Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BraveUlysses posted:

I always wondered if those things drove well or not but never was curious enough to try test driving one.

Drives exactly like a Corolla does in the turns or under brakes. Accelerates and sounds like a VTEC Honda.

Q_res posted:

This could be an extremely awesome way to burn a shitload of money.

If you got this car in Lemons, there's no way the judges would penalize you for spending over to get it or half assing a theme. Everybody would be paying entry fees just to see that thing try to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Q_res posted:

This could be an extremely awesome way to burn a shitload of money.

One of these lives near me. I pass it every day on my way to work. It's in a driveway and sometimes it's not there, so I assume it is in working condition. I guess sometimes all the tolerances line up and create something workable?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That shifter.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3362229665.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Obviously, if you keep increasing the price of a car, it will surely sell! This is a 318i for what its worth. And its in dreadful condition, not worth over 600.

Misplaced Yankee
Jan 29, 2009

The best part about this is that he's complaining about getting tickets, yet says he doesn't need the $10 part to fix his speedometer. His RPM gauge is all he needs.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3370330684.html

That sure is a thing.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Jesus christ, that thing is... something. I'd say it belongs on Jalopnik's Nice-Price or Crack-Pipe except I can't see it getting above 5% Nice Price.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Real gold, perhaps? A bit pricey for my blood even if it does have the 2ZZ(?)

e: forgot the link http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3360438129.html

I paid 9000 for my 08 base model with less miles but if could've bought one in my area I would've in heart beat. Not because theyre awesome or fast or anything but you get a corolla and all the practical things about it (except losing some MPG) with a 6 speed and a little more power.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Actual gold?

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1973-BMW-2002-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ405459141

I'm a BMW guy but I'm not really sure what the 2002 market is like, especially up north. Always loved 2002s though.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I like how in both the title and the description he emphasized that it's Mercury's version of the Pinto, as if that were a selling point.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Kenshin posted:

Jesus christ, that thing is... something. I'd say it belongs on Jalopnik's Nice-Price or Crack-Pipe except I can't see it getting above 5% Nice Price.

I am pretty sure this where it is both a nice price and a crack-pipe

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Fool's gold

quote:

1987 ae86 corolla gts 4age 20v black top fast sell - $2000 (vallejo / benicia)
I just got this car and I have to sell it I just need something that's more reliable and that doesn't need that much work,
cash only 2000
needs a hot smog, no backfees on non-op, expired september 2012
Car is not running and needs a new fuel pump don't have time to install
No trades!

1987 ae86 corolla sr5 converted to gts
Engine is 1996 4age 20v black top with itb's
-Godspeed adjustable coilover
-welded diff
-supra 14in rims
-anti roll bars front and rear
-strut/sway bars front and rear
-exhuast upgrade
-gts seats
-clean title body chassis is straight
-still have a lot of thread on all 4 wheels

Cons
-car doesn't have center console, heater, ac, or stereo,
-interior isn't perfect has a couple tears in seats
-will not pass smog ofcourse
-firewall cut to big for distributor on the back of the engine to fit

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3360005233.html

Valkyn
Jun 6, 2004

Have you seen this camwhore before?
Somebody buy this thing http://ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/3375096787.html

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
wait wait wait
rear engine and FRONT WHEEL DRIVE?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Edit: no

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Man, that guy sure does hate the winter, doesn't he?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CornHolio posted:

I don't like it either. You will like it less when you move to Frozen Balls Michigan.

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
Check out all the melted rubber on the front fenders.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
The engine appears to be sitting on box steel resting on the floor panel.
That seems like a bad idea.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

He raised his price to 2500.

Ganbatte, lil SR5.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tai-Pan posted:

The engine appears to be sitting on box steel resting on the floor panel.
That seems like a bad idea.

Out of everything going on there, THAT is what you chose as the bad idea?

Misplaced Yankee
Jan 29, 2009

CornHolio posted:

Western NY can get more snow then anywhere else at the drop of a hat. I grew up there, and it really is atrocious. If you grew up there it doesn't seem that bad. But after leaving, and then coming back to find out a foot of snow on your car after parking 6 hours, you really learn to hate winter.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Bad ideas are the fun ones. :colbert:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Hog Obituary posted:

wait wait wait
rear engine and FRONT WHEEL DRIVE?

gently caress, I always wondered if an RF car would ever exist.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The Dymaxion was that way. Had rear steer too.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cto/3332994981.html
:rimshot:
This guy is a real character isn't it?

