Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How long has the Scorpion owned for, and why didn't anybody tell me?? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
They fixed the missing shot issue months back, it's been pretty great ever since. Add a tech ammo power to it. The ammo effect is applied as soon as the grenade hits so they'll be stunned/frozen/paniced while the grenade timer runs out.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

exquisite tea posted:

It's my go-to anti Phantom gun. When she has the bullshit shield up the scorpion rounds stick to the shield bubble so you don't have to aim at her spindly body. If she's coming right for you spam rounds at her feet and watch her be all 'oops totally wasn't going to hit you bro let me back up a few steps for you'

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Did Bioware fix being able to run with the delivery packages? I was just doing a vorcha solo for the weekend challenge and I "ran" but at walking speed.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

exquisite tea posted:

I just discovered this while grinding up my Pistol challenges. It's great as a sidearm!

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

MadBimber posted:

Did Bioware fix being able to run with the delivery packages? I was just doing a vorcha solo for the weekend challenge and I "ran" but at walking speed.

I've been able to successfully sprint to the dropoff by mashing spacebar while I do it.

If that's not what you meant, then yes, they did fix some walking speeds with the package.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MadBimber posted:

What do you mean fix? The package is meant to restrict you to walking speed.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Anyone tried out the black widow with explosive ammo yet? Does it have that old school Krysae feel?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Hey I've been noticing gold public games have become a lot harder to get going with good people, if anyone's interested in helping me out my origin name is AbnormalReflex.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Blindeye posted:

Hey I've been noticing gold public games have become a lot harder to get going with good people, if anyone's interested in helping me out my origin name is AbnormalReflex.

I think origin's friend request is wonky atm ; I don't see any requests from you or anyone else, but in the login screen for ME 3 I get a rolling message "AbnormalReflex has earned an achievement"

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Origin is broken right now; if you're not seeing any people online restart it and it should fix itself eventually.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Honestly I'm gonna have to say that Turian Ghost with a Harrier and Acolyte is easier to solo Geth (Silver or Gold, Platinum is way beyond me) than KroGuard.

KroGuard is still possibly/probably better against Reapers and maybe Cerberus.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Did the challenge, got the Valkyrie. Stupid.

nwin fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 28, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

nwin posted:

Did the challenge, got the Valkyrie. Gay.

Eventually, you'll have a good gun. They've buffed almost everything else that ever sucked, so there's little reason to believe they won't buff this one.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

zxqv8 posted:

Eventually, you'll have a good gun. They've buffed almost everything else that ever sucked, so there's little reason to believe they won't buff this one.
True, it's just that I'd rather have a harrier II instead of this thing right now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
e: nvm

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

precision posted:

Honestly I'm gonna have to say that Turian Ghost with a Harrier and Acolyte is easier to solo Geth (Silver or Gold, Platinum is way beyond me) than KroGuard.

KroGuard is still possibly/probably better against Reapers and maybe Cerberus.

The thing that limits the KroGuard's potential vs Reapers and Cerberus is the sync-kills, and the fact that the KroGuard simply cannot dodge beyond Charging a different target. It's definitely possible in spite of these limitations but I think it commands an awareness of animation->response that is unnecessary vs Geth.

Kroguard are beasts against Geth because, without synch-kills, with their stagger resistance, ABC and heavy melee or shotgun during your cooldown and you're generally set.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

doomfunk posted:

Kroguard are beasts against Geth because, without synch-kills, with their stagger resistance, ABC and heavy melee or shotgun during your cooldown and you're generally set.

Yeah, I just found it a bit faster on Gold with the TGI to Always Be Cloaking, hit Overload, pop heads with the Harrier, pop Stimpacks constantly, rip off Prime shields/kill Bombers with the Acolyte.

The difference between hosting solo with the Acolyte and playing in some Russian guy's game makes it feel like two different guns. When you're in someone else's game, half the time you end up bouncing the pellet off a wall and having it hit something, whereas while hosting it's like a miniature missile launcher.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Oh, definitely. I just think it's a little more brainless to succeed via the Kroguard. Not to say that you can sleepwalk through it, you just don't need to be quite as aware of your environment as you do on a class like the TGI.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Please don't do this, tia.

Unlocked the new Asari and took her for a few matches. Pairing her with a Hurricane feels right. More survivable than anticipated (6/6/6/4/4 with Stronghold V gear), nice mix of biotic explosions and close-range spraying (with increased damage due to warp/field).

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 27, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

nwin posted:

True, it's just that I'd rather have a harrier II instead of this thing right now.

Everyone would, but I'm not certain how that's relevant considering it was never a possible outcome of the Commendation Pack. It's one thing to look longingly at what you could've gotten; wishing for something you couldn't have is just torturing yourself for no reason.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Felinoid posted:

Everyone would, but I'm not certain how that's relevant considering it was never a possible outcome of the Commendation Pack. It's one thing to look longingly at what you could've gotten; wishing for something you couldn't have is just torturing yourself for no reason.
Oh, were the only other possibilities the four guns you could use for the challenge? (Hurricane, valiant, crusader, eagle?) If so is the harrier just an ultra rare that requires PSP or whatever?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

nwin posted:

Oh, were the only other possibilities the four guns you could use for the challenge? (Hurricane, valiant, crusader, eagle?) If so is the harrier just an ultra rare that requires PSP or whatever?

