. Represent! Where you at Eric? #punktober

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Triple-Kan posted:

On the other hand if said grown man had just said 'please' he'd have a cool video for his daughter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CM Punk is taking coolness tips from Tim Sylvia.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Triple-Kan posted:

If I was in CM Punk's shoes and some dude rolled up and asked me to film something "for my daughter" (or whatever reason he gives as to why he wants to take up my time) and didn't preface it with "please", he'd be lucky if I only stuck to condescension and didn't use the opportunity to make a video telling the guy's daughter "your dad's a completely rude shithead, so please don't grow up to be like him."

gently caress's sake, I say "please" to people at stores and restaurants when I ask for something, and they're getting paid to give me good service. Dude deserved exactly what he got.

E: Also, I think we're missing the real reason why Punk refused:

quote:

Asked @cmpunk to make quick vid sayin high to my daughter

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 25, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If I was in CM Punk's shoes and some dude rolled up and asked me to film something "for my daughter" (or whatever reason he gives as to why he wants to take up my time) and didn't preface it with "please", he'd be lucky if I only stuck to condescension and didn't use the opportunity to make a video telling the guy's daughter "your dad's a completely rude shithead, so please don't grow up to be like him."

gently caress's sake, I say "please" to people at stores and restaurants when I ask for something, and they're getting paid to give me good service. Dude deserved exactly what he got.
I dunno this seems a mite excessive

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Steen is just trolling people

Kevin Steen posted:

@murderalotta: @KILLSTEENKILL can you take a picture with my child" Only if I get to keep him.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Oatgan posted:

The dude's just lucky that Punk didn't GTS him and send film of that to his daughter

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT SYDNEY BOTTOCKS WOULD DO. Sydney Bottocks would take the camera and say "Hello dearest Holly Blueberries, your father and I think you're just swell." Then Sydney Bottocks would take that camera... shine it up real nice... turn it on nightvision mode and stick it STRAIGHT UP HIS CANDY rear end."

PSP: Where we fantasy book CM Punk's personal life.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

PSP: Where we fantasy book CM Punk's personal life.
I'll bet he's friends with Dean Ambrose

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Oatgan posted:

Admittedly I may have engaged in a touch of hyperbole there, but my basic point (that the guy's a rude dude with an attitude) still stands. :colbert:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Save Russian Jews posted:

Punk becoming the Bill Murray of wrestling is something I could get behind.

Also, is that Lita on the back of the scooter?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Doubt it, probably one of his sisters

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

twitter feudin'

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MrBling posted:

twitter feudin'

Steen totally stole Player Uno's feud.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sionistic posted:

Doubt it, probably one of his sisters
No, it's Lita.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Triple-Kan posted:

A grown man should not HAVE to be asked to be polite and say 'please'.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Ha ha those Briscoes. God I would love to be at this meeting.

Jay Briscoe posted:

þjust had another parent conference about my son throwing headbutts in pre-school again

Kevin Steen posted:

As discussed in my @smartmarkvideo shoot, @SamoaJoe slaps and kicks a young (and think, kinda!) Kevin Steen's face off! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVkFYwU4wuM

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oatgan posted:

John Cena would have done the video

Suben posted:

I don't really go out of my way to hate him? Like I said the other guy might've been kind of rude but Punk still comes off as a condescending jackass too. Both sides come out looking kind of douchey.

I think this is the point on Punk. Punk is a dick. People around him are dicks. A lot of people give him excuses to be a dick. He seems to take a lot of them. And people who sympathize with his reasons will then sympathize with his actions. But other guys in WWE like John Cena almost certainly encounter just as many impolite, entitled, and rude fans and we dont hear the same sort of stories with the same frequency. It's safe to assume that some people like Cena seem to handle it better than most, and some people like Punk seem to handle it worse than most.

Punk just seems to be one of those people who thinks bad behavior justifies more bad behavior. There are lots of people who feel that way, probably more than there are people who believe in turning the other cheek, being the better man, or setting an example.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 26, 2012

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I think this is the point on Punk. Punk is a dick. People around him are dicks. A lot of people give him excuses to be a dick. He seems to take a lot of them. And people who sympahize with his reaons will then stympathize with his actions. But other guys in WWE like John Cena almost certainly encounter just as many impolite, entitled, and rude fans and we dont hear the same sort of stories with the same frequency. It's safe to assume that some people like Cena seem to handle it better than most, and some people like Punk seem to handle it worse than most.

Punk just seems to be one of those people who thinks bad behavior justifies more bad behavior. There are lots of people who feel that way, probably more than there are people who believe in turning the other cheek, being the better man, or setting an example.