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Truly a great car. Perhaps the greatest car... But do you think you can handle it???

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

Truly a great car. Perhaps the greatest car... But do you think you can handle it???

I kind of hooked up with a woman who bought one of these new and has put very few miles on it. I know these cars deserve all sorts of derision but in really good condition are they at least somewhat AI worthy or are they complete crap?

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Its the same thing as a Mitsubishi 3000GT. The R/T is actually decently fast but it's FF layout. 6.0 0-60 / 14.5 quater mile according to the venerable Thunderbird Super Coupe Club of Iowa. Those are actually some pretty good numbers if correct.

I always kinda pegged them as sub par in the world mid-ninties sport compacts for some reason, though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

Its the same thing as a Mitsubishi 3000GT. The R/T is actually decently fast but it's FF layout. 6.0 0-60 / 14.5 quater mile according to the venerable Thunderbird Super Coupe Club of Iowa. Those are actually some pretty good numbers if correct.

I always kinda pegged them as sub par in the world mid-ninties sport compacts for some reason, though.

Yeah, I heard that the R/T was worth it but the fact that it's FWD is just laughable.

The car is just way too big and bulky to compete with real FWD competitors like the ITR et al.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

FIRST TIME posted:

Yeah, I heard that the R/T was worth it but the fact that it's FWD is just laughable.

The car is just way too big and bulky to compete with real FWD competitors like the ITR et al.

It also has luxury and comfort features, the ITR is a stripped down economy car.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FIRST TIME posted:

I kind of hooked up with a woman who bought one of these new and has put very few miles on it. I know these cars deserve all sorts of derision but in really good condition are they at least somewhat AI worthy or are they complete crap?

Eh... I personally think the FWD 3si's were crap. The AWD TT ones were ok if you like hurting yourself. The V6 and associated plumbing are literally crammed in there. Even with 300+ on tap the car was still a boat plus all the electronics were still very much Mitsubishi in that nothing will work after 6 years. And they were stupid expensive. I think the VR-4 Spyder's still go for a chunk of change.

Of all the 90's twin turbo sleds the 3si was by far the worst. That being said I think the pre-facelift 3kGT is drat sexy for a trash barge.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 4, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

Probably because they handle like poo poo and most had anemic parts bin minivan motors in them.

I had one. For about 3 months.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Polymerized Cum posted:

It also has luxury and comfort features, the ITR is a stripped down economy car.

The ITR is also widely considered the best FWD car of all time.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

The basic 3000GT has nothing going for it besides fabulous looks but the VR-4 was an amazing piece of engineering for its day, even though it weighed nearly two tons and was powered by a transverse twin turbo V6 adapted from a minivan that was notorious for destroying timing belts and being inside a nightmarishly cramped engine bay.

Despite all that, it had a feature list that is still impressive- twin turbo, AWD, four-wheel steering, active aerodynamics, electronically-controlled suspension, adjustable exhaust note, 18" wheels, top-of-the-line stereo... I doubt anyone can really argue that it was a better car than the Supra Turbo or 300ZX TT, but it was a bold and crazy machine and I wish Mitsubishi still was ambitious enough to make cars like it.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
The vr4 weighed in the 3781 lbs range which was heavy back then, but now that seems pretty par for the course for modern cars of its segment.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

G-Mach posted:

The vr4 weighed in the 3781 lbs range which was heavy back then, but now that seems pretty par for the course for modern cars of its segment.

And nowadays those cars have 100-200 more horsepower. And back then its competitors had similar power but weighed up to about a thousand pounds less. The only thing it had going for it was AWD.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

FIRST TIME posted:

Had one of these, the later DC5, and it was so good someone stole it. In all seriousness it was an amazing car but not great for long journeys. Didn't stop me driving it 1000 miles each way to see friends in Sweden in it twice.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Ugh. My dream worst car ever. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

FIRST TIME posted:

It was also first offered in the US after the Stealth was discontinued, so I'm not sure why they are being compared as they never competed in the marketplace.