Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

Well as terrible as they are, wouldn't they be better than the trikes with one wheel up front and two in the back? Those seem to have even fatter fucks on them.

Depends on your definition of "better" I suppose. They probably handle a poo poo ton better than your standard trike, but those same standard trikes can also have huge bench seats for land whales instead of having to straddle a more motorcycle-like seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Boat posted:

Depends on your definition of "better" I suppose. They probably handle a poo poo ton better than your standard trike, but those same standard trikes can also have huge bench seats for land whales instead of having to straddle a more motorcycle-like seat.

I'm personally a fan of all of these new cruisers with what appear to be training wheels on them.

Basically this poo poo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASDxCMXnJzU

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
Oh man, that was really inappropriate.

Dielectric fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 1, 2012

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

veedubfreak posted:

I'm personally a fan of all of these new cruisers with what appear to be training wheels on them.

Basically this poo poo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASDxCMXnJzU

Yes, I suppose veterans who had limbs blown off in Iraq SHOULD be banned from the roadways; at the very least anything that isn't a slow, four-door grandma-mobile.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As a Ducati owner, :smug:, I wouldn't ride a 3 wheel thing, but I don't get the hate. There are lots of unappealing vehicles out there, trikes are just another unappealing vehicle.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a Ducati owner, :smug:, I wouldn't ride a 3 wheel thing, but I don't get the hate. There are lots of unappealing vehicles out there, trikes are just another unappealing vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su7gNQf8gK8 :colbert:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

There are exceptions to every rule.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
that has 4 wheels, and leaving that parking looks like it would be dangerous in a normal car, leaving on that thing looks suicidal

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

tbb9 posted:

that has 4 wheels, and leaving that parking looks like it would be dangerous in a normal car, leaving on that thing looks suicidal

4 tires, but the front set is mounted on one wheel.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/motorcycles-1/custom-made/rocket-ii-trike/index.shtml#item=125493

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

It looks like he was inspired by that Russian guy who custom build a car out of scrap metal and expandable foam

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

One of the suggested videos from that was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQ315JoiF0

A 'Rat style' Audi S4. Poor thing won't even stay running... What is the point?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Captain McAllister posted:

It was an A4 Avant that was totaled and "rebuilt" into that ... thing to get attention and make you ask why. There's very little Audi left beyond the sheetmetal and interior. I can't tell what the engine is, but it's obviously not original.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sounds like a 2-cycle...
I won't even comment on how stupid it looks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Street racing in England:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20177749

Street racing in Ireland:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18012571

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I think I actually pee'd a little from laughing at that one. Could you imagine being the cop that got called to deal with that, haha.

or, "Why were you late for work?"
"Oh, you know, horse race on the motorway, the usual"
"..."

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That has to be brutal on the poor horse.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sigma X posted:

Yes, I suppose veterans who had limbs blown off in Iraq SHOULD be banned from the roadways; at the very least anything that isn't a slow, four-door grandma-mobile.

Where did I say anything about veterans? I've seen multiple fully able bodied people riding 4 wheeled motorcycles. Projecting much?

NVaderJ
Oct 27, 2003

OH YEAH? I'M FROM DETROIT(s suburbs)!

Captain McAllister posted:

I think they replaced the engine with a matchbox car stuck in a disposal.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Some cops had pulled over someone visible from my office window. I couldn't see why they did until the tow truck came a few minutes later. Terrible zoomed in picture, but she was driving in this.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Sweet camber on that front wheel. Hellacrush!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

einTier posted:

Saw this wonderful monstrosity a little over a week ago. No less than seven American flags on it, because you know, America.

Why they didn't just buy a car, I have no idea.

My stepdad seriously considered one of those trikes (although obviously without the horrible graphics).

He's been riding real motorcycles for 40+ years. Raced in AFM club racing, still owns three or four bikes (GSXR750s, CBR600s).

So why would he want one?

Because my mom refuses to ride on the back of a regular bike with him, and has done since he accidentally dumped her off the back 20 years ago. (He was taking a tightly -curving inclined offramp that had a giant white arrow painted on the pavement, and it had rained recently so the arrow was slick, and he managed to pop the rear end out and slide it for maybe two feet before recovering, and mom just kind of slid off the back and landed on her butt at ~15mph.)

He rented one for the weekend and my mom decided she hated it anyway so that idea was busto.

But the point is, there's reasons other than "because you're a total lame-o" or "enormously fat" to want a trike.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

DropShadow posted:

It was an A4 Avant that was totaled and "rebuilt" into that ... thing to get attention and make you ask why. There's very little Audi left beyond the sheetmetal and interior. I can't tell what the engine is, but it's obviously not original.

I can dig it. Buy back your totaled (probably rolled in this case) car, part it out, and have fun with the shell. Rip the roof out and put a snowmobile engine in it. I mean, it looks like it needs a lighter to start the engine. It's so ridiculous, I think it's kinda cool.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Well, you've heard of truck nuts? I present you with truck cock:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
I went to go get breakfast at my normal Saturday morning place. If you don't plug the meters here you almost always get a ticket- except apparently this guy who was eating at the same place:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

gently caress pedestrians.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

On a Honda Acura. I might have let this pass if it was on a Camaro.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

falz posted:

I went to go get breakfast at my normal Saturday morning place. If you don't plug the meters here you almost always get a ticket- except apparently this guy who was eating at the same place:

You may not like it, but by nearly every state's vehicle code emergency vehicles are never considered to be "parked" in the legal sense of the term.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Potentially NSFW for Smurf nipple, IDK

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Union Jack paint job or GTFO.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
That's pretty goddamn rad.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

The Rocket Salad posted:

That's pretty goddamn rad.

Found the original on (shock of shocks) DeviantArt.

¿:nws:http://polo-jasso.deviantart.com/art/They-re-coming-to-get-you-74199065?q=gallery%3Apolo-jasso%2F303353&qo=265:nws:?

Dude's got a bunch of NWS/questionable furry art and comics en Español, but also some really tripped-out re-imaginings of various cartoons like the Simpsons and Hey Arnold:

:stare:

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
That guy is really good at drawing awful stuff.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
http://youtu.be/nGu8FPRDiSk

Hella loving Russian dash cam

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Was that a Hellafail moment because I don't know how else that could have happened.

:edit: Oh wait, I read your post again. :)

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

FIRST TIME posted:

Was that a Hellafail moment because I don't know how else that could have happened.

Might just be driver stupidity. He's in a slight right, you hear him accelerate, back end steps out slightly (Power oversteer). He points at the wall. Brake lights come on and he spins left (Brake oversteer). After impact the car seems to roll just fine to the right. So I don't think anything snapped.

But that's just me being a back seat driver.

VVVV I see the bump, too much power with the rear unsettled? VVVV

Aurune fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 4, 2012

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Looks to me like he hits a slight bump which makes him lose traction.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Also could have been black ice that started it based on the exhaust steam in front and also the dash can driver's attire.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

FIRST TIME posted:

Hellakarma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I'm pretty sure it was the stupid rear camber that reduced his contact patch to that of an Opel Kadett.