Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Movement skills are part of those 20 complex things going on at once.

So, I've been comming as aliens a lot lately. It's pretty fun teaching new players how to play the game, and winning because of it. Been doing a friendly Crag -> Shade -> Shift progression, since it allows me to help them stay focused on certain areas of the map with stealth health stations. Keeps them alive and fighting. Also, having silence and camouflage kinda helps new players figure out how to skulk effectively without those upgrades as well, since they start noticing that they make noise and aren't invisible.

My buddy goes marine commander against me almost every time. He's a great comm in more competitive games with more experienced players, but I've stomped him with newbies and every one I've come across and my team leaves feeling great about the game. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I think the version you want is actually the better choice in most respects, but you have to admit that it would be confusing as gently caress to all these poor new players who are already having their minds exploded by the 18,000 other unintuitive/difficult to learn parts of this game. For a generation raised on Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2, and Counterstrike, NS2 has a lot of difficult stuff to swallow, and "I'm actually not making noise even though I'm making noise" would add another frustration onto the big pile of "how does this game even work."

I guess so, but then again I'm a poor new player and I was halfway into the audio menu before I realized "oh right silence". Its just so jarring going from visceral leap and bites to nothingness. My perspective is literally in this dog's mouth and I'm running across a metal floor and all I have to listen to is the ambient level noise. It makes sense logically from an incredibly literal perspective, but absolute silence is just weird.

e: To go with your example, CoD has a perk that's called "Dead Silence". It muffles footsteps and jumps, but they are still audible.

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 1, 2012

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Garfu posted:

For people curious of tactics for skulking, lerking, fading, and marining, go ahead and watch this video http://www.twitch.tv/garfu/b/337623861

It's 3 hours long and covers every lifeform as well as marine play. Everything is also played a high level, so you can see the tactics involved with parasiting before a kill, or fade blinking. Skip through it until you get to the lifeform or marine thing you want and watch for a few minutes.

A good example of advanced fading starts at 3:08:00

Welp, I'm glad I don't have to play against a team of people as good as you.

I played a few hours today, this game is amazing. I dumped so much time into NS back in the day and this only brings back good memories. Most people seem to prefer Marines right now, and they are the easier side to jump into. Still the games were generally fairly even and everyone was being surprisingly helpful. People even put up with me stumbling around as commander for the first time in years. :v:

I'm glad it has workshop integration from the start, I've already downloaded a texture mod that adds a good old fashioned shark mouth to the pistol, but I can't wait for it to take off. Soon I'll run around in Master Chief's armor, shooting at skulks modeled as bugs from Starship Troopers with Pulse Rifles from Aliens again :allears:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
My first ever NS2 game I played we won as aliens because we were getting rolled hard by the marine team and they were just in a giant blob and a single Lurk on our team just goes into their base and munches their chair to death. Apparently we were so incompetent we didn't manage to kill a single marine so that they would respawn and save the chair (no clue what the hell happened to the commander though). :v:

Arrath posted:

I'm glad it has workshop integration from the start, I've already downloaded a texture mod that adds a good old fashioned shark mouth to the pistol, but I can't wait for it to take off. Soon I'll run around in Master Chief's armor, shooting at skulks modeled as bugs from Starship Troopers with Pulse Rifles from Aliens again :allears:
I was so happy to find out that this game supports custom local models. Replacing gun models was half the gun in goldsrc/source games. :allears:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Looking through the bonus stuff, pretty boss overall. One of the desktops features the lady marine, and guess what? She looks about the same as the dude marine.

Insane, I know.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
This game keeps crashing my computer. It's not overheating, just crashing. Never had this happen with any game.

win 7 64
geforce 570
8 gigs ram.

I'm assuming there's something wrong with my computer.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Aw, firetruck. Bought this knowing my laptop is pretty bad and probably wouldn't be able to play it, wondering how it'd pan out, just downloaded it and changed all the settings to off/minimal and it's still FPS 27 in the options screen. Didn't even bother trying to play.

Will have to wait another 8 months til I can justify springing for a desktop.

Give it a go anyway. My FPS is through the floor but I still find ways to remain competitive and am having a blast with this game.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Looking through the bonus stuff, pretty boss overall. One of the desktops features the lady marine, and guess what? She looks about the same as the dude marine.

Insane, I know.

No boob window? No long hair? No panty shot? I can barely tell it's a girl at all!

