Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
There is a Purge History button, its an X to the top right of the history panel and it has 3 options for deleting completed and failed files. Try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Perfect, thanks.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

blargle posted:

Is there a setting in Sabnzbd to automatically clean up the incomplete directory every once in a while? I just realized it leaves failed downloads there, and was taking up a huge amount of space. Deleting manually is a crappy option, since I could easily delete something from my queue by accident.

In Settings/General there is a 'Cleanup List' for removing files from completed downloads. I have '.nfo, .sfv, .txt, .srr, .url, .nzb' in mine. That helps stop my completed downloads folder filling up with random files that sickbeard decides to just leave there.

What I tend to do is occasionally at the 'History' section at the bottom of the main sab page, I then hit the 'X' on the right hand side and choose 'Purge Failed NZBs & Delete Files' and then 'Purge Completed NZBs'.

edit: woops, didn't see the new page!

Gism0 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 4, 2012

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Getting lots of these in the logs, and shows aren't updating. I'm on the latest sickbeard build. Any ideas, anyone else having issues connecting to the sickbeard index?

2012-11-04 18:48:31.009000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:48:55.236000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-82066 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:49:16.515000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-164301 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:49:37.825000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-258480 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
I'm getting them constantly as well, rarely for Womble Index as well. This is why it would great if you could add free indexers like binsearch and nzbclub to Sickbeard so you don't have to pay or rely on the SB one.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Yeh there is people on the SB forum saying the same thing, I think the SB indexer is just having issues. Has been happening to me for the last couple of days.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.
Idk if it's been discussed, but if there a working free mirror of musicbrainz? Do I really have to setup my own db in a vm just so headphones wont suck? I guess I could pay the ten bucks to access headphones own mirror.

Bicycle SexFucker fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 5, 2012

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources

Sperg Victorious posted:

Both still only have headers for selected newsgroups.

Are their any free indexers that have full headers?

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Am I blind or does NZBDrone not have a way to set a username and password so not just anybody can remotely access it?

Yes. It's under System. Change your authentication to Windows. Then use the uname/password of an account on your machine. I believe customizable authentication is coming, but isn't there yet.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

monkeybounce posted:

Yes. It's under System. Change your authentication to Windows. Then use the uname/password of an account on your machine. I believe customizable authentication is coming, but isn't there yet.

I did that initially and was still able to connect to it from my phone without it prompting me for a password. No matter though, since there aren't currently any android apps that work with it. Sick beard works well enough.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
When the SB Index isn't down it does, yeah.

I tried nzbdrone and tried to make it grab a new ep, it didn't find anything from 3 or 4 indexers, Sickbeard found it instantly. Got mad, uninstalled, the end. cheers

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
So I have to say, Finally getting an UnRaid box set up with Sab/SB/CP is awesome. I'm still configuring CP some (ie. RSS Feed stuff) but its awesome so far. The final part that makes this whole system awesome is Plex media Server.

Before I had it all set up, I had an old laptop with Ubuntu running Sab/SB and then manually copying (via USB HDD) all the movies I wanted on to my desktop to serve up via PS3MediaServer.

Plex works on my Roku also which is Awesome.

Also, since getting a AstraWeb account, I've used like 300k of my Blocknews account.

Question: What has everyone noticed with speed when switching to SSL? I seem to still spike at 2._MB/s but it seems to drop way down into the 500kb/s and never stay stable. Before it seemed to stay at 2mb if I set that as my limit.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

MasterColin posted:

Question: What has everyone noticed with speed when switching to SSL? I seem to still spike at 2._MB/s but it seems to drop way down into the 500kb/s and never stay stable. Before it seemed to stay at 2mb if I set that as my limit.

Back when I had 100mbit, I'd regular go 10+ MB/s with SSL connections to Supernews.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Bit the bullet and paid for a year of nzb.su vip. Hey look at that, shows are automatically being downloaded again!

Now to start actually using couchpotato.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

MasterColin posted:

So I have to say, Finally getting an UnRaid box set up with Sab/SB/CP is awesome. I'm still configuring CP some (ie. RSS Feed stuff) but its awesome so far. The final part that makes this whole system awesome is Plex media Server.

Before I had it all set up, I had an old laptop with Ubuntu running Sab/SB and then manually copying (via USB HDD) all the movies I wanted on to my desktop to serve up via PS3MediaServer.

Plex works on my Roku also which is Awesome.

Also, since getting a AstraWeb account, I've used like 300k of my Blocknews account.

Bunch of things at play for SSL. Some servers can be crappy about their SSL libs and basically ruin your day.

Had to update my local servers ssl stuff to get speeds above 3mbit.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

devmd01 posted:

Bit the bullet and paid for a year of nzb.su vip. Hey look at that, shows are automatically being downloaded again!
Good on you, but.. is $7.50 USD really "biting the bullet"?

