Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

muike posted:

Someone post that crazy rear end 80's one, that's the best dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
What's the giant grab handle for above the vent?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Roadwarrior posted:

Passenger Ejector Seat.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

I never noticed this before but are the speedo/tach two giant rotating cylinders with markings/numbers on them?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hog Obituary posted:

I never noticed this before but are the speedo/tach two giant rotating cylinders with markings/numbers on them?

Yes, like an old-fashioned bathroom scale.

Why? Because Citroën, that's why.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Hog Obituary posted:

Some American cars had them, too.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

front wing flexing posted:

I'm putting this here because it's pretty AI I think:

This is a man with a death wish, or one hell of a rollcage.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is a man with a death wish, or one hell of a rollcage.

It's crying out for some adaptive aero, maybe a pair of dive planes on the fenders linked to the steering to counter roll?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Angling up on the inside to add downforce, angling down on the outside for the car to bounce off of instead of going over...I like it.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

The Roadwarrior posted:

Parking brake.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Throatwarbler posted:

Of course Audi's engine also moves the timing/valve train to the back of the engine because gently caress you I'm an Audi in order to move as much of the weight of the engine as far back as possible, due to their inherently nose heavy drivetrain layout.

I'm sure the timing chain guides will never wear.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

joat mon posted:

Parking brake.

God I love the idea of old Citroens.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sockington posted:

I guess it has been a while since Matlab1988 posted about his Subaru XT :v:
God drat, this week went by fast.

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
Giving the 951 a bath a few years ago.....

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

XtaC posted:

Giving the 951 a bath a few years ago.....

And the carpets are still full of mold to this day.

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

Motronic posted:

And the carpets are still full of mold to this day.

Hey, that silastic on the seal kept some of the water outta the hatch!

Edit: With all the talk of the Barras, here's one in the background!

XtaC fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 10, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That 951 looks like dirty, dirty sex with those wheels on it.

Unf.

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

Motronic posted:

That 951 looks like dirty, dirty sex with those wheels on it.

Unf.

Yeah, they're heavy fuckers though.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

XtaC posted:

Yeah, they're heavy fuckers though.

Don't care. Needs 968 mirrors and all white markers RIGHT NOW. Then it's perfect.

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

Motronic posted:

Don't care. Needs 968 mirrors and all white markers RIGHT NOW. Then it's perfect.

Haha, funny you should mention those two things ... I went digging around for some more recent photos ....

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

XtaC posted:

Haha, funny you should mention those two things

You're doing it right.

Edit: wait...were you in an accident? The steering wheel got knocked over on the wrong side.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 10, 2012

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

Motronic posted:

You're doing it right.

Edit: wait...were you in an accident? The steering wheel got knocked over on the wrong side.

Nah mate, all Aussie right here!

Have some Aussie muscle .... Mum and Dad's BA BF Mk2 GT when they bought it new a few years ago. That's the best colour they were released in IMO.

XtaC fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 10, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

XtaC posted:

Have some Aussie muscle

Why can't I have nice V8 muscle cars?

Oh, that's right....CAFE standards and tree huggers.

I understand that most animals in your environment can kill you, but it seems like a fair tradeoff.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

XtaC posted:

Haha, funny you should mention those two things ... I went digging around for some more recent photos ....

I don't get why you guys the 968 mirrors more. The square 944 ones are dated but fit the boxiness of the car more.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kimbo305 posted:

I don't get why you guys the 968 mirrors more. The square 944 ones are dated but fit the boxiness of the car more.

I don't like white corner markers. New amber lights are better. White corners go hand in hand with Canadian Tire Altezzza lights from the late 90's.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Okay so there is a weird little lot about 20 minutes from my house. It's a little corner lot in burbank california, doesn't really seem like there's a shop or anything attached to it, looks like it might be storage, and it's full of porsches. There's some basic stuff, 70's and 80's 911's in various states of disrepair; growing up on long island this isn't something too shocking, LI has tons of weird lots full of really cool old cars rusting away. There's a few cars there though that give me pause when I drive by. The first is a goddamn 959, which is basically my second favorite car ever. I'm assuming it's a replica because it's not in very good shape at all, but better than the rest of the cars there. The second made me almost crash into a light post. My number one favorite car ever (tied with like 5 others), a loving 904. Again, I'm assuming it's a replica, it's definitely not in good shape at all. If this were long island, I'd assume it's just a replica shell rotting away, but in this neighborhood it's definitely possible that it's the real deal. I'm going to go back this weekend and take some pictures, as sad as they may be, with these amazing cars just sitting there.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

omgitstheinternet posted:

904. Again, I'm assuming it's a replica

It's almost definitely a Chuck Beck. I'm pretty sure he's made more than the factory did at this point.

Even a replica is an expensive car to leave out to rot.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

XtaC posted:

Nah mate, all Aussie right here!

Have some Aussie muscle .... Mum and Dad's BA BF Mk2 GT when they bought it new a few years ago. That's the best colour they were released in IMO.

That looks like the same color as the Parnelli Jones Saleen from a few years ago.

e- also yes, the 302 badge on the fender is accurate, the engines in them are a stroked 4.6L. They only made 500, and I've driven about 6 of them. Parnelli autographed the dash in all 500.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 10, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

A friend's LLY Duramax that I've been doing some tuning on stopped by Danville performance to use the dyno. They also built the turbo that's on it:

610 HP/1183 Tq. And it's still calling for more fuel than I can feed it up at the top. Already put a lift pump in it that sounds like a commercial water pump. Not enough. A fuel pump upgrade is going to be happening real soon now.

I love these Duramaxes.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
That seems like an awfully narrow RPM range.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

EightBit posted:

That seems like an awfully narrow RPM range.

You do know it's a diesel, right? :)

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
This just showed up on my Facebook feed:

Unfortunately no back story yet other than it's one of my uni's old Formula Student cars. I'm thinking of putting it up on the workshop wall.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Posting some Falcons huh? Here is the other option if you want something with a smaller engine and a tray so you can carry stuff.

My friends XR6 turbo ute - Currently putting down 631HP at the wheels on 98 pump gas.

Of coarse being Australia it was used as a wedding car with the traditional burnouts.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Still my favorite. Man that shifter handle is awesome. :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Root Bear posted:

Still my favorite. Man that shifter handle is awesome. :allears:

Craving steak now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm not sure if this should go in the terrible thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKM0aX1D-g

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Phone posted:

Why would it? It's really easy to see that this is just a slightly more pants-on-head version of the S2000.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Just came across this in our neighborhood... click for big.

I think it's a manufacturer car - no badges, had some weird stick-on lettering in the windshield. But it's really stunning in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Phone posted:

drat, I absolutely love the cabin and rear end of this vehicle. Wish the rear end would have carried over to production.