Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Godholio posted:

:laffo: Really?

I hope to see another video like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfgx_krIo0

Edit: Just skip to :34, trust me.

that's what happens when you have a pack of idiots at a show truck shop put your truck together. If I recall correctly, they put those dual coilovers on with a single bolt, in single shear - i.e. one mounting tab on the axle housing, with a shock on either side of it and a big ol' bolt slapped through the whole mess. Then the predictable happened.

Here's another example of big dumb show/mud truck fabrication failure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHlS7OPkTkU&t=225s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

enojy posted:

I'm strangely OK with this freak of a truck.
Gonna go ahead and throw the "wrong thread" card at this point.

Me too, it's obviously just built for fun with no pretensions of offroading or hauling or working. It's no different from some hellaflush/demoncamber tard bouncing along the road 10mm off the ground with ebay coilovers jacked all the way down

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Wrong thread?

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 25, 2012

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

aventari posted:

It's no different from some hellaflush/demoncamber tard bouncing along the road 10mm off the ground with ebay coilovers jacked all the way down

Thank you for demonstrating why it does in fact belong in this thread.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I hope the shades are mechanically articulated.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Motronic posted:

THe exhaust is too big for a smoke tune to be impressive. You need a fuel injector with ATF coming out of it pointed at a glow plug at the head of that "exhaust tip".

This is a joke. And if it ever becomes a thing I'm really, really sorry for suggesting it.

It is already A Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFxTzd69b4

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yes, "Performance Exhaust", indeed. :v:

dor1
Jun 5, 2011

FIRST TIME posted:

Yes, "Performance Exhaust", indeed. :v:

More smoke = Faster car.

I thought that was common knowledge :v:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I guess I have to give the company some credit since they even say more or less in the video description that "yes, we know this is dumb but so are our customers and this what they will give us money for if we make it".

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Today reconfirmed that the worst part of driving is other drivers. On my way home from donating plasma I see in the distance some work van got pulled over, police cars are on the far left (it's a one way road, two lanes) so I ease over into the right lane. Pass them, put on blinker, ease over. EXCEPT! This white Mustang darts into the left(I could not see the blinker in my rear view due to it being too drat close) and it tries to pass me while I try to get over. I see it in time, swerve back, let Mr. fucktard pass. He then gets back into the right lane about 300 feet up and turns right onto a side street.

:arghfist::bang: gently caress you, Mustang-haver. I hope you wrap that car around a tree.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Rorac posted:

:arghfist::bang: gently caress you, Mustang-haver. I hope you wrap that car around a tree.

Whenever I wish this on another driver, I always feel guilty and scale it back to "I hope you get a hell of a door ding from a shopping cart."

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

slidebite posted:

:alberta:

Example:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Custom-W0QQAdIdZ425385800

10 years old with 200K on the clock, but puts on new paint, leather interior and rims.

I'm at least somewhat ok with that because they had the decency to put mudflaps on the rear. Hate high up vehicles that have the whole tire showing and no mudflaps that spew rocks everywhere.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

enojy posted:

You'd have to go bigger -- look at that loving thing. I can't even think of a spherical object that would stuff it.

I'm strangely OK with this freak of a truck. My #1 gripe about trucks is, I usually can't see past them at all. The suspension is set up in such a way that I can actually see through it.

I'm also OK with the exhaust pointing directly down into my driver's side window, should I pass him on his right. Not a chance in hell there's any back pressure, so I wouldn't be the least bit worried.

Gonna go ahead and throw the "wrong thread" card at this point.

There are definitely pumpkins large enough to plug that exhaust. The real question is, if you did, what would happen if you ran the engine?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Those are some innovative ways to squeal the tires. :haw:

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Will.I.am is great

By the way, the car is a one-off.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

So long as he didn't desecrate a DeLorean to do it, I couldn't care less.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

thecobra posted:

Will.I.am is great

By the way, the car is a one-off.

