Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Apparently this was put together for people not familiar with US politics.

I like the "INTERFERE WITH: SOCIETY, SOCIAL LIVES," part.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
https://vimeo.com/45878034

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Look at those noses.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Did someone say: "Racism" ?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd2cKS2EoJM

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

kith_groupie posted:

As a person with a uterus I can't tell you how satisfying this is.

Holy poo poo, I had never heard that rape so easy one before.

Have a scene from Roger Dodger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YOB48WGM4Y
:biotruths:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's like they did no research at all.
There is a DUI law with respects to weed.

cross posting:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

A local brewery here in Brittany made a beer in tribute to White House Honey Ale called "Ty Gwenn" or "White House" in Breton. Carrefour got it in stock Wednesday morning, just in time for post-election parties.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A tremendous rear end in a top hat posted:

Dear Lord:

The American people have made their choice. They have decided that America must change its course, away from the principals of our Founders. And, away from the idea of individual freedom and individual responsibility. Away from capitalism, economic responsibility, and personal acceptance.

We are a Country in favor of redistribution, national weakness and reduced standard of living and lower and lower levels of personal freedom.

My regret, Lord, is that our young people, including those in my own family, never will know what America was like or might have been. They will pay the price in their reduced standard of living and, most especially, reduced freedom.

The takers outvoted the producers. In response to this, I have turned to my Bible and in II Peter, Chapter 1, verses 4-9 it says, “To faith we are to add goodness; to goodness, knowledge; to knowledge, self control; to self control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, kindness; to brotherly kindness, love.”

Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build. We ask for your guidance in this drastic time with the drastic decisions that will be made to have any hope of our survival as an American business enterprise.

Amen.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Ummmm....me?

Well you're a nutter, is all I'm saying.

Students going FTP in Chile.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaXswEtFZ-k

If only more people were like Accounts Payable(the white guy).

e:

My favorite part about these maps is 1) I can see my county in South Texas in the first and 2) although it's surrounded by red in almost every direction, in the second the large stretch of red between there and what looks like Austin shrinks down a spaghetti noodle.

That's all brush, wild hogs and rednecks bathing in mud and eating squirrels.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 10, 2012

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

From the comments:

This was one of you, wasn't it?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

That's all brush, wild hogs and rednecks bathing in mud and eating squirrels.

Hey now, squirrel is tasty :colbert:. Raccoon, on the other hand, is not :smith:

http://youtu.be/NL_YdRxBhzI?t=1m32s

Soviet Commubot fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 10, 2012

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

quote:

Time to tell any Democrats you know to gently caress off and die

by Eric Dondero
today starts a new course for my life. I've soured on electoral politics given what happened last night. I believe now the best course of action is outright revolt. What do I mean by that?

Well, to each his own. Some may choose to push secession in their state legislatures. Others may choose to leave the U.S. for good (Costa Rica, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Hong Kong, Israel). Still others may want to personally separate themselves from the United States here in North America while still living under communist rule' the Glenn Beck, grab your guns, food storage, build bunkers, survivalist route. I heartily endorse all these efforts.
When I'm at the Wal-mart or grocery story I typically pay with my debit card. On the pad it comes up, "EBT, Debit, Credit, Cash." I make it a point to say loudly to the check-out clerk, "EBT, what is that for?" She inevitably says, "it's government assistance." I respond, "Oh, you mean welfare? Great. I work for a living. I'm paying for my food with my own hard-earned dollars. And other people get their food for free." And I look around with disgust, making sure others in line have heard me.

