Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Jesus H. Christ, that is an OP.

I must now shamefully admit that I am almost done beating A Link to the Past for the first time in my life :( I hadn't ever even made it to the dark world before. What the hell was wrong with me?

Also, RGBurgler, let me know when you're getting everything back in order. I'd like to have you do the S-Video mod on my Jr., but I know you've had a hell of a month so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Thanks! Info added to the OP. Did you ever get anything from that TimeWalkGames before? That is incredible.

Not yet. I'm thinking of picking up Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel as a christmas present to myself though.

But I've watched the youtube unboxings of those repros, and they're incredible.

I also want to get Mario Adventure but it seems to be out of stock at the moment.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Only thing is that display fix is almost impossible for most people (I've had expert solderers tell me they couldn't do it) and the baking fix is very temporary (I've done it a bunch of times).

I was about to suggest adding a bit about contacting Upeer about having his game store's solder tech do the repair (a complicated fix no doubt, much like the NES RGB) but apparently his store has gone under :(

fatpat268 posted:

Also, another link I just want to mention is http://www.timewalkgames.com/

They're another repro maker for NES and SNES games... but they do one thing crucially different from others: They also seal the games in original style boxes with manuals and inserts. It's a bit pricey, but they make excellent products (just check the videos on their site).

Can someone explain how places like this don't get C&D'd into oblivion? I mean, if Square could shut down a free fan project, surely they could shut down a for profit (for all intents and purposes) cart bootlegging operation if they wanted to, right?

Not advocating that they should, but I am puzzled by the whole thing.

Also, if JJJJJS is around, could you tell me how much you fear Nintendo threatening legal action against your repros? This grey market stuff fascinates me and I'd just like to better understand it all.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 5, 2012

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Man, that's a stellar OP you cooked up.

My older brother has always been a fan of older Sega games, and he has a decently sized Genesis collection with some pretty cool gems tucked away. I think he managed to snag a copy of Alien Soldier at some point, though I dunno if he held onto it since it's on Wii's VC anyway.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

zenintrude posted:

Can someone explain how places like this don't get C&D'd into oblivion? I mean, if Square could shut down a free fan project, surely they could shut down a for profit (for all intents and purposes) cart bootlegging operation if they wanted to, right?

Beats me. The whole idea that repro makers take copyrighted code and resell verges into some grey territory, but a lot of hard work goes into creating these carts. You're mostly paying for the work, and not so much the game itself. At least thats how I look at it.

Anyway, I'm almost ready to buy a poo poo ton of those universal game cases (100 to be exact). Got quoted for $59 shipped for them all. But, I don't need that many, so if I do buy it, I'll have plenty extras if anyone wants some.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I just tried out the US Star Fox copy I got on my Super Famicom and it just doesn't display any graphics. I can hear the sound just fine, but the screen is just black. Weirdest thing is that when I tried to play it managed to show some sprite graphics, namely the map screen with the Arwing. None of the FX powered graphics are showing up, it seems.

I'm playing the game through a Honeybee converter on Super Famicom. Non-FX chip games work just fine. Is it some kind of a weird regional lock out for the FX chip or could it be my copy is just busted? Don't have a gamebit to open that sucker up and look, if that would even help at this point.

Edit: or could it be just that the Honeybee doesn't do anything with the US cartridges' extra pins? :v:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=86171 posted:

It's an adapter to play JP SFC games in a US SNES.
The male end is missing the expansion contacts. This won't work with any SuperFX, SA-1, S-DD1, SPC7110, Cx4, ST018, etc game.
Whereas removing the tabs takes five minutes, is not at all noticeable, and works with everything.
I wouldn't pay anything at all for this. Sell immediately if someone is offering you $50.

Guess my next purchase would be a US NTSC SNES along with a PAL SNES. Maybe I'll get a junior while I'm at it.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 5, 2012

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

quote:

Mega EverDrive

How the hell did I not know this existed?!! Now I can (try to) sell the rest of my Genesis/32X games without being worried about never playing them again.

I'll be using it on a JVC X'EYE. Any compatibility problems with that?

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

The Famicom Disk System:

Just wanted to note that I shot this picture in 1998, back when I was living in Japan and buying unopened FDS games like Castlevania for the equivalent of $3 a pop at electronics resellers :smug:

(Even then it was very hard to find a working FDS with an intact drive band, but at least Nintendo still offered repairs)

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 5, 2012

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I'd just like to throw out there for anyone new to the hobby or this thread that RGB isn't essential. It looks nice, but retro games are still perfectly playable over composite cables, and given the absurd amount of money and effort that you have to put in to get all of your systems working over RGB, the benefit is comparatively small.

With that said, if you can afford to do RGB, do it. But don't be deterred by how people in this thread hunt down particular revisions of the SNES and drop 500 dollars on HDMI scalers and things like that, because that's not the core of the hobby and anyone who'd jump on you for just plugging your console in over composite like a normal person is dumb.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hooked up my SNES to a lovely CRT and was still blown away by how much better it looked than emulation. I forgot that I had gotten used to things being kind of lovely and blurry, I guess

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just love the fact they're doing a Dreamcast version. Dreamcast, never dead.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

WickedIcon posted:

I'd just like to throw out there for anyone new to the hobby or this thread that RGB isn't essential. It looks nice, but retro games are still perfectly playable over composite cables, and given the absurd amount of money and effort that you have to put in to get all of your systems working over RGB, the benefit is comparatively small.

