Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Wasn't there some talk a while back about buying LB an account and placing him on permanent probation so he could read the forums but couldn't post? Did we decide that would be a bad idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Yes, it is a bad idea.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Air Julio posted:

Yeah I've been trying to be reasonable, but there are too many people egging him on.

So much bitterness for not affording 10 bucks to sit with the cool kids.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you're writing vitriolic screeds about the SA paywall, it's working as intended.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Isn't the paywall up to keep trolling down?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Just tell him it's not there for greed, it's there for quality.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Just tell him it's not there for greed, it's there for quality.

Much like Jews?
I don't know, I like Lazy B but then he comes out with something like "it's all gay loving homo poo poo that guy stole my account", or "lowtax is a greedy troll jew".
I don't want to start this whole thing up again, I'm just feeling a little :smith: about it all.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

simplefish posted:

Much like Jews?
I don't know, I like Lazy B but then he comes out with something like "it's all gay loving homo poo poo that guy stole my account", or "lowtax is a greedy troll jew".
I don't want to start this whole thing up again, I'm just feeling a little :smith: about it all.

His saving grace is that he's probably not using those words in the context of actually hating Jewish (or gay) people. He's heard someone (his dad, mom, friends, teachers) use them as an insult and kept using them that way.

If he does mean them as hate-words, well... :smith:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

But that's the exact thing. He's shown that he has no shortage of writing ability, nor is he unable to make alternatives massively effective. It's just a total
"Oh Lazerbot, you didn't have to go there... :("

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Lazerbot is just a reflection of modern society and the viciousness that modern slang and slurs imprint upon our culture. :viggo:

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

The quality control issue got brought up, but now he's waxing philosophic about trolling and how the paywall is ineffective at keeping trolls out. Ho hum.

At least he's still pumping out pages. That's what's important.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

If you're writing vitriolic screeds about the SA paywall, it's working as intended.

What I'm taking away from this is that he seems to attach a lot of importance to this thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Phlegmish posted:

What I'm taking away from this is that he seems to attach a lot of importance to this thread.

Understable I think, he enjoys following the discussion and keeping him updated with his fans. He's obviously dissapointed (and maybe a little hurt) for the pay wall being up so soon. Let's gonna give him a time for :chillpill:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Maybe he should just pay if he wants to keep tabs on goons? :confused:

10 dollars isn't that much considering the amount of fandom and attention he's gotten from us.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

It's time to rise up against the lowtaz.

lazerbot posted:

im not angry just pointing out the stupidity of the lowtaz, how he set the forums and if i remember right, you first mocked my comic, i love you guys but you misplace a lot of the things i do with something completely different then what it is, the fact you have to pay to go on a site, not to be mean is a little ridiculous, im not saying anything tort wards any of you, or even the person who posted my comic on the forum i thank you for that, im just pointing out that the forum settings is a bit silly, he taking advantage of people willing to pay to get avatars and use the site, you guys should be the ones getting a little pissed

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, do you guys see what happens when you don't follow the Prime Directive?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

TwoPair posted:

Ugh, do you guys see what happens when you don't follow the Prime Directive?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I like that loving LAZERBOT of all people knows how to spell ridiculous.

Goddammit!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Georgia Peach posted:

It's time to rise up against the lowtaz.

Whoever wins that art contest knows what character needs to be made.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

SaltLick posted:

Maybe he should just pay if he wants to keep tabs on goons? :confused:

10 dollars isn't that much considering the amount of fandom and attention he's gotten from us.

Yeah, this.

It's funny, Lazerbot's reaction is pretty much the reaction everyone I've known has to SA at first - "$10 to post on a forum?! Why would you DO that?"

And then eventually you give in and pay and find out "oh because the forum is really high quality and the $10 is a reason it's so much higher quality than other forums on the internet."

And if Lazerbot values this thread so much...he should just pay for an account. I don't see why he's so resistant, if he does actually care about the thread and all that much.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Aristobulus posted:

Yeah, this.

It's funny, Lazerbot's reaction is pretty much the reaction everyone I've known has to SA at first - "$10 to post on a forum?! Why would you DO that?"

And then eventually you give in and pay and find out "oh because the forum is really high quality and the $10 is a reason it's so much higher quality than other forums on the internet."

And if Lazerbot values this thread so much...he should just pay for an account. I don't see why he's so resistant, if he does actually care about the thread and all that much.

He knows with his blatant and constant typos that he would get banned almost from his very first post. Then he would cry about gently caress goons and gently caress SA.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Aristobulus posted:

He's resistant because several goons have told him that he would be banned or probated quickly if he ever left the thread to post elsewhere, and you know he would. It's something I appreciate most of the time, but in this case I really feel for the guy and he's got a valid reason to take offense to it.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

FrenchToasty posted:

He's resistant because several goons have told him that he would be banned or probated quickly if he ever left the thread to post elsewhere, and you know he would. It's something I appreciate most of the time, but in this case I really feel for the guy and he's got a valid reason to take offense to it.

