Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

leica posted:

That car is incredible. Wish I had the time/money/space/knowledge to build something like that.

The wheels are a little blingy and I think some of the chrome is unnecessary, but I honestly didn't even notice it until that was mentioned. I was too busy making googly eyes at the amazing fabrication/suspension/drivetrain work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

jonathan posted:

1985 Mustang GT on Ebay. 1800 Miles on the odometer. Someone on another forum put it well: Too mint to hack up, to boring to drive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1800-Mile-All-Original-85-Mustang-GT-/160897682031?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item25763fca6f#ht_500wt_1182

Bidding ended at $19,200 and he didn't take it :downs:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

Bidding ended at $19,200 and he didn't take it :downs:

he has to pay for all that bottled water he used to wash it.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

ammo mammal posted:

Spotted this on the street. One of only 12000 in the world!

There are so many in Canada this place in Vancouver uses them as delivery cars.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
A local menswear store used to use a Nissan SCargo to deliver things. Here's a riced out one.

I haven't seen them on the road in a long time so maybe the store went bankrupt.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A local menswear store used to use a Nissan SCargo to deliver things. Here's a riced out one.

I haven't seen them on the road in a long time so maybe the store went bankrupt.

I've driven one of those and they are the most horrid things to drive. It's literally like driving a baby stroller and it flexes and bends like nothing else.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Puddin posted:

I've driven one of those and they are the most horrid things to drive. It's literally like driving a baby stroller and it flexes and bends like nothing else.

Why would you drive something like that until it bends and flexes?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

front wing flexing posted:

Why would you drive something like that until it bends and flexes?

I wasn't driving it hard or anything its just a really flimsy chassis. The interior as well looks like it cost a grand sum of $13 to make.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Wait, they basically named something the Nissan Snail?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
And kinda made it look like a snail. Yes.

I guess it happened the other way round, though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It was based on the 2CV Fourgonnette:

The 2CV was also known as "the tin snail".

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The 2CV however, is badass & can take an ungodly amount of abuse, giving out hippy-choking clouds of smoke doing so. It's the only vehicle I've heard garnered literally no benefit from anything better than 2-star petrol back when you could still get that poo poo.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

A local business imported three of these and refuses to sell them separately. I asked him what I would do with three snail cars and he said "make one work?"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

The 2CV however, is badass & can take an ungodly amount of abuse, giving out hippy-choking clouds of smoke doing so. It's the only vehicle I've heard garnered literally no benefit from anything better than 2-star petrol back when you could still get that poo poo.

Actually, the hippy-choking clouds of smoke were either Gauloises or the heater tubes being alight.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Unfortunately the photo quality is a bit poo poo, but...

1UZ, swapped into a 1984 Chevy C10 pickup, and apparently going to have a T-56 backing it up. Thread and more pics here but it's sparse as all hell. Apparently he also wants to go twin-turbo on it.

I'm not sure I understand this one. I guess it's happening just because..well because it can?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryhampster posted:

I'm not sure I understand this one. I guess it's happening just because..well because it can?

That's my best guess too. Not that there is anything wrong with that reasoning.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I love big old trucks. This one only kind of falls into that category, but I like it anyway. It's a restored Dodge, with all new engine (choice of turbo diesel or V8) and modern interior and conveniences.

drat shame it's $170,000.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 5, 2012

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
The Figaro and the SCargo are played out. The Pao is where it's at.

Would seriously like one of these, but they only come in automatic.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.algysautos.com tell me I can import a manual for £2500, this is a bad idea.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

It was based on the 2CV Fourgonnette:

The 2CV was also known as "the tin snail".
You haven't lived until you've driven a 2CV with cut-down springs balls out on back country roads. You'll be going 50kph and hanging on for dear life in every corner.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

A video of a guy that fabricated and built a 12cyl motor with about 1cc of displacement. It appears to be powered by compressed air, but still - :drat:

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SkunkDuster posted:

A video of a guy that fabricated and built a 12cyl motor with about 1cc of displacement. It appears to be powered by compressed air, but still - :drat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq95SZm44IM

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

SkunkDuster posted:

Its hard to get over how misplaced that soundtrack is.

Also being someone who has designed most of an engine, I can truly appreciate how difficult that is as well as his choice to go air powered instead of figuring out how to cool and lubricate that thing.

rcman50166 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 6, 2012

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

NSXs are very nice

StephanKetz
Feb 21, 2005

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I thought that was going to end a little differently!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I think the bullbar on that Patrol helped it a lot there. If it was a standard bumper it would've been a bit different

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Saw this in traffic today, a mint RHD Triumph Harold 1200, I love these old British cars :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Its a Herold, but I prefer Harold :3:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Consensus on the aus 4wd forums is that if he didn't have the camper trailer that would have ended extremely badly.

He proper hosed that one up.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Cakefool posted:

Its a Herold, but I prefer Harold :3:
:eng101: Herald.

This parks across from the office I work at. Driven by a woman.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 6, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

echoplex posted:

The Figaro and the SCargo are played out. The Pao is where it's at.

Would seriously like one of these, but they only come in automatic.
I've only seen a few of these, I hear they are stupidly rare.

Sometimes things are rare because they're not very good.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

AirRaid posted:

:eng101: Herald.

This parks across from the office I work at. Driven by a woman.

Things like this really make this country's car culture something special.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It didn't look right but I couldn't think why, thanks.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Bob NewSCART posted:

NSXs are very nice

Well, some were nice until they got covered with a bunch of ugly poo poo like that one.

Others are still nice though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: nevermind

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bang Me Please posted:

Well, some were nice until they got covered with a bunch of ugly poo poo like that one.

Others are still nice though.

Sorry that owns. Huge racing kits pretty much always own

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

You Am I posted:

I think the bullbar on that Patrol helped it a lot there. If it was a standard bumper it would've been a bit different
Definitely. I'm wondering how the airbags didn't go off in that situation.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Definitely. I'm wondering how the airbags didn't go off in that situation.

A non-airbag (read: no crush cans) aftermarket or home welding disaster bumper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Got kind of a :frogbon: goin'