With that said, if you can afford to do RGB, do it. But don't be deterred by how people in this thread hunt down particular revisions of the SNES and drop 500 dollars on HDMI scalers and things like that, because that's not the core of the hobby and anyone who'd jump on you for just plugging your console in over composite like a normal person is dumb.
Budget option: S-Video cables and a Trinition :getin:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

WickedIcon posted:

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. If anyone read through the OP, be aware that most people in here don't mod their consoles or buy XRGB minis, though that might be what half of the posts are about.

If you don't care about hyper-quality video, just know that composite and RF are supported by most all consoles, and if your TV has composite input, you should be using that because it looks significantly better than RF. And then S-video is a slight step up from that so use it if you can (TVs with S-video input are harder to find, and you won't usually find S-video cables bundled with consoles)

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

http://www.multimods.com/ - TurbografX/PC Engine/Duo modifications and repair

Can anyone give me a second opinion on this guy? A Duo with region mod and full capacitor replacement sounds more promising than having to import one for about the same cost and having no idea of the actual quality of it.

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Also, if JJJJJS is around, could you tell me how much you fear Nintendo threatening legal action against your repros? This grey market stuff fascinates me and I'd just like to better understand it all.

It's a small worry, but nothing that keeps me up at night. The people in the industry whom I've talked to have all been cool with it. Many people here know that I personally don't do games which the rights holders still make available on services such as virtual console, xbla, psn, so there isn't too much worry about a company claiming lost profits or something similar. I also don't do games that are simply imports without any patches. So no Rendering Ranger or Undercover Cops even though I get requests for them on a weekly basis. To fit my criteria the game code has to differ in some way from any released version. There's also the issue that many of the games, prototypes mostly, have either had the rights expired and never renewed or are otherwise null. That being said, should a c&d situation ever arrive the applicable products would be removed immediately.

I have had the fortunate opportunity to talk with people at Nintendo and other companies about reproductions. So far I've not received any negative feedback. People who actually worked on these games like seeing them available instead of lost forever. As someone who dabbles in game dev myself I can totally understand that. No one wants to see something that they worked hard on disappear forever. Unless it sucks.

There's one instance I know of where a reproduction maker was threatened with legal action. The circumstances were different from what I do and nothing ended up coming from it. I can't give out too many details, but I can say that the game was currently being sold at retail and very profitable at the same time. The version that the repro guy was selling was on a different platform where the game hadn't been released. In that case the stakes were just too small for legal action. The company rep asked that all copies (25 total I think) be destroyed and the guy selling them complied the same day he was notified.

I do think that the whole reproduction biz is going to disappear in the next few years. Retro is getting bigger and eventually rights holders will be releasing their older unreleased, untranslated games digitally. I'm all for that. For me it's about making these games available for play in a format that people want.

Even though we're rolling out boxes and manuals + shrink wrap for some of the more popular games before the end of the year, I'm more interested in doing original things. The 2600 game I did was a success and I'd really like to do more things like that. That's the future in my eyes. Less translations and more retro styled originals. Fortunately the retro craze has reached the point where that's starting to become viable.

Congrats on the new thread! That OP is really well done.

JJJJJS fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 5, 2012

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
You are the greatest player.
Can anyone recommend me a decent RF modulator? I'm using an old magnavox for my retro gaming and the RF games look great, but there's a serious issue with some of the systems hooked up through the modulator. For example, both gamecube and playstation will show their starting logo, then blink back to static for a bit, blink back to the game, then blink back to static randomly. This seems to be happening on every system I have hooked up through composite to the modulator except the original Xbox. I really think it's an issue with the modulator since they play fine on the flatscreen.

Really nice OP though I didn't see anything about the custom cases folks are making using the universal game cases (http://www.thevideostoreshopper.com/universal-game-case/universal-video-game-case-with-full-sleeve-insert/) and http://www.thecoverproject.net/

It was really cool to see the fancy cases folks were making for their loose games in the old thread.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

StellarX posted:

Can anyone recommend me a decent RF modulator? I'm using an old magnavox for my retro gaming and the RF games look great, but there's a serious issue with some of the systems hooked up through the modulator. For example, both gamecube and playstation will show their starting logo, then blink back to static for a bit, blink back to the game, then blink back to static randomly. This seems to be happening on every system I have hooked up through composite to the modulator except the original Xbox. I really think it's an issue with the modulator since they play fine on the flatscreen.
Sounds like either a short in the cable or your actual coaxial jack is shorting (cracked solder in an older TV seems likely). I don't have any recommendations for a replacement, unfortunately. Maybe just check out craigslist for a new tube TV? It'll ultimately be way cheap to find a decent CRT with the inputs you need.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
hey hamburglar could you buy this, it apparently has multiple playchoice 10 boards in the lot http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piles-of-Ar...=item4abadc3231

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
^^^ drat that looks sweet, if I were into arcade hardware I'd be looking for a way to fund that. I wonder what treasures are in that lot. Also, I can't imagine eBay being okay with saying "No Paypal"? I thought they made every auction support it as an option, anyway. Huh.

triplexpac posted:

I hooked up my SNES to a lovely CRT and was still blown away by how much better it looked than emulation. I forgot that I had gotten used to things being kind of lovely and blurry, I guess

This is why I will never, ever touch an emulator that can't do nearest-neighbor, cut-yo-drat-retinas-because-they-so-sharp pixels. That's why I strongly recommend Robert Broglia's emulators, which I think are on the Apple App Store but I've been buying them on Android. They are loving incredible. Fast, look gorgeous [oh man, NeoGeo/PCE with no filter and 25% scanlines, especially output via HDMI to my LCD, hubba hubba]

Another time to pimp the old XBox as a greeeeeat emulation platform. As big as that thing is, it's smaller than a pile of other consoles, dirt cheap [both of mine cost me maybe $20 each and controllers are like $5, just scour your local thrift shop], takes big hard drives, and yes yes emulation isn't the same experience, but you can't beat the convenience. Plus the xbox supports component out, and looks pretty darn good on my 27" component CRT.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 5, 2012

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Speaking of video sperging, for those consoles which can't output RGB, S-video, or even composite, there's the Micomsoft DISPL TV. It upscales RF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYbyV7Ao4HA

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Bravo on that OP. Awesome.

