Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's a bug. The stability bonuses randomly stop working sometimes.

Is there any more information out there about this? Is the only fix a promotion or respec or will it just randomly start working again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

There's no need to respec; it just happens from time to time and will fix itself on its own.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Jessant posted:

As someone near the top of the old one I agree, lets see if this new one gets off the ground. If whoever maintained the old one or thread OP or whoever wants editing access for some reason just email me (sheet owner) or post here.

Form too add yourself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE6MQ#gid=0
See the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsEfdgN9LqzedG9ZTFIwWGZnRkp4ajBrdnpQcGNtelE#gid=0

I went ahead and added myself to this. :toot:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Added myself. I'm in Australia, so times might not work out well.

(E: Can someone delete the duplicate entry?)

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 28, 2012

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Eagle VII :yotj:

And now that I've almost maxed out the booby prize, thus never having to get it again they seem to have added another brand new even bigger booby prize.

Great

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

^^ Hey, the Eagle's not bad now. It's not Best Pistol Ever material but it's really light and packs a fair amount of punch for how rapidly it fires. Slap some special ammo on it and put it on an Engineer for a burst party.

I left a note on myself that says I'm a bit of a night owl; I'm not kidding. I stay up quite late, to where I'm more in line with Europeans and often Australians in terms of playable hours.

So maybe they will work out well!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Added myself as well. Euro time, but my sleeping patterns tend to be all over the place.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Apparently the bug where you get All The Skill Points isn't restricted to/caused by getting one of the new character cards when you already had them maxed, or whatever, and also isn't fixed because last night I had it happen to me with Turian Havoc (unmaxed options) and today with the Demolisher.

It's incredibly annoying because allegedly they ban people for using a character that happens to, but it's like, gently caress you Bioware, I didn't try to get this bug, and now you're telling me I have to either promote or respec if I want to use the character? That's grade A bullskeet.

RE: Acolyte - everyone uses it on PS3 right now. Literally everyone. I think it'll get nerfed, but probably they'll just make it weigh more than what it currently does (which is exactly "nothing" at level X).

Just maxed out the Collector Assault Rifle and it's actually a drat good gun. It's completely stable on any character, has a great clip size, does decent damage, isn't too heavy (but just a bit on the heavy side for pure casters).

I was using it on VorSol and doing just super with it.

I still haven't even tried the Collector SMG after how badly everyone has been trashing it.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Added myself to the new list as well.

I like how it's broken down by platform, but I still think this game needs a damned chat lobby.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Pumpking posted:

Nice idea. Went ahead and added myself.

In other news thanks to the increase in points from husk kills I'm close to finally getting the reaper mastery banner. I want that death guard title :twisted:

Wish they'd do the same with Guardians. I almost have Cerberus Mastery just from playing normally, except for Guardians which I don't even have rank 1 on.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Added myself to the list. Sorry for not playing earlier, Origin was giving me poo poo (and apparently still is). Someone has to be on right now right? So I guess maybe the Origin servers are screwy?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

Apparently the bug where you get All The Skill Points isn't restricted to/caused by getting one of the new character cards when you already had them maxed, or whatever, and also isn't fixed because last night I had it happen to me with Turian Havoc (unmaxed options) and today with the Demolisher.

It's incredibly annoying because allegedly they ban people for using a character that happens to, but it's like, gently caress you Bioware, I didn't try to get this bug, and now you're telling me I have to either promote or respec if I want to use the character? That's grade A bullskeet.

RE: Acolyte - everyone uses it on PS3 right now. Literally everyone. I think it'll get nerfed, but probably they'll just make it weigh more than what it currently does (which is exactly "nothing" at level X).

Just maxed out the Collector Assault Rifle and it's actually a drat good gun. It's completely stable on any character, has a great clip size, does decent damage, isn't too heavy (but just a bit on the heavy side for pure casters).

I was using it on VorSol and doing just super with it.

I still haven't even tried the Collector SMG after how badly everyone has been trashing it.

I promoted my havoc with bugged stats and I went to the level up screen he had armiter's legion completely maxed out at level 1.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

zxqv8 posted:

I still think this game needs a damned chat lobby.
That, or Origin needs some feature like creating groups and group chat like Steam's. Or maybe a feature to set a status message for yourself that people would see beside your name in the friends list. Like, "Sticking to silver tonight to unwind" or "Need me some motherfucking credits, let's grind some Plat games, goons!" or whatever.

On an unrelated sidenote, I want that goddamn Batarian Vanguard yesterday.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Added myself to the list.

