Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but since you guys are talking about film scores anyway, I was pumped to find this bad boy:

Ha! I bought a copy of that last month and it went on my display wall immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but since you guys are talking about film scores anyway, I was pumped to find this bad boy:

Yesssss, I was hoping you'd put up a picture after you mentioned it. That's awesome :allears:

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Temporary Residence is doing a post hurricane sale with coupon code SANDY911.

I picked up the limited colour pressing of the new MONO album.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Got this in the mail today:

Really long title:

Linear Downfall, New Fumes, Spaceface, and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with the Flaming Lips - Playing Hide and Seek with the Ghosts of Dawn

It's a complete cover of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King and it's loving awesome. Limited to 500 copies and only sold on tour... a friend of mine picked this one up for me at the Lips' Halloween show two weeks ago.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Cheesus posted:

The only reason I didn't go to Wax Trax (or Independent Records) was I was rushed for time that day and couldn't make it (they're not exactly within quick walking distance to Twist & Shout).

However, I agree Wax Trax is great and I've found some great deals there in the past.

Don't feel bad about missing Independent, their title is misleading and it's generally like browsing a Best Buy vinyl selection with an emphasis on insane clown posse/nu metal.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Surfingelectrode posted:

Got this in the mail today:

Really long title:

Linear Downfall, New Fumes, Spaceface, and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with the Flaming Lips - Playing Hide and Seek with the Ghosts of Dawn

It's a complete cover of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King and it's loving awesome. Limited to 500 copies and only sold on tour... a friend of mine picked this one up for me at the Lips' Halloween show two weeks ago.

I waaaaaaaaant :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Floodixor posted:

Don't feel bad about missing Independent, their title is misleading and it's generally like browsing a Best Buy vinyl selection with an emphasis on insane clown posse/nu metal.

Jesus wept.

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen

Morning Bell fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 24, 2021

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ugh, Converge is still delayed with no date and Crystal Castles just got pushed back until December. gently caress the Beatles.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

alg posted:

Ugh, Converge is still delayed with no date and Crystal Castles just got pushed back until December. gently caress the Beatles.

Converge is still delayed but at least Prawn's Ships LP is now apparently moving forward successfully :unsmith:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Floodixor posted:

In my experience, while their vinyl selection isn't that great, it's also not that bad either. While it's lesser of any others I can think of in the Denver area, I think it's worth a stop.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Where can I listen to your band/buy the LP?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

alg posted:

Crystal Castles just got pushed back until December.

what the poo poo

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

traveling midget posted:

Where can I listen to your band/buy the LP?

I found this http://weareblackfox.bandcamp.com/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

WASDF posted:

what the poo poo

amazon e-mailed me letting me know it wont be here until dec 4

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

alg posted:

amazon e-mailed me letting me know it wont be here until dec 4

What is so wrong with the album that it needs to be delayed three times? They were probably unhappy that they could hear Alice at all over Ethan's noises.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

i'm guessing that beatles album that is holding up production for a lot of poo poo right now.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Cheesus posted:

In my experience, while their vinyl selection isn't that great, it's also not that bad either. While it's lesser of any others I can think of in the Denver area, I think it's worth a stop.

Yeah, I mean if you're just looking for places that have records, of course it's worth a shot. But it's in that pocket of other superior stores (in my opinion) like Wax Trax/Twist and Shout. Jerry's is there too on Colfax (is it still there?) but it's basically a repository for dadrock, beat-up records, and dust.

Black and Read is just a little gem in Colorado though, I loved going there when I could. :allears: I saw a pre-show interview with Tennis, who are from Colorado, and they said that Colorado has an awful, almost non-existent selection of record stores. Denver may not be as big as other major cities like Chicago, but I live in San Francisco now and there's about the same number of quality stores as Denver, I believe. Saying there's no options just isn't true.

SF has Amoeba though, which trumps most anything.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

alg posted:

i'm guessing that beatles album that is holding up production for a lot of poo poo right now.

Is this a this a thing that's actually happening? Because if so that's really loving stupid. I actually like the Beatles, but Jesus Christ we don't need anymore reissues. The 2009 CDs were great and that should have been the final word.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

CPL593H posted:

Is this a this a thing that's actually happening? Because if so that's really loving stupid. I actually like the Beatles, but Jesus Christ we don't need anymore reissues. The 2009 CDs were great and that should have been the final word.