I am going to step this up. I am going to do far more of this in my life. It's going to be my personal crusade. I hope other libertarians and conservatives will eventually join me.
Buttons. Boy, you can have a lot of fun with this. I plan to make up a bunch of buttons, and wear them around town, sayings like "Democrats are Communist Pigs," or "Welfare moochers steal from hard-working Americans," "Only Nazis support Seat Belt laws" or "No Smoking Ban: Nanny-Staters go gently caress Yourselves."
http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I'm trying to parse this run-on sentence. Sorry if English is not your first language. Are you inferring that republican voters have less educational opportunities than democratic-leaning ones, or that the core of the republican party is poor and involuntarily uneducated? If that isn't what you are trying to say, then you are justifying a poll test/tax to save the poor from themselves.
-EDIT- As a member of the working class, I will not concede that we need external aid to secure education and prosperity. Not stealing the fruits of our labor will suffice. I also don't appreciate the implication that free-will and self-determination only apply to the upper classes.

English is my first language, but I guess I was annoyed enough when I was writing that post that I didn't pay attention to the number of clauses I used. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The part I bolded is the case, but that is irrelevant. The point of what I said is basically that everyone is the product of their environment and their genetics, which means that even the ability to recognize one's ignorance and the ability to acquire the will to correct one's ignorance is essentially beyond one's control. At what point does a single thought stop being the result of the previous thought? I would argue that you and I are generally leftists (I assume you are) not because we have a special capacity to evaluate our worldview with empathy, but simply that we were afforded an empathetic perspective directly or indirectly by conditional influences.

This suggests that political opponents deserve sympathy and honesty, not scorn and contempt - try to help them, rather than drive them away. I know that this isn't possible all the time, and that scorn and contempt is sometimes even necessary to make a point or to mollify them, but empty hate is only a detriment.

I hope this clarifies, and I also ask that, if you respond, you do not use the hostile language you used before. I was voicing my opinion in good faith, and I don't enjoy wading through passive-aggression to discuss it. I apologize for my own reaction.

:NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/bF1R3.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvv
Yeah, it's pretty dense now that I reread it. I think I thought the cadence I intended it to be read in was more obvious.

Wubbles fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 10, 2012

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wubbles posted:

English is my first language, but I guess I was annoyed enough when I was writing that post that I didn't pay attention to the number of clauses I used. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

To paraphrase David Foster Wallace, that post reeked of red wine and quaaludes.

Or maybe it was Faulknerian. :shrug:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/11/if-everyone-couldnt-vote.html

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
http://youtu.be/Wdy546r0mbY

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
I have a request for an image about Reagan, which is an infographic or comic I believe, which lists objectively why he was a bad president, so not welfare cuts, etc., which are only subjectively terrible, but like exacerbating the AIDS pandemic and a truly terrible foreign policy. Anyone know what I mean?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
This is the one I know of:

Anyone have a link to the fox news election night video? Trying to find it.

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH

Kayhan, the paper run by the Ayatollah: - Mr. Change returns for another four more years without change -

az jan jananam fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 10, 2012

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nubdestoryer
Sep 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Black Griffon posted:

Well you're a nutter, is all I'm saying.

Students going FTP in Chile.
---

Makes me sad this gets so little coverage overseas. Chile is experiencing the biggest unrest since the end of the Pinochet era.

What really amazes me is the bulk of the student movement is so young - in their mid-teens. The university part of the movement only got involved after high schools started being occupied, this is a real youth movement. There are thousands of high school kids who have lost an entire year of school - they wont graduate until 19 - to try and change the terrible education system here.

I work as a private afterschool tutor and come into contact with a lot of kids involved or affected by the protests/occupations. I have a lot of respect for them, they're brave, and far more politically aware than I was at that age.

Content, also from Santiago, Chile (these are mine, I have larger of all of these if anyone wants them):

nubdestoryer fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 10, 2012

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Experto Crede posted:

I have a request for an image about Reagan, which is an infographic or comic I believe, which lists objectively why he was a bad president, so not welfare cuts, etc., which are only subjectively terrible, but like exacerbating the AIDS pandemic and a truly terrible foreign policy. Anyone know what I mean?