:siren:SECRET SANTA POST:siren:
Since the old thread will probably fall off the face of the earth before the SARGSS names get passed out, I took it upon myself to save everyone's messages from the old thread and aggregate them here (except Wickedicon, who dropped out). This should be everyone. I'll link to this post from the Elfster page, too, so when the time comes, everyone can easily find it. (Note: Elfster says there are 28 participants, but there are 29 here. I can't figure out if I hosed up or if someone just hasn't registered on Elfster yet, but here they are anyway.)

Agrias120 posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Doesn't matter
Consoles: NES, SNES, Genesis, CDX, Duo-R, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Game Gear, Gameboy, GBA, 3DS, PS Vita, PS1/2/3, XBOX/360, Saturn and Dreamcast
Favorite Genres: RPGs or shmups, but I also love fighting games and platformers. I love it all.
Specific Requests: Japanese copy of the PC port of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, please :hurr:

Note: I can speak/read Japanese, so I'm fine Japanese or English things!

midge posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: International. I'm in Canada, so not much choice.
Consoles: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Master System, Genesis,Dreamcast, PS1,PS2,PS3.
Favorite Genres: Turn based strategy, RPG's, Platformers, Scrolling Beat em Ups.
Specific Requests: Still working on my Genesis CIB NA collection. So additions to that would be awesome.
Do not send: Anything that isn't CIB. It will haunt me forever otherwise.

Katana Gomai posted:

SARGSS by Katana Gomai, Age 4.

Shipping preference: International (I'm German so duh.)
Consoles: GB/C/A, DS (not retro yet), NES, SNES, N64, GCN. Yes, I'm a Nintendo kid.
Genres: RPGs, Jump and Runs, Adventures mostly.
Why I should be President: Since I live in :siren:PAL land:siren:, I'd like either handheld games (region free) or NES/SNES NTSC games if they weren't released in PAL. I collect boxed but obviously I am not going to make a stink about that. I'd love to own things like the Dragon Quest (Monsters) games for NES, GBC et al. we didn't get. I posted about that on Elfster, too!

PS: If you want to disregard all that and send me some crazy-rear end poo poo instead please do so because that's amazing. No one should sperg about Retro Christmas!

zenintrude posted:

SARGSS

- Shipping Preference: Would prefer to ship domestically so that I could spend more on a gift, but will ship international if needed.
- (Retro) Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, Gamecube, Genesis, Saturn, :siren:Dreamcast:siren:, PSX, PS2, GBC, GBA, :siren:Virtual Boy:siren:, Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Favorite Genres: RPG (Action and Turn-based), Platforming, Metroidvania, Racing, Graphical Adventures
- Specific Requests: Surprises! Um... Dreamcast games (if I get a PAL Santa, I'd love some of the PAL-exclusive DC games) that I don't have, a GBA flashcart, box/manual for Jack Bros (US), Dreamcast BBA (do not buy me this)... really anything other than sports, simulation, strategy, or fighting games not on the DC.
- Do not send: Disc games without their original box and manuals... I'm really particular about this. Cart-based games I could care less about completeness.

I'll edit this later to include a list of games I have so that neither side feels bad about a duplicate gift.

al-azad posted:

SARGSS

Shipping: Prefer no international so I can spend more on gifts. I had a bad experience shipping to Singapore once so whenever I ship internationally the package will be insured with delivery confirmation and this is expensive.

Retro Consoles: Atari 400/2600/7800/Jaguar, 3DO, Genesis/CD/32x, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Master System, TG16, PC Engine DUO, Neo Geo Portable Color, Gameboy/GBA/, Dreamcast, Saturn, Game Gear, Amiga 500+,

Favorite Genres: I've got like every RPG I could ever want on every system so please, no RPGs. I like quirky games, arcade sports games (think Midway IE NBA Jam, NFL Blitz), action racing games (Wipeout, Rollcage, Twisted Metal), fast paced puzzlers, SHMUPs, horror adventure titles (D, Clock Tower) and 2D or 3D platformers. Really, I play everything except simulation sports/racing, it's all good.

Specific Requests: My PS1 and Saturn collections are pitiful. I have every RPG and expensive limited American release Working Designs/whatever games I could want which has left these two platform sorely lacking in anything that's not crunching numbers and grinding levels.

I also have next to no gaming swag. Posters, toys, and feelies would be loving awesome. If I got a stack of Nintendo Powers or old EGMs or something I'd be happy. I love reading lit from ye old days.

Do not send: Disc games that aren't CIB. I'm with Zenintrude, I can leave carts lying around but I just can't bring myself to stick discs in a plastic sleeve or blank case. I also have every N64 game worth owning, please no more.

Code Jockey posted:

SARGSS, he gasped with his last breath, the radiation from his enormous CRT TV overcoming him.

