Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RooskyRex
Aug 22, 2009

You only wish you had a trashcan like mine

Dirk Digglet posted:

What ended up happening with a batch of us who graduated DLI last year was finance writing us up a debt letter for about $3000 while simultaneously paying us about $7000. End result is my paycheck has been about $4000 fat this month. :woop:

AF goons has the 314th burned to the ground yet?

Woooo, I love this. My mid-month is gonna be great :holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

AchmedTheSnake posted:

I'm currently 311th and holy poo poo am I glad I didn't get a 314th language. It's way more chill over here(lots more TPG cause you can actually get it without being a rope) and the ropes aren't constantly on your rear end pulling 341s and generally being assholes. I'm managing to pull my grades up ever so slightly with TPG and not having NCO's and horrible ropes on me 24/7. Sucks for 314th. That probably has something to do with why Farsi is doing so terribly.

That's funny, we say the exact same things about you guys.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No pissing matches, we're all AETC, we're the problem, we can all go about hating ourselves and our choices together like family, etc.

someone shoot me holy poo poo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
This is the gayest thread in GIP. Congrats.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Godholio posted:

This is the gayest thread in GIP. Congrats.
Somebody's just bitter about how terrible the AF thread is.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No you rear end in a top hat I'm finally part of something other than being generally disgusted with everyone around me

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

motoeisen posted:

Somebody's just bitter about how terrible the AF thread is.

No, this thread got taken over by the worst the AF has to offer (AETC).

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
:eyepop"

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Godholio posted:

No, this thread got taken over by the worst the AF has to offer (AETC).

Bro we need somewhere to vent, the AETC sucks and we're there for like two years.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Softface posted:

Bro we need somewhere to vent, the AETC sucks and we're there for like two years.

I'm not complaining.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
On the bus from San Fran to Monterey for Farsi. Already approached by sketchy homeless man. California seems OK.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Was it the cat hobo? He was pretty sweet.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
Welcome Badgers! You're about to have so much fun! Also just to let everyone know I finally pet the scraggly tube kitten by belas the other day. He/She is soft :3: and not really a kitten anymore I guess.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Badgers posted:

On the bus from San Fran to Monterey for Farsi. Already approached by sketchy homeless man. California seems OK.

Congratulations, you're about to embark on a very memorable period of your life! What service are you?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
hey could one of you russian DLI sperglords do this forum a huge solid and translate the text in these pictures: here and post the translation here?

you will be forever revered and hot chicks will probably let you gently caress them in a fur suit or something

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?

Softface posted:

Congratulations, you're about to embark on a very memorable period of your life! What service are you?

AF, are you here as well?

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

I'm also AF. Welcome to DLI.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?

Super Camper posted:

I'm also AF. Welcome to DLI.

Thank you!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Seriously, no russian linguists wanna help? How can I sweeten the deal? Pay for some WoW subscription time or..?

C'mon, these pictures are awesome and it would be great to know what the poo poo says.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I'm on it bro, give me a minute.

Edit: Done, check thread.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 9, 2012

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Badgers posted:

Yeah, I'm just about through with the Farsi course so I'll be in the details office next week. We'll probably see each other at some point.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?

Softface posted:

Yeah, I'm just about through with the Farsi course so I'll be in the details office next week. We'll probably see each other at some point.

Well congrats and good luck in Dari. Thankfully class starts soon so ill only be on details 13-14..

Edit: happy wingman day don't drink and drive :downs:

Shuffleboard Shootout fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 9, 2012

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

Edit: happy wingman day don't drink and drive :downs:

Ugh, stupid wingman day. Luckily the person who spoke to my group was entertaining.

Buff Tannen
Oct 25, 2009

I just wanna say one thing...God Bless America
Well, some things never change. Bunch of kids from the 311th got caught underage drinking this weekend. Everyone got recalled back to base Saturday and is on curfew until 0600 tomorrow and apparently their ropes are trying to stir them up with "Exodus is going to be cancelled."

I love DLI.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
poo poo is hilarious.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
Nobody knows what happened. They won't tell us anything and we're on that curfew until further notice, including weekends. They called us all in and basically said you're all in trouble even though we know exactly who did it. We won't tell you what happened, but stop it anyway! Love it. Everyone probably heard the shouting through the speakers anyway. Love my retarded squadron!

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
I hope no one in the 314th does some fuckery like that.. Also holy poo poo at some of the rumors flying around concerning the incident..

Started class today, got issued a MacBook Pro and an iPad, hell yeah.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod

Badgers posted:

Started class today, got issued a MacBook Pro and an iPad, hell yeah.