I have this one, which is upsetting:

And then there's Tim Kreider's take on the dearly departed President. Read the artist's statement.

http://thepaincomics.com/weekly040609a.htm

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

nubdestoryer posted:

Makes me sad this gets so little coverage overseas. Chile is experiencing the biggest unrest since the end of the Pinochet era.

What really amazes me is the bulk of the student movement is so young - in their mid-teens. The university part of the movement only got involved after high schools started being occupied, this is a real youth movement. There are thousands of high school kids who have lost an entire year of school - they wont graduate until 19 - to try and change the terrible education system here.

I work as a private afterschool tutor and come into contact with a lot of kids involved or affected by the protests/occupations. I have a lot of respect for them, they're brave, and far more politically aware than I was at that age.

Content, also from Santiago, Chile (these are mine, I have larger of all of these if anyone wants them):

I wish there was a South-America thread like there is for SE-Asia and China, 'cause while a few news stories pop up it's so much better when you have the people on the ground talkin' about it and showin' articles and poo poo. Gonna check up on them thangs right now, in the meantime, have some lies:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

This is the poster recently put up by the Austrian right-wing FPÖ party all over the country. In the upper right corner, it says "FPÖ: the social home party", although the German Heimat carries much more meaning than just "home". In the yellow box, it reads "Therefore: FPÖ", and the big red writing means "decision for Austria".

The person on the left is Werner Faymann, the current social democratic chancellor of Austria. The dude on the right is HC Strache (yes, he really shortens his first name to the initials), head of the FPÖ and notorious dipshit and slimeball; you might remember his predecessor, the infamous Jörg Haider. In most versions of the poster, it is accompanied by a bullet point list of various Faymann/Strache "accomplishments" or political positions being compared to each other, like: "Faymann: wants more immigration - Strache: supports own (ie: Aryan Austrian) families"

So why post it here? Because to me at least, this poster is hilarious because it is simply so exaggerated. Just take a look: Faymann is in almost-greyscale, arms hold closely to the body as to signify a defensive stance. He glances sidewards as if he didn't know what to do, almost looking lost. He wears a business suit complete with tie, symbolising being upper-class and out of touch. Strache on the other hand wears a white shirt open at the collar, his eyes looking determined into the distance/future. I can't see it properly behind the big red text, but it almost looks like he's rolling up his sleeves. And of course Faymann stands on the left and Strache on the right.

And the background: Faymann's half is crumpled, grey paper, whereas Strache stands in front of a blue, sunlit sky. The buildings behind Faymann are the Atomium in Brussels, standing for the EU, and the Eiffel tower - Faymann is selling Austria out to the EU bureaucrats and to foreign powers like France. Behind Strache we see the St. Stephen's cathedral of Vienna as a sign of god-fearing Catholicism and the "good old times" as well as the bell tower of Graz, both important Austrian buildings.

You can't see it on this picture, but even the bullet points (as in the +'s and -'s preceding the words) have a meaning: Faymann's -'s are of a somewhat muted red and dirty, whereas Strache's plusses are bright red and spotless.

What I want to say is: someone really went to town with his political propaganda and symbolic meaning for this poster. The FPÖ is a horrible party full with Neo-Nazi turds, but in a way I wish more political posters were like that so that I could analyse and have a laugh at them while waiting at the bus stop :allears:

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

System Metternich posted:

This is the poster recently put up by the Austrian right-wing FPÖ party all over the country. In the upper right corner, it says "FPÖ: the social home party", although the German Heimat carries much more meaning than just "home". In the yellow box, it reads "Therefore: FPÖ", and the big red writing means "decision for Austria".