- Shipping preference: Don't care really

- A list of your consoles: NES, Twin Famicom, SNES, N64, Wii, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1, PS2, PS3, DS Lite, ~TG16~, original XBox, ~C64~

- Favorite genres of game: JRPGs, SRPGs, shmups, rhythm games [pop'n, beatmania, gf/dm], metroidvanias

- Any specific requests: Ummm errr I dunno, I like unlicensed stuff and beta stuff, stuff that's got some kind of "historical significance" if that makes any sense, also cool swag [specifically SNES Squaresoft stuff like posters, promo stuff, etc], and bootleg games, also just random-rear end Famicom games [can't read japanese though so no RPGs or things which rely on having to read text to do anything], FDS games would be neato too but I have Zelda 1, Kid Icarus, Dr. Chaos, and Little Computer People already. Ooooh, Saturn A/V cables [SCART or just composite] and a power cable and controllers too.

- "do not send": Human organs/tissue, sports games, DC VGA box [seems like a likely gift and I already have one, got it in another secret santa actually]

Space Harrier posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: Will ship internationally

Consoles: NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1/2/3, DS

Favorite genres: Easier to list what I'm not really into: shooters, fighting games and sports.

Specific requests: An obscure gem for the SNES or Super Famicom! Or anything else that's cool!

Do not send: Really text-heavy import games. I know enough Japanese to get through most menus okay, but that's about it.

Charles Get-Out posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Wherever is fine!

Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, Duo RX, JP Saturn, JP Dreamcast, US/JP PS2, Xbox, Wii, PS3

Favorite Genres: ARPGs, FPP RPGs, Survival Horror, Platformers

Specific Requests: PC Engine stuff is always welcome as is almost any JP region thing (including ADV games).

Do no send: Puzzle Games, Racing Games, any Silent Hill games (have the ones I want). Also I do not want 5 EA sports games (or any)
Also worth noting that I don't have the hardware to play western Saturn and Dreamcast games.

Random Stranger posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: I'm willing to send internationally

Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, Game Boy, Saturn, Playstation 1/2/3, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, XBox, DS, Wii, PSP, 3DS, Xbox 360

Favorite Genre: I don't really have a favorite. Weird and exotic games, I guess.

Requests: I honestly don't care that much about what's in the box as long as it's memorable. It's more fun for me to open a box and get something I wasn't expecting at all than just asking for stuff.

Do not send: T-shirts; I won't wear them

Oh man, assuming whoever I get has a NES (and in this thread there's a 99% chance that they will) I've got something extra-special in mind for you. Along with the Retro Game Master DVD set that everyone on my Christmas list is getting this year, of course.

Robolizard! posted:

SARGSS
Shipping Preference: Domestic, I can do international though.
Consoles: Nintendo Consoles, PSx / ps2, genesis / dreamcast, pc engine (soon)
Specific Requests: I love unlicensed / pirate / cool / janky hardware or games.
Do not send: I don't like non nintendo platform disc games. thats it.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: Non-international

Consoles: PS1/2, Xbox, DS, PSP, Game Boy/Color/Advance, Genesis, SNES, Dreamcast

Favorite genres: RPGs, adventure, shooters

Specific requests: Genesis, Dreamcast, or GB/GBC games, since those are the consoles that I haven't actively started collecting for. My Sega is lonely (and a new controller would rock). My favorites are shooters and RPGs of any kind. Unless it's a CD based game I care very little for CIB, infact cart only where applicable is probably best for my limited space. I love underrated/underappreciated stuff.

Do not send: Sports, racing, sims, puzzlers or platformers (those two are very iffy for me). Also nothing NES, I have one but don't have access to it basically ever.

Joke request not to be taken seriously: A Famicom or SFC with games. :thumbsup:

Awesomonster posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: No preference, I'll probably be doing international shipping for Christmas gifts anyway so one more won't hurt.

Consoles: NES, TG-16, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Gameboy/Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, Game Gear, PC, Macintosh Classic, Apple II

Favorite Genres: Adventure, RPG, shmups, platformers, is 'weird stuff' a genre?

Specific Requests: Adventure games are my main jam, preferably CIB computer games (which I know aren't easy to come by), or anything particularly weird (e.g. Incredible Crisis, Raw Danger, Gregory Horror Show). I especially love games that make you go "am I having a fever dream or is this a real game".

Do not send: Please no Keith Courage. I already have three copies of that poo poo.

iastudent posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Domestic. No disrespect to those outside the US but I gotta watch at least some of my money in the coming months.

Consoles: NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, GC

Favorite Genres: I like just about anything but I'm not a big fan of sports or simulation games.

Specific Requests: I think I'd appreciate Game Boy stuff the most, that's where my collecting efforts have been recently. GBC stuff is okay but I'm more interested in earlier GB stuff. A couple games I've been on the lookout for: Cosmo Tank, Rolan's Curse 1/2, Sword of Hope 1/2, Great Greed, Ultima: Runes of Virtue 1/2, and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge.

SNES stuff would be nice too. Some that I've been wanting to get are: Wizardry 5, Wanderers from Ys, Super Valis IV, and Dungeon Master.

Do Not Send: Any sports or simulation games. Also no disc games without the original cases, I'm terrible with keeping loose CDs.

I can provide a list of games I currently have if requested (Should probably update my Backloggery too...)

madpanda posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: Domestic US preferred. If we have a mismatch and not enough people going international I will spring for it.

Consoles: Everything except jaguar pretty much.

Favorite genres: Action rpgs, run and guns, pretty much everything except quiz and non baseball sports.

Specific requests: I have 0 3DO games and plan on starting that collection next. Also looking to fill in some of my genesis/gba collection. See link below for what I currently have. Genesis please be cart/box at least. 3DO can be disc only as long as it doesn't look like a cat tried to mate with it. Filling out any of my other systems would be great as well.

edit: I collect games that I might get entertainment out of, not just for #'s.

Do Not Send: Anything on my rfgeneration collected list already.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=benevicious&folder=Collection

SARGSS

Shipping: Do not care; worldwide is fine with me

Retro Consoles: SNES, NES, N64, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Gamecube.