Cena is for sure a nicer dude than Punk, I'm not about to say otherwise. But I still don't think he asks anything unreasonable of people, even if he's a dick when they don't do it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

bobkatt013 posted:

Kevin Steen posted:

As discussed in my @smartmarkvideo shoot, @SamoaJoe slaps and kicks a young (and think, kinda!) Kevin Steen's face off! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVkFYwU4wuM

I miss Samoa Joe.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Derrick Bateman has been tweeting quotes from the Ron Swanson pyramid of greatness. He retweeted mine!

DerrickWWE posted:

Crying: Acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

STAC Goat posted:

I think this is the point on Punk. Punk is a dick. People around him are dicks. A lot of people give him excuses to be a dick. He seems to take a lot of them. And people who sympathize with his reasons will then sympathize with his actions. But other guys in WWE like John Cena almost certainly encounter just as many impolite, entitled, and rude fans and we dont hear the same sort of stories with the same frequency. It's safe to assume that some people like Cena seem to handle it better than most, and some people like Punk seem to handle it worse than most.

You're making the mistake of assigning Cena's supposed response and right and Punk's reaction as wrong. Sometimes rude people need to be told to gently caress a stick.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Cena is the embodiment of a corporate suckass who places more emphasis on good PR than being a good wrestler, of course he's going to be nice to people. He can't sell a feud, build new stars, cut a memorable promo or take any opponent seriously, but he sure can be a nice marketable public face for the WWE. Punk is the antithesis of all of that. If the trade-off for being good at being a professional wrestler is not being a baby-kissing politician to the fans then I'll take it any day of the week.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Saul Goode posted:

Cena is the embodiment of a corporate suckass who places more emphasis on good PR than being a good wrestler, of course he's going to be nice to people. He can't sell a feud, build new stars, cut a memorable promo or take any opponent seriously, but he sure can be a nice marketable public face for the WWE. Punk is the antithesis of all of that. If the trade-off for being good at being a professional wrestler is not being a baby-kissing politician to the fans then I'll take it any day of the week.

Or, he could be a legit decent guy whose wrestling you just dont like. Being a bad worker doesnt automatically mean that you are a bad person, and being a good worker doesnt really excuse you being a total toolbox.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Saying that Cena is a bad worker is being ridiculous, anyway. He's completely decent--good, even. I'm not a fan of his (and especially not how he's booked) but I still have a lot of respect for him.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

Saying that Cena is a bad worker is being ridiculous, anyway. He's completely decent--good, even. I'm not a fan of his (and especially not how he's booked) but I still have a lot of respect for him.
Cena's good in main event length matches. He's just awful in shorter tv matches where his rapadoo nonsense makes the other person look like a complete jobber with the no-selling and body language that says 'aw, look at this guy trying to mount some offence that's meant to hurt me'. And that's not even going into his segments and the material he comes up with for his throwaway monologues.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Saul Goode posted:

He's Hulk Hogan in the sense that he panders to the young & women harder than anyone else in the industry, but he's a legitimately good guy, he can really wrestle circles around a lot of people in the main event, and you can stick John Cena into a feud, build it, and it feels like a real main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

SiKboy posted:

Or, he could be a legit decent guy whose wrestling you just dont like. Being a bad worker doesnt automatically mean that you are a bad person, and being a good worker doesnt really excuse you being a total toolbox.

I didn't say he was a bad worker. Cena is a pretty decent worker who is absolutely appalling at almost every other aspect of being a wrestler, which makes him overall a lovely wrestler.

Can he sell a feud? No, it's always the same thing. Smirking jackass who takes nothing seriously and won't change at all if he wins or loses. Loser leaves town match? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Gets the poo poo beaten out of him by Brock Lesnar? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Fights the Rock in an epic Wrestlemania Main Event? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Every opponent is a joke, every match is ultimately meaningless. The entire roster is a pack of chumps compared to Cena, he knows it and the audience have been trained to believe it. Whoever's got Cena's title is just keeping it warm until he wants it again.

How many guys has Cena made? Umaga and.... uhh... uhh... almost ten years on top and he's made less stars than Hulk Hogan.

How many memorable promos has Cena cut? There was that time he... that time he... oh, I think he called someone a doodyhead once. And he smirked a lot. Steve Austin and The Rock's combined main event runs were less than the length of time Cena has been main eventing, and what has he got to show for it? How many clips of "classic" Cena promos will be bookmarked on YouTube in years to come? As many as Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Flair, Dusty Rhodes, HBK, any number of other top level guys you'd care to mention? Not a chance.

John Cena is a blight on the wrestling industry and he can be as much of a nice guy as he wants outside the ring, but it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the worst things to ever happen to professional wrestling.