This is just one example of why DLI as an institution is an example of fraud, waste, and abuse.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Only 10 more weeks of class but my team is getting issued that poo poo too. I know our current equipment is pretty awful, but Jesus wept.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
Sucks for the 311th. Today I saw them going down the hill to remedial marching practice.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
Think I can get anybody to do me a serious solid and translate my bill for me from Korean to English?

I just moved into a new apartment and they itemize all of my utilities on one single bill... I want to make sure the money amounts look relatively correct and to make sure I'm not paying the building's management fees (landlord's obligation not mine).

Thanks!

buttplug fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 29, 2012

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
Got action noticed after class last night, lost track of time and missed my appt. Had to go this AM..MTL wants me to tell him what im going to do for the Air Force to make up for missing an action notice.... :???: By 1700..

Nthing the FWA on the apple swag. However, they are far superior to the archaic thinkpads theyve been using.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline

tengohemroidz posted:

Everyone got recalled back to base Saturday and is on curfew until 0600 tomorrow and apparently their ropes are trying to stir them up with "Exodus is going to be cancelled."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDntpV_HdQ

Buff Tannen
Oct 25, 2009

I just wanna say one thing...God Bless America

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Nobody knows what happened. They won't tell us anything and we're on that curfew until further notice, including weekends. They called us all in and basically said you're all in trouble even though we know exactly who did it. We won't tell you what happened, but stop it anyway! Love it. Everyone probably heard the shouting through the speakers anyway. Love my retarded squadron!

I heard that fat MTL this morning yelling at you guys for lying to him, or falling out of formation or not looking up when the Commander was talking or something.

The story of the curfew goes that four sexual assaults happened at these house parties where the underage drinking occurred. That would make some sort of sense on them coming down hard on all of you as a squadron, and why they're not telling you anything more than the underage drinking, or hotel parties or whatever it was. If it were just underage drinking...poo poo, that's just another day in the military. But a sexual assault demands a noteworthy response...let alone four.

Just keep your head up, and stay positive. It will all be over soon. Make sure you keep your poo poo straight. Don't give the MTLs anymore ammunition.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Aaaannnnddd remember that it's the AETC. It sucks, but it ends, and no one give two fucks about it when it's over as long as you can do your job reasonably well while not being cock.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
Oh sweet jesus does it end. Life here at Offutt is beautiful I wouldn't trade it for anything. 314th had the same poo poo happen when I went through; there was underage drinking that led to a squadron-wide curfew and blues every day for two weeks. Just tough it out and take solace in the fact that life as an Air Force linguist is almost universally cushy and it's likely this will be the "worst" part of your enlistment.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

buttplug posted:

Think I can get anybody to do me a serious solid and translate my bill for me from Korean to English?

I just moved into a new apartment and they itemize all of my utilities on one single bill... I want to make sure the money amounts look relatively correct and to make sure I'm not paying the building's management fees (landlord's obligation not mine).

Thanks!

Well, the top left item is "general management fee - 74,740 KRW" so I think you're getting scammed. I can give you a full translation this weekend if you'd like but I'm a bit busy at the minute.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
You're also getting hit with maintenance fees and cleaning fees. What was your contract looking like, if you mind me asking?

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Dirk Digglet posted:

Oh sweet jesus does it end. Life here at Offutt is beautiful I wouldn't trade it for anything. 314th had the same poo poo happen when I went through; there was underage drinking that led to a squadron-wide curfew and blues every day for two weeks. Just tough it out and take solace in the fact that life as an Air Force linguist is almost universally cushy and it's likely this will be the "worst" part of your enlistment.

Look, I need a favor from you. The navy hooch out in offutt? loving burn it to the ground so we get a new one because its the shittiest loving hooch outside of travis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

tengohemroidz posted:

I heard that fat MTL this morning yelling at you guys for lying to him, or falling out of formation or not looking up when the Commander was talking or something.

The story of the curfew goes that four sexual assaults happened at these house parties where the underage drinking occurred. That would make some sort of sense on them coming down hard on all of you as a squadron, and why they're not telling you anything more than the underage drinking, or hotel parties or whatever it was. If it were just underage drinking...poo poo, that's just another day in the military. But a sexual assault demands a noteworthy response...let alone four.

Just keep your head up, and stay positive. It will all be over soon. Make sure you keep your poo poo straight. Don't give the MTLs anymore ammunition.

drat man thats nuts. I hope no ropes were involved in all this.

• Locked thread