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
So after all my happiness with my unraid usenet box, I'm noticing that sab seems to Max my CPU. top shows it running at 90% at idle and over 100 when downloading. I have a dual core i3 proc.

This then bottlenecks my Plex server making me have trouble streaming.

I think I need to set a limit on sab's CPU usage or at least set priority

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Has anyone else been getting duplicate entries in XBMC for TV shows that Sick Beard has downloaded?

For about a week, more or less, most all shows downloaded are getting listed twice in XBMC. SAB is certainly not grabbing two copies, and the only files in respective folders are the video, nfo, sub and tbn files. No actual dupes.

This may have started happening with the 0.7.5 SAB release.

Should I start looking at SAB/SB or XBMC for the answer (or is it due to the SB index being odd this week)?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Are both entries in XBMC valid? Aka, do they both play a file?

When Sickbeard replaces a file with a higher quality it isn't able to tell XBMC the old version isn't there anymore, so I end up with two entries, one of them for the old file, the other invalid. The reason it's invalid is because I put the quality in the file name, so if the file doesn't change then it might be different for you.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

MasterColin posted:

So after all my happiness with my unraid usenet box, I'm noticing that sab seems to Max my CPU. top shows it running at 90% at idle and over 100 when downloading. I have a dual core i3 proc.

This then bottlenecks my Plex server making me have trouble streaming.

I think I need to set a limit on sab's CPU usage or at least set priority

What version of Unraid did you install? V5 or V4?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Not sure how specific I can get about this due to the rules, but here goes...

I'm having a problem with Sickbeard fetching certain shows. I'm all up to date and everything; the issue is, when I go and actually look by hand on the NZB site, the shows I told Sickbeard to fetch are there. For some reason, Sickbeard isn't finding them.

This one time, though, something bizarre happened. I had a backlog going on something and I searched for it manually in a separate tab in Chrome. I didn't actually download an NZB, though. Suddenly, Sickbeard came to life and found it even though it had not been able to before.

This has been the case with several different shows and I can't really find a specific pattern. Any suggestions?

Edit: Should probably mention that my NZB provider is NZBMatrix.

Powdered Toast Man fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 6, 2012

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

FISHMANPET posted:

When Sickbeard replaces a file with a higher quality it isn't able to tell XBMC the old version isn't there anymore, so I end up with two entries, one of them for the old file, the other invalid. The reason it's invalid is because I put the quality in the file name, so if the file doesn't change then it might be different for you.

Yep. This happens even if the filename is the same but the extension is different. For example, if SB downloads an .mp4 file and then upgrades it to a .mkv file, you'll end up with two entries in XBMC.

(The XBMC library needs so much work)

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Powdered Toast Man posted:

Not sure how specific I can get about this due to the rules, but here goes...

I'm having a problem with Sickbeard fetching certain shows. I'm all up to date and everything; the issue is, when I go and actually look by hand on the NZB site, the shows I told Sickbeard to fetch are there. For some reason, Sickbeard isn't finding them.

This one time, though, something bizarre happened. I had a backlog going on something and I searched for it manually in a separate tab in Chrome. I didn't actually download an NZB, though. Suddenly, Sickbeard came to life and found it even though it had not been able to before.

This has been the case with several different shows and I can't really find a specific pattern. Any suggestions?

Most of the time, in my experiences, this occurs for one of two reasons.

1. The TVDB can be real pricks about ordering. Sometimes TVDB says a show is S08E01 when it's really S07E22 or vice versa. In these cases, since SB uses TVDB to know what show to look for, it cannot find it if TVDB tells it to look for S08E22 and the scene labelled it S08E01.
2. Less common, but still happens, is weirdness in naming of the release. I don't know how common it is now, but for a while SB didn't know that SHOW 2x22 meant S02E22. I think they've got a regex for that now, but there could be other non-standard cases that cause that issue.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Tapedump posted:

Good on you, but.. is $7.50 USD really "biting the bullet"?

I'm frugal. :shrug:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
s/frugal/cheap

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

monkeybounce posted:

Most of the time, in my experiences, this occurs for one of two reasons.

1. The TVDB can be real pricks about ordering. Sometimes TVDB says a show is S08E01 when it's really S07E22 or vice versa. In these cases, since SB uses TVDB to know what show to look for, it cannot find it if TVDB tells it to look for S08E22 and the scene labelled it S08E01.
2. Less common, but still happens, is weirdness in naming of the release. I don't know how common it is now, but for a while SB didn't know that SHOW 2x22 meant S02E22. I think they've got a regex for that now, but there could be other non-standard cases that cause that issue.