Yeah. Along with the new Valkyrie, those are commendation pack only weapons, to be obtained only on weekend challenges.

The rest of the UR guns are from the other packs.

e: because it isn't actually new, just new to us

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 28, 2012

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

zxqv8 posted:

Yeah. Along with the new Valkyrie, those are commendation pack only weapons, to be obtained only on weekend challenges.

The rest of the UR guns are from the other packs.
Good to know. So I just have to become a millionaire! For some reason I thought all the n7 guns were from comm packs.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

nwin posted:

Good to know. So I just have to become a millionaire!

I presume you're talking about real-life money here, because even a million spacebux won't do nearly as much as you would think towards expanding your ultra-rare collection :I

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

nwin posted:

Good to know. So I just have to become a millionaire! For some reason I thought all the n7 guns were from comm packs.

It can be confusing since they're all black-label, but when (or if) you look in your manifest you'll note that the commendation pack weapons are sectioned off into 'Promotional'. Comm pack weapons can only be gotten from comm packs, and the rest only show up in Spectre/PSPs (or maybe a Veteran if you get insanely lucky).

Still waiting on the guaranteed ultra-rare pack that they will never give us. :(

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The Acolyte is going to get nerfed so bad soon. If it happens on tuesday, I want a drell infiltrator as compensation.

Are there any new Salarian classes lined up? I don't remember one, but it would be nice to get a Sentinel or something.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Houdini posted:

The Acolyte is going to get nerfed so bad soon. If it happens on tuesday, I want a drell infiltrator as compensation.
Don't they usually only do that if the weapon becomes ridiculously prevalent? I see more Acolytes than I used to (i.e., more than none), but nothing like the Piranha, Typhoon, or Krysae in their heydays.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Grenade capacity mods give you extra stim packs :stare:

:dance:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, they do. There's even a rare gear that gives you +%AR damage and extra grenades.

(It's my favorite for Havoc)

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Don't they usually only do that if the weapon becomes ridiculously prevalent? I see more Acolytes than I used to (i.e., more than none), but nothing like the Piranha, Typhoon, or Krysae in their heydays.

It's really common on Xbox this week. I'd say more common than some of those others just because everyone has it now, where the others were new and rare after release.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

doomfunk posted:

Yeah, they do. There's even a rare gear that gives you +%AR damage and extra grenades.

(It's my favorite for Havoc)

Which ARs specifically are you using? I'm not familiar with them never really played a turian until now. My havoc at the moment is having some good success with the hurricane and a bit of a melee focus but I'm interesting in trying some other stuff.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I use the Phaeston a lot, but honestly once I get my Harrier above I I can see myself switching to it. Its current ammo reserve (at I) is abysmal.

The Phaeston, with Turian stability bonuses, shoots almost straight even when firing un-aimed. You can chain up headshots really reliably with it. It's on par with the Hurricane IMO; doesn't fire quite as fast, but each shot seems like it does a tiny bit more damage.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Just played my first match with the Vorcha Soldier since the patch that changed tech combos.

That uh, that sure was a lot of fire explosions. :stare:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Moola posted:

Just played my first match with the Vorcha Soldier since the patch that changed tech combos.

That uh, that sure was a lot of fire explosions. :stare:

STRONGEST!

Did they add in any Vorcha calls for the Collectors?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Alright I just encountered a weird problem I had before with the turian havoc and hurricane. I got all the stability bonuses except the last one and put a stability mod on the weapon, with this the aiming reticule doesn't move even a single millimeter... until some random point when I hit a high level and all of a sudden it acts like there's no stability at all and the gun swings up wildly. I didn't remove the mod, the skills are exactly the same, what gives? I had to respec last time and it looks like I'll have to do that again but I would really like to avoid this poo poo it makes the weapon go from amazing to a pain in the rear end in the blink of an eye. I have a feeling it's some kind of bug like the old shockwave not working at a certain rank or whatever, the only difference between when it worked and now is I spent a bunch of skill points I had saved up but it was all for havoc strike / stim pack / fitness so none of it should have messed with the stability.

edit: also unrelated but stim pack is only doing the full screen colour change maybe once in every five times I use it, what's the deal with this? Am I still getting all the stat bonuses?

I love this guy on paper but it's getting to be more annoying than fun with seemingly arbitrary problems like this.

Mr. Unlucky fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 28, 2012

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's a bug. The stability bonuses randomly stop working sometimes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Doctor Spaceman posted:

STRONGEST!

Did they add in any Vorcha calls for the Collectors?

I wonder if Mark Meer still did the vorcha voices for this game, he did in ME2. Also, nobody got any specific calls for Collectors. Just "HOSTILES!"

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

tiberion02 posted:

We desperately need a new "Goons on PC" spreadsheet. OP one is horribly out of date.

As someone near the top of the old one I agree, lets see if this new one gets off the ground. If whoever maintained the old one or thread OP or whoever wants editing access for some reason just email me (sheet owner) or post here. Early adopters missing a location can email me, origin chat me or post here if you want one added.

Form too add yourself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE6MQ#gid=0
See the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsEfdgN9LqzedG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE#gid=0

Jessant fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Nice idea. Went ahead and added myself.

In other news thanks to the increase in points from husk kills I'm close to finally getting the reaper mastery banner. I want that death guard title :twisted:

• Locked thread