Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I thought the latest strip was good and poignant.

Not sure about the next one though. I like the look of that suave troll (lowtax).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt
I for one thought his dig at the guy who hacked his accounts was loving hilarious :colbert: Had me laughing pretty hard.

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010
For a comic about people being trolled there's been very little internet usage in it so far, so this was really just inevitable.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
The Troll King following Bever's blog was an significant plot point

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

stegoceras posted:

I for one thought his dig at the guy who hacked his accounts was loving hilarious :colbert: Had me laughing pretty hard.

yeah it was mega funny

The hacker troll reminded me how expressive, detailed and consistent the OC art is becoming. It's cool as h*ck to see Lazerbot improving from chapter to chapter.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

stegoceras posted:

Yeah. "hmmmm good doe nut" was hilarious.

Also the rhyme the troll in the second to last panel does.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ClownSyndrome posted:

The Troll King following Bever's blog was an significant plot point

The other day we had a party at work and someone brought in cupcakes with Bieber's face on little decoration spikes. I thought of this comic and was happy.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

yeah it was mega funny

The hacker troll reminded me how expressive, detailed and consistent the OC art is becoming. It's cool as h*ck to see Lazerbot improving from chapter to chapter.

Honestly, that's what I like most about this. I thought it was going to be : People make fun of some guy on the internet - so he/she draws them getting horribly mutilated, they get called on it, and respond with "It's totally justified, they were jerks, they deserve to die.", then proceed to draw the new "haters" in the same fashion.

But no...instead of that - he gives Trolls motivations, back-stories, the works, varied appearances, heck the Trolls are winning this (Well were). Compare that to people like M. Night who make a straw-man only to get killed. Lazer-Bot doesn't like trolls, but he portrays them like there Metal Gear Solid bosses.

He has shown more improvement than Buckley and Mookie combined. It warms my bitter heart to see a guy grow like that.

Sorry about the words but you have to have patience.

hasturhasturhastur
Jun 28, 2007

I play paintball three times a week, bro. I'm even one of those douchebags who brings in his own equipment.

you have a bloody bah J J?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well, it's obvious someone's gonna switch sides.

Though would it be more more interesting if Tom did switch, or he didn't and just kept being a massive rear end in a top hat.

Lord knows he deserves punching.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

hasturhasturhastur posted:

you have a bloody bah J J?

Like va-jayjay but with a b.

(vagina)

I love this new troll, slickidy hola. Maybe he'll be able to resist granny's neckbreaking abilities.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I'm legitimately annoyed this guy died.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

He died the way he lived: following the beat with his meat. RIP Rhyming Troll 2012-2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
But what about Rob?! :ohdear:

Been meaning to get an edit done for Rob, hopefully it came out ok. :)

scarycave fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 5, 2012

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

scarycave posted:

I still think Rob looks like Buckethead Kevin from Cul de Sac grown up.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

scarycave posted:

YOU HAVE NO EARS. RIP AND TEAR.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Calico Heart posted:

Well it didn't show it, and Lazy usually makes his deaths over the top, so maybe he's not dead just yet.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Chapter 2: Trolls Attack has been remastered and updated on tailsgetstrolled.com!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"break his neck granny" is Tom's new catchphrase.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

i'm hump in the
gently caress and i hoe
when you know to
the dildo, slickidy
hoha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Swag troll is gonna gently caress up Granny and Tom next, i'm counting on it.

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''
I am never going to get tired of

hmmmmmmmm

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

lazerbot is the only person to have ever used "ragging" as a verb meaning to menstruate and yet he's used it like 7 times in TGT like it's no big deal. Bless that boy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

zoomdog posted:

lazerbot is the only person to have ever used "ragging" as a verb meaning to menstruate

No he's not.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

He's the only one I've every heard use it like that. Urban Dictionary is a fine collection of things no one ever actually says or does.

Edit: vvv I guess I stand corrected. I can't imagine anyone but a TGT character using it seriously though.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 6, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThatPazuzu posted:

He's the only one I've every heard use it like that. Urban Dictionary is a fine collection of things no one ever actually says or does.

I've seen it used like that plenty of times, man.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's not like it's that far from "on the rag" though, which is pretty common as far as I can tell.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
So puppets are actually kill-able. Tweety wins the award for first puppet to die in combat without a single kill. Good job Tweety. :thumbsup:

How the hell did I miss this panel?
He's looking into your soul with his dead eye! :tinfoil:

I can't see this ending well for Tom. He killed a father, son, and an old lady out of spite.

Tom, slow down - your becoming whom you hated most, don't become Jarry Tom. :ohdear:

scarycave fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 6, 2012

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Wrist Watch posted:

Aww Lazyb, no. :(

Add
code:
[timg]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a9/71/00145955.0001.gif[/timg]
to your title text.

Thanks, I'm going to have to wait until I'm not on my phone to change my avatar.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

scarycave posted:

So puppets are actually kill-able. Tweety wins the award for first puppet to die in combat without a single kill. Good job Tweety. :thumbsup:

If Tweety hadn't died, the future Neutral's (plus Porky) would never have gone out drinking and none of them would have become necromancers. Tweety fulfilled his purpose long ago. :colbert:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Tom's easily becoming one of my favorite characters in this.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

FadingChord posted:

Tweety fulfilled his purpose long ago. :colbert:

Nah, his real purpose was to die again by being eternally stomped on by a mysterious rhyming troll.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Tom has already shown that he can't control his emotions as easily as the other neutrals and had his life shortened for it, so it would not surprise me if him being an absolute douche has negative repercussions.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Question: Had there been an example of actual online trolling in this comic prior to the previous page?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Cechmanek posted:

Question: Had there been an example of actual online trolling in this comic prior to the previous page?

The trolls were lured to the Bever concert by discussions on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Myspace. Kermit and the Muppets all trolled each other on a troll chatroom. Knuckles used Google Maps to find a troll camp.

That's all I can think of, and none of it occurred on-screen.

Edit:
It's really weird to go back to read old posts from months ago. This is from April:

nerdbot posted:

Elmer eats Eggman's brain and becomes a genius. Oh my gosh.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be right.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 6, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Nah, his real purpose was to die again by being eternally stomped on by a mysterious rhyming troll.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a cartoon canary — forever.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

nerdbot posted:

The trolls were lured to the Bever concert by discussions on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Myspace. Kermit and the Muppets all trolled each other on a troll chatroom. Knuckles used Google Maps to find a troll camp.

That's all I can think of, and none of it occurred on-screen.

I remember thinking when I first started following this thread, that the trolls feel more like bullies than trolls. It's funny to me that they do feel more like trolls to me now, but I have no good reason why I think that.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Junk posted:

Tom's easily becoming one of my favorite characters in this.

Tom and Sylvester are great and I would read a comic that was just the two of them being assholes towards one another.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

By the way, to whoever's running the TGT site--is there anyway Lazerbot's Anti-SOPA comic can be preserved on it as a "bonus page" somewhere? I still love it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Nice update! Definitely a smoother experience.

I think the back/forward buttons down the bottom are an improvement but they seem almost too large now. I notice when I use the top-right drop down the reload icon in there is slightly smaller than the one down below, which seems up scaled to maybe 110 percent or so?

Not too keen on the plus icons to the left of the forums, but can't think of a solution really..

I could produce some more icons at some point if need be - a padlock for locked threads, a share icon and native some sort of solution for the forum plus thing - but my laptop broke last week so it won't be for a month or something probably.