I peeked at the log and I can see some of the stuff you described happening. I think another possible issue is that it can't determine the quality of some of the files and so it...ignores them. EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE JUST FINE.

I understand that this is incredibly complex and difficult to program, but the whole point of the software is to "set it and forget it," and instead it seems like I have to manage it a lot. Oh, well. It works about 75% of the time, at least. :v:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Nitr0 posted:

s/frugal/cheap

Ain't no shame in saving yo' money.

I peeked at the log and I can see some of the stuff you described happening. I think another possible issue is that it can't determine the quality of some of the files and so it...ignores them. EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE JUST FINE.

I understand that this is incredibly complex and difficult to program, but the whole point of the software is to "set it and forget it," and instead it seems like I have to manage it a lot. Oh, well. It works about 75% of the time, at least. :v:

You could try nzbdrone instead

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anyone notice that Supernews is missing blocks lately?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Supernews is Giganews so it's probably always missing blocks, you just never ran into them before. That or people are ramping up their DMCA requests, who knows?

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006

BotchedLobotomy posted:

What version of Unraid did you install? V5 or V4?
V5

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

I was running into this problem with NZBMatrix. Basically what I gleaned from googling was that SB does not use the NZBMatrix API it instead uses the RSS feed. This feed is a list of all the latest? (not sure on that, perhaps all) releases. However this feed is obviously not the entire site so it doesn't have everything on it. I don't know the specifics of how it chooses what is on this list. It is also alphabetized, so shows starting with a/b/c etc are more likely to get hits than others.

tl;dr nzb.su works far better with SB than NZBMatrix does.

Of course that is just based of random forum posts so it could be completely wrong because I know poo poo all about any of this other than what I read.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

FISHMANPET posted:

Yes, they are both valid, and Information points to the exact same file with the exact same extension. There are no additional video files of any kind when I browse the shares manually.

The duplication occurs pretty much instantaneously, meaning zero time has elapsed to account for any other downloading.

Recent Shows view is just two sequential entries of most each show episode with only few exceptions.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WE CAN USE THIS :byodood:
Is there any way to tell if and when sickbeard updates it episode listings? Or better yet, to tell sickbeard how often (and when) it should update? For the past couple of months I've just been hitting the manual update button every so often, because it never seems to do so itself.

Also, during the day I put my PC in sleep mode and wake it when I get back. Sickbeard attempts to grab new episodes pretty much immediately after my PC wakes up, but it usually takes ~30 seconds for my network connection to be established, so sickbeard invariably fails and only retries after an hour or so. Is it possible to do anything about this?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

timmmmaaaah posted:

I was running into this problem with NZBMatrix. Basically what I gleaned from googling was that SB does not use the NZBMatrix API it instead uses the RSS feed. This feed is a list of all the latest? (not sure on that, perhaps all) releases. However this feed is obviously not the entire site so it doesn't have everything on it. I don't know the specifics of how it chooses what is on this list. It is also alphabetized, so shows starting with a/b/c etc are more likely to get hits than others.

tl;dr nzb.su works far better with SB than NZBMatrix does.

Of course that is just based of random forum posts so it could be completely wrong because I know poo poo all about any of this other than what I read.

I noticed that in the log, and was somewhat puzzled, especially since it ASKS FOR THE loving API KEY. Imma check out a couple of other providers.

Regarding missing blocks/failed repairs, I haven't had that much of an issue with it except for some things that have quite a bit of age on them.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
I've noticed Sickbeard won't find certain seasons/episodes when I can go on NZBMatrix, find them easily, and manually post process them with SB once they're downloaded. Is this common, or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

blargle posted:

I've noticed Sickbeard won't find certain seasons/episodes when I can go on NZBMatrix, find them easily, and manually post process them with SB once they're downloaded. Is this common, or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Check your retention in sick beard. I think by default its set to 500. Increase it to your server retention.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

blargle posted:

For extra fun, when you load these into SAB, set the category to tv (or whatever category you have Sickbeard use) and then you won't even have to manually process the files!

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

What are people's experiences with private trackers? It seems like like they might be a better source for more obscure/niche type of stuff, especially from the top 3 TV/Movies/Music ones.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
My roommate indiscriminately signed up for a Newshosting.com Unlimited account and paid for a whole year up front.

http://www.newshosting.com/en/usenet-access-plans.php

It's his money, not mine, so I'm not very concerned, but I was kind of underwhelmed by the selection I've been finding on various NZB search sites. Should I convince him to sign up with someone else/better or is Newshosting cool, I should probably just be looking for :filez: elsewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Have been with newshosting for years and not had issues for a long time. Have a blocknews account for repairs and that's fine. Some companies file DMCA requests so this helps to counter those on older file. Regularly grab stuff close to 4 years old with little issue.