Favorite Genres: For the NES I love good quality platformers (Duck Tales, Super Mario Bros, Contra, etc). For the SNES I love almost everything. Final Fantasy VI is my favorite game of all time, yet I do not care for any RPGs from the PS1 onward. :iiam:

Specific Requests: Anything SNES or NES that isn't too common. I am not expecting EVO or Earthbound levels of incredible-ness but something other than Super Mario All Stars would be nice :) A huge, gargantuan thing for me would be any type of old school signage, like that Super Nintendo store sign I've posted, though I know that's ridiculously uncommon. Any "big box" games released in Germany that the US didn't get for the SNES. No idea if those are cheap, though. If you don't feel like surprising me, a specific request would be Breath of Fire 1 or 2.

Do not send: CD-based games. I know there's a ton of good ones but there's so, so many bad ones. Also, no sports games. I'm a nerd; I don't like even like sports in game form.

Joke requests: Spare Playchoice 10 RGB PPUs, Earthbound, EVO, light-up World of Nintendo store sign.

:tipshat:

JJJJJS posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Domestic
Consoles: NES, Master System, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, 3DO, CD-i, Jaguar, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Neo Geo AES/MVS, N64, GC, Dreamcast.
Favorite Genres: Adventure, Platformers, RPGs.
Specific Requests: Adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES) has eluded me all these years...also E.V.O. and Demon's Crest.
Do not send: Disc only. They'll end up on a spindle and be lost forever.

Lepecard posted:

SARGSS

-Shipping Preference: Sorry if I sound rude but i'd prefer no International so I can focus more money on the gift itself.

-Consoles I Own:Playstations 1/2/3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360,NES, SNES,Nintendo 64,Gamecube, Wii,Gameboy,Gameboy Color,
Gameboy Advance,Nintendo DS,Virtual Boy,Sega Genesis, Sega 32X,Sega CD,Sega Game Gear,Wonderswan, and ... a Game.com(ughhhh)

-Favorite Game Types:Survival/Horror,
Top/Side-scrolling Shooters,Fighting(2D mainly,Action/Adventure,RPG Platformers,
and honestly i'll play anything if it has a absolutely bitching soundtrack!

-Specific Request: I'll have a wishlist posted to my Elfster thing but honestly,i'm easy to please! I really REALLY enjoy the bizarre,obscure,and overall oddities that have occurred over the years. I LOVE collectible swag such as pre-order stuff like posters or figurines and all those whatnots like that ZERO ESCAPE WATCH HINT HINT! So yeah, almost anything is fine! I don't have any games for the Wonderswan if that helps at all.

-Please Don't Send:Sports games unless mutant/cyborg/robot related, same with racing games, they aren't really my thing unless they're attached to rockets etc etc. Also, I can't speak Japanese...

Ambitious Spider posted:

SARGSS

shipping:No preference
retroish systems:NES,SNES,SFC,Genesis,GB,GBA,PSX,saturn, Dreamcast,64,ps2,master system
favorite genres:RPG, metroidvania,platformer,shmup.
specific requests: I'm lacking in SFC and master system games, but I've also got a big soft spot for portable games. I dunno, I'm not overly picky.

Kreeblah posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Whatever.
Retro-ish Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, SFC, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, CDi, Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo MVS, Saturn, PC Engine Duo R (region modded), GBA, PS1, Dreamcast, N64
Non-retro Consoles: PS2, PS3, original Xbox, 360, GCN, DS, PSP, Wii
Favorite Genres: JRPGs, action RPGs, platformers, Metroidvania games, graphical adventures
Specific Requests: My Saturn and TG16 collections are weakest right now since they're relatively recent acquisitions (and I still need to borrow some space at a friend's place to mod my Saturn to play non-Japanese games). Aside from that stuff, I'd be up for pretty much anything.
Do not send: Sports games, T-shirts, or extremely text-heavy Japanese games (I can figure out games that don't rely on moon runes, but I can't actually read them).

Sexy Slippers posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: US based and I'd rather not ship internationally, sorry!

Consoles: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Vectrex, Famicom, NES, SNES (region modded), Genesis (region modded), Sega CD, 32x, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Playstation, Dreamcast, Saturn, PC Engine Duo (region modded so it can play TG16 games as well), N64 (region modded)

Favorite genres: Platformers, Turn Based Strategy games, RPGs

Specific requests: Virtual Boy Wario Land or other Virtual Boy games that aren't Mario Tennis, A Sega Master System, Atari Lynx or Colecovision (if you have a spare of any of those laying about), random accessories for any of the systems above except the portables or any sort of merchandise like action figures, plush or posters. I trust your judgement so make good decisions!

Do not send: Overly text heavy Japanese games because I don't know any Japanese! and sports games.

I will try to have an up to date list of what games I own by November linked in this post and/or on elfster.

Uncle Jenkins posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: USA and Canada only. Have addresses in both countries you can ship to.

Consoles: Atari 2600, NES, Famicom, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Game Boy/Color, Game Gear, Turbografx-16, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast

Genres: Pretty much everything but sports, also not huge on JRPG's (Unless it's Earthbound :v:)

Specific requests: Anything kinda quirky, rare, or obscure that's within the price range. I'd also be happy with a working Game Gear, I don't have the tools/know-how to fix the screen on mine.