I wonder if we could convince him to buy an account and never post. Depending on what threads he reads, he could get cooking tips, an art lesson, find some new games to play, or whatever else tickles his fancy. It's a somewhat poor compromise, but he'd have an incentive to really get his 10bux-worth.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
You see what happens, everybody? You see what happens? This is what happens. This is what happens when you tap on the glass. :smith:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish we could buy him a read-only account. I also slightly resent the idea that we're "tapping the glass" or breaking a wall or touching the poop. Lazerbot is not poop, he's a cool dude who writes an unusual comic that most of us actually unironically like. He seems like a pretty genuine and chill dude too, he'd just get probated super fast due to his spelling and use of rather unfortunate slurs :(

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 30, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Baronjutter posted:

I wish we could buy him a read-only account. I also slightly resent the idea that we're "tapping the glass" or breaking a wall or touching the poop. Lazerbot is not poop, he's a cool dude who writes an unusual comic that most of us actually unironically like. He seems like a pretty genuine and chill dude too, he'd just get probated super fast due to his spelling and use of rather unfortunate slurs :(

Huh, read only account, that's not a bad idea, like a five dollar model that you could upgrade to a full account?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Has anybody, like, talked to any mods about the situation?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I think one shot down the idea way far back, but I'd have to do a lot of searching to check.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don't get the need for a read only account or anything of the like. The guy can buy an account and not post. If he wants to venture out into other lands and post then by all means he is free to do so. He can get banned if he breaks the rules just like everyone else. Isn't this guy like 20 or something? He doesn't need to be coddled by goons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's like 14.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

I don't think anyone actually knows how old he is it's just a bunch of conjecture.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Guys, let's just let Lazerbot work it out of his system and rage against the lowtaz for a little bit. Dude's superchill most of the time. He's just upset that he can't see his fanbase, which is really cute, honestly. If he wants to give in and buy and account, that's his business. If he doesn't want to edit himself and he gets probated, well, that's on him, too. Buying an internet celebrity an account is a bad idea and you all know it.

Aristobulus posted:

I don't think anyone actually knows how old he is it's just a bunch of conjecture.

I think he's said he's ~20.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's for the best that he doesn't have an account. The second he gets active in the thread is the second that a.) the thread says "Good job" for 10 pages with no actual content and b.) he starts pandering more and more to our whims and then it goes from being one mad genius's comic to an entire forum's circlejerk.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

TwoPair posted:

It's for the best that he doesn't have an account. The second he gets active in the thread is the second that a.) the thread says "Good job" for 10 pages with no actual content and b.) he starts pandering more and more to our whims and then it goes from being one mad genius's comic to an entire forum's circlejerk.

I'll give you A, but I think you're wrong about B. If B was going to happen, it would've happened with him just reading the thread. If reading the thread and talking to people outside the forum hasn't turned it into just a circlejerk, why would him actually posting here turn it into a circlejerk?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think B has already happened. The DBZ thing recently and even the goon insult from way back when are examples of lazerbot going to his audience and interacting with them. I'd say the earlier stuff without input was of much higher quality than the awareness that he has now.

He might not have had a set plan at first, but I bet it was a lot shorter than what we're getting because of his popularity. Riding that 15 minutes for as long as possible and all.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

What exactly do you think was better/higher quality earlier on? The Mario vs Troll King fight?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I liked TGT before it went mainstream and sold-out to lowtaz

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
Tails Gets Trolled has changed. It is no longer the story about Sonic & Co. with bad grammar and ultra violence that focused on the problem of trolling.
It is now a channel for Lazerbot to respond to the criticism of this thread. Tails Gets Trolled is now completely meta and the focus has shifted towards the original characters and an anime type story.

Tails Gets Trolled is still funny, but for a different reason. Personally I preferred it before when the story was not focusing on a certain character, but jumping around more, giving it a more unpredictable characteristic.
Another point is that the art has improved, but lost some of its charm. The fighting scenes have become more creative, but longer.
As for Lazerbot himself, his pills have been defrosting since the story shifted focus on Garry and Demarro as a primarity.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I think after fifteen or so chapters of Looney Tunes necromancers and people being fired out of canans, Lazey B has earnt the (what is it?) three chapters where the focus has been on his own guys.

And let's not forget, the central conflict in those three chapters was on what was going to happen to Elmer Fudd.

I'll grant the safari rule one thing - I'm pretty sure Rob would have been a one-joke character never to be seen again if we didn't all poo poo ourselves about his lack of ears early on in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I am completely fine with TGT becoming meta and self-aware to a brutal level, I mean, obviously LazyB is still able to produce quality content with the shift of focus.
I guess what would be interesting to see if he wrote a comic in advance and only publishes it after the script is finished, as untouched from ED, SA and the others as possible. Online artists often have the (bad) habit to instantly upload stuff as soon as they get it done, which potentially causes a shift in focus on the story, as seen here.