Having been playing with the Valkyrie (the class), I have to say I like it. The Fury is great and all, but I think the Valkyrie works better with other classes, at least most of the time. It's not as tough as I'd like (500 shields, really?), but it is a bit tougher. Having only warp means it's easier for your teammates to work with you. Whether they're priming anything, or detonating biotics, they can be sure you'll be sending out a warp every few seconds. The Asari dodge is also a bit better for rushing towards/away from enemies, since you don't have the delay before you actually move. It's much easier to dodge banshee warps and the like.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Went on a mad friending spree, the new document was a bold, brilliant move.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Welp I am literally the only PS3 player on the new Goon List. I don't know if I should feel special or... "special".

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I'd suggest you get it on Origin but you're already in pretty deep on PS3, man. :shobon:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hopefully with the new document I will actually have people on my friendslist that play the game. None of the goons from the old list are ever on anymore.. :(

Also I play into the wee hours of the morning so I'm game for playing with duders from any region.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Javelin with HVB, AP and Drill rounds 3 all at once on a GI is ridiculous. I was surprised when there was a set of walls I couldn't shoot through.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

That, or Origin needs some feature like creating groups and group chat like Steam's. Or maybe a feature to set a status message for yourself that people would see beside your name in the friends list. Like, "Sticking to silver tonight to unwind" or "Need me some motherfucking credits, let's grind some Plat games, goons!" or whatever.

Pretty much this.

I'm not going to suggest that having a community is necessarily a good thing, because look at the BSN forums and imagine that coming into the game too. But without some kind of status information, or a chat room or something, we'll all be ruining each others solo games (sorry sponge!) or getting into stuff we're not really interested in doing half the time.

Capitalism has produced a lot of good things. Origin isn't one of them. I'd be fine if they just ape every last thing Steam does, because gently caress this clunky bullshit.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
For that matter, is anyone else having more CTDs lately? Two so far for me this weekend, after a drought of weeks or months.

Tyrel Lohr
Mar 1, 2007

No, sir, I don't care for Frungy.
My biggest complaint with multiplayer is that there's no way of knowing if someone is actually on playing in a full game or just sitting idle. You get in the middle of a match and you just can't get a message off to someone to let them know that you're locked down when you get invited (that happened this morning with Norduck). A status message that told people "yep, I'm here, invite me" whether they're in game or just available would really be helpful.

Has anyone else had a big problem the last few days finding lobbies that weren't horribly laggy? I've had a string of bad luck lately, I think, because in most of the games that I've joined I've ended up out of synch by the end of the first wave, with myself and other teammates visibly jumping around back and forth. I had one incident this afternoon when I was mid-animation grabbing a Geth Rocket Trooper when all of a sudden the game said "nuh uh" and moved the geth across the lower platform on Vancouver so it could run around and shoot other people. Strangest bit of lag I've run into lately.

What's worse is that I still came out at the top in those high lag games, and half the time I couldn't tell what I was shooting at. :psyduck:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

zxqv8 posted:

I'd be fine if they just ape every last thing Steam does, because gently caress this clunky bullshit.
Offline messaging is the one thing I can think of that Origin does better than Steam.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Added myself.

Unfortunately I've been doing a lot of boring-rear end soloing to grind out weapon challenges. But I've finished all five weapon banners now! :yotj:

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I just want to thank the poor goons who more or less carried me through a couple Gold games. After embarrassing myself as a Vorcha Sentinel with nothing but a Reegar equipped, I resigned myself to playing a Volus and tried to make up for my dead weight by spamming shields. I swear I can hold my own in Gold... just, not as a shieldless, rangeless class. So thanks for the credits! Got a Justicar and a KiShock out of it, too.

I'm on my last few Blood Pack challenges, and since two of them are the Krogan and Vorcha soldiers, I was curious how people are speccing them now that Carnage is great for explosions. Is it worth taking all the way, or just 3 or 4 points? I don't actually know how tech explosions calculate their damage.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Tyrel Lohr posted:

My biggest complaint with multiplayer is that there's no way of knowing if someone is actually on playing in a full game or just sitting idle. You get in the middle of a match and you just can't get a message off to someone to let them know that you're locked down when you get invited (that happened this morning with Norduck). A status message that told people "yep, I'm here, invite me" whether they're in game or just available would really be helpful.

Before they changed things up, people complained that you could never tell if someone's game was full because there was no visible difference and you could try to join full games. Bioware fixed this by removing joining and the MP symbol from people in a full game. Now people are naturally complaining that there's no way to tell if someone's in a full MP game or if they're playing SP, or just sitting idle waiting for something. Unfortunately I rather suspect Bioware/EA's response to this will be "pfft, they're never satisfied" instead of "hmm, maybe we need more than two visible states, or perhaps some additional method of status communication".

And yeah, I haven't been able to find a single game today that didn't have either horrible lag (sprinting out of cover immediately desyncs, etc.) or stupid-rear end game settings (there's no reason to specify map or enemy below Gold, except maybe if you haven't tried something new yet). Well, that's not entirely true. I did find one a bit ago. And then the next round it crashed my game on Wave 2. :negative:

Mustache Villainy posted:

I'm on my last few Blood Pack challenges, and since two of them are the Krogan and Vorcha soldiers, I was curious how people are speccing them now that Carnage is great for explosions. Is it worth taking all the way, or just 3 or 4 points? I don't actually know how tech explosions calculate their damage.

