Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Bored? Looking for something to do on a Friday night?

WHY NOT GAME?

This is the place to post one shots, pick up games, whatever. See if anyone is around, maybe they want to play something too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yo Uncle Kwyndig is holding Storygame time.

Come play Dungeon World with me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I would be down for trying out single shot games like Fiasco, A Penny for My Thoughts, Shock, etc.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Heliotrope posted:

I would be down for trying out single shot games like Fiasco, A Penny for My Thoughts, Shock, etc.

I would, too, if I could ever get syncirc to work.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
I'd be that dude to run one-shots of Fiasco and the other poo poo I've spent :10bux: :10bux: in Kickstarter money for.

Also crazy houseruled D&D 3e and 4e one shots.

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011
I'll play pretty much anything, just throw me a PM.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

MadRhetoric posted:

I'd be that dude to run one-shots of Fiasco and the other poo poo I've spent :10bux: :10bux: in Kickstarter money for.

Looking at Kickstarter games I have (too many), would anyone be interested in trying out Dog Eat Dog?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Pumpkin_Paine posted:

Bored? Looking for something to do on a Friday night?

WHY NOT GAME?

This is the place to post one shots, pick up games, whatever. See if anyone is around, maybe they want to play something too!

On that note, first person to write into my recruitment thread for Second Hand Lords and take Dagon's character has it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Thinking of running through the D&D Next playtext materials on Roll20 this weekend. I have always kept meaning to check out the D&D Next stuff so I figure now is my chance. No exact time is set yet for when it will happen other than sometime this weekend.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Looking for two or three more guys to play NWOD Hunter over IRC. We'll basically start playing as soon as I have a few guys together and online at the same time.

Join SynIrc #IndigoHunter if interested.

Will run a game and see how it goes, if its a success maybe run another. I'm GMT but can stay up late most nights.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Mordiceius posted:

Thinking of running through the D&D Next playtext materials on Roll20 this weekend. I have always kept meaning to check out the D&D Next stuff so I figure now is my chance. No exact time is set yet for when it will happen other than sometime this weekend.

I'm interested in this. Need a Fighter?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
It's Friday night and I wanna try out Sacred BBQ. Has anyone run Expedition to the Awful Peaks? How do I get in on that action?

Lobster_Horde
Dec 21, 2012

FEEDING FRENZY
E: On reflection, I don't think I put this in the right place. Sorry.

Lobster_Horde fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 9, 2013

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
In five and a half hours, I'll be running a Last Stand one-shot on Roll20, if there's anyone interested go ahead and post in this thread; there are provided pregens.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
This seems under utilized, but I just got cut early from my Friday night shift, so I'd like to make use of this thread; any games for me to pick up in?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

GAME TONIGHT

At about 23:30 GMT, I'm going to run a 1-shot Dungeon World dungeon crawl over IIRC. I'll edit the name of the room into this post after I've restarted my PC, but make a guy and come play for a few hours!

Edit: Join Indigogame on SynIrc!

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 27, 2013

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Hey, I've got to get a playtest in for my submission to the Traditional Games Feb Design Contest and most of my group has dropped out on me. So, if anyone is down for a playtest session on Roll20 in about 30 minutes (7:30pm Central Time), check out my game: Caverns and Wyrms

I'll be starting up a channel on syn.irc.net in a few and edit the channel name in when ready.

Edit: Ok, on irc.synirc.net #CnW if anyone is interested or has any questions. Going to be trying to start as soon as I've got 2 or 3 more people.

Full up now, thanks everyone!

lord_daeloth fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 27, 2013

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Eberron: Mission to the Mournland
I'll be running a 4e high-level one-shot on Saturday, March 9, at 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8). Contact me on Skype at dead_paragon and we'll suss out the details. Bring a level 16 character, and prepare to DIE.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 8, 2013

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Captain Walker posted:

Eberron: Mission to the Mournland
I'll be running a 4e high-level one-shot on Saturday, March 9, at 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8). Contact me on Skype at dead_paragon and we'll suss out the details. Bring a level 16 character, and prepare to DIE.

Gee, I sure do love weekend plans suddenly and unexpectedly changing. CANCELLED.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Gonna run some Dungeon World in when I can get a couple more people. Mics heavily encouraged (prob doing voice through Skype as R20 can be a little shaky), bring a level 1 character.

Party is currently fighter, druid, mage.

Aaaand done.

PublicOpinion fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 11, 2013

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Post a session report if you'd like.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The druid turned into an eagle and dropped an evil sorcerer into the lava. The mage made a fire elemental increasingly angry by his constant usage of ice spells in fire territory. The fighter stabbed a guy straight in the face, and then the thief dumped a liquefied elemental on that same guy. The party swore two oaths to mummies in exchange for treasure and physically rubbed a prisoner against things to check for traps (the prisoner wound up getting killed by a mummy). After finding several instruments as loot, they briefly contemplated starting a band. Eventually the Mage accidentally caused the volcano the dungeon was in to erupt, which fulfilled his obligation to the pissed of fire elemental and seemed a good way to wrap things up.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Going to be running a Dungeon World one-shot in about four hours, post here if you're down; bring a 2nd level character.

NextSundayA.D.
May 13, 2009
I am thinking of running the 13th age 2 hour demo for anyone who would like to try it out, tonight.

NextSundayA.D. fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 25, 2013

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I'm running the Golden Sky Stories demo in about 30 minutes, either on IRC (synirc) or Google Hangout, and still need players.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'm interested. Should I get on #badwrongfun, or what?