I hope they don't stuff up the Gorgette this badly.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Well, I remeber in NS1 when you bite someone not only was there a distinctive chomping sound, but also a loud grunt from the marine. I am at work right now so I can't check, but I didn't remember hearing it when I played yesterday.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Played a bit of this. I agree about the feedback when you hit/bite someone is not enough. Coming from Chivalry, it feels like you aren't hitting anything and it's weird. But I'm having a lot of fun. Still have to learn plenty, an update of the OP would be welcomed!

Downward Spiral
Nov 25, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

octoroon posted:

No offense, but this isn't some sort of deliberate slight to the competitive community. Sorry that you're asshurt over some perceived injustice from NS1 or whatever but NS2 has been playing the competitive angle hard as they can, and they're planning a lot of convenience features post-release that were simply not priority for 1.0. Only reason we even have a decent spectator system for gamecasting is because someone modded it in.

How do those two things follow? I'm making things up but the only reason you have spectating in an unexciting form is because it was someone else's priority?

(And is it so hard to understand that one can at the same try to get a competitive community and ignore the game they came for? Yes, every FPS developer wants his game to be competitively respected, just like I want a fuckable chocolate cake. That doesn't mean it happens unless you know how to bake a vagina. Okay this analogy wasn't the best.)

quote:

Also I can specifically call bullshit on at least your point on air control, because someone on the forums awhile back did a video-recorded side by side test of NS1 vs NS2 and air control is actually MORE responsive in NS2. Watch a few casts of some competitive games, there is a huge difference between a skulk who can evade, a marine who can evade, and one who can't.

People have already pointed out that we're not talking about the same thing. Air acceleration was a big part of things being fun. Players back then would literally spend their idle time pre-game, post-game, ready-room or on an empty server at 2 in the morning just cruising around maps because it was just that loving neat. It had a few practical advantages but didn't exactly make you great by default - it was just much more pleasurable than holding +forward or mashing jump from walls will ever be.

(Also walljumping existed in NS3+ and was totally fine and still the best way to waste competent folks bullets because even max groundspeed celerity skulks are easy targets - but it's also 100.00% irrelevant to the topic)

Also, no need for any of the hostile stuff. If I knew I was going to dislike it, I wouldn't have tried it. And I still don't dislike it as much as it just bores me. If for some reason G4B2S: The Game appeals to you, that's great. For me it's not an improvement on any of the parts of NS that I enjoyed and isn't a particularly exciting game on it's own merits either so I won't be playing it. You don't have to pretend that liking other things is insufferable elitism and try to rally the thread to hyuk-hyuk about it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The Deluxe Edition stuff has been added. It's in Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\DeluxeEdition.

Loving the Artbook so far.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

quote:

Also, no need for any of the hostile stuff. If I knew I was going to dislike it, I wouldn't have tried it. And I still don't dislike it as much as it just bores me. If for some reason G4B2S: The Game appeals to you, that's great. For me it's not an improvement on any of the parts of NS that I enjoyed and isn't a particularly exciting game on it's own merits either so I won't be playing it. You don't have to pretend that liking other things is insufferable elitism and try to rally the thread to hyuk-hyuk about it.

Can you name a non-Quake engine based game/engine that did air accel in a way that felt good or proper?

You can also artificially increase your speed by falling from a height and using your jump to keep the momentum up; similar to strafejumping but without the air acceleration.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 1, 2012

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
Can anyone give me some IPs to servers where experienced players play? I played for years in NS1 and I came back last night but was a bit rusty, but still maintained a positive kill death ratio. I just want a good commander telling me what to do :(

rbbst
Sep 10, 2010

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

The wall-climbing controls and just... the way it works, I guess, for aliens is absolutely awful. Is there any way to change the orientation of my view while climbing on walls/the ceiling or is it always going to be right-side-up? Can I somehow set a button that needs to be held or toggled in order to climb on walls? I looked through the options menu but didn't see anything about either of these issues.

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

There are a lot of really unbearable things about the way it currently works. If you're running across the roof and you orient your view one degree too far downward, you fall off the roof. If you're running on a wall and you turn one degree too far away from the wall, you fall off. This severely limits your effective FoV as any kind of wall-bound alien which makes the team completely unplayable for me. I do not want to fall off of a roof or wall unless I press a button to make me fall off the roof or wall. It's impossible to judge whether or not you are hidden behind something on the roof because I have no way of knowing how much of my body sticks out below me. The changes that I am asking for are the way that it worked in NS1 as far as I can remember (I only played when the mod was fairly new, so maybe they changed later on).