Do not send: Anything I already have

Vegastar posted:

SARGSS

Shipping preference: Domestic only, please :(
Consoles: NES, SNES, N64 (Probably a Genesis in the near-ish future)
Genres: Platformers are my cocaine. Mega Man and Mario are my favorite game series.
Specific Requests: I'm not terribly picky. Boxes and manuals aren't important to me in any way, shape or form. Would prefer NES/SNES stuff over the other two systems, or something weird to fuel a new system purchase :retrogames:. My SNES collection is pathetic.
Do not send: Also not terribly picky in this regard, as long as it's not something I have (NES Megamans, Marios, Castlevanias)

AwwJeah posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: No International. USA.
Consoles: SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, Game Gear, DS
Favorite Genres: Beat Em Ups, Run n Guns, SHMUPS, Action/Adventure, Arcadey Sports, Rail Shooters. Anything with a lot of hitting and shooting and BOOM and FAST.
Specific Requests: Draw me a doodle. I collect them. :)
Do not send: Please no RPGs or games that require a lot of dedication to complete. Sadly I just don't have the time or patience for them anymore. Unless you wanna send me Earthbound, of course.

F'ing pumped for this. Can't wait to pick some games out for a stranger.

tvb posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: No international, please. Beyond my means.

Consoles: NONE. This thread has inspired me to rebuild my old retro collection, because man, I miss my old consoles. That said, I'm cool with games, I just won't have anything to play them on (yet). I'll probably start with a Game Boy Advance, followed by a Nintendo 64 or a Dreamcast, if that helps give any direction.

Favorite Genres: Platformers, kart racing, adventure, side-scrolling beat-em-ups.

Specific Requests: Feel free to go mainstream. I'm starting a collection from scratch, so I don't really need anything esoteric. Truthfully, probably going to start up a handheld collection first, because I just don't have a decent set-up for TV-based gaming - GBA, GBC and GB games would be awesome. And I mean, if you had something to play it on sitting in a shoebox somewhere, I'm just sayin'.

Do not send: Clothing. Sims, sports, or turn-based RPGs. The one exception to that is that I was majorly obsessed (and still a little obsessed) with Generation 1 Pokemon (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green), so any G1 Pokemon stuff is gravy (and I'd be totally into trying out later generations, though I never did before).

Thanks goons! This is my first SS, and I'm really stoked.

absolutely anything posted:

"SARGSS" -- The Nemesis, Residence Of Evil Three: The Nemesis

Shipping Preference: USA USA USA (Translator's Note: no international)
Consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis/Sega CD/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gameboy/Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, also all the current systems but those aren't retro so
Favorite Genres: Everything but sports sims and RTS games generally, but it's not like there aren't exceptions. I just like video games!
Specific Requests: Gamecube component cables (hahahahaha yeah right). But seriously, I dunno. I like cool/weird things. Gimme cool/weird things.
Do not send: Any non-CIB games. I already have too many of those lying around.

Tyson Tomko posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: No International if at all possible please, more $$$ to spend if we keep it domestic
Consoles: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System (no 3d glasses), Genesis, 32x, Sega CD (in form of X'eye), Dreamcast, Xbox, PS1, PS2, Game Boy/Color/Advance/DS, Game Gear, Virtual Boy, Coco2
Favorite Genres: Beat-em-ups, horizontal/vertical shooters, side scrolling anything, Pilotwings or Star Trek Starfleet Academy style sims, FPS (think Zero Tolerance)
Specific Requests::ducksiren:Kolibri on 32x:ducksiren:, Duck Tales 2 on NES, Tengen Tetris on NES, Teleroboxer on VB, surprise me! My DC collection is virtually non-existent all I have are a few NXX2KX games and Sega Bass Fishing. If you're rich SMS 3d glasses would rock so much. The Zero Tolerance link cable would be pretty cool too. I have 1 SFC game and 2 FC games so feel free.
Do not send: No clothing please, only sports games I'm into/need are golf or bowling related, I've got all the light gun games on NES/SNES I want already, no racing games, no loose Genesis carts as I've already got way too many without a case.

Also, tvb if I get you I'm going to rock your world with more Game Boy stuff than you can shake a stick at.

Baldrash posted:

SARGSS

Oh, this is awesome. I've done other Secret Santa stuff before, but a retrogoon-specific one is perfect.

Shipping Preference: I can ship internationally if absolutely needed, but I'd rather not so I can spend more on the gift.
Systems Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Famicom, Famicom Disk System, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Virtual Boy, Game Boy, Game Gear, Game Boy Color, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Game Boy Advance, Sega Dreamcast.
Favorite Genres: Platformers, action-adventure, shooters (Gradius, R-Type, etc.), RPGs.
Requests: I love new and interesting bits of hardware, but I really want to flesh out my Famicom and SNES collections. I only own two Famicom titles, two FDS titles, and seven SNES games. I also like portable games, and my Game Boy and Game Gear collections are somewhat lacking. I'd be happy with pretty much anything, though, as long as it's not ten copies of NHL 94 for the SNES or something.
Don't Want/Need: Sports games (I own most of the ones I care about) and common NES/Genesis titles. I have about 40 games each for those two, mostly of personal favorites and must-have titles. I also have most of the common and uncommon NGPC games.

Mill Village posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: No international shipping please.
Consoles: N64, GC, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Dreamcast
Favorite Genres: Action, FPS, RPGs, Platformers
Specific Requests: Doom for PS1 CIB Longbox version, Chrono Cross for PS1
Do not send: Any major Nintendo franchise games such as Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc (I have all the ones I want for those systems), and Sonic games.

I apologize in advance if I'm posting this without meeting the posting criteria for the thread. :ohdear: I have been following this thread for quite some time, and tend to only post when I have questions.

Panic Restaurant posted:

SARGSS

Shipping Preference: Would prefer to keep it to US so I can spend more on the actual gift, but in the event of some sort of catastrophe I can do international.