These are literally those CDs pressed on wax. I don't see the point at all.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I got the new Music Tapes album in the mail today (Julian Koster of Neutral Milk Hotel). It's got a lovely diorama thing on the sleeve.

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen

Morning Bell fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 24, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Surfingelectrode posted:

These are literally those CDs pressed on wax. I don't see the point at all.

I know. That's what I was saying. Plus the CDs sounded awesome. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing more to be done. Plus it's not exactly hard to find a Beatles album on vinyl. Use all that wax to reissue Beck's 90s albums.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

CPL593H posted:

I know. That's what I was saying. Plus the CDs sounded awesome. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing more to be done. Plus it's not exactly hard to find a Beatles album on vinyl. Use all that wax to reissue Beck's 90s albums.

The worst part is they are releasing the stereo reissues now and they have plans to release the whole thing again in mono next year.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Kevar posted:

The worst part is they are releasing the stereo reissues now and they have plans to release the whole thing again in mono next year.

Has this been confirmed?

I'd like some Beatles on vinyl, but would rather have mono.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

It's not 90s Beck, but Sea Change is getting a re-issue at least.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

$45? That's madness...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

^^^^To be fair it's a double LP and a mo-fi pressing. They remastered the gently caress out of it and this edition is the best version of the album you can get.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The standard black mo-fi edition is still readily available. And for less money. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I guess this is cool for people who like masturbating to vinyl that comes in whacky colors.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 7, 2012

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

eggsovereasy posted:

Has this been confirmed?

I'd like some Beatles on vinyl, but would rather have mono.

There's no official date or everything I've read about the reissues has mentioned that the mono release will be sometime in 2013.

I know it doesn't matter but not knowing the colorways for the new Converge is killing me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CPL593H posted:

^^^^To be fair it's a double LP and a mo-fi pressing. They remastered the gently caress out of it and this edition is the best version of the album you can get.

The standard black mo-fi edition is still readily available. And for less money. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I guess this is cool for people who like masturbating to vinyl that comes in whacky colors.

Is this new MoFi a different master than the old MoFi?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

What do y'all listen to as far as Christmas albums? I generally prefer new albums since I don't really have a good setup for deep cleaning. I have She & Him and Charlie Brown. What else is out there as far as recent releases?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Joseph remains the only xmas album worth playing.
http://handalligator.com/mp3/shopping.mp3

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

traveling midget posted:

Is this new MoFi a different master than the old MoFi?

It's pink vinyl, evidently the first time MoFi has used colored vinyl.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

eggsovereasy posted:

It's pink vinyl, evidently the first time MoFi has used colored vinyl.

Right, but does it sound different?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

traveling midget posted:

Right, but does it sound different?

I mean to say, as far as I know the only difference from the first MoFi release is the color of the vinyl. The announcement I saw only mentioned the color of the vinyl.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

alg posted:

What do y'all listen to as far as Christmas albums? I generally prefer new albums since I don't really have a good setup for deep cleaning. I have She & Him and Charlie Brown. What else is out there as far as recent releases?

There are only four Christmas albums that get play in my house: Phil Spector, John Fahey, Low, and Rudy Ray Moore. If there are any other Christmas albums that are in that league, I'd also love to hear suggestions.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

chime_on posted:

There are only four Christmas albums that get play in my house: Phil Spector, John Fahey, Low, and Rudy Ray Moore. If there are any other Christmas albums that are in that league, I'd also love to hear suggestions.

:eyepop: I have to look this one up.

I like the Raveonettes Christmas but assume it's $texas on vinyl.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Low's Christmas album is truly amazing. I THINK it was last year that Kranky finally did a vinyl pressing, so it should be easy to find.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Ze's Christmas Record is awesome. Not only does is it the first time the Waitress' classic hit "Christmas Wrapping" appears, it also features Suicide!

That's all you need to know.

It's up on iTunes, but my god, they really hosed up the mastering. I hate to use this term, but it is way too bright, they really accentuated the high-end.

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

alg posted:

What do y'all listen to as far as Christmas albums?

Bruce Cockburn's christmas album is really good. It's really about christ and stuff more than it is about christmas. Not really appropriate for a christmas party hahah.