You know you can hold shift to stick to walls? Might be the same function you were remembering from NS1.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Shift is slow/silent walk. The only key that affects wallwalking is crouch, which disables it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Liku posted:

How long until someone creates an AvP mod? That'd be awesome if they kept the high level of detail.

I'd loving love a mod where one team is all marines with nothing but rifles/pistols and the other team is a single Fade with perma-camouflage and blink. It'd be like playing Hidden Source again, only in NS2.

e;

7c Nickel posted:

Insane, I know.

I do hope they add female marines, since all they really need to change is the face. Also, it's vain as gently caress but I tend to prefer going marine so I can show off my black armour, so I wish they'd add beta/deluxe skins for aliens (doesn't need to be complicated, just white slashes or something on the back). Obviously not a priority, of course.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 1, 2012

rbbst
Sep 10, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Shift is slow/silent walk. The only key that affects wallwalking is crouch, which disables it.

You are right. I must had been confused because it is much harder to accidently drop off when you are walking slower.

rbbst fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 1, 2012

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I want to play this so badly but the latest patch is still all hosed up :(

I was able to play fine until the 100meg release patch yesterday. Now even though I've done everything suggested on the tech support forums a number of times I still can't play without the game crashing a few moments after I join a team even after this latest bug fixing patch.

I play soo much NS1, I was on the NZ National team for a while; this sucks! :gonk:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
How is the gunplay? Did NS2 add iron sights and accuracy based on movement speed/jumping/crouching, and all the other "bells an whistles" of modern games?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

How is the gunplay? Did NS2 add iron sights and accuracy based on movement speed/jumping/crouching, and all the other "bells an whistles" of modern games?

Nope. It's pretty much how you remember FPSes being before CoD took off massively.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
It'd be pretty amusing (terrible) to have iron-sights in a game where everything runs at you super fast.

Quilmes
Aug 21, 2012
The only "bad" thing I can say about this game is I can't listen to kpop (or music in general) while playing. Following orders and teamplay are a must to win :(

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I was trying to ask a commander one game to put down a res node at my location.

He typed into chat "frameset I can't hear you, watching TV".

We lost that one.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Downward Spiral posted:

How do those two things follow? I'm making things up but the only reason you have spectating in an unexciting form is because it was someone else's priority?

(And is it so hard to understand that one can at the same try to get a competitive community and ignore the game they came for? Yes, every FPS developer wants his game to be competitively respected, just like I want a fuckable chocolate cake. That doesn't mean it happens unless you know how to bake a vagina. Okay this analogy wasn't the best.)

They follow because the leap of logic required to make them into some sort of conspiracy is literally insane bullshit. It was meant to demonstrate that they have had JUST enough time and resources to develop the game and release it, therefore any perceived lack of features is in fact a part of resource budgeting towards presenting a FINISHED GAME and not a personal insult directed at you or your competitive brethren. In fact, there are already a large number of competitive teams who have embraced NS2 and are having tournaments with major sponsors, like, even as we speak -- so we're really only talking about the subset of competitives who are still pissed off about some perceived slight from someone who literally spent 18 months unemployed with no income making a game on his own just for you a decade ago. My loving god I try not to be "hostile," but "old-school NS1 competitives" are the most insufferable fucks who have done nothing but come into this thread and turn it to poo poo with their inscrutable whining about vague offenses suffered a decade ago and misremembered nostalgia, so I don't have a whole lot of patience left for it.

quote:

People have already pointed out that we're not talking about the same thing. Air acceleration was a big part of things being fun. Players back then would literally spend their idle time pre-game, post-game, ready-room or on an empty server at 2 in the morning just cruising around maps because it was just that loving neat. It had a few practical advantages but didn't exactly make you great by default - it was just much more pleasurable than holding +forward or mashing jump from walls will ever be.

(Also walljumping existed in NS3+ and was totally fine and still the best way to waste competent folks bullets because even max groundspeed celerity skulks are easy targets - but it's also 100.00% irrelevant to the topic)

I'm not really trying to rally anyone, and believe me, I'm perfectly fine with you taking your gameplay time elsewhere. One of the best parts of NS2 has always been a friendly community willing to help out newbies that actively encourages cooperation and teamplay, and judging by your attitude I have some doubts that you would be much help on that front.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 1, 2012

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Downward Spiral posted:

I am sorry your favorite glitch was not implemented, and you are being forced to suffer the indignities of no longer being able to move around the map any faster than someone with a green name.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Guesticles posted:

I am sorry your favorite glitch was not implemented, and you are being forced to suffer the indignities of no longer being able to move around the map any faster than someone with a green name.