Consoles: Genesis/32X/Sega CD, Dreamcast, Game Boy/Color, Game Gear, Jaguar, Lynx, Master System, Neo Geo Pocket Color, N64, NES/FC, PS1, Saturn, SNES/SFC, TG16. I own other consoles but these are the only ones I'm really looking for anything on at the moment.

Favorite Genres: RPG's, platformers, beat-em-ups, shmups, adventure games, weird crazy poo poo from Japan

Specific Requests: I don't have a ton of 32X, Sega CD, Jaguar, Lynx, Master System, NGPC, or TG16 games, so additions to those collections would be very cool. I'm also a huge Mega Man fan/collector so cool mega swag is always appreciated. Specific game-wise I'd love Mega Man 7, Duck Tales 2, Snow Bros, Game Gear Mega Man, and the Japanese versions of the Mother games. If you're some sort of saint I still need a 3DO, Turbo Duo, and Virtual Boy, but oh god most of this stuff is so expensive don't actually get me any of it :ohdear:

Do Not Send: Sports games, t-shirts (I won't wear them :( ), Hucard only Turbografx games, disc only games, chocolate candy.

All things considered, surprise me! Crazy poo poo is always welcome, and if you're worried about getting me something I already own I can gladly provide a list of games I currently own if requested.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007

iastudent posted:

Can anyone give me a second opinion on this guy? A Duo with region mod and full capacitor replacement sounds more promising than having to import one for about the same cost and having no idea of the actual quality of it.

He's an old and respected member of neo-geo.com, I've seen his custom work and it's clean and neat.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Pinguliten posted:

He's an old and respected member of neo-geo.com, I've seen his custom work and it's clean and neat.

Is he still doing stuff? I tried to buy a modded DUO-R from him several times and never got any sort of response back (which is why I ended up going with doujindance). His superguns look a little too good to pass up.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007

Agrias120 posted:

Is he still doing stuff? I tried to buy a modded DUO-R from him several times and never got any sort of response back (which is why I ended up going with doujindance). His superguns look a little too good to pass up.

To be honest I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if he burned out a long time ago. And yes, his superguns are really nice. They're a bit too high tech for Europe due to us having scart and everything on our TVs but man are they sweet. The one I saw had a real arcade PSU in it cut down to fit inside the case, a scart socket, a video encoder for all the lesser video standards (component included) and some pretty sweet wiring.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

How often does doujindance offer stuff on eBay? Currently he doesn't have any consoles for sale, the last one it looks like was sold on the 27th of last month.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

zenintrude posted:

I was about to suggest adding a bit about contacting Upeer about having his game store's solder tech do the repair (a complicated fix no doubt, much like the NES RGB) but apparently his store has gone under :(

Oh man that sucks. Any time I hear a retro store go under I get a bit depressed; and it also sucks because his place is the only place I ever found that could do it.

SUPER HASSLER posted:

Just wanted to note that I shot this picture in 1998, back when I was living in Japan and buying unopened FDS games like Castlevania for the equivalent of $3 a pop at electronics resellers :smug:

Wow, small world. Thanks for the pic! It was simply the first picture I found of the FDS on the model 2 Famicom.

WickedIcon posted:

I actually agree with this, believe it or not. Well, except for the composite part. S-Video is so incredible that on a CRT, I really can't see a difference between that and RGB.

Problem is I do not have the space for a CRT, and would like my plasma TV to be "all in one" rather than have to go to a different room to play.

Other things I plan to add to the OP shortly: the best type of TVs for retro gamin', the best solution for retro gamin' emulation on the go, and the Virtual Boy which I conveniently completely left out even though I have 4 of them (all with display problems).

Robolizard! posted:

hey hamburglar could you buy this, it apparently has multiple playchoice 10 boards in the lot http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piles-of-Ar...=item4abadc3231

The funny/sad thing is if he had only 7 PC10 motherboards and that was all, it would be worth it.

Code Jockey posted:

This is why I will never, ever touch an emulator that can't do nearest-neighbor, cut-yo-drat-retinas-because-they-so-sharp pixels.

Yeah I used to sperg the hell out about that back when I was trying to use emulators instead of real consoles. Sperged so hard in fact that I donated a bunch of XBox 1 hardware to a dude on the ZSNES team and Lantus (the guy who ended up making an SNES emulator for the XBox1) simply because, at the time, no one made an SNES emulator on the XBox1 that did nearest-neighbor, cut-yo-drat-retinas-because-they-so-sharp pixels.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 6, 2012

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

iastudent posted:

How often does doujindance offer stuff on eBay? Currently he doesn't have any consoles for sale, the last one it looks like was sold on the 27th of last month.

Put them as a favorite seller or setup a saved search for rgb pc engine and have it email results. It took me a few weeks of checking to get one.

For scart switches there is a middle ground between the lovely plastic grey ones and the expensive as hell shinybow.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hama-Scart-Switch-Box-AV-100S-Silver-/350630494199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a334bff7

I have the metal version of this and it works great. Someone in IRC was talking about hama switches also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slightly-Us...=item4d06786c2d

These are goddamn horrible.

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 6, 2012

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Anyone put those kitsch-bent backlit Game Boy screens in a Game Boy Pocket? :10bux: such a reasonable price for them, but I also kind of want to wait for new colors to get back in stock.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I played about an hour of Pier Solar today, and I'm still not sure what to think about this game. The backgrounds and environments are really great. The character sprites are muddy and indecipherable. The CD music soundtrack (if you have a SegaCD you can download the ISO of the enhanced soundtrack and it will play instead of the on-chip soundtrack) is quite good. The enemy sprites are really cool and interesting.