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Yeah, I'll be hanging around in either #badwrongfun or #GSSdemo on synIRC.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I'm going to run Inverse World on IRC in one hour (3 PM central). Join #InverseWorldOOC on synIRC. Inverse World playbooks only, level 3 characters. I've already got some players but I may have a few spots open.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

WHERE WE'RE GOING, WE WON'T NEED FRILLS TO etc. etc.

Barring some catastrophe or whatever, I'm planning to run an Event Horizon-themed(ish) one-shot of THE GROUNDBREAKING RPG ABOUT MAIDS "MAID RPG" tomorrow and still need 2 or 3 players. Game's probably going to be over Skype/Roll20 and will likely start around 7PM CST.

Does this sound like fun to you? Would you like to get your sanity-challenged space meido on? Message me in #badwrongfun on synIRC!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

#OctaNe

synIRC

nowthen

Good game, PublicOpinion, Dedman_Walkin, blurry.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 24, 2013

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
NEVERMIND

turn it up TURN ME ON fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 2, 2013

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm a silly ditz and I feel like doing something!

So I'm going to run a pathfinder dungeon crawl game in #pfrd on SynIRC tonight!

I'll see how many people are around in half an hour or an hour to make this viable (disclaimer: feel free to jump in even after that, new dudes are pretty easy to find in a crazy dungeon.) We will make dudes and fight through rooms and see how much crazy treasure you can get before people get tired and go to sleep!

Arivia fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 6, 2013

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I could use an immediate replacement for my Dungeon World game, now to 4 hour hours from now. Skype Name Redacted! ASAP; first one to do so is in.

Edit: I love this forum. Today's game is on.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 16, 2013

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
Hoping to run a quick Dungeon World one-shot via G+ Hangouts Friday night, 7pm EDT

A few people expressed interest in the Dungeon World Tavern, but it's mostly people who can't accommodate the timeslot. Feel free to join the event page or PM me here if you're not into the whole G+ thing.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Could use an extra player for VTM20 at:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3541210

We're usually sacrificing playing on Sundays at 15:00/3PM +0 GMT, you can post your skype in the Thread and either I or the DM will add you to the group convo.
A magic or Obfuscate user would be appreciated!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I want to play a one-shot of Misspent Youth, the sci-fi dystopia game where you stand up to Authority, tonight! Meet me in IRC channel #badwrongfun at 8 PM EST! Come as soon as you can, because there are only 5 PC slots and it's first come, first serve. At the most, follow the link to download a free copy of the rules and read them through; at the least, brainstorm things real-world bullies do that piss you off. Make sure you can access Google Docs, because we'll be using it heavily. See you tonight!

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 22, 2013

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Did you fill your game Pththya-lyi?

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

I wrote a program that simulates Quidditch games this morning and am interested in running a fantasy league (where each player is the coach of their own Quidditch franchise). We'd run a draft in Google chat or something similar, and then simulate multiple games ending in a playoff.

The only 'rules change' between this and the books is a 50-point Snitch capture, which eliminates the 'Snitch capture is almost always a win' problem. Of course, I'd be willing to change that if everyone was against it.

Anyhoo, I didn't want to create a separate thread until I had some bites. PM me or reply back here if you don't have PM.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Lord Byron III posted:

I wrote a program that simulates Quidditch games this morning and am interested in running a fantasy league (where each player is the coach of their own Quidditch franchise). We'd run a draft in Google chat or something similar, and then simulate multiple games ending in a playoff.

The only 'rules change' between this and the books is a 50-point Snitch capture, which eliminates the 'Snitch capture is almost always a win' problem. Of course, I'd be willing to change that if everyone was against it.

Anyhoo, I didn't want to create a separate thread until I had some bites. PM me or reply back here if you don't have PM.

Sounds interesting, but how in depth is the simulation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Not terribly. Players have a statistic related to their position ranging from 0-30. Once a team selects a roster, I punch it in to a text file and feed that to the simulation. The rest does itself -- it spits out a log file with the results and individual player statistics.

Here's an example output from the program using the godawful test names I wrote during unit tests. Rest assured this would not be the quality of player names in future:

60 Test - Test2 90

Test fields Seeko The Great at Seeker.
Chasers are Katie Bell, Chasey McTwo, and Treemang Chasethree.
Beaters are Beato the First and Beato the Second.
And finally, Keeper Bernie Keepsalot.

Test2 fields Seeko The Great2 at Seeker.
Chasers are Katie Bell2, Chasey McTwo2, and Treemang Chasethree2.
Beaters are Beato the First2 and Beato the Second2.
And finally, Keeper Bernie Keepsalot2.

[Test] Stats
Chaser Katie Bell attempted 11 shots, and scored 0 times.
6 were misses,
4 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot2
and Katie Bell was hit with a bludger on 1 other plays.

Chaser Chasey McTwo attempted 12 shots, and scored 2 times.
6 were misses,
3 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot2
and Chasey McTwo was hit with a bludger on 1 other plays.

Chaser Treemang Chasethree attempted 13 shots, and scored 4 times.
4 were misses,
4 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot2
and Treemang Chasethree was hit with a bludger on 1 other plays.
[Test2] Stats
Chaser Katie Bell2 attempted 11 shots, and scored 0 times.
4 were misses,
6 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot
and Katie Bell2 was hit with a bludger on 2 other plays.

Chaser Chasey McTwo2 attempted 12 shots, and scored 2 times.
6 were misses,
4 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot.

Chaser Treemang Chasethree2 attempted 13 shots, and scored 2 times.
6 were misses,
5 were saved by the Keeper, Bernie Keepsalot.

To end the game, Seeko The Great2 captured the Emerald Snitch!

And that wraps it up, ladies and gentlemen.

Test2 wins the match by a score of 90 - 60 !