Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
Just devoured this series a week or so ago. I tried Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, but Adventure Time just didn't grab me in the same way Gravity Falls did. I know it's meant to be ace though, so I'll give it another go.

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of these photos we just got back from MCM Expo last weekend in London. I had *such* a fun time cosplaying as Mabel, because it really gave me a chance to unleash my not-so-inner dork.

Anyone know why they're not showing any new episodes all of November? Seems like a really silly move for a show that could get really, really popular.

Chedranian Girl fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Those glued on eyebrows are cute. :3:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Anyone know a good source for good quality Dipper hats?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Chedranian Girl posted:

Anyone know why they're not showing any new episodes all of November? Seems like a really silly move for a show that could get really, really popular.

First off, awesome costumes.

Second off, I think it has something to do with how Disney likes to stagger their programming. I guess it's because if they only show a couple of new episodes of each show at at time, then they can have year-round new episodes of stuff. Also, because kids don't give a poo poo about new episodes and repeats.

On the other hand though, Cartoon Network gives us pretty much a complete year of new 15-minute episodes of Adventure Time. Season 4 ended like two weeks ago, and Season 5 starts at the end of November.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Season 5 of Adventure Time starts November 12th

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SlothfulCobra posted:

To be fair, I think Jon Stewart has kids who are in Hirsch's demographic, so it may just be that Jon watches what his kids watch.

That's the situation, actually; he's also made Phineas & Ferb references on-air.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

El Tortuga posted:

On the other hand though, Cartoon Network gives us pretty much a complete year of new 15-minute episodes of Adventure Time. Season 4 ended like two weeks ago, and Season 5 starts at the end of November.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure since it started the longest Adventure Time has been off the air is maybe a month, which is pretty drat impressive.

But then they just push Young Justice back and gently caress with Symbionic Titan.

It's crazy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sockser posted:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure since it started the longest Adventure Time has been off the air is maybe a month, which is pretty drat impressive.

But then they just push Young Justice back and gently caress with Symbionic Titan.

It's crazy.

I'm pretty sure the current Young Justice thing is DC's fault, but I got nothing on Symbionic Titan's constant rescheduling.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sym-Bionic Titan was constantly shuffled around due to low ratings. I knew it wouldn't last past the first season. :(

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I thought it was canned due to lack of toy tie-in.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That was part of its cancelation, but it also didn't do really blockbuster numbers.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chedranian Girl posted:

Just devoured this series a week or so ago. I tried Gravity Falls and Adventure Time, but Adventure Time just didn't grab me in the same way Gravity Falls did. I know it's meant to be ace though, so I'll give it another go.

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of these photos we just got back from MCM Expo last weekend in London. I had *such* a fun time cosplaying as Mabel, because it really gave me a chance to unleash my not-so-inner dork.

Grunkle Snake there seems displeased that Meryl is poking him in the face. Dipper however must've dropped out of Fox Hound, I don't recognize him.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Captain Capacitor posted:

I thought it was canned due to lack of toy tie-in.

That was the official line CN gave, but it later came to light that they never even attempted to get any merchandising deals.

I'm guessing one executive saw the pilot, didn't like the tone, and then decided to pounce on it at the first sign of a ratings decline, playing shell game with the time slot until almost nobody was watching. And yes, this sounds a bit :tinfoil: but I've heard of TV execs doing things just as petty, if not worse.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

So the Halloween episode was the last new one right? And no other new ones until December? :smith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

That was the official line CN gave, but it later came to light that they never even attempted to get any merchandising deals.

I'm guessing one executive saw the pilot, didn't like the tone, and then decided to pounce on it at the first sign of a ratings decline, playing shell game with the time slot until almost nobody was watching. And yes, this sounds a bit :tinfoil: but I've heard of TV execs doing things just as petty, if not worse.

"What's this Star Track crap? Where's mah Gunsmoke?!"

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

DoctorWhat posted:

That's the situation, actually; he's also made Phineas & Ferb references on-air.

I've also seen them make Kim Possible references in the past. The folks who write for The Daily Show really seem to like Disney.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Like, what?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

SlothfulCobra posted:

To be fair, I think Jon Stewart has kids who are in Hirsch's demographic, so it may just be that Jon watches what his kids watch.

DoctorWhat posted:

Precisely. In an interview he did with Rachel Maddow, Stewart explained that referring to the 24-hour news networks as a "perpetual conflict-inator" was a nod to Phineas and Ferb, explaining that "my kids watch it."

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I posted:

Like, what?

Man, Finn and Jake are way past that awkward sibling point. They would have full on UNAWKWARD SIBLING HUG TO THE MAX.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thomas Jefferson is Mabel and Dipper, isn't he?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm more interested in those Rushmore robots. Are they sentient? Directly controlled by a human pilot? Remote controlled like Tetsujin or Giant Robo?

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 9, 2012

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Does it make me an insufferable nerd if I immediately thought of Adam from Evangelion when I read that?

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
So, no Boss Mabel next month, either? :bang:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

don Jaime posted:

So, no Boss Mabel next month, either? :bang:

Seriously, it's been almost two months since the last episode. What the hell is Disney doing?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, shows just sort of go into hibernation mode. I mean, that's understandable to some degree, but to keep any new episodes of this shelved is just someone ackin so cray cray.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

On the one hand I want more Gravity Falls, but on the other hand I'm not terribly invested in Dipper's awkward Nice Guy poo poo. Mabel should absorb his power so she can rescue the future from the past.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jack Skeleton posted:

Between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, shows just sort of go into hibernation mode. I mean, that's understandable to some degree, but to keep any new episodes of this shelved is just someone ackin so cray cray.
In other words, typical Disney behaviours

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jack Skeleton posted:

Also we gotta fit in time for the hit new show Dog with a Blog.

Blogs are still a thing, right?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ConanThe3rd posted:

In other words, typical Disney behaviours

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sorry, Kid, you are not the Spidered-man. TV is not for you

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Glitterbomber posted:

Also we gotta fit in time for the hit new show Dog with a Blog.

Blogs are still a thing, right?

"Sir sir! We have a great idea for a show!"

"Whats popular right now?!"

"Well, talking animals but..."

"The kids these days are all about this newfangled internet, and the internet has BLOGS."

"TALKING ANIMALS WHO WRITE ON THE INTERNET!!"

"This shall be a new Disney hit, clear the schedule ... and start printing the money..." :awesomelon:

My Pines supply has been cut off, now entering withdrawl.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Maybe "Critter with a Twitter" was too vague and "Kookaburra on Facebookaburra" was too dumb.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChaosMonkey posted:

Maybe "Critter with a Twitter" was too vague and "Kookaburra on Facebookaburra" was too dumb.

I'd watch that last one, if only because Kookaburras are such rear end in a top hat birds it'd be great to see an animal troll the internet.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So it's not a new episode, but semi-good news: Dipper & Mabel's Japanese voices are pretty much perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx5C61aNfs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg4lpF4yJoU

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

404GoonNotFound posted:

So it's not a new episode, but semi-good news: Dipper & Mabel's Japanese voices are pretty much perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx5C61aNfs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg4lpF4yJoU

I feel like Japan is missing out if they don't know who Coolio is.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
So uh, is the show dead? Because that would be a drat shame.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Dogbutt posted:

So uh, is the show dead? Because that would be a drat shame.

It's just frozen in peanut brittle for a while.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though knowing Disney...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
nah. Disney liked the ratings it was getting. It's not dead, just taking a vacation up in Washington with its crazy uncle for the winter.

• Locked thread