The person on the left is Werner Faymann, the current social democratic chancellor of Austria. The dude on the right is HC Strache (yes, he really shortens his first name to the initials), head of the FPÖ and notorious dipshit and slimeball; you might remember his predecessor, the infamous Jörg Haider. In most versions of the poster, it is accompanied by a bullet point list of various Faymann/Strache "accomplishments" or political positions being compared to each other, like: "Faymann: wants more immigration - Strache: supports own (ie: Aryan Austrian) families"

So why post it here? Because to me at least, this poster is hilarious because it is simply so exaggerated. Just take a look: Faymann is in almost-greyscale, arms hold closely to the body as to signify a defensive stance. He glances sidewards as if he didn't know what to do, almost looking lost. He wears a business suit complete with tie, symbolising being upper-class and out of touch. Strache on the other hand wears a white shirt open at the collar, his eyes looking determined into the distance/future. I can't see it properly behind the big red text, but it almost looks like he's rolling up his sleeves. And of course Faymann stands on the left and Strache on the right.

And the background: Faymann's half is crumpled, grey paper, whereas Strache stands in front of a blue, sunlit sky. The buildings behind Faymann are the Atomium in Brussels, standing for the EU, and the Eiffel tower - Faymann is selling Austria out to the EU bureaucrats and to foreign powers like France. Behind Strache we see the St. Stephen's cathedral of Vienna as a sign of god-fearing Catholicism and the "good old times" as well as the bell tower of Graz, both important Austrian buildings.

You can't see it on this picture, but even the bullet points (as in the +'s and -'s preceding the words) have a meaning: Faymann's -'s are of a somewhat muted red and dirty, whereas Strache's plusses are bright red and spotless.

What I want to say is: someone really went to town with his political propaganda and symbolic meaning for this poster. The FPÖ is a horrible party full with Neo-Nazi turds, but in a way I wish more political posters were like that so that I could analyse and have a laugh at them while waiting at the bus stop :allears:

What's that, racist parties and their gratuitous posters? Don't mind if I do!

(This one is especially funny as that is a Polish spitfire, the Poles being the main non-muslim target of their fury)

EDIT:

Also, the UK Independence Party, who are pretty much just as xenophobic as the BNP, but for some reason never really get called out on it.

Experto Crede fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 10, 2012

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:psyduck:

quote:

That looks like one of those cheap leaflets trying to interest you for a correspondence course in creative writing or the newest memorial coin set.

In non-poo poo party terms, I'm quite fond of the Bayernpartei posters. The BP is a weird mixture of Catholic conservativism (ie: socially conservative, economically quite progressive) and Green ideology. Its main goal is independence of Bavaria from the crushing grip of German federal tyranny (imagine a crying lion in front of a Bavarian flag here). They've got great posters like this:

"Outlaw crime! Some demands are just dumb. Other demands are only dumb until you've thought them over: For a free Bavaria in Europe"

(The party described the poster as a "parody of the demands of many political parties, which often pretend that crime could be abolished with stricter laws")

"Don't you want to get rid of the Bavarians as well? Then vote Bayernpartei! For a Germany without Bavaria"

(This poster was only put up outside of Bavaria for the European election in 2008)

And finally the classic, which you'll see everywhere in Bavaria during election season:

Because sometimes a picture says more than a 1,000 words. :v:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 10, 2012

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Romney's first tweet since election night.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

Rebel Blob posted:

Personally I prefer the mental picture of Romney aides, working well past 1 AM election night, find that as they finally get to go to their beds after such a depressing day that their campaign-issued credit cards have been canceled.
Hahaha

quote:

"Fiscally conservative," sighed one aide the next day.

For content:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
This is more entertaining than it should be: go to Romney's Facebook page and hit refresh to watch the "likes" steadily draining away.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2012/07/16/156851175/five-men-agree-to-stand-directly-under-an-exploding-nuclear-bomb

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Those are fantastic. I'm thinking "You want to get rid of Texas too, yeah?" would make good posters for Texan secessionists.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Contemporary racist propaganda? Switzerland to the rescue!

stop - yes to ban on minarets

stop mass immigration

The left is destroying our country

external determination? twice no to voting for foreigners

for more security

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

• Locked thread