Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
You people and your undead furries. Jeeze.

Edit: WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START A NEW PAGE! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Can someone remind me why the Martells and the Tyrells hate each other?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Because the Viper hosed up the elder Tyrell boy Willas' leg in a joust. Willas bears no grudges himself, just stupid Mace.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

gently caress Mace erryday, get him and Tarly and pour boiling oil in their eyesssss.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narahari posted:

In fact, my basic criticism of the book compared with the others in the series might just be why so many people love it. Gurm seems to lose control over his story.

And I blame it on ASoS. If it had been better controlled, there's a decent chance Gurm could have finished the series by now, with the chance of an actual, fully satisfying conclusion. Instead, we're left with a series that is very unlikely to be complete, and will only end up with a Lost-like conclusion that will only satisfying a fraction of the audience because of how much of the bloat cannot possibly be tied together neatly.

But GRRM is left with a cash cow that won't end until his fetid corpse is left half buried in the new mexican desert.

He clearly didn't plan this out, and nothing he has written before has been this vast in scope. It isn't even a finished series yet, much less one that was edited from beginning to end to tighten up the storyline.

I'm of the belief that he sold his sold to the devil, to write a trilogy and become "the american tolkien". Well, he got to book 3, and said gently caress this, I can do this without Beezle-Nuts help.. and we see books 4 & 5 proved him wrong. I take comfort in knowing the horrible punishment the afterlife reserves for those such as grmm.

Personally I think the books will "end" with Zombie-Jon snow sitting on the wall, having just defeated some faction, and there will still be years of long cold night in front of them - and nothing will be truly resolved.. the "Game of thrones" will be ongoing, because in the future there is only war... I think that is his only hope - there is no happy ending to this shitheap.

His publisher will love it because if he balances it right, there will be a giant world (ala dragonlance) to piece out to lovely writer after lovely writer. He can end that way because at some level that has been the point all along - there are no happy endings, there is just The Game.
You don't have resolution, you just have different players.

Anyway, now that you are done - you should check out GRRMs WILDCARDS series. Some say its his best work, actually.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hey, thornghost, you should have PMs.

Since you don't, though, I'll let you know I liked your October spooky story and appeciated how you simply linked to it off-site.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Hey wildcards bros, thanks for showing up to the thing. You cats are magical. ;-*

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Harassing this thread for your contest was a pro-click. If anyone can write depraved fiction, it would probably be Double-Goatse & Icicle-like Clits: the Thread.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Harassing this thread for your contest was a pro-click. If anyone can write depraved fiction, it would probably be Double-Goatse & Icicle-like Clits: the Thread.

BoT, after the first few paragraphs of yours I thought I was going to be reading a satanic version of The Pear-Shaped Man. Fortunately that was not the case.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Writing that poo poo was weird, man. Just shoved as much gross blood-stuff in as I could think of, and one of my friends told me she nearly puked. I won! :v:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
For what it's worth I goddamn loved it :colbert:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

bigmcgaffney posted:

BoT, after the first few paragraphs of yours I thought I was going to be reading a satanic version of The Pear-Shaped Man. Fortunately that was not the case.

You mean the Pear-Shaped Man was not Satanic enough?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Writing that poo poo was weird, man. Just shoved as much gross blood-stuff in as I could think of, and one of my friends told me she nearly puked. I won! :v:

I read it and I was not even close to puking thanks to the aggresively disturbing lactations of this thread, but I did have to scroll down quickly to make sure it wasn't some kind of Melisandre fan fiction. Definitely a winner!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sophia posted:

aggresively disturbing lactations

I hope I never come across a situation irl that this phrase would describe.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

I, on the other hand... :getin:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The Fine Arts > The Book Barn > ADWD - Aggressively Disturbing Lactations

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Like Dany in the climax to AGOT? I think that was my first clue that GRRM wasn't quite on the level.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I am happy to announce we have been successfully rehabilitated and ready to re-enter society as a functioning not pony poster.

Now hurry up and polish off A Game of Bones so we can start on a Clash of Cocks for NaNoWriMo.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Contra Calculus posted:

You guys are going to milk that phrase for all it's worth, aren't you?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I think I lactated hard tonight, but was it agressive enough for the bad thread?????

??

Prolly not

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

casa de mi padre posted:

You guys are going to milk that phrase for all it's worth, aren't you?

Welcome to the Bad Thread. :getin:

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Mutato posted:

I am happy to announce we have been successfully rehabilitated and ready to re-enter society as a functioning not pony poster.

Now hurry up and polish off A Game of Bones so we can start on a Clash of Cocks for NaNoWriMo.

:frogbon::respek::smugdog:

Pony posting vacation over. Time to celebrate by starting work on A CLASH OF COCKS.