He's talking about the joys of playing around with interesting movement systems. There's really no need for your douchebag reply.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you just gotta drop in out of nowhere and bite somebody to death. That's how it works.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like movement things that are intuitive and easy to do but yet still have room to expand. TF2 did it great, everyone can rocket jump and as you play you naturally get better with it since its an easy system. The old style movement glitches from TFC and other games are very unintuitive and frustrating for new players. I'm entirely happy to see them go of it means a new player isn't completely useless and a liability to their team cause they haven't pumped 20 hours into a game just learning some obscure technical trick for regular play. There's a reason Fortress Forever fizzled so quick

Downward Spiral
Nov 25, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

octoroon posted:

In fact, there are already a large number of competitive teams who have embraced NS2 and are having tournaments with major sponsors, like, even as we speak -- so we're really only talking about the subset of competitives who are still pissed off about some perceived slight from someone who literally spent 18 months unemployed with no income making a game on his own just for you a decade ago.

Except lots of the people that poured quite a lot of time into one of the biggest resources NS1 had aren't happy about it either? NS wasn't a messianic solo-effort by Charlie and having a frank discussion about the direction of the game can easily be treated as something besides heresy.

Are you even hearing yourself? I'm struggling to find the motivation to reply because you're putting so much effort into being a cardboard cutout of a zealous fan. No matter how many people you have decided is too many to bring up that GoldSrc movement was a great thing (despite them being just a very few butthurt too-manys but enough too-manys to be completely insufferable to you), you right now are acting completely loving deranged my friend.

Guesticles posted:

Are you even trying or do you have a clipboard of these somewhere?

Also:

#dotagoons posted:

<snaga> waaaaaahhh why didn't they implement all the stupid movement glitches from gldsrc
<snaga> jesus those people need to be shot
<snaga> literally irl

Anyway, done with this. Have fun goons.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So is there some sort of unwritten rule about not commanding people?

Some games I get into, and the Commander is constantly giving me waypoints to head to, things to build, and dropping healthpacks, yet everyone bitches him out for ordering them into situations they couldn't survive.

On the other hand, the majority of Commanders I run into just focus on teching up, and don't even bother sending me waypoints outside of maybe build orders, leaving me to wander around fighting aliens on my lonesome until I maybe find a few more Marines and we pack it around as a group.

Is it just "new game, nobody knows what they are doing" or is this how things are supposed to be going. Normally I'd chalk it up as the first, but seeing people bitch out the in my opinion good Commander made me curious.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

frameset posted:

I was trying to ask a commander one game to put down a res node at my location.

He typed into chat "frameset I can't hear you, watching TV".

We lost that one.
You can vote to dechair commanders. It's generally not worth the drama, but "I'm watching TV" is one of the few situations where I'd go for it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Rookersh posted:

Some games I get into, and the Commander is constantly giving me waypoints to head to, things to build, and dropping healthpacks, yet everyone bitches him out for ordering them into situations they couldn't survive.

On the other hand, the majority of Commanders I run into just focus on teching up, and don't even bother sending me waypoints outside of maybe build orders, leaving me to wander around fighting aliens on my lonesome until I maybe find a few more Marines and we pack it around as a group.

Is it just "new game, nobody knows what they are doing" or is this how things are supposed to be going. Normally I'd chalk it up as the first, but seeing people bitch out the in my opinion good Commander made me curious.

When you go near something that needs to be constructed as a marine, you get a 'build this' waypoint automatically - the commander doesn't even need to do it for you. Some commanders will put their marines into groups and things and tell them to go places, but I'm one of the people who just watches the map and tells people what is going on and where to go in a more overall sense.

By always watching your map and keeping an eye on what is moving where, and if buildings are flashing/blinking (it means they are under attack) you can get a sense for where things are going on and you can also keep your team up to date, too.

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

Rookersh posted:

It's the latter. Most players barely have a handle on how the game works, let alone what a good comm does. Over time you'll get more actual commanding.

And as to the movement debacle: Marines not having it is how it's been since 2.0, and honestly Marines shouldn't have some kind of movement mechanic. Every Alien form but Onos has one already, so I don't know why people are bitching-

Skulk: Wallhopping increases speed dramatically
Lerk: derp flying
Gorge: BELLY SLIIIIIIIIIDE BELLY DRIIIIIIIIIIIIFT
Fade: derp Blinking

Are people just not aware of the Skulk wallhopping? Sure, you won't get as fast as a good bhop spree back in the day, but honestly I'm okay with that. Getting a good run down with wallhopping is hard anyway.