Definitely the wrong thread.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Godholio posted:

Yeah, the statement "It's a one-off" is definitely awesome.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, he's doing it again.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

That's a suspiciously small depth-of-field for a cell phone camera.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

That's a suspiciously small depth-of-field for a cell phone camera.

That's instagram.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Godholio posted:

Oh gently caress no, this is exactly the right thread.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Terrible car + stupid Instagram filters + a Bill Adams joint + #stayhumble as icing = perfect recipe for terrible car stuff

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

slidebite posted:

:alberta:

Example:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Custom-W0QQAdIdZ425385800

10 years old with 200K on the clock, but puts on new paint, leather interior and rims.

200k is nothing on a diesel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As if lovely music wasn't enough, this jerk is just gonna keep ruining more and more cars unless we do something.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Somebody did a really bad job on that primer coat.

Or is that the look he was going for?

:iiam:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

DrPain posted:

Naw, it looks hardcore, like the owner doesn't give no shits about no thing.

Or, it's pretentious crap.

It's pretentious crap.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Giblet Plus! posted:

200k is nothing on a diesel.

True, but there is more to a truck than its engine.

It also isn't worth anywhere remotely close to $20K.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

DrPain posted:

It even says they're not done with the primer yet.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Ferremit posted:

Whats the point of jacking up a truck by 4 feet if you loose 1.5 of them to god drat exhaust tip clearance?

The way to tell "bro lifts" from real lifts is to look how far off the ground the rear diff is. That's what really controls your clearance. All these trucks that are five feet off the ground and the rear diff clears by a foot? Bullshit lift. Certainly, you need room for those big rear end tires to go when you start crawling around, but you don't need that kind of room. When you do that, not only do you leave a lot of empty space, you make the truck top heavy and you have to be more careful you don't flip it over.

This is the kind of lift you go for when you mean business.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You can usually tell depending on whether they've trimmed the sheetmetal for clearance, or just jacked it to the sky. If it's a low lift and the wheels/tires appear to fit up into the bodywork, there's a chance it gets used, if the sheetmetal isn't touched and it's got a few feet of lift to avoid the tires hitting everything but the lottery, it's a useless posermobile.

Poser:

40" tires, 20" of blingy chrome, multiple feet of useless poser lift, no traction aids (why bother, no one can see them!) Got in a dick comparing / pissing match about his dumb truck on an offroad parts trading group on facebook, then ignored multiple offers to race a twisty road + easy dirt track course for pinks.

Not poser:

5" of lift... 42" tires. Low and super wide, like 92" wide. I've seen it drive up things that are difficult to walk, and drive sideways across ledges that almost anything would roll on. It had 38" tires before (thus the rear fender clearance issues, which he's fixed now.)

There's something wrong when a fullsize truck "needs" something like four times as much lift to "fit" tires roughly the same size as those on a small SUV. Something wrong in the owner's head.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The body lines on this are sooooooooo bad. It's like someone gave a kid a set of French curves and said "you must use only these!".

...I know this because I remember the first time I got a set of French curves for design work... :v:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pseudonym posted:

So long as he didn't desecrate a DeLorean to do it, I couldn't care less.

I was wrong, I could care less. This is a terrible, um, car... thing. Will-dot-i-dot-am should feel bad.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Did that used to be something? I'm assuming it was, they said their last car was a custom build even though it was 90% a DeLorean so I wonder what this used to be. The DADL is ready to send out condolences, whatever it was.

That window line is infuriatingly terrible. It looks like someone's tried to go Nouveau with it without having actually ever seen anything Nouveau.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
^^ No headlights?

Also, wrong thread?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Cruseydr posted:

Also, wrong thread?

I would roll around in this with :420: smoke billowing out the windows.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

EightBit posted:

I would roll around in this with :420: smoke billowing out the windows.

Fog machine, we have the technology :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cruseydr posted:

^^ No headlights?

Also, wrong thread?

I just had a wonderful thought: Pro-Street Mystery Machine.