I don't know if it's buggy or supposed to be balls hard or what though. The second dungeon exploration area is like 5x harder than the first, and even if you gain a level (from 2 to 3) it doesn't get any easier because you literally gain no stats from that levelup. Magic points are scarce and spells are expensive. The beginner health items cost like 30 gold each and heal for 40 (at this point I'm getting ~41 gold per fight). Basically every 4 fights I have to run back to the inn. Experience builds slowly.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Very nice OP!

So anyway earlier this year I embarked on a quest to collect every single NES Zapper game, and much like any NES collector would tell you, most of them are easy to find but the last few are gently caress hard and expensive. There are 17 released in America that I know of, and about half of them just required a trip up to a local second-hand book/game/music store. Wild Gunman is the priciest licensed game at a grand total of $15 on eBay, but I found it and a few other uncommons at a convention for $6. Also, four of the Zapper games are black label games, too, which I also casually collect because they look nice.

The real motherfuckers are a couple of unlicensed games named Baby Boomer and Chiller. Last I checked, their eBay prices were $40 and $80 respectively.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Woo, found Frog Bog and Night Stalker for the Intellivision CIB at a thrift store today.

Sometimes dreams do come true....I guess?

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

ACID POLICE posted:

Anyone put those kitsch-bent backlit Game Boy screens in a Game Boy Pocket? :10bux: such a reasonable price for them, but I also kind of want to wait for new colors to get back in stock.

You could if you wanted (I haven't), but it's a much more finicky install.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Perfect timing with this thread, I just picked up a Factor-5 NES player this weekend along with 7 games. I'm really pleased with the console, the controllers especially are responsive and it's nice having an AV out for my TV. The main drawback is it's finicky with some games, especially dirty ones. I went to town with qtips and Windex but I am SOL it seems for The Three Stooges and Robocop.

All in all though, the factor 5 is not a bad deal, especially at 20 bucks. I'm having lots of fun scouring eBay and Retro gaming stores for low priced gems. Just ordered the original TMNT for $1.99, and I found Skate or Die for 99 cents. Something tells me I am going to spend a lot more time collecting these games than actually playing them...

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

iastudent posted:

If you shoot him an e-mail, 9 times out of 10 he will respond within 24 hours with a new listing for you to buy via Buy It Now.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ohnoitschris posted:

Very nice OP!

So anyway earlier this year I embarked on a quest to collect every single NES Zapper game, and much like any NES collector would tell you, most of them are easy to find but the last few are gently caress hard and expensive. There are 17 released in America that I know of, and about half of them just required a trip up to a local second-hand book/game/music store. Wild Gunman is the priciest licensed game at a grand total of $15 on eBay, but I found it and a few other uncommons at a convention for $6. Also, four of the Zapper games are black label games, too, which I also casually collect because they look nice.

The real motherfuckers are a couple of unlicensed games named Baby Boomer and Chiller. Last I checked, their eBay prices were $40 and $80 respectively.

Oh Chiller, my OTHER regret.

Amazing Heroes had a boxed [for all I know, sealed] copy once. I never asked about the price, but I should have, since it isn't there anymore. :smith: Chiller is too awesome / too "wait, what?" not to own, especially since I collect unlicensed games.

e. Just realized the OP is missing something critical from the other thread's OP:

Still gets me every time. Yes, I am 12.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 6, 2012

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I updated my post after 4 failed edit I have something manageable. Also I did meant Yoshi's Island and not the terrible Yoshi's Story.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If we're going to post screenshots and summaries of games, why not make it a link in the OP and have it link to a new wiki page titled 'Recommended/Legacy games of *system here*'

Then we can go crazy with pictures and summaries of why you should play this game.

In recent retro playing news, I actually managed to complete RE1 Dualshock edition. Man, RE1 is balls hard and it really is survival horror as I was dreading there being more hunters in the next room so I wouldn't have to use my limited shotgun bullets/herbs.

Gonna work on RE2 next and most people seem to say Leon A/Claire B is how it's intended. I assume I have to play Leon and Claire to get the full story? (Can't just quit after finishing Leon A)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ineffiable posted:

If we're going to post screenshots and summaries of games, why not make it a link in the OP and have it link to a new wiki page titled 'Recommended/Legacy games of *system here*'

Then we can go crazy with pictures and summaries of why you should play this game.

We totally can do that; I just feel like things are more likely to be seen than if it's just a link to it. Also, people would be less likely to give their two cents in on the topic.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
From late in the last thread/Nintendo World Catalog:

This would go nicely under the section in the OP on why not just emulate. You can't emulate Castlevania-forged friendship OR juice, motherfuckah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

We totally can do that; I just feel like things are more likely to be seen than if it's just a link to it. Also, people would be less likely to give their two cents in on the topic.

This is the problem we have with the wiki as stated before. It could be a good reference but nobody contributes to it.

Why?

Because we assume nobody will use it.

Why not list the major systems (and revisions), give a few teasers of screenshots of games on the system and have a text list of notable/legacy games? We can have the extra pictures/summaries inside the wiki link (hotlink the games to wiki articles in the same post)

This would make a pretty good 3rd post of the OP.

Tobaccrow posted:

From late in the last thread/Nintendo World Catalog:

This would go nicely under the section in the OP on why not just emulate. You can't emulate Castlevania-forged friendship OR juice, motherfuckah!

I am always going to associate the 90s with radical hot neon colors. You would never see a kid's room painted that color these days.

Is there any retro magazines (note, actually released in the 90s) that people like to reread? I'm thinking of grabbing some old EGMs and old NPs and throwing it on a tablet.

• Locked thread