Edit: And I was an NS1 competitive player. It's a different age, NS2 is a different game, and it's got a lot more to it than NS1 had, we just haven't found those things yet. Give it time, kiddos.

quaunaut fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 1, 2012

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rookersh posted:

Commanding is an important part of being a good Commander. People bitching out a good Commander for sending them to a death are either:

a) looking for someone else to blame for their own failure to not die.
b) blaming the Commander for Aliens actually being good at Aliening sometimes.
c) not understanding that rifle-toting Marines are the most expendable pieces of equipment in the game, and sometimes your job is to go in somewhere and get wrecked so that something else doesn't.
d) all of the above

Of course he may actually have been a not very good Commander and was legitimately sending them to quick and pointless deaths, but that would be a specific rather than a general case.

quaunaut posted:

It's the latter.
Don't you mean former?
Former -> Nobody knows what they are doing.
Latter -> Commanders shouldn't command.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 1, 2012

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Downward Spiral posted:

Except lots of the people that poured quite a lot of time into one of the biggest resources NS1 had aren't happy about it either? NS wasn't a messianic solo-effort by Charlie and having a frank discussion about the direction of the game can easily be treated as something besides heresy.

Okay, I'll bite. I'd be genuinely interested to know who these "lots of people" are. Are they playtesters for NS2? How much time have they spent playing NS2? Have they played lately, or did they play in earlier stages of alpha/beta? Thanks in advance, hoping for response not in the form of a nebulous collective of allies.

Gold source movement. Sure, I agree that it added a lot to NS1 -- you aren't going to find a lot of people who seriously played the original and disagree with the premise that it was fun for a lot of people and added a dimension of skill. What you may not realize, or perhaps failed to acknowledge, is that Charlie and the other UW devs have stated not once but multiple times that they have continuing plans to add and improve upon skill-based movement mechanics within NS2. At no point have they refuted this, however the current iteration of walljumping is utterly first-pass, because as I have stated multiple times, it is not feature priority for 1.0 due flatly to lack of infinite time and resources.

So unless you're still stuck on the idea that feature priority for 1.0 should entirely hinge on the opinion of you and your ill-defined allies, or perhaps you are of the opinion that they should have spent development time in an attempt to entirely replicate gold source movement in their new engine, then I'm not sure what your complaint is.

If this was all a little too much, here's the summary:
The developers have stated multiple times, unequivocally, that they are interested in furthering the goals of competitive players. Many of these features are simply not ready in time for 1.0. However, I present the following as evidence of my case: hundreds of cast videos of competitive NS2 games already exist, highly-skilled teams that have sunk hundreds upon hundreds of hours into this game in beta alone are competing in tournaments with big-name sponsors (Logitech), and the devs have repeatedly and specifically stated plans to improve upon competitive support.

On the other hand, we have your argument: Charlie once upon a time dealt some perceived injustice to competitive community, therefore, despite multiple and specific pieces of evidence to the contrary he just doesn't care about you. Also, he refused to replicate gold source movement frame for frame into his new engine. Does that seem about right? Are you starting to understand why I have a hard time taking you seriously?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

octoroon posted:

Also, he refused to replicate gold source movement frame for frame into his new engine.
This is the complaint that keeps making me roll my eyes. A complaint that there is no skill-based way to decrease your time getting from a to b I can accept (the premise is untrue, but if it were true then I would understand why competitive players would be upset). It's the complaint that said movement method be an exact recreation of a glitch that they spent years getting very good at exploiting that turns it from a genuine opinion to someone complaining that they have to learn a new thing and be on the same level as the scrubs for a while.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bone spikes kick rear end. I hope more alien commanders start using them as people become more accustomed to commanding.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Hey I just won a mouse last weekend playing this game sooo....

Also regarding competitive play: they are flying the 2 EU finalists from last weekends tourney to Cologne, Germany to play live at the ESL headquarters for big prizes.

The game has been out for 2 days.

I'm a competitive player and I think they are doing a great job with the competitive community.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

First impressions of the game:

Timed out connecting to a server compiling shaders.

Second attempted game crashes:

Loading 'maps/ns2_veil.level'
Error: Couldn't open file ''
Error: Couldn't load 'materials/descent/descent_floor_01_a_normal.dds' (File not found)
Finished loading 'maps/ns2_veil.level'
Predict : 0.000000 : Loading VM Predict
Error: Couldn't load 'ui/unitstatus_marine.dds' (invalid format)

cool

• Locked thread