Just a heads up: I'm preemptively stealing the Denny chapter where she visits The Tomb of the Unliving. Hallucinations of tentacle rape and making GBS threads dick nipples to follow soon. :iamafag:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
You're never going to finish any of these 'novels', are you? Just gonna skip merrily along from unfinished TOTALLY ORIGINAL WORK to TOTALLY ORIGINAL WORK.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Seriously, I want AGOB on my iPhone for discreet reading in lecture.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I want the entirety of Game of Bones sky-written above the white house on election day, with the 24 hour news networks thoughtfully dissecting each thrust and excretion until all politics is forgotten, the election is abandoned, and the soothing voice of Anderson Cooper reading it live and uncensored leads the whole country to go gently caress-mad like the climax of Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

And with every American having spent themselves on their partner, we enter a new golden age without laws or leaders. Only a world of lovely GRRMfic and stretched anuses.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Careful with all that sexy talk now, you don't want to get GRRM excited. God knows what might happen...

This is our new ruler when Game of Bones replaces the Bible after the inevitable sexpocalypse.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I will be named Pope Assplay I, and my first act will be to excommunicate Azure_Horizon and IRQ until they complete the seven trials of begrudging manlust.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I will be named Pope Assplay I, and my first act will be to excommunicate Azure_Horizon and IRQ until they complete the seven trials of begrudging manlust.

It's good to have you back. Your avatar is still the scariest thing here.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

ExpletiveDeleted posted:

Careful with all that sexy talk now, you don't want to get GRRM excited. God knows what might happen...

This is our new ruler when Game of Bones replaces the Bible after the inevitable sexpocalypse.

"ORANGE CATHOLIC GAME OF BONES: the "Accumulated Book," the religious text produced by the Commission of Aggressive Lactators. It contains ORIGINAL CONTENT, DO NOT STEAL, including references to 50 Shades of Gray, The Song of Ice and Fire Series, Goatse and Bad Thread traditions. Its supreme commandment is considered to be: "Thou shalt not be an absolute fucker."

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

ExpletiveDeleted posted:

The un-GRRMed picture of this was on the front page of CNN.com the other day and I shut my laptop in fear.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

^ How long until the unedited version hits CNN, I wonder.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's lemon cakes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thou shalt not blog about football. To do this makes one an absolute fucker.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I bloggef about football once, and from my head promptly sprouted a sweaty captains hat, fused to my scalp

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Ty knelt before Gurm with his mouth open like a catholic waiting for communion. Gurm gave a high pitched grunt and a giggly snort as he adjusted his robes to expose his engorged teats. With a gentleness that belied his stubby, sausage-like digits, he prodded and pinched his shy, reluctant nipples. With his inspection done and the left breast chosen, he gripped it both firmly and gently. As his tumescent neep glistened wetly with pre-lactate, he set to work with a yeoman-like vigor. His grunts and snorts picked up in pace and volume as he used both hands to pump his left teat like a blacksmith working his bellows. The sweaty, voluminous mounds of his torso rippled and quaked as he increased his rhythmic pumping and with a final shriek of rapture and release, his turgid nipple shot forth it's cargo of aggressively disturbing lactations into Ty's eager mouth.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
5/10, Ty needs the greasy milk of the Gurm dribbled into his man-womb.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So that's the blood of GRRM, but what's the body?

e: vvv oh GOD DAMMIT GRRM vv

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Oh wow, the latest Not a Blog entry is Gurmy as hell, entitled "Love Them Heifers":

quote:

Who says that Cersei Lannister is a cold, calculating, uncaring sort of queen?

Far from it. Her Grace loves the simple folk, and to prove it, here's a swell new picture of her getting all nekkid just to help them buy some cows, sheeps, and goats...

The art is by Lee Moyer, a lover of the classic pin-up girl and doer of good deeds. It's part of his soon-to-be-released 2013 Literary Pin-Up calendar, all of the proceeds of which will go to Worldbuilders on behalf of Heifer International.

Cersei will be in good company. This year's calendar also features brand new, never before pin-ups of characters created by Peter S. Beagle, Ray Bradbury, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, Jacqueline Carey, Neil Gaiman, Charlaine Harris, Robin Hobb, N.K. Jemisin, Terry Pratchett, and Patrick Rothfuss. All guaranteed saucy. So if you're a lover of fantasy, of "good girl" art, literature, the female form, or feeding the world's poor... actually, helping them feed themselves... this is a calendar you need to have.

Best of all, you can pre-order NOW. Just go to:

http://thetinkerspacks.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-2013-pin-up-calendar

My hat is off to Lee Moyer, and to the tireless and talented Patrick Rothfuss, who put this whole thing together. "If we can get the word out," Rothfuss writes, "I know it will raise a lot of money for Heifer International." Let's make it so, boys and (yes) girls.

Current Mood: Happy
If that doesn't inspire completion for A Game of Bones, I don't know what will.

v Yeah, but Gaiman and Pratchett?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Of course Rothfuss was involved in this poo poo.

Ray Bradbury is loving spinning in his grave.

Urdnot Fire posted:

v Yeah, but Gaiman and Pratchett?

On the latter, maybe they got him in a low-cognitive function moment. On the former, I have no idea. Seems a little gross for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If Sandy knocks out power for long enough I'll be reduced to writing Gurmfic in the internet-less waterlogged Capitol Wasteland.

:ohdear:

e: Hurricanes really need more menacing names.