Tech bursts, fire explosions, and cryo explosions all calculate their damage by combined rank of the abilities used (plus any explosion evo bonuses), just like biotic explosions do. For how far to take Carnage, though, that depends on the individual class. The Krogan Soldier for example, depending on how you want to go with him you might sacrifice Fortification for the most part, and max out Incendiary Grenades and Carnage for all of the fire explosions. All of them.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 28, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Incendiary grenades really are crazy. Dropping three on any spawn will kill everything short of bosses on Gold. And they all walk out hurt like hell too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Only 14 more complete games to go with the batarian soldier and I can claim my Blood Pack banner. There's no way I'm going to grind for any of the other 200 waves challenges after this.

Also I found that the geth bomber electrical attack counts as a melee attack, I've killed some with Blade Armor. They can spam that attack a lot too.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Felinoid posted:

And yeah, I haven't been able to find a single game today that didn't have either horrible lag (sprinting out of cover immediately desyncs, etc.) or stupid-rear end game settings (there's no reason to specify map or enemy below Gold, except maybe if you haven't tried something new yet).
Challenges. God help me, I played London all day to knock out the 15 extractions requirement for the Survivor banner. With newly promoted characters. With pubbies. Only on Silver, but Christ. I joined games in progress where the other 2-3 had wiped on round 1 or 2, I saw a Volus Engineer who never used shield boost, I saw horrors you cannot imagine.

Finally, I finished, put the map search on random, and...got put into London. And then lost my connection in round 8. :negative:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Felinoid posted:

The Krogan Soldier for example, depending on how you want to go with him you might sacrifice Fortification for the most part, and max out Incendiary Grenades and Carnage for all of the fire explosions. All of them.
I'm repeating myself from a bit earlier, but I did this and it works fantastically. Especially so since I use light enough guns to keep my cooldown at max speed and run incendiary ammo. BURN EVERYTHING! :black101: :supaburn:
I'd say this even works a lot better than with the VorSol since you won't have to deal with cooldown on both the flamer and carnage.

Tyrel Lohr posted:

You get in the middle of a match and you just can't get a message off to someone to let them know that you're locked down when you get invited (that happened this morning with Norduck). A status message that told people "yep, I'm here, invite me" whether they're in game or just available would really be helpful.
Yeah no worries, I just sent out invitations in case anyone was available, but ended up joining Orlok the Eternal and his friend's game myself. So yeah it would be real handy to have some means of letting people know how available you are. As it stands we can only spam invites to everyone and see what happens.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 28, 2012

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Added myself too. I'm friends with a few ME goons already, but it's tough getting matched up with them.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Would someone mind editing out the hotmail part of my entry? I submitted it on my phone and predictive text decided to enter my entire email address. :stare:

I neglected the Collector Sniper Rifle as I've been too busy with the Graal, but managed to level it up to 7. It's a really cool gun. I prefer to use it as a beam rather than pulse fire it.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The document works, I've just had an awesome goon game. Paladin/QME/Human Engineer means you can wipe a reaper spawn in seconds even when the spawn is nothing but brutes and banshees. The best part is standing infront of a brute to snap freeze and getting a paladin centered fire explosion every cast (keeps those swarmers and husks off you).

Also I can confirm Collectors are bullshit. It's the totally-not-reskinned-husks that are the problem. Why do they blow up like a grenade even when they're not possessed again?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

DatonKallandor posted:

Also I can confirm Collectors are bullshit. It's the totally-not-reskinned-husks that are the problem. Why do they blow up like a grenade even when they're not possessed again?

They did that in me2.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Cool, origin overlay has stopped working and nothing I've tried so far has compelled it to come back. :negative:

edit: turns out my f9 key was jammed in. Neat.

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 28, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Collectors are still just too overwhelming in general. I managed to clear Collectors with a few goons and others on Platinum, and now that I've proven I can, I feel no need to do so ever again.

I like a challenge, really I do. But they just suck the fun out of the experience and replace it with incredulous frustration in every wave.

I know, I know, :qq: It's really just not a fun faction to play, in my estimation.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Tremors posted:

They did that in me2.

Doesn't make them any less bullshit or lazy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do Cluster grenades detonate fire explosions? Because VorSent could be amazing with that...

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Do Cluster grenades detonate fire explosions? Because VorSent could be amazing with that...

Yes. Flamer for a split second, Cluster Grenade follow up = BOOM.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I stopped playing before any of the DLC was released because I'd pretty much seen everything already. So I was wondering, is the new difficulty basically just for people who have been playing forever and have level X everything? I could beat gold games but it was pretty